[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Elona Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
File: 1401127879309.jpg (489 KB, 840x525) Image search: [Google]
1401127879309.jpg
489 KB, 840x525
Elona+ 1.57: http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:21906

Elona+ Custom 1.57.1: http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:17104

New Player Guide/FAQ: http://pastebin.com/Zcavai8x

Mods: http://pastebin.com/vZ8Hfw6C
>>
Before the last thread sunk someone asked a question about Magic Eye. Magic Eye is a special action gotten through the respective feat that damages an enemies MP. The Magic Eye feat also leads into the feat Eye of Illusion which is a special action that causes mind damage. Both feats have situational uses. For instance, Magic Eye may be useful against enemies with lots of HP but low MP as you can drain their MP into the negatives faster causing them damage. Also good against monsters that cast a lot. Eye of Illusion is good against monsters lacking mind resist. Aside from those situations, it's hard to leverage using those special actions seeing as how those special actions consume quite a bit of stamina for the damage they actually do. This hurts their actual usefulness imo.
>>
>>15144755
Thanks anon!
>>
>>15144755
I thought I was imagining things because the thread picture clearly changed when I saw it on the catalog last time...

What happened to the other thread? I didn't enter the thread.
>>
>>15144767
off-topic /mu/ posting and retaliatory shitposting
>>
File: 1403497525744.jpg (50 KB, 624x390) Image search: [Google]
1403497525744.jpg
50 KB, 624x390
>>15144741
Should of added this to OP, but feel free to share pics of your character sheets and pets. I want to see them and some others may also. Got a character/pet concept or background you want help building? Share it with us. Got an awesome house or shop you've been building? Post pics. Some of us might use it as inspiration for our own creations. Of course, questions about anything Elona related is always welcome.
>>
I might take magic eye for roleplaying purposes. Is 5 sp that high?
>>
>>15144860
It can be. Some enemies have a lot of MP so 5sp an attack can add up quick. I wouldn't worry about it too much though. If you want to take it, feel free to. You can get all the feats in Elona eventually through level ups and later wishing for miromi. Just certain feats are probably more useful than others but nobody should feel like they ever screwed up their character.
>>
>>15144892
Better than it used to be, they buffed natural sp regen recently!
>>
>>15144860
Me.
You.
Outside.
Tonight.
>>
>>15145120
You kidding?
>>
>>15145123
If I took you outside on the full moon, would you die?
>>
>>15145127
I have no idea what you're talking about anon!
It would be a shame if something happened to you
>>
>>15145140
I'm just asking. Would it hurt?
>>
>>15145161
Only if you want it to hurt bby

Also wow, this new captcha is hitler.
>>
>>15145174
>spoiler

I see. Maybe you could come over to my place tomorrow? I need some help putting up the wife's boyfriend's new roof and it seemed like you could help, you're a big guy after all.
>>
File: shizu2.jpg (4 KB, 48x48) Image search: [Google]
shizu2.jpg
4 KB, 48x48
First time making a sprite. It was really fun. Took me a whole day to make it look passable though.
>>
>>15145487
Looks good, What program did you use?
>>
[Changes and additions]
* Added 2 new artifacts.
* Added an item for changing height, and another for weight.
* Artifact staves will no longer gain random magic-type enchants.
* Stones (including Vanilla Rock) now have an enchant that increase Throwing skill. Behold, the true power of rock throwing.
* Shopkeepers in your shop will gain a large amount of potential of their Negotiation skill and Charisma attribute. Reinstated 1/32 chance of cancelling a sale for specialized shops on second thought.
* Failing a certain sub quest the first time will allow you to receive the reward the second time you complete it. If you already have the artifact, it will still be rewarded the during the first completion of the quest after upgrading to this version.

[Fixes]
* Fixed some descriptions.
* Fixed being able to show your cards even without a deck in a sub quest.
* Fixed crash resulting from using eye-type gauge attack. (This is not the same fix as the previous version.)

[In progress]
* 3 new high-level NPCs for each of the Elea and Zanan races.
>>
>>15146097
Wait 1.5.8 is on the way already?
>>
>>15146097
Man throwing has been getting pretty nice upgrades, but I wish we could equip more items into the throwing slot...like throwing 300s safes at people.
>>
File: 1437524059212.png (2 MB, 1219x2508) Image search: [Google]
1437524059212.png
2 MB, 1219x2508
>>15146047
I used GIMP. Shading the hair and getting the camo right was the hardest part.
>>
File: 1444440903732.png (415 KB, 661x600) Image search: [Google]
1444440903732.png
415 KB, 661x600
English never.
>>
>>15146972
? A lot of Elona has already been translated now with Elona Custom out. Even more will be translated in the future.
>>
File: pcc_body_2.png (5 KB, 128x192) Image search: [Google]
pcc_body_2.png
5 KB, 128x192
I found this custom pcc body here

It looks really nice, but it's taller than the normal body so the face and hair are lower, leaving half the head poking up, any way to fix this other than just editing it myself? Also how would armor and such line up with it, or would I have to change the limbs to match those too?
>>
>>15145487
>jpg
no anon, no, that's not how you sprite.
>>
I wish we got a special action to throw potions like NPCs do, would be fun.
>>
>>15147130
4chan doesn't let me post bmps so I posted it in jpg format. Pasting the jpg version in the character bmp doesn't seem to show any difference with using the bmp version. Just remember to uncheck the "Do no not write color space information" when exporting with GIMP.

