[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
re-watching some Deadliest Warrior episodes for shits n cringes.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: FAMAS.jpg (109 KB, 1098x632) Image search: [Google]
FAMAS.jpg
109 KB, 1098x632
re-watching some Deadliest Warrior episodes for shits n cringes.

Do people really believe this? Why are people so willfully dumb?
>>
>>30000715
Because normies are too busy with work, hanging out with friends, and drinking to fact check everything they hear.
>>
File: patton.jpg (56 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
patton.jpg
56 KB, 700x525
>>30000715

They've clearly never heard this quote.
>>
>>30000715
>let's test two "similar" weapons with entirely different tests!
>katana versus longsword
>katana sliced through ballistic gel
>OMFG, IT IS SUPER EFFECTIVE, NIPPON STEAL IS THE BEST
>longsword is tested against a reinforced concrete wall
>longsword shatters
>lel, longsword is obviously inferior to katana, look at our science

I mean I'm obviously being intentionally facetious, but the "testing" of weapons always bothered me. Use the same fucking test you chucklefucks. If you're going to swing a dead pig at the guy testing Warrior A's primary weapon, then do the same thing with Warrior B's primary weapon.
>>
>>30000808

That was my complaint from day one lo
>>
>>30000808
I think its a rediculous concept to begin with.

>tests two semi automatic pistols utilizing 1 operator
>nearly identical results
>computer credits side A with 600 more pistol kills.

Yup.
>>
My buddy nick wa on the foreign legion episode. He was so excited to go film it and returned so bummed out.
>>
>>30000898
The whole "computer simulation" thing smells to me.

"Welp, this sword crushes the person's skull if you swing it hard enough, while this one also crushes the person's skull. With no more information than this, let's find out what would definitely happen if people fought with them!"
>>
>>30000747
Do they not own a phone? or a computer? i mean it's not like looking this shit up takes that much time.
>>
So I'm just about done with the Viking Samurai episode.

They compared the following weapons:
>Katana v Great Axe
>Naginata v Long Sword
>Yumi Bow v Spear
>Kanabo v Shield

Why the FUCK wouldn't you compare long sword to katana, spear to naginata, shield and yumi and great axe to kanao???
>>
>>30001160

This. Plus they only tested the spear as a throwing weapon....
>>
>>30000789
>71 years ago
>>
>>30000715
>the katana represents, perhaps, the greatest weapon that I personally own

FTFY
>>
>Not realizing Deadliest Warrior was created with the sole intention of triggering us

It's a conspiracy I tells ya!
>>
>>30001113
CS-fag here.

That computer simulation is bunk.

If it really worked that well, it would be next level shit that we used to fold proteins and cure cancer.
>>
>>30001160

the first couple seasons just went complete pants on head retarded with some shit, and i cannot tell if it was on purpose to generate ratings, or cause they honestly didn't fucking know any better.

and like half the "experts" were completely fucking random dudes. the japanese guy in OP for example, was a radio host on CBC radio in canada, and now writes for huffpost, and the william wallace expert that wasn't anthony de longis is a fucking stand up comedian.
>>
>>30000898
>Makarov beats M9
>700 beats PSG-1
>Al Capone gets one firearm so they can lose to fucking Jesse James who doesn't know what an autoloader is

They are trying to be retarded.
>>
>>30001600
the only time you see the screen of the laptop that the guy uses, you see an open excel sheet with a few numbers.
>>
>>30001113

its basically plugging damage and defense numbers into an RPG game.

for the squad based ones like, you could do the same fucking thing by plugging those numbers into a 5 vs 5 game of counterstrike and seeing how many times each teams win and who gets what kills.
>>
The show is just dungeons and dragons on excel.
>>
>>30000715
they're just living in denial because they got their asses nuked into submission some 70 years ago

kind of like how single men in their 40s lease expensive sports cars to make them feel better about having taken the wrong path in life
>>
>>30001679
>burgers still brag about killing over 100k civilians 70 years ago
>>
File: 1458878322027.png (852 KB, 800x573) Image search: [Google]
1458878322027.png
852 KB, 800x573
>>30001699
I can't think of any good bants right now, so have this picture
>>
File: vlcsnap-1448608.png (175 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-1448608.png
175 KB, 624x352
>>30000715
I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this.

The first two seasons are decent for getting drunk to and screaming at the TV.

The banter, though. TOP TIER BANTZ ARE ALWAYS HAD.

The best banter takes place during the Musketeer vs. Ming dynasty warrior episode. It ends with the dude with the heavy French accent saying:

>I like the Ming warrior, but he should go back to China and build a wall.

The last season where Geiger left was atrocious, though.

>>30000808
>>30000898
Absolutely spot on. All the tests are horridly unscientific. Also, the weapons they do choose don't always make sense, e.g. pic related, the Waffen SS using an MP41, which was strictly a second line weapon in limited use.

I only rewatch the show when I want to feel very angry.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-04-18-00h57m35s170.png (323 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-04-18-00h57m35s170.png
323 KB, 624x352
>>30001757
Forgot to mention that a professor from a college I used to go to was on the show.
>>
File: 01 - 7wi9ha3.jpg (113 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
01 - 7wi9ha3.jpg
113 KB, 1920x1080
>>30000789
>>
>>30001160
My favorite part was after they showed a seven foot tall swede throw a spear through the six inches of wood, they say that a 4foot 10 nips wooden armor would totes save him
>>
>>30003279
the euroweeb vs weaboo cringefest needs to die
>>
>>30001783
One of the managers at my job had a spot as an extra on there, as one of the Waffen-SS troopers. Thought it was funny as hell.
>>
>>30001113
I saw a similar TV show where they did lion vs tiger and decided the lion would win based on a single run of a computer simulation.

ALTERNATIVELY we can look at historical records of underground fighting rings in Victorian London, or records of the Colosseum in Roman times, that would have them square off -- and we'd find that the tiger was the typical winner.

>but no let's use the shitty computer sim
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.