[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rapid Fire?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
When I try to shoot quick, I still get a grouping but it's 6" low at 21'.
Trying not to jerk trigger, anticipate recoil or look over sights.
Any advice?
>>
>>30028279
Bump
>>
>>30028279
>When I try to shoot quick, I still get a grouping but it's 6" low at 21'.
>Any advice?

Yes keep practicing.
But more importantly, SLOW DOWN. You're trying to dash before you can run.

Source: Combat instructor
>>
>>30029594
>But more importantly, SLOW DOWN. You're trying to dash before you can run.
Just standing and aiming, I shoot at a level that I am very proud of. Standing, aiming at 75 feet I can get about a 5" group. It's not Miculek territory or anything but I'm checking off that competency as acquired.
There is no place handy to practice moving and shooting or shooting from different positions. That leaves shooting wrong handed and shooting quickly. I want to get shooting quickly under my belt next.

So, at 21', I can put the vast majority of shots into a 1" group. When I try to rapid fire, controlled rapid but still very quick that is, I get about a 4 or 5" grouping but it's 6" low. This is an improvement as I used to walk the bullets down further and further until I ran out of ammo. That was probably from recoil anticipation. This error, I'm guessing is from jerking the trigger but I don't know how not to while shooting that fast?
>>
>>30029594

This

As my drums teacher (Who has been teaching for 30 years) says: the most important part of doing something quickly is being able to do it slowly.

If you can't do it slowly, with fluidity, ease and accuracy then you will never be able to do it quickly and hope to retain those aspects.
>>
>>30029594
>>30029701
Thanks guys but why do you assume I can't shoot slowly?
I mean the advice is appreciated but that's kind of dickish.
>>
>>30029710

If you could shoot slowly with perfect technique, then I doubt this thread would exist
>>
>>30029715
Nobodies perfect.
Tell you what, I don't have any of my targets where I'm trying to shoot quickly. Maybe today, I'll go to the range and shoot 3 targets
>standing aimed
>semi-rapid
>less semi-rapid
Then I'll combine them in an mspaint image and remake the thread.
>>
>>30029676
>I'm guessing is from jerking the trigger but I don't know how not to while shooting that fast

This is a metaphor: You're trying to dash before you can run.

What the metaphor means is that you are trying to shoot faster than you can actually shoot. It's a lose/lose.

All you need to do is get a perfect sight picture between each shot and use the same trigger pull every time.

What you are doing is either
A. Not getting a perfect sight picture
or
B. Not using the same trigger pull every time.

I know it's B. You know it's B. So since you don't need to get a better sight picture between each shot, you need to use the same trigger pull between each shot. So slow down a tiny bit and practice that. When you get better, you will NATURALLY SPEED UP.
(Also here's a universal tip that will also help: Never worry about whether you are jerking the trigger or not. Fuck that. Just focus on a perfect trigger pull every time. Doesn't matter whether you are jerking or not, perfect trigger pull is all that matters.)
>>
>>30029717

Stop being a fag

Your technique is not sufficient for accurate shooting at the pace you want.

So go slower, be disciplined and be patient. Just try to maintain the fluidity and ease.
>>
>>30029719
You're probably right but I don't think I can afford the ammo to learn like that. You're literally saying to expel ammo at a faster and faster rate (starting slowly) until I just get it.
I can't afford that and frankly if I use my gun for self defense, it'll probably be a 3 or 4 succession of shots, at least that's how I see it in my head, and I want them all on target, now.

I see you're point though, thanks.
>>
>>30029710
don't be defensive. they mean "rapid fire but just a little slower than you are currently doing it"

this is rapid fire
BANGBANGBANGBANGBANG

this is slow fire
BANG...............BANG...............BANG...............BANG

when they say "shoot slower" they mean you need to get perfect at
BANG.BANG.BANG.BANG.BANG

If your shots are still placing low, then go to
BANG..BANG..BANG..BANG..BANG
so you can REALLY focus on getting a faster, perfect trigger pull between those rapid fire shots.

When you get a faster, but perfect trigger pull then try
BANG.BANG.BANG.BANG

when your trigger pull gets perfect at that do
BANGBANGBANGBANGBANG

I hope this helps
>>
>>30029725
>>30029737
Thank you for the feedback.
>>
>>30029733
ok friend here's what I do then, when I go into the range with just 1 or 2 boxes and want to speed up my rapid fire

Now read this slowly and carefully, and pretend that you're shooting while you read it. Imagine what your trigger finger is doing. Imagine what the gun is doing. Imagine seeing the target again and aiming again, then releasing and pulling your trigger finger. Just imagine what you are reading:
1. Align sights on target. Pull trigger back. Gun fires and recoils, DO NOT RELEASE TRIGGER, FUCKER.
2. Put sights back on target. Release trigger. Pull trigger back. Gun fires and recoils, DO NOT RELEASE TRIGGER, FUCKER.

Then do it again.
1. Align sights on target. Pull trigger back. Gun fires and recoils, DO NOT RELEASE TRIGGER, FUCKER.
2. Put sights back on target. Release trigger. Pull trigger back. Gun fires and recoils, DO NOT RELEASE TRIGGER, FUCKER.

Just keep trying it with only 2 shots each time.
Should go like this:

*BANG* sights back on target *BANG*

*BANG* sights back on target *BANG*

And just slowly speed it up. You only need 100rds to immediately get WAY better at it. Keep speeding it up as fast as you can and play with how fast you are seeing the sights align on target again. And bonus, you are training to do a perfect double tap. That is how you do a double tap. Simple. You don't even have to agree with me, just try it a few times the next time you go shooting.
>>
>>30029773
Okay, I will do.
I had been doing, shoot, release trigger, align sights, shoot, release trigger... etc.

I will do shoot, re-align sights, release trigger.. etc instead.

Hopefully that proves to have been a really good tip, thanks again.
>>
File: DSC_0914.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0914.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
>>30029773
>>30029782
Dude,sir, you're like the best instructor ever, semi rapid groups at 21'
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.