Also, I just recently uploaded the sprite in http://www.elonaup.x0.com/sozai/index.htm the number is 8180. I don't know why but it's MIME type is different from the other bmps.
>>
>>15147220
What? Can't you already throw potions with the Throw command?
>>
>>15147229
You mostly want png on sprites if it's not something strange like bmp for usability reasons like elona.
Jpg is the worst and tends to create artifacts! Just a heads up.
>>
>>15147250
You can, but it's not the same as having a skill that throws a random potion for some SP, you have to carry mountains of potions and manually pick one each time, slightly grating even if a bit fun.
>>
>>15147251
>Jpg is the worst and tends to create artifacts!

Oh, I didn't know that. I thought saving bmps to jpg would always make an image that looks identical to each other. Thanks for the advice!
>>
Are there any slave trader pets that use melee, magic and ranged attacks like the nurse? But something more offensive. I feel kind of hard pressed to find a better pet early, and with the tweak to have them heal allies they feel quite op.
>>
>>15147266
Is having a pet with three modes of attack good? I understand a player wanting to have options but a pet? Wouldn't it be a nightmare to actually tweak an AI to do all three well? Also, that's a lot of skills to raise for a pet. Might fall behind a pet that specializes in just one mode of attack. I could be wrong that's why I'm asking you or anyone else that would know better.
>>
>>15147341
It's generally not a problem using the default AI, on a test build I had a Chaos Stormcloud Dragon with chaos ball/healing rain. It mixes up chaos ball and its standard ranged attacks pretty well, and healing rain works very well in conjunction with what I can cast on my own, since with a large party my own healing rain doesn't always cover the full party.

With the AI system as it is I haven't been able to evenly distribute skills, so generally the Dragon in question has leaned towards chaos ball more often, since healing rain trips off at low health, but between chaos ball and its normal ranged/melee attacks it functions pretty well.

It doesn't end up training Tactics quickly at all, but its control magic and magic related skills are pretty good. In the end even if you try to split three modes of attack, you'll generally find that they'll go with 1/2 in the default AI, and depending on how you script the custom AI, still 1/2 depending on the situation.

The Defender that I had was a bit similar to this in ways - she went from a single melee attacker to melee/crystal spear, and then melee/crystal spear/side buffer, and she functions pretty well, but generally the battle conditions means she uses crystal spear a lot, melee somewhat, and buffs only every so often.

The custom AI I've found is helpful in limiting conditions, like when I tested the Marionette Shaman, who under normal AI conditions will try to spam Eye of Brainwashing to no end, but with Custom AI I can actually get her to use Variable Storm. Generally I leave custom AI off for pets that can handle their skills well enough without it (like the chaos dragon I mentioned above)

If you are using custom AI with pets that have a wide field of options though, remember to script in terms of priority and organize it well in terms of least likely/most likely situations.
>>
>>15147367
The reason I asked for pets that do all 3 is because I want something like that to fit a theme that I want for my party!
Custom AI feels like cheating to me so I'd rather not rely on that or pet skill teaching.
>>
>>15147382
At the very least a pet that does melee and magic instead of running away would be good!
I enjoyed the black cat but I'm not following ehekatl on this char and I don't like god juggling for rewards honestly.
>>
How do you give your pets spells and abilities? Nothing shows up when I click on these options.
>>
>>15147367
Nice. Thanks for the info and examples.
>>
>>15147392
You need to have Elona Custom first of all. Then you need to teach them the spell or ability. That takes time for them to learn and I think you need to tweak the AI to start using said spell or ability. More information should be found somewhere on the Elona wiki concerning Elona Custom and how teaching works.
>>
>>15147404
Yeah I am using Elona+ Custom. What I mean is that when I press Teach a spell or Teach an ability, only the Back button shows up.
>>
Is there a limit on how many magic vendors you can have, because I'm pretty sure there isn't and I'm just unlucky. I have two in the cozy house and I've been checking for a while, yet no new ones have appeared.
>>
>>15147420
There's stat requirements for a pet to learn skills/spells, and you have to know the skill or have the spell leveled up to 50 to teach it.
>>
>>15147420
You need to meet certain conditions.

>"Teach a spell" allows you to have your pet begin to learn a spell. The conditions are: 1) You must have leveled the spell to at least 50. 2) The pet's Casting skill level must be greater than the difficulty of the spell divided by 15. Spell difficulty is ignored for magic dart and heal light spells.

>"Teach an ability" allows you to have your pet begin to learn an ability. The conditions are: 1) You must know the ability. 2) Your pet's primary attribute for that ability must be at least 2x the stamina requirement for the ability.
"Forget a spell or ability" allows you delete an action from your pet's move list.

More info here:
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:AnnaBannana/New_Features_in_Elona_Custom_1.51.4

>>15147425
Various houses have a cap to the amount of vendors you can have I think. Basically, the larger the home, the more vendors you can have.
>>
File: 1334811341772.gif (410 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
1334811341772.gif
410 KB, 450x600
>>15146097
>* Failing a certain sub quest the first time will allow you to receive the reward the second time you complete it. If you already have the artifact, it will still be rewarded the during the first completion of the quest after upgrading to this version.
Please be the vice staff.
>>
Exploring various dungeons that aren't puppy cave or void is the best way to find big daddies, right? Or the only way, rather.
>>
>>15147855
P. much.
>>
>>15147382
There are very few pets that will naturally learn all 3 without the use of AP to get Tactical Heal/Tactical Curse/Tactical Attack. Especially in the early game range that you're looking at. Healing Rain especially - the most efficient pet healing spell, is extremely tough to find at the low level range.

