[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unpopular opinion on women in the military/LE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: 1454737953394.jpg (233 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
1454737953394.jpg
233 KB, 960x640
>Unpopular opinions about Women in LE/Military
>(Part 1 of 2)
I honestly think women in law enforcement or military roles are in the same exact situation blacks were in before Truman desegregated the Armed Forces via E.O. 9981 in 1948.

In WW2 and even before, we used blacks and minorities mostly in supply/logistics, and combat arms support roles.
>The military establishment supported this via bullshit studies saying black were colorblind at night, or that they were more susceptible to fear so they wouldn't be able to hold bearing during combat, etc.
>However, we all know that this^ was bullshit, especially since limited front line units that saw action during WW2 and wars before performed similarly to the whites (Tuskegee airmen, 92nd infantry div., Buffalo Soldiers 10th Cav., 54th Mass. Infantry, etc.)

I will admit that in the 50's, we went through some major growing pains with integration. Many highly skilled officers and NCO's were against this so either they got out or were defiant, which means the military had to wait 10-15yrs for them to be phased out.

But by the time the Vietnam started up (17yrs later), literally nobody really cared about blacks or minorities being in the same unit so as long as they meet the standards and performed their duties as expected.

If you compare this to today, it's almost identical with various "Studies" that may or may not be fair saying that Combat units who have integrated women into their units, who have indeed passed the training standards are considered inferior to all male units which honestly is to be expected as the integrated unit of course has a lower percentage of actual experience due to new females bringing down the average versus all male units who have higher percentage of combat experience since we've been at war for the past 10 years.
>>
File: 1456887362490.jpg (137 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1456887362490.jpg
137 KB, 960x960
>>30104854
>(Part 2 of 2)
This would be happen regardless of gender as every military minded person knows a units success is determined by...
>Training (Knowledge/Skills)
>Assets (Weapons)
>Experience (combat and years of training)
If the first two are equal, which they would be in any study US armed forces conducted, then of course the unit with higher percentage of collective experience will perform superior until such time that women acquire years of training and combat experience to restore the average.

Lastly, I'm not saying that women should be perfectly 50% representation in the Armed Forces, that's silly especially since quota systems are dangerous as all hell. We really should disregard percentage representation, even if you look at Armed Forces ethnic demographics, they are still hella skewed compared to US Citizens demographics.
>Ethnic minorities of any kind really aren't Officers
>Blacks make up nearly 30% of the Army despite being ~14% of the US
>Asians don't serve
>Why the hell does the USMC look like a Latin American country's Marine force?

However, women should have a right to serve and try for any role, including combat roles, same as men with equal and fair standards that men must meet for that role, doesn't matter if its 1% or 25% representation. People should be glad that any amount of women volunteer to serve.
>>
I think mandatory military service should also apply to women.

t. Estonian
>>
>>30104854
Redoing an old thread. What a lack of OC we have.

Enjoy 300 replies and raping the board with your bullshit.
>>
the issue isn't that they are women, its that we lowered the standards to let them in.

Thats like if we made it so if you were black you have to run a faster mile than any other, and if you were mexican, you'd have to fit twice as many of you into an APC.
If you want us to all be equal, let the tests be equal. if you let those into the group with less than the standard minimum, then you endanger the group.
>>
>>30104923
if you didn't lower the standards then you wouldn't get enough women for the discussion to matter

any military position that goes outside the wire doesn't make sense for women. they can't carry as much or march as long due to hip structure, they are more susceptible to TBI due frail skulls/brains, and they cause trouble in a unit that no racial conflict is capable of. the last one might not be the fault of women, but it's the reality here and now

the difference in combat ability between a nigger and a whitey is tiny compared to the difference between a man and a woman

this is being pushed to deal with "equality" cognitive dissonance, not for the betterment of the military. if people would accept that nobody is equal to anyone else, then we wouldn't be having this problem
>>
>>30104877
Agreed

>>30104892
Lol, get lost virgin you know I'm right

>>30104923
The US hasn't lowerd standards for combat arms

>>30105052
>if they didn't lower standards

So, like it is now?
>>
>>30104873
>every military minded person knows a units success is determined by...
>>Training (Knowledge/Skills)
>>Assets (Weapons)
>>Experience (combat and years of training)

This isn't true in the corporate world why would you assume its true for the military? Its extremely obvious you have never served or been in combat if you think those ware what makes you effective as a fighting force.
>>
>>30104854
>>30104873

