[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unpopular opinions thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 13
File: 1454553614916.jpg (235 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
1454553614916.jpg
235 KB, 960x640
>Unpopular opinions about Women in LE/Military
>(Part 1 of 2)
I honestly think women in law enforcement or military roles are in the same exact situation blacks were in before Truman desegregated the Armed Forces via E.O. 9981 in 1948.

In WW2 and even before, we used blacks and minorities mostly in supply/logistics, and combat arms support roles.
>The military establishment supported this via bullshit studies saying black were colorblind at night, or that they were more susceptible to fear so they wouldn't be able to hold bearing during combat, etc.
>However, we all know that this^ was bullshit, especially since limited front line units that saw action during WW2 and wars before performed similarly to the whites (Tuskegee airmen, 92nd infantry div., Buffalo Soldiers 10th Cav., 54th Mass. Infantry, etc.)

I will admit that in the 50's, we went through some major growing pains with integration. Many highly skilled officers and NCO's were against this so either they got out or were defiant, which means the military had to wait 10-15yrs for them to be phased out.

But by the time the Vietnam started up (17yrs later), literally nobody really cared about blacks or minorities being in the same unit so as long as they meet the standards and performed their duties as expected.

If you compare this to today, it's almost identical with various "Studies" that may or may not be fair saying that Combat units who have integrated women into their units, who have indeed passed the training standards are considered inferior to all male units which honestly is to be expected as the integrated unit of course has a lower percentage of actual experience due to new females bringing down the average versus all male units who have higher percentage of combat experience since we've been at war for the past 10 years.
>>
>>30075070
>(Part 2 of 2)
This would be happen regardless of gender as every military minded person knows a units success is determined by...
>Training (Knowledge/Skills)
>Assets (Weapons)
>Experience (combat and years of training)
If the first two are equal, which they would be in any study US armed forces conducted, then of course the unit with higher percentage of collective experience will perform superior until such time that women acquire years of training and combat experience to restore the average.

Lastly, I'm not saying that women should be perfectly 50% representation in the Armed Forces, that's silly especially since quota systems are dangerous as all hell. We really should disregard percentage representation, even if you look at Armed Forces ethnic demographics, they are still hella skewed compared to US Citizens demographics.
>Ethnic minorities of any kind really aren't Officers
>Blacks make up nearly 30% of the Army despite being ~14% of the US
>Asians don't serve
>Why the hell does the USMC look like a Latin American country's Marine force?

However, women should have a right to serve and try for any role, including combat roles, same as men with equal and fair standards that men must meet for that role, doesn't matter if its 1% or 25% representation. People should be glad that any amount of women volunteer to serve.
>>
File: muh dick.webm (774 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
muh dick.webm
774 KB, 640x640
Trap and skeet shooting are fun hobbies. Not sure if unpopular but I never see anyone here talk about it.
>>
File: 1464152729844.png (234 KB, 499x484) Image search: [Google]
1464152729844.png
234 KB, 499x484
I sometimes wonder how better off i would do if i wasent intimidated by NCOs and Officers so much.

Its just so hard to ignore the subtle legal power they have over you.

I wish i was in an Army full of close friends and family, where no man can hide behind the authority the state grants him and every man actually expresses himself to the best of his own ability.
>>
File: 1447870276106.jpg (3 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
1447870276106.jpg
3 MB, 2560x1600
I don't have a problem with women trying out for combat/operator roles, I just hate how the Army scales the PT requirments for women.

In my entire time in the military I never once met a female that was legitimately strong enough to pick up a dead/unresponsive soldier in full combat kit from the ground and buddy carry them.

Only way they ever could was if the supposedly unresponsive guy helped out a little bit getting off the ground and even then it was a struggle that lasted all of 10 yards.

It's kind of a joke though, because the average physical fitness level (male and female) in the army is fucking abysmal when you actually look at it.

Men 18-23? have to do like 42-43 pushups iirc, that's such a fucking joke and yet you have grown ass men who legitimately cannot even do 30-35 pushups without stopping.