Generally you'll get either Heal Critical (Pet self only) or Healing Touch (1 square distance requirement, and still very rare). The Defender doesn't exactly fill the niche that you're looking for, but technically they do have healing rain. Most commonly it won't proc at all. They're the first example that comes to mind for me since Jure is so easy to worship.

In my example team for instance I've always had the Chaos Dragon use Healing Rain using normal AI. Heck I even had Larnierre use Healing Rain (I gave her Tactical Heal so she could do it though) before my Defender did. On the other hand, the Defender is great for Lay Hand, and I generally consider them very good if you're running a pet oriented team, and a strong contender even for normal play.

Normal magic on the other hand isn't too bad. Finding a pet that can handle spells generally isn't the issue so much as what kind of spell you're looking for. With the introduction of the element eyes item controlling the element of spells has never been easier....but that comes at a later point in the game. In the early game, AoE spells tend to get dangerous because not all pets have a good level of control magic - and unless the pet is naturally magic strong, running out of MP is a possible risk.

The main advice generally is to stick with a very small group of pets if you're not sure, because pet growths can be one of the most unforgiving things around. You can make a single pet grow stronger than you very very quickly with herbed food nowadays, but this becomes very difficult to manage if your resource base isn't ready for it. (For example, in my test account, I take measures to keep my pets all at maxed out potential by stuffing them with jewels and stuff to sell, then I feed them herbed food - they'll usually gain 1 point in every stat, whereas I gain 1 point in maybe 1 - 2 stats, all of us being at superb potential)

Knowing that, if you stick to whatever pet you've found that fits the niche you're looking for and they're a low INI pet to begin with, you'll find that getting them strong becomes much easier once they're over the initial hump.
>>
>>15147425
>>15147443
And when you get a larger home, you should rename your vendors to get more of a particular type. There's a bug where if you keep your original vendor names, the pool of vendors will stop drawing from what you've already hired.
>>
>>15148367
It doesn't matter so much what the magic they use is, but something offensive, like I mentioned the black cat seems to use melee, ranged, and some offensive magic!

If there is nothing I'll simply stick with nurses, thanks anon.
>>
>>15149288
Well melee and ranged pretty much anything can use so you're generally looking for melee/magic. Magic/ranged is a bit redundant to some extent, since the standard AI doesn't really consider MP costs, so often the guys that do spam spells will continue to do so. That said, the Exile is generally a good God pet as far as spells go. As you get further along, the hounds can be ok, or liches as well. As far as the slave master goes you don't get that many great unique choices, generally I only use the slave master for little girl travelers to add onto pets I'm trying out.
>>
>>15146097
>Shopkeepers in your shop will gain a large amount of potential of their Negotiation skill and Charisma attribute
Fucking FINALLY

This was heavily needed, hated having to load them up with coin and resting in town for potential
>>
What are some good spells worth levelling? I'm afraid of wasting time on levelling a spell that is useless in the later parts of the game.
>>
>>15150590
Magic storm, any of the ball spells (pick like maybe 2-3 elements), elemental scar for yourself and other debuff skills if you want to buff your pets' damage too. All the buff skills as well.

Haven't gotten around to leveling the new bubble spells yet so I'm not sure how good they are.
>>
File: 54624583_p0_master1200.jpg (226 KB, 600x342) Image search: [Google]
54624583_p0_master1200.jpg
226 KB, 600x342
>>15150590
My current damage spell lineup is: Magic Dart, Ice Ball, Fire Ball, Crystal Spear, Magic Storm, Meteor, and Thunder Vortex.

Magic Dart was my bread and butter spell for most of early Elona. Easy to stock, relatively cheap MP cost, and decent damage, assuming that an enemy doesn't have high magic resist and most don't, made Magic Dart a good spell. However, my Magic Dart spell, now at level 969, is becoming very hard to level up and a lot of other spells have surpassed it in damage. It's only a matter of time until I retire this spell.

Ice Ball does fantastic damage to those naturally weak against ice such as fire hounds or you can force the weakness through Element Scar. It also now gets bonus to damage from wet targets. Thunder Vortex also gets a bonus to wet targets and does a fair amount of damage.

Fire Ball is very much like Ice Ball in damage and is very effective against various undead. Liches, zombies, dragon zombies, ancient coffins, and more burn easily. Also gets a bonus to damage if an enemy is doused in oil.

Crystal Spear was a gap spell I used to transition from casting Magic Dart to Magic Storm. Before I had the MP and the magic control to frequently use Magic Storm without harming my pets I used Crystal Spear. Does decent damage. Still,it's a spell you can pass on if you really want to though.

Magic Storm is now my new bread and butter spell. Does a good amount of damage to a lot of enemies and not many things have a lot of resistance to pure magic outside of the void.

Meteor is the most damaging spell in the game so it's worth leveling if you can get the stock for it. It also hits everything on the map you're on. You don't even need to see the target.

