[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /k/. /o/ here. Just got back from buying a gun for the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8
File: H&K45.jpg (615 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
H&K45.jpg
615 KB, 1632x1224
Hey, /k/.
/o/ here.

Just got back from buying a gun for the very first time in my life. Some people broke into my garage and into my house 3 nights ago while I was held up in my room and I couldn't help but feel that maybe I could have prevented it or at least scared off the intruders. I called 911 but by the time the police arrived whoever had broken in already left.
They stole a few of my tool sets, a small television I kept in the garage, a fine silverware set, and one of my laptops. They also broke the window to my car.

I bought one of pic related after the gun shop owner convinced me that it was top of the line and that it would be all I ever need.
Sort of feel like he used car salesman tactics on me but I'm no too sure when it comes to guns.
It was pretty pricey, about 1.1k, and I figured I've spent much more than that on my car so this would just be another reasonable investment.
So did I get ripped off, /k/?
>>
File: Dillon_H&K_Mk23.jpg (558 KB, 1343x998) Image search: [Google]
Dillon_H&K_Mk23.jpg
558 KB, 1343x998
>>30117022
that's an excellent gun in an excellent caliber. HK makes awesome 45s
anyone who tries to tell you otherwise is a poorfag case of sour grapes
>>
>>30117022

Sort of, yeah. The HK45 is a fine gun and the price could make sense for serious collectors or enthusiasts, but it's overkill for your purposes. Practically speaking you could have bought a decent .45 handgun for half the price that would have done the same exact job. But at least you have a nice and functional gun now. Although personally I would be a little concerned about actually using it in a shooting because if the police take it as evidence there's no knowing what condition it'll be returned in and in how much time, and of course it won't have been cleaned in the meantime. But still better than nothing.
>>
You didn't get ripped off.
H&K is just more expensive than most other brands for polymer framed pistols.
You might have been able to find it a bit cheaper from some online seller, but after shipping and FFL fees you wouldn't have saved much if anything.
>>
>>30117022
oh and I hope it's not loaded. you've got the hammer back and safety off.
>>
>>30117142
What are you, a little bitch? Take a walk on the wild side.
>>
>>30117142

I think it's safe to assume he's capable of not shooting himself. If you went on /o/ to ask a question about your new car they probably wouldn't remind you how to use the break pedal.
>>
>Literally çucked by the salesman. All you ever need is a GLOCK® 19.

It's perfectly fine. Very functional and stylish.
>>
>>30117022

Would I have spring for the tactical model? Probably not for a first handgun. Realistically, you probably will not be suppressing the gun anytime soon. The night sights are a nice touch, however. The laser/light combo can be a good thing, but do remember that the light is used for final target identification as you're shooting. Your gun is not a good substitute for a flashlight, and you should use a handheld light when searching your home in order to avoid pointing your gun at things you shouldn't (like family members).

I think the DA/SA action, while not bad by any means (specific to HKs, could be better trigger-wise), is going to pose some gunhandling concerns that you need to learn to address. The gun in the condition pictured wouldn't be safe if it were left loaded. You're going to need to pick one of the following:
- The hammer cocked (as it is now) with a loaded round in the chamber, but the safety lever up; or
- The hammer down (safely lower it by pressing the safety lever down -- this is called decocking) with a loaded round in the chamber, safety lever optional.

The first method results in a short, light trigger pull with the gun having a sort of on-off switch (the safety). The second results in a long, heavy trigger pull for your first round and with subsequent shots being very easy. The safety isn't particularly necessary at that point, but some people like it. The first method requires practice at taking the lever off. When you grip the gun, your thumb should rest on top of the lever in order to switch it off when you choose to fire.

You need to practice, and preferably go seek out some instruction. Even a basic intro to handguns course at a local range will give you a good foundation for safe gunhandling as well as good marksmanship fundamentals. I'd definitely suggest going further once you've got that down, hopefully at least a defensive pistol course (again, local ranges often have these).
>>
>>30117022
He gave you a heirloom quality firearm for a reasonable price. The markup on guns is only like 5% on a good day for gunstores.

Could he have sold you a $500 Glock that would work just as well? Yeah, but he got you something way better that you'll never feel the need to "upgrade" like so many poorfags who buy lesser quality guns and end up paying more by scaling the ladder until they reach H&K.

>I also think this thread is b8
>>
>>30117022
>So did I get ripped off, /k/?
no but you picked a shit choice
seriously the advice "buy a glock 19" fits every situation imaginable and would have saved you $500
>>
>>30117022
>Google image search
>Mauri airshit

Why?

Made me reply/10 here's your (you)
>>
>>30118436
^this, don't even need to reverse image search. Look at the gap between the breech and the slide.
>>
>>30118855
>>30118436

>>30117022
>I bought one of pic related
he never said it was his in the pic.
probably just did a google search for a stock photo
>>
>>30117022
If you specifically wanted a good handgun and don't mind what you paid, then no, you didn't get ripped off.