Don't even get me started on cardio. Division runs (101st anyway) are usually at like what an 8:30-9:30 mile pace (usually slower desu) and you still have shitloads of people falling out within the first mile.

With the exception of the more operator units, the tennis team at my high school was in better shape than 70% of the US Army is today.
>>
>>30075110
I think they're more /asp/ than /k/ once you decide on the gun and ammunition. They also use O/U shotguns which are all basically the same until you get into stupidly expensive boutique models.
>>30075096
>>Why the hell does the USMC look like a Latin American country's Marine force?
The muhreens deploy recruiters to poor minority neighborhoods more than they do to white ones.
>>
>>30075110

Peace time /k/ is mostly betas that want to join the military but are afraid to so they make fun of those that do.

Funny they only want to talk about military weapons and anyone that wants to talk about non-military weapons is a Fudd.

This is life on the internet. Even the firearms boards are mostly full of sexually confused, low test, basement dwelling, man children.

It is the rare treat when an actual informational or good firearm thread breaks out.
>>
>>30075070
It's a matter of culture, /k/omrade.
America cares too much about soldiers, and this is amplified 10x if the soldier in question is a female.
We simply aren't, and I think won't be, accustomed to women on the frontlines. We aren't alone in this, however, I would say it's a common trend for a majority of Western countries.
The only counter example I can think of is Russia, and that's because they've had women serve in their military (typically in the rear, but regardless) since the invasion of the teutonic knights.
>>
File: 1412553054152.png (553 KB, 777x555) Image search: [Google]
1412553054152.png
553 KB, 777x555
>>30076138
>>30075096
>tfw thinking of joining the marines as an officer
>spic
>5'7"
born too late to fight in trashcanistan
>>
>>30075070
You're a fucking idiot. Either you are arguing for the debasement of standards just to let women fit in or you think race and sex are the same thing
>>
>>30075070
>However, we all know that this^ was bullshit, especially since limited front line units that saw action during WW2 and wars before performed similarly to the whites

No, integration of the military was more because Truman was a nigger lover and because segregated black units performed TERRIBLE, would often rout in combat.

>But by the time the Vietnam started up (17yrs later), literally nobody really cared about blacks or minorities being in the same unit
This of course is nonsense, the blacks were a fucking disaster, murdering/raping/robbing/generally being big problems, just as they are today...

But since we're in a progressive era we mostly just ignore that shit
>>
>>30076138
>minority
Lets not use this meaningless word huh?

Also the marines are by far the whitest branch of the military
The navy is apparently shitskin central now
>>
>>30075070
Speaking as an American:

>The A-10 should be retired. Anything it does can be done more effectively by a drone.

>Women basically shouldn't be allowed in the military.

>The promotion system for senior officers selects for risk aversion and promotes moral cowardice while almost completely ignoring either demonstrated or theoretical mastery of actual military skills.

>There's more and better tactical knowledge in a decent paintball team than in a typical infantry company.

>Recent legal restrictions on command authority cost the military fucktons of money and undermine discipline while not actually protecting anybody's "rights".

>Too many things are classified out of sheer habit that shouldn't be.

>The Abrams series are good tanks and their only serious flaw is excessive fuel consumption while idling.

>The Army literally doesn't know how to conduct long foot movements.

>The 1911 is obsolete

>3-round burst on the M16/M4 is retarded (this is being fixed, finally).

>There is no reason to practice close order drill. Napoleonic armies didn't drill forming shield walls, we shouldn't be drilling firing lines.

>DFACs should be replaced by common unit cooking areas (ships still need galleys).

>The F-35 is a good plane and better than the F-16 it is replacing.

>The DoD can't win wars
>>
>>30075070
>especially since limited front line units that saw action during WW2 and wars before performed similarly to the whites
No they didn't, you just get cherrypicked examples. The 9th and 10th Cavalry were decent units but nothing particularly special, and you've heard all about the 92nd Infantry but not e.g. the 2nd Cavalry Division because the former had a defensible combat record and the second was a complete disaster.
>>
>>30075110
Definitely fun. But what >>30076138 said.