It also should be noted that the secret treasure of Itzpalt, a god reward, empowers your elemental spells of ice, fire, and lightning by increasing their damage done. Definitely an additional reason why I'm using Ice ball, Fire Ball, and Thunder Vortex.

Spells that are worth leveling either actively or passively through just using it when necessary are Cure of Jua which is the strongest single target healing spell, Healing Rain for my pets, all the buffs that boost attributes, Contingency to safeguard against deaths and an almost mandate to have if one were to become a godslayer, Element Scar to remove elemental resists, Holy Light/Vanquish Hex to remove hexes, Mist of Silence to thwart some caster monsters and to actually stick it on boss type creatures, Dominate for gene engineering or to get a pet, Summon Spirit for music tickets and level gain mischief, Oracle because it's spammy and good for magic attribute gains, Resistance to fill resist holes or to empower what I already have, Identify, Uncurse, Restore Body/Spirit, and Holy Veil to hopefully prevent hexes from even landing.

Spells that I use but don't really level are Teleport, Return, 4d Pocket, Resurrection for my pets, Wall Creation, Bubble Storm, Water Bolt, and Wish.
>>
>>15150950
How much damage do you do with magic storm with buffs and whatnot?
>>
File: MagicStorm.png (560 KB, 1599x600) Image search: [Google]
MagicStorm.png
560 KB, 1599x600
>>15150990
Magic Storm at lv 1,108 214d930. Left picture of magic storm against enemies with little to normal magic resist on floor 364. Right picture of me in a level 530ish dungeon using it against a Yith creature. Not sure about his magic resist but it can't be much if anything at all. Casted buffs. Threw a rotten tomato at the enemy, used rampage, magic equip, and charge attack. Looks like about 4 million damage. Enough damage to knock a god out in one blow and put them in inner god form I think or at the very least, put a sizable hole in a gods HP.
>>
>>15151263
Yea lately I've been finding myself relying on meteor more than melee for hard grinding, and was just curious if magic storm had the same degree of scaling/raw damage. Melee damage is tapering off real hard lategame.
>>
>>15151335
Strange. Melee damage should be fine lategame if my pets are any indication. They do well in keeping up with me in killing things in the void. Just been upping the appropriate melee skills with AP and keeping their potentials up. I imagine it's the same for a player in what they need to do.
>>
>>15151799
If anything with weapon effects and whatnot you'd think that melee has its advantages over magic in some cases. I still need to test whether Gravity Sphere can stack with multiple hits...
>>
>>15152034
I guess I'm kinda exaggerating . Melee is pretty strong, especially with single target, but there are very few AoE options in comparison to magic, which is where I'm kinda seeing a weakness. Gravity sphere can definitely proc on multi hits...but it's really damn annoying after a bit, especially with its huge proc rate.

I just wish melee had a better aoe cleave option than swarm. Or more skills other than shadowstep and swarm.
>>
What's the easiest way to kill gods?
>>
>>15152125
which ones?
>>
I just started the game not too long ago - I foolishly drank from the well in the Truce Ground and some fire monster burned away the left side of the map. Am I permanently locked out of those Gods in this playthrough now?
>>
>>15152196
Hold down backspace when entering an area from the world map, lets you return it to the default state in case of breaking things like this. Obviously you can use it to cheat but that's all on you.
>>
>>15152196
Map will reset given time, if you're in a rush you can force reset it with del+enter, alternatively, you might find altars just randomly delving into dungeons, like puppy cave.
>>
>>15152196
One of the most appropriate situations to use the reset map function and not be called a filthy cheater. Reset the map by holding down backspace and hit enter. Select yes or whatever to reinitialize. That should reset your truce grounds to be in pristine condition. Now that you learned your lesson please don't do that again. You make Ehekatl sad.
>>
File: oh_my.png (12 KB, 603x31) Image search: [Google]
oh_my.png
12 KB, 603x31
>unidentified spellbook from magic tree
>>
>>15152290
meant to say strange tree
>>
File: TheWarGrounds.png (302 KB, 802x600) Image search: [Google]
TheWarGrounds.png
302 KB, 802x600
>>15152227
Not that anon but are there certain things that don't reset over time? It's been a couple of in game years and I kinda hope my truce grounds doesn't ever reset. I'm actually kinda proud of how wrecked the place is and how the place is littered with the corpses of the gods and twin tails caught in the crossfire. The knock down walls remind me of all the running and kiting I did to avoid the wrath of some of the gods and the west wall, or lack there of, reminds me how I purposely fought the gods near the edge of the map to avoid a Ragnarok from wiping out the altars. The whole west side is gone due to a Ragnarok triggered by Lulwy's weapon. The whole place is a nice memorial to the bloody Novembers in which I took on the gods.
>>
>>15152290
Work on that literacy skill anon.
>>
>>15152328
I'm not sure what the reset timers are for specific maps, since when I did testing I generally just went for towns (to check for things like werewolf spawning and quests and such). The couple times I tested Earth Dragon's Dance (Houzanha) the towns would respawn pretty quickly. That being said I've never tested the Truce Grounds or the Oblivion Palace to see if those places have different identifiers.

I would presume that it might reset after a certain qualifier has been met. Generally in towns damage to buildings and structures reset quicker when a certain "damage threshold" seemed to be met, but even though I tried hitting it in different ways/methods, I never really found what that threshold was.

