[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any reason to carry a Colt Mustang when the P238 exists?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: ColtMustangPocketLite1.jpg (52 KB, 500x295) Image search: [Google]
ColtMustangPocketLite1.jpg
52 KB, 500x295
Is there any reason to carry a Colt Mustang when the P238 exists?

The Mustang is a bit cheaper, but ive literally never seen anyone on this board own or even mention then before
>>
Buddy carried one for a short period for the reason that as you mentioned they are commonly pretty cheap. I think he paid ~$300 for it in the early 2000s. He traded it off after having to replace the trigger mechanism from not following its kind of unique manual of arms.

It is possible to engage the safety with the hammer down unlike on a traditional 1911 since the safety acts on the hammer and not the sear and slide. If you forget to disengage the safety and then run the slide (which he did) it bends up some of the internal workings.

So his decision to get rid of it was based on the ability to easily fuck it up. Other than that I don't recall he had any complaints.
>>
>>30120341
They have lots of problems. This is why nobody actually uses them even though they feel really fucking good. A CCW with issues is totally useless, no matter how nice it feels. A M&P Bodyguard/LCP/TCP/revolver will be better, as much as you think it won't.
>>
>>30120434
>It is possible to engage the safety with the hammer down unlike on a traditional 1911 since the safety acts on the hammer and not the sear and slide. If you forget to disengage the safety and then run the slide (which he did) it bends up some of the internal workings.

It's the same with the P238, but honestly you'd have to be a major fuckup of a person to break your gun this way.
>>
>>30120341

I looked at both for a bit, and I leaned towards the mustang. The P238 just had too many issues for me, but if it weren't for the function problems I would have taken it because the mustang's sights are garbage.

>>30120434

Don't quote me, but I believe that problem has been fixed.
>>
>>30120621
I've tripped more than once in my life and I've been walking for a few decades.

It only takes once for it to happen, and with such a simple way to damage the firearm trying to rationalize it away by saying "it will never happen to me" is stupid.
>>
>>30120777
All it takes is proper training. If you can't train yourself to cock the gun before flipping the safety on, you have no business CCing it.
>>
>>30120621
Thought this was fixed on the new Colts and the 238s
>>
File: Colt-Mustang-Pocketlite2.jpg (287 KB, 607x432) Image search: [Google]
Colt-Mustang-Pocketlite2.jpg
287 KB, 607x432
>>30120470
can you name some of these problems? i was about to pick one up.
>>
File: img_60131.jpg (525 KB, 3740x2972) Image search: [Google]
img_60131.jpg
525 KB, 3740x2972
>>
File: DSCF0600.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0600.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>
File: micro1.jpg (410 KB, 3000x2250) Image search: [Google]
micro1.jpg
410 KB, 3000x2250
the kimber version looks pretty nice, wish the brand didn't have such a bad rep though.
>>
>>30122189
holy shit it's so cute
>>
File: hW4vTYs.jpg (4 MB, 3212x2012) Image search: [Google]
hW4vTYs.jpg
4 MB, 3212x2012
>>30123994
i know, right.
>>
The safety issue was fixed.

Manual Pg:14

The safety can be applied when the hammer is cocked with the slide either forward or back.
>>
>>30124907
that's good to have cleared up
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.