Although I use a BPS.
>>
The only thing you need to know about females in the military.
>>
>>30076601
>Lets not use this meaningless word huh?
Fine, spics and niggers.
>>
>>30076819
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri8BOynRGnc
threw like obongo
>>
>>30076634
>>The promotion system for senior officers selects for risk aversion and promotes moral cowardice while almost completely ignoring either demonstrated or theoretical mastery of actual military skills.

Actual soldiering takes the backseat in times of peace and honestly isn't that big of a deal even during times of war. Your ability as a warrior isn't taken into consideration in comparison to how much ass you can kiss but then again is this different anywhere else? I guess not.

Go SOF if you want your ability to be recognized.
>>
The 1911 is the apex of handgun technology; everything developed since is conceptually superfluous and functionally inferior. One day the free market will finally realize the futility of design competition in this sector as the product has long since been perfected and all non 1911 pistols will be ceremonially buried in a landfill and all firearm manufacturers will only make fullsize 1911s in single stack .45 with no under-rail. What few other pistols that are not buried will be used in third world countries as paperweights and door stops, and to prop up tables where one leg is shorter than the others.
>>
File: 1459369495986.jpg (72 KB, 800x605) Image search: [Google]
1459369495986.jpg
72 KB, 800x605
Watching World War ll movies and seeing the respectable White American man overcome his enemies with his brothers in their foxholes. Now the military is a welfare program full of niggers and women.
>>
>>30075070
>>30075096
Minus the /pol/ memes, minorities are not inherently inferior. And early minority units performed pretty bad, it took a while for them to really compete with the whites. That's not to say there weren't exceptions. You can argue it was cos muh racist bias against blacks, I would just say it was black culture, same reason they commit 50 whatever percent of all violent crimes.

In the case of women 40-50% less upper body, 20-30% less lower body. Ignoring that women have different brains compares to men, look at the iq bell curve.

The best way to put it is, through almost all of human history, men did the heavy lifting and fought the wars there's obviously a reason why cultures different in every other way, still usually had men heavy lifting.

>unpopular opinions
/k/ threads on /mlp/ are better than /k/.
>>
>>30075070
You're an uninformed faggot. Show me a link where women are held to the same standards at the men in the US military? Oh thats right there isn't one because females have failed every infantry integration attempt.
>>
File: image.jpg (157 KB, 580x735) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157 KB, 580x735
>>30076542

I want /pol/ to leave /k/.
>>
>>30076634
>more and better tactical knowledge in a decent paintball team than in a typical infantry company
"Tactical knowledge" that doesn't translate to real world skills, certainly.
Football players have a lot of tactical knowledge.
Doesn't mean they'll win a gunfight.
>>
File: tumblr_me54sg4V1s1r72t4go1_500.jpg (85 KB, 457x666) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_me54sg4V1s1r72t4go1_500.jpg
85 KB, 457x666
>>30078132
The only people who should make decisions about women joining combat roles are the people who are already in combat roles. Letting some politician make rules should makes no sense to anyone with common sense.
>>
>>30075070
I think .32 auto is a fine pistol calibre.
>>
>>30075070

>In WW2 and even before, we used blacks and minorities mostly in supply/logistics, and combat arms support roles.

they why are all of the support companies still packed with blacks when they can join combat arms?
>>
>>30078149
me 2

> i want to have an honest and indepth conversation about gun control law and the unintended consequences any might result in, with out resorting to SHER NERT BER INFREENGED
>>
>>30076634

>>The A-10 should be retired. Anything it does can be done more effectively by a drone.