Without a look at the source code I can't really say if that's actually the case, and I might be over complicating the whole process. When I have a bit of time I'll try running some damage tests on Truce Grounds and see.
>>
>>15152328
>>15152339
There are a few "static" maps across the game. Truce Ground being one of them.
>>
>>15152405
Mm, thanks, saves me the effort of trying to test it repeatedly.
>>
What's the best way to pass time, for the Kumiromi statues? Currently I'm just riding my bell which works pretty well, but I'm curious if there's anything better.
>>
>>15152165
Which one's the easiest?
>>
>>15152449
Couldn't you just waste time in the Abyss Princess's place?
>>
>>15152523
Nope, doesn't work.
>>
>>15152339
>>15152405
Thanks guys/girls. Glad to see that I'll get to keep my memorial.

>>15152449
I typically ride my snail to make time go by fast. The alternative would be to go to that undersea castle thing in South Tyris. Once on the snail I just rest and time moves fast. Eventually my character gets sleepy and I pass days like this. I also let my pets just gorge themselves on Currarias while on my snail. Since they're at 2000 speed to my 29 they appear to be moving at light speed and I'll have an entire log full of them chowing down and getting attributes. Sucks that they go through the stacks way too fast sometimes leading to lots of harvesting or waiting to harvest my farms. Found that riding on my snail and having the time pass by fast is a good way to become sleepy. Important for restoring spell potential.

>>15152451
Not sure if you're referring to the gods in Lost Irva (Are they gods? I always refer to them as demi gods.) or the traditional gods like Mani, Itzpalt, etc. I'll assume the traditional gods.

Depending on what your character is like it might influence which god you may find easy or hard. A godslayer that came before me, he was a melee based character, didn't have problems with Lulwy but she proved to be my hardest fight. Bad memories of that fight.

The easiest god for me to bring down was Yacatect. After going through the horrors of some of the other gods, I was expecting a bit more from her. What I got was a goddess that seemed to spam the continuous attacks special action. Anyone that's been hit by that special action knows how laughable the damage is from that special action. Her god weapon, which is a coin, should do good damage but for some reason that continuous attacks special made that coin not hurt that much. I truly was imagining my character saying, "Yacatect, please take this fight seriously..." and a flustered Yacatect throwing a flury of coins at me saying, "I am you idiot!"

When I got her to her inner god form she used gold rush which gave her some nice buffs. She even used rampage which is understandable I guess considering she wasn't doing too much damage. Too bad it kinda sealed her fate as it still wasn't enough and I now as doing more damage to her. In the end I felt like a gigantic bully. Still, she had to be brought low if I was to join the ranks of the rest of the godslayers that came before me. Interested in how other god slayers viewed her and who they thought was difficult. As I said above, probably very different from my list of easy to hard.
>>
>>15152549
>go through the stacks way too fast sometimes leading to lots of harvesting or waiting to harvest my farms. Found that riding on my snail and having the time pass by fast is a good way to become sleepy. Important for restoring spell potential.

>Eating
>Stacks

Beg pardon? You can just give them five of whatever and they'll eat it?
>>
>>15153089
Just drop it, and if you have the option of them eating off ground disabled enable it for this, and they'll eat it.
>>
>>15152549
I was expecting a cheesy way to kill gods, but I guess you can only kill them with godly stats and equipment.
>>
File: PetFeeding.png (2 MB, 1604x1198) Image search: [Google]
PetFeeding.png
2 MB, 1604x1198
>>15153089
Pet at max attribute potential(Superb at 400%). Dropped 49 of my Curraria herb in concoctions. Shfit + R 14 times later and a steady stream of attribute gains later the stack was gone.
>>
File: wat.jpg (264 KB, 1280x768) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
264 KB, 1280x768
>my good ol' pal is a real human bean, honest!
>>
Haven't played in a while, is the chat back yet?
>>
>>15153259
tfw camping palmia/vernis for months to flush werewolves out early.
votes are kinda op desu, got whom dwell in vanity killed and some other adventurers even though I wasn't trying to.
>>
File: snippet.png (76 KB, 1180x428) Image search: [Google]
snippet.png
76 KB, 1180x428
>>15152549
>Her god weapon, which is a coin, should do good damage

No, it doesn't. I've tested it by running a nerf test. At the same speeds with higher stats, Yacatect with the Kaneituuhou using Continuous Attacks actually does less damage than most of my other pets. I've had Mesheras do more damage, the Android do more damage, even the Defender has done more damage. The Kaneituuhou's natural 1d5 pierce 100 doesn't seem to help it very much. Numbers wise, she tops out the board, performance wise, her AI hinders her quite a bit.

For reference, here are the testing stats from the trial team - Yacatect's stat ratios are extremely high in comparison to everybody else, but given that her only actual ability of worth is Continuous Attacks on a weapon that has no major effects other than some generic resists and such, the moment you cross the threshold where your stats match her God form, she becomes "weak" in comparison.

Ironically I found out while testing Data Delete (the skill), Yacatect's default AI is actually much more passive than a Performaid [B]'s Berserker AI, because even her "offensive" AI isn't actually that aggressive in comparison. Meshera's Spellcast default was much more aggressive (Shadow Step + Chaos Ball) and even the Oblivion Priestess was more aggressive than Yacatect was.