I think that a lot of the problems with women in the military are caused by current culture letting women skate. I think we should have a gender neutral military where we have the same disciplinary and fitness standards for everyone.
>>
>>30104873
>asians don't serve.
>when asians are overrepresented to their population in the officer corps and special operations units
Dude stop pulling numbers outta your ass. No one cares about SJW bullshit whining.
>>
>>30104854
The blacks thing I understand, but with women I think it's slightly different. We should just have different combat battalions for women. Non-combat battalions should be both men and women though.
>>
>>30104873
>This would be happen regardless of gender as every military minded person knows a units success is determined by...
>>Training (Knowledge/Skills)
>>Assets (Weapons)
>>Experience (combat and years of training)

Every military minded person knows a unit's success is determined by...
>Logistics
>Logistics
>Logistics
>Training
>Logistics

Every pound of matériel needed to meet female hygiene requirements as per military regs is a pound that isn't food or ammo.
>>
>>30105308
Those women who passed the ranger school? Standards were dropped to help them pass. The women who made it though USCM SOI? Standards were also dropped. What they keep saying after all the women who are failing Infantry Officer School? We need to "change" the standards so it's more "fair". In other words, we need to drop the standards so we can have female infantry officers.

I'm all for women having to sign up for the draft just like men. It's bullshit that I have to promise my life away for the privilege of voting, receiving federal aid, and a myriad of other things while women have it all handed to them for simply being alive. And worse yet, I get to hear stupid fucks every day talk about how shit like this is "fair".

Now get the fuck out of here with your bullshit. A thread died for this.

sage
>>
>>30105529
>I wasn't there but I know what happened

Nice try, they did something that you couldn't and it upsets you
>>
>>30105496
this desu senpai
>>
>>30105496
>tampons are heavy

Lol, virgin spotted, go and pick up the dusty box your mother has in your shared bathroom, its not a big deal, its like shipping extra band aids
>>
>>30105573
Yeah, they passed PT with 30 less pushups and he had to pass with the standard amount.

The only thing they did that he couldn't, is pass with lower standards and be treated equal.
>>
>>30105598
yeah, but we could be shipping extra bandaids instead.
>>
>>30105573
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/apr/19/marine-corps-weighs-lower-standards-for-women-afte/?page=all
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2015/04/10/no-women-pass-marines-infantry-officer-school-by-experiments-end.html

>>30105598
>heavy
No, they take up space. Space that would be better utilized for food and ammo.
>>
>>30105678
>muh unsauced claims

>>30105687
They have enough band aids
>>
>>30105709
>having enough medical supplies
Hello nevaserved
>>
>>30105573
He wasn't there, I wasn't there, but I talked to students who were there and yeah, exceptions were made.
>>
>>30105573
They couldn't be peered at ranger school. If you don't understand why that's a big deal then its not worth explaining.
>>
File: 1420696546969.jpg (38 KB, 367x384) Image search: [Google]
1420696546969.jpg
38 KB, 367x384
>>30104854

>just say fuck it
>let women join how they want
>"Equality!11!!!11"
>fast forward
>liveleak videos begin to surface of female U.S. Infantry getting BTFO, killed, raped, ect.
>"This triggers me! Combat is sexist!"
>added bonus: videos of U.S. female service members committing war crimes pop up
>>
>>30105496
>All those logistics

100% the right answer
>>
>>30105529
>>30105573
had the women who passed ranger come up to the academy and speak.
They had way more special attention and lead up than any man ever had, years of specialized physical training and mentor ship.
>>
>>30104854
>I honestly think women in law enforcement or military roles are in the same exact situation blacks were in before Truman desegregated the Armed Forces via E.O. 9981 in 1948.

You're wrong because blacks have proven themselves are capable combatants since the Civil War. Case in point see Harlem Hellfighters for a WWI example.
>>
>>30107467
To play the devils advocate....
Joan of Arc
Artemisa of Caria
Mary Read
Anne Bonny

There are other examples of women being in command of fighting forces and fighting themselves scattered throughout history.

Op is still an idiot because while women have rarely taken to the battlefield throughout history, black men have taken to the battlefield in every fight in their respective regions just like whites, asians, hispanics, and every other racial or ethnic group.
>>
File: spurdosada.jpg (112 KB, 1060x404) Image search: [Google]
spurdosada.jpg
112 KB, 1060x404
>>30106661
>>
>>30107672
Joan of ark is vastly overrated, she usually just had numerical advantage
>>
At this point, who the fuck cares.
The US military has lost all reason to PC.
I say let them have double standards to let grrrrls lead infantry platoons. The only way to correct these mistakes is the massive disaster of huge casualties due to lack of fitness and magical thinking.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.