Cancer opinion.
>>
>>30075070
>>30075096
Some women will be alright, most won't. I met some legitimately badass women when I was in the Army, but they had drive and strength. This isn't like desegregation. The minorities that wanted to be in truly wanted it, and were also physically capable. The overwhelming majority of women simply won't be able to keep up with the demands.
>>
>>30078986
Seems more like cultural differences effecting personal choice rather than being unable to do the job.
>>
>>30075096
>hurr given enough time to train up the women
Too bad you'll never have a female NCO as experienced as even a junior male NCO.
>why though?
Maternity leave. Shamming/shitbagging harder than males and getting away with it. Mommy duty. Single parenthood (something that under current regulations only women can do and still serve. Single dad? Buhbye!). Injuries that are more frequent and more severe than males. Unfair favorable promotions due to inappropriate/illegal sexual conduct.
>>
>>30076138
>they are all the same until you get into the stupidly expensive boutique models
I'm sorry you're so poor all you can afford is a Russian or Turkish investment-cast O/U. Because literally everything over ~$700 (only /k/ considers that "stupidly expensive") is unique unto itself.
>>
File: 1461857439375.jpg (32 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1461857439375.jpg
32 KB, 500x500
>/k/ is actually a really shitty place to talk about shooting as a skill and guns in general
>/k/'s humor as of the last few years has been incredibly unfunny and cringeworthy as fuck
>/meg/ is pretty much the equivalent to normies wanting to be seals to be kool but for rangers
>the vss and dragunov can suck a fat one
>the legion is worth the money even without the branding to someone who likes sigs
>>
>>30078986
so they can steal shit.
>>
>>30078149
>stop having different opinions!!!
Get fucked libshit
>>
>OV-10 Bronco is a better low intensity CAS and utility aircraft than the super tacano and A10.

>We should be licensing Pumas for our next IFV.

>The F35 can't perform CAS as desired, the A10 can't survive CAS as currently performed.
>>
>>30078088
The thing that blows my mind about the performance of women isn't necessarily their physical strength but how quickly the get tired and how badly they tolerate heat, cold, being soaking wet etc.

I spent most of my time in the Navy as a submarine sailor and didn't work with females until I was medically disqualified and ended up working with surface sailors. Except for a few really exceptional individuals you really couldn't rely on females to do anything remotely strenuous for an extended period of time, particularly if it was hot.

The exceptions were pretty great though, like a Gunners mate with perfect fingernails who would hump an M2 around no problem and a skinny black lesbian who could apparently accomplish literally anything.
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 320x230) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 320x230
>>30076634
>the 1911 is obsolete
>>
>>30077250
He's not talking about being able to shoot, he's talking about things like generalship and thinking tactically
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 500x499
>>30075070
>tfw see female state trooper get out of car and approach shitty car she pulled today
>tfw I look in the rear view and slow down to make sure she doesn't get ventilated right away
>tfw I don't do this for male cops cause I think they'd be fine.
>>
This thread got 2 many words init
>>
>>30081940
Again, muh biology.

Women, actually lose less heat in the cold because women have a lot more fat in thier bodies. However they feel colder because the fat is mostly around the abdomen, so thier fingers are colder. Men are good at gaining heat because muscle mitochondria activates atp production and only 40% of energy is used to make atp the rest is heat, men have more muscle so more mitochondria = more atp so more heat.

And men are better at cooling off than women, I don't know the reason for this. http://www.livescience.com/8725-women-sweat-effectively-men.html

It's as simple as biology that the females are not as good at strenuous labor than men.
>>
>>30076143

The salt is real
>>
>>30081940
did you like being in a sub? what about the officers? did you like them?
>>
>>30075070
Bullpups group fine
>>
>>30075070
>I honestly think women in law enforcement or military roles are in the same exact situation blacks were in before Truman desegregated the Armed Forces via E.O. 9981 in 1948.
Well you're wrong.
>>
>>30075070
>>
File: fag.png (449 KB, 1000x721) Image search: [Google]
fag.png
449 KB, 1000x721
>>30079822
>Believing that only genes make a person
>Any dissenting opinions are automatically wrong
Can you just neck yourselves?
>>
>I think .45 is the best pistol round on the face of the Earth.
While were on the subject of Earth, and since the Monguliods are connecting to the Internet.
>Flat Earth is not real and is incredibly retarded.
>>
>>30079386
>only /k/ considers that "stupidly expensive"
A lot of rich people I know actually do, because they don't have guns.
>>
>>30076450
Born just in time to remove angry blm protestors when trump wins?
>>
>>30088305
>not knowing genes are most of what makes a person
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.