For your standard vanilla play, a person that grabs Yacatect as a pet should generally be fine if their speed is ok, but the problem is that you can't even grab Yaca as a pet until you're at level 175, and by then 800 speed really isn't a problem given that Leold exists (I used 800 as a test threshold for my pets and myself - nerfed Yacatect's natural speed is around 200 - 300 something.)

Similarly, I'd conclude that if you want an enjoyable fight and not a complete beatdown, then fighting the Gods at a lower level might actually make it more enjoyable. By the time you're at max stats across the boards, your stats outweigh the Gods, but the Inner Gods at least have some countermeasures in place.

Yes, this is a testing team I had meant for AI testing rather than stat growth testing, so for their level range (50s) their stats are absolutely ridiculous. Don't take it as some sort of guideline for general stat growth, since the greenhouse conditions are basically optimized in this case. I think it does however, show a pretty good comparison of what happens when you narrow the gap between a God Pet with Penalty and some random pets.
>>
>>15153815
>votes are kinda op desu, got whom dwell in vanity killed and some other adventurers even though I wasn't trying to.

Hm, I should try this sometime.
>>
>>15154169
Just don't give Ragnarok to your pet early game if you don't want to get RNG owned.
>>
What does everyone here use Rods of Alchemy on? I have a couple from leveling gardening but don't have a good idea on what's nice to alchemize.
>>
>>15154618
I use them on junk stones to get not-so-junk stones.
>>
>>15153138
Meteor spamming and teleporting everywhere is a pretty cheesy and kind of normal strat, provided you have enough resists to survive your own meteors and enough speed to get away from the gods.
>>
>>15154700
Junk stones are amazing god fodder though.
>>
File: StoneCoin.png (443 KB, 801x602) Image search: [Google]
StoneCoin.png
443 KB, 801x602
>>15153830
Think we're thinking of different coins. Sorry, I should of been more clear. This is Yacatect's god weapon that she uses. It's the stone coin. She throws this at you when you go up against her not the Kaneiuuhou.
>>
>>15155238
Isn't that the Inner God Yacatect's Weapon and not standard God Yacatect's Weapon? IIRC when you ALP her Inner God form you can get it off her the same way you get stuff like Rainbow, no?
>>
>>15155238
On another note though, the Stone Coin does look delicious. The only part I dislike about the Inner God weapons is Ragnarok :/.

...I wish there was an easier way to get a Kill Kill Piano. I want to play a roaming musician character.
>>
>>15155414
If I remember right, you can savescum it out of a New Year's Gift of the appropriate tier. (Or was that the other precious piano?)
>>
>>15155381
Not sure. I never astral light penned the gods for their weapons. I got their stuff from killing them. Or rather, killing both god and their inner god forms. I'm pretty sure she used the stone coin at least in her inner god form but as I said before, due to spamming the continuous attacks for some reason this coin didn't really hurt despite it looking like it should. The other god weapons have similar damage ratings and they can really wreck your HP. Like for Ehekatl I wasn't exactly worried about her mewmew but more worried about getting hit by her stick that she considers a cat's tail.
>>
>>15155442
honestly though, I've found that the inner gods hurt primarily due to their abilities more than their raw weapon damage output. Like opatos is extremely hard because he has a melee ability that basically one shots you and ignores armor, whereas something like continuous attacks gets heavily reduced due to armor.

All the gods that don't have some cheesy one shot unresistable ability are relatively easy, like lulwy and ehekatl (after surviving the mewmew).
>>
>>15155442
>>15155381
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Hyper_Yacatect

Yes it is.
>>
>>15155459
Yeah, there definitely were abilities that scared me too. Like the guage release from Itzpalt that does 999,999 damage. At least I think it's that much. It was definitely very high. I could survive it now but back then I had no where near that amount of life. Also when he finally decides to do mana burst that thing killed off my party and without the contingency spell that fight would of been over.

Found Opatos and Ehekatl to be somewhat similar in difficulty for me. Lots of running from them to avoid getting hit by them. I found Mani to be a miserable fight. Can't really run from him that well because he uses a ranged weapon. I was kiting some of the gods to preserve my life and to prevent Ragnaroks from destroying the altars but now ragnaroks became a real problem so I had to fight him near the edge of the map. What made his fight horrible for me was that despite us both having 2000 speed. He got way more attacks than I did. He ended up doing a lot of chip damage to me that added up so I had to keep on my toes with the heals.

Kumiromi could be a horrible fight near the end when he does that screenwide insanity attack but I came prepared. Lulwy was my hardest fight partially because I came unprepared but also because she was a ranged user that loved to summon tornados and slyphs. I needed to get near her to cast magic storm but she created a nice wall of slyphs and tornados in front of me to cut me off in the fight. Had to deal with them first while she took shots at me behind her wall. To make matters worse, I did not suspect that she could cause insanity so I didn't come prepare for that. Due to this, I got really screwed over by having her shut out my casting and having me spaz out with her shooting me. I ended up taking her down with my gun in the end but that fight was really drawn out for me.
>>
>>15155539
For me, it was generally that the ranged characters were easier due to high armor and the fact that they probably had reduced damage to the ineffective range from me meleeing them. On the flip side, opatos was a big fuckin dice roll to see if he hits me with the big melee attack for 999999 damage, and likewise with itzpalt. I can't remember if the gods attempt to kite you either, especially the ranged ones, but I'm pretty sure they do, which lets you squeeze in a few more free turns.
>>
>>15146097
Errata:
>Shopkeepers in your shop will gain a large amount of potential
Shopkeepers in your shop can be made to gain a large amount of potential
>an enchant that increase Throwing skill
an equipment attribute that increases Throwing skill

Sorry about that.