If you just wanted the typical home defense type thing, then you overpaid a solid grand and could've picked up a shotgun at the pawn shop. But it doesn't seem to have put you into poverty so what's it matter? You could always sell it.

TL;DR: No if you wanted a nice pistol. Yes if you just wanted to defend your home.
>>
>>30117084

This OP. It's a great gun though, you can be proud you own an HK
>>
>>30117157
Proof that guns need to be taken away. Thanks, every piece of evidence helps for our argument.
>>
>>30119462
Or maybe you shouldn't REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE over a picture of a gun not being safe.

Do you sperg whenever you see a pocket knife in the open position?
>careful anon, you might cut yourself
>lol I'm fine, don't be a bitch
>PROOF POSITIVE KNIVES SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>30117022
>1,100 on a first firearm
Get a Glock of you want striker or a SIG, CZ, or Jericho if you want hammer fired.

All of these come in at roughly half the price and do the same thing, sometimes better other times on par with HKs.
They're not bad guns but the way I see it you might not enjoy shooting as a hobby and thus shouldn't bother with something expensive.

Just my two cents.
Still, if you can't be persuaded otherwise, they're okay guns.
>>
>>30119622
Dude. Did you even read the post? He clearly said he already bought it.
>>
>>30119586
there is no reason to have a gun loaded, cocked, and off safe other than you plan to use it immediately
>>
>>30117022
I really don't get why people that are not interested in guns can be persuaded into buying this pistol.
It's the wet dream for firearms enthusiasts alright.
But a Glock with less than half the price will do the job just fine.
>>
File: time_to_be_serious.jpg (180 KB, 580x542) Image search: [Google]
time_to_be_serious.jpg
180 KB, 580x542
>>30117022
The HK45 is literally one of the greatest .45's ever made. The guy wasn't fugging with you. They're waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overbuilt and they feel fantastic. You get what you pay for sometimes, and this is one of those times.

The problem with your choice is that it's basically an offensive pistol that special forces units will use on an offensive maneuver(clandestine operator shit). Unless you get really good with shooting that thing AND carry it around the house with you, you'll still get fucked up if someone breaks in.

Lots of home invasions happen because the home owner couldn't reach their gun stored in the bedroom/safe/wherever they keep it in time before the home invaders discovered them and proceeded to beat the shit out of/rape/kill them, and this is a big gun. I would have gone for a very small gun that I knew I could carry literally 24/7, and then had a shotgun or AR in the bedroom.

That's still a really good gun, though. You couldn't possibly be more prepared IF you actually have the gun on you when shit hits the fan. It's literally an offensive pistol that the SEALs might use on a mission.
>>
>>30119844
>mfw good friend murdered in home invasion
>was no guns
>things changed
>now have several guns
>few stashed in plain sight
I agree with you which is why I don't keep all my shit locked up. If I'm watching TV and need to get to it fast I want options.
>>
>>30117171
> break
Maybe not a bad idea to ask you...
>>
File: Echtes_Rammstein.jpg (155 KB, 576x768) Image search: [Google]
Echtes_Rammstein.jpg
155 KB, 576x768
USP's give me a serious hard-on
You got yourself a nice operator pistol

If money matters, I would have bought a Glock 20 for dat medium sized 10mm sexiness
>>
>>30117022
Why does your gun not have the antlers like my HK?
>>
File: nl1YJBG[1].jpg (456 KB, 2816x2112) Image search: [Google]
nl1YJBG[1].jpg
456 KB, 2816x2112
Since you spent 1k on such a nice gun, and now have the ability to defend your property and your life, clearly the answer is to take this as far as it goes and get some more guns.

Welcome /k/omrade.
>>
File: 1453007506747.gif (70 KB, 300x451) Image search: [Google]
1453007506747.gif
70 KB, 300x451
>>30119844
What are you talking about? I carry my HK usp with me everywhere I go in the house strapped to my waist even in my underwear.
>>
>>30119927

tfw you will never know how the breaks on your car work
>>
>>30119993
My only issue with my USP tactical is the fact the thread protector comes loose after shooting a few rounds even though the thread protector has a o-ring.
>>
>>30120132
Loctite
>>
>>30120138
I'll look into that.
>>
>>30119744
Bitch more
>>
>>30119900
Pic VERY related.
>>
>>30120159
OP also mentioned he was brand new to firearms, implying his father and grandfather didn't drive gun safety into his skull from birth.
It's folks like that who are most prone to making careless but dangerous mistakes.
>>
>>30117022
I personally don't like H&K pistols OP.
But there is no denying they are great. They are a bit pricey but it's solid quality for the most part. You done good
>>
>>30120208
kek. Nothing that crazy but I have one in the bedroom, kitchen and one in the living room. Looking to get a cheap .38 for the bathroom in a vac sealed bag or something. I just don't want people busting into my house while i'm trying to get my safe open.
>>
>>30120063
that's not OPs actual gun, but an image from somewhere else.

the "antler" is the stag proof mark for the proof house in Ulm, Germany. the pistols that are proofed in the US have the NH capital dome on them.

few use the US proof house, but most high end companies do when a gun needs proofing.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.