[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Britains War Record in WW2 - Nothing to be proud of? Timeline
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Brits-surrender-yet-again.jpg (91 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
Brits-surrender-yet-again.jpg
91 KB, 620x349
Britains War Record in WW2 - Nothing to be proud of?

Timeline

1936-1939 - Utter cowardice and craven subservience to the Nazi's

1939 - Declares War on Germany. Seriously thinks about declaring war on the USSR.

1940 - Defeat in Norway

1940 - Defeat in France

1940 - Bankrupt, out with the begging bowl. US sends a load of broken rifles and shitty destroyers in exchange for all of Britains gold. USA intecepts British bullion ship of Ghana and confiscates entire contents. (See Clive Ponting - 1940 Myth and Reality for more info on this incident).

1940 - Battle of Britain. Highlight of the war, even though no victory was won. On a sidenote, how many of you British people realise that you lost more fighters than Germany lost bombers? Look it up.

1941 - Defeat in Greece and Crete

1942 - Defeat in Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaya. Full retreat in Burma

1942 - Wins only battle of the war, and only then because of American hardware. El Alamein. Loses horrendous casualties through sub-WW1 tactics

1943 - Slowly progresses through Italy using American tanks and New Zealand blood. Begins to bomb Germany using mostly Canadian blood. Defeat in the Greek Islands (Dodecanes Campaign)

1943 - No progress against Japanese in Burma even though big American brothers have now taken over the real fighting in the Pacific theatre.

1944 - 1945 - Reduced to the status of American sidekick. Churchill ignored by Roosevelt.

1945 - Allows Poland, the country it went to war to defend to become a brutalized Soviet vassal.

War ends, so lets sum up Britains war aims shall we

1. To preserve the Empire.....failed.
2. To protect the independence of Poland...failed
3. To prevent German domination of Europe..failed

1946 - 2016 Burger lapdog and/or Aircraft Carrier, depending on your point of view.

Ha Ha. The only thing you have to be proud of is a myth.
>>
Holy fuck you are retarded
>>
>>30101784

I don't understand if this vitriol comes from a place of insecurity about your own country's contribution (no idea who but doesn't hugely matter) or just being so arrogant to assume that you know best.

And in reference to the Battle of Britain - the material losses weren't the reason for a 'victory'. It was that the Luftwaffe was forced to turn from daylight raids on military objectives to night raids on civilian targets of little military value. That and the number of aircrew Germany lost.

I'm pretty sure this is pasta, though.
>>
>>30101784
Was Churchill supposed to declare war on tge USSR? Lol. The USSR all memes aside had quadruple the number of armour and infantry units. They would get shit on by the soviets and the resulting war between the Ruskies and the Burgers would destroy the world and probably result in the USSR owning more of Europe.

>But muh atomic bombs
We literally had two and our production on them was slow as hell so good luck beating the ruskies with the nuclear option.
>>
>>30101954
what does tha thave to do with the brits nearly declaring war on the soviets when they invaded poland?
>>
One of these threads again...
>>
losses for the battle of britain was less catastrophic for the brits overall because most of it and the pilots landed on their own land,which means that they can be recovered
>>
>>30102030
recovered for burial more like
>>
>>30101799
and yet he's not wrong...
>>
>>30101784
>2. To protect the independence of Poland...failed

biggest one really
>>
This is the fourth really weak anti-Brit thread I've seen in the past two days

Take it to /int/ you whiny bitch
>>
THIS IS COPYPASTA

DO NOT RESPOND TO IT
>>
>>30104063
the only really weak thing about this thread is the UK, mate
>>
>>30101954
>Was Churchill supposed to declare war on tge USSR
>The person helping globalist jews was supposed to attack other globalist jews
Don't make me laugh
>>
The fall of Singapore is a shame on Britain so great that it's laughable. The British had more troops, a defensible position, and time to prepare. Yet when the Japanese came knocking the Brits just up and surrendered, resulting in the loss of one of the most important cities in Asia. We'll never knew how much time and blood the war might've been saved if the British actually put up a fight.

And they're still happy to make fun of the French.
>>
>>30104104
Different guy but I'm guessing your the same /pol/fucker who likes to bunch all of the allies under the term Bolshevik?
>>30104063
Just sage and report.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.