[Changes and additions]
* nurse, <Mad scientist>, <Icolle>, and <Mary> will start off with Gene engineer skill.
* Changed nurse sprite.
* Equipment attributes on godly equipment are now one step stronger.

[Fixes]
* Fixed experience received when attacking with Blade Strings special action being off by a factor of 10.
>>
is there a way to undo "Teach Words"?

I didn't know what it did at first, and my little girl is going around saying "Bitch nigga" all the time.
>>
>>15155749
You reap what you sow, bitch nigga.
>>
Game keeps crashing when I rest. Here's my error.txt

HspError 13 WinError 0 Ver 2790 Mode 0
efId 183 efP 0 Area 5/1
ci 0#7 ti 0#7 cc 0#0 tc 0#0 rc 0#0
3. main_init:End ct:0
2. turn_end:pc ct:0
1. main_init:Begin ct:245
0. main_init:End ct:0

Anyone know what could be causing it?
>>
>>15155749
Can you teach words and leave the prompt blank? I think it will default to normal if you do that
>>
What do runes do?
>>
>>15155855
Be one of the graphic files.
>>
File: Capture.png (723 KB, 801x599) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
723 KB, 801x599
this guy
>>
Are precious items stuck with the attributes they are pre-determined to have? I managed to get my hands on the <Flash Crossbow> but it's significantly worse than what I am currently using
>>
>>15157466
What about him? He's definitely not prejudiced that's for sure.
>>
>>15155685
>nurse, <Mad scientist>, <Icolle>, and <Mary> will start off with Gene engineer skill
Hello, is this the Dog? I want a refund on my gain attribute scrolls.
>>
Is it possible to get a second god pet of the same type if you accidentally used on in gene engineering?
>>
>>15159769
Yes you can. You only need to get rid of the first one, which apparently you have.
>>
>>15159920
Does it increase in price? I got the required amount, yet I can't get it.
>>
>>15160019
Never mind, I'm a retard.
>>
>>15155855
Crashed for me after installing the background mod, turns out one of the things didn't have the right options for compatibility.
Should just be the bg_night.bmp

Pretty sure the correct settings for gimp are do not write color space information ticked and it being 24 bit.
>>
>>15160558
I thought that might be it and went through several of the files I changed and saved them again with the right settings, still crashing.

Just turned out I accidently started that character with the regular elona.exe instead of plus.
Started a new one and its all working fine now lol
>>
File: Living weapon.png (803 KB, 1280x768) Image search: [Google]
Living weapon.png
803 KB, 1280x768
So I got a living weapon, what should I do with it? Can you fuck it up, because of you can I probably won't use it for a while.
>>
>>15160876
The idea is to load it up with mods through artifact fusion first, then actually level it up.
>>
>>15161038
So I'll just leave it in storage till I reach lost irva, thanks.
>>
>>15160876
It's also not a bad idea to just use it as an intermediary item to help you get to lost irva, you can always load it up with resists and just use it as a defensive resist stick. Or you can put enchantments like enhance spells or other hard to get attributes. You can even load it up with damage mods, but it'll be hard to use it that way due to the dimensional move proc.
>>
Custom 1.57.2 is now out!
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:17104#475
>>
>>15155855
>>15160558
>>15160736
Fixed bg_night.bmp, thanks for catching that.
>>
I only just now found out that Elona+ uses your mount's speed INI to calculate your AP gain while riding.
No wonder I was struggling to get any.
So why would anyone use riding beyond North Tyris?
>>
>>15166116
Limb number penalty?
>>
>>15166116
So I can't let weak pets ride on my shoulders to ease their early AP grind? Bollocks.
>>
>>15166950
That's what tag team is for.
>>
I am currently uploading an Elona+ MP3 pack with Studio Ghibli soundtracks.

I started making it four months ago and finished it just a few weeks ago but I will now finally upload it.

I didn't have a preview of this previously but if you download it when it's up, it will be a masterpiece.
>>
>>15170470
I still have the music files that were linked for 1.26, how large is the download going to be?
>>
>>15170734
No, not the RPG music one.

I made a new music pack from scratch with the songs being Studio Ghibli soundtracks.
I already finished it and it is now uploading on MEGA.

I tested it for Elona+ Custom 1.57.2 and it works like a charm.

And please update the pastebin with the MEGA link I will upload shortly later.
>>
File: stonegnarok.jpg (337 KB, 802x723) Image search: [Google]
stonegnarok.jpg
337 KB, 802x723
Didn't know rocks can come with "It brings an end."

Should I buy it? It seems like triggering Ragnarok would be detrimental for low-level characters.
>>
>>15157611
Precious items got nerfed, they have full static bonii now and cant get random enchantments
>>
>>15170960
That is unfortunate - thanks for the information. I assume this means there's no reason to get precious items other than completing my collection? None of the precious weapons, barring the inner god weapons, are better than the random item I got off an adventurer who got killed by the unseen hand.
>>
>>15170956
If you have great fire resistance and you can kill high level opponents like dragons and titans, then yes.
>>
File: Nausicaa is best Ghibli girl.jpg (450 KB, 1010x1222) Image search: [Google]
Nausicaa is best Ghibli girl.jpg
450 KB, 1010x1222
The Ghibli MP3 pack is finally uploaded.
https://mega.nz/#!UpZQ0b4C!5FCvepWkMyc9Tgnue4jRR_3A3irXoXxX-Prl9wrNgxk
>>
>>15170956
Has to be much more amazing than that for me to put up with Ragnarok.
>>
Damn, the palace deed is so huge that I don't know what to do with all this space. Give me some inspirations anons.
>>
>>15171008
I really, really, really, really, really, really like it.

>>15171637
A dungeon filled with the fluids of your harem and the vomit of summoned monsters with the intentions of pleasing your god.
Bonus points if you can make a song made of the new music tiles dedicated to a toho boss BGM.
>>
>>15171637
Does the wish machine still work? I'd use a fraction of the castle for that.
>>
>>15171637
I remodeled 80% of my palace into a cathedral dedicated to the gods, since I thought the Truce Ground was horribly plain for worshipers.

Still need to haul back altars for Lulwy, Opatos, and Itzpalt - otherwise it was quite fun to use all my furniture to decorate the holy grounds.
>>
>>15172922
Wish machine ?
>>
>>15173011
Sandbagged monster splitting and repeatedly attempting to cast Wish, netting a player 100+ wishes each time they loaded the map. This was removed ages ago so don't bother with it.
>>
I haven't played Elona for a while, but I've heard some gods have been buffed, while my good ol' Kumi's stamina regen nerfed.

Is there now a better option for a general final god to worship or is Kumi's bonus still 2gud to pass up?
>>
File: museum.jpg (514 KB, 1285x800) Image search: [Google]
museum.jpg
514 KB, 1285x800
Can i turn my museum icon back?

Used register and this happened.
>>
>>15173596
Kumiromi regen is still way too good to pass up IMO. None of the other gods give a bonus you can't render insignificant from grinding. Ehekatl RNG mana can be really nice for spellcasters but since you can't rely on it (it might screw you over), not the best bonus.

>>15173930
Enter nothing. It'll reset to default.
>>
Is there a way to keep Elona Custom AI allies from freaking out whenever they can't see whatever I'm attacking (no direct LOS)?
>>
>>15176563
Maybe just set a command at the very bottom to move forward no matter what.

I think the one I'm using is self hp <= 100%, move forward.
>>
>>15176647
Yeah, but the problem is they're not reaching that, since the Target Distance < X is already evaluating to true even though they can't see the target and therefore abort attempting to attack.
The problem is really obvious when using a Taktstock.
>>
File: ThereGoesVernis.jpg (830 KB, 800x700) Image search: [Google]
ThereGoesVernis.jpg
830 KB, 800x700
>>15173596
Not exactly responding to this specifically, but I've been wondering why Kumiromi is considered a general god for final worship and has an ability that's too good to pass up? I've always thought that the god one ends up worshiping is the one that helps out their gameplay. I guess if you use a lot of special actions, Kumiromi is for you but what if you don't? Are you guys telling me that the vast majority of Elona players spam special actions? If you do spam special actions, what do you spam exactly that causes you to blow out your stamina?

I personally don't use my special actions often. Early in Elona I only used absorb magic and having that paired up with the feat that allows me to suck blood I didn't have stamina or MP problems. I don't really use absorb magic anymore but instead use dupli but even then I'm not having stamina problems. Both Mani and Itzpalt appeal to me due to my character Kai being a gun mage but I'm more mage leaning so Itzpalt won out in the end. As a mage, why would Kumiromi be a better fit for you?

Itzpalt gives you absorb magic that only grows stronger as you earn favor. My current absorb magic gives me about 12,000 MP for 25 stamina. His bonus to Magic is really nice too. currently I'm getting +30 Magic from him and the wiki seems to indicate that if you have enough faith and favor you can get around +200 or so Magic tacked on. Magic is a very important attribute to a mage as it determines dice. Even the addition of one dice to my spells could be powerful if the sides of my dice are a lot. Adding one more dice to the 1000 sided dice I use can be powerful if you also take into consideration the 2.5x multiplier and other damage modifiers. Seeing this, why would I switch to Kumiromi? Sell me on Kumiromi guys.

I know I use a mage and Itzpalt as an example but how about a warrior? Wouldn't warriors instead want to worship Opatos instead of Kumiromi in the end? Or are you warriors the ones that are spamming special actions left and right? Favor and faith lead to bonuses to strength and strength is used to add on to their damage multiplier. Favor and faith can also lead to more constitution which warriors definitely need as they constantly put themselves in position to be mauled by monsters His shell ability got buffed too and offers damage resistance. Sounds useful but is it any good?
>>
>>15177111
Shadow step is the main culprit, along with swarm.
There's also the bonus to learning, so kumi is always useful.

Yacatect is intriguing me though, how much more loot are we talking about here ?
>>
>>15176666
I think I asked this a while back, and honestly there's no workaround currently, at least none that was brought up. I think the only thing might be to actually set Target distance commands to be limited within the natural FOV (I think it's 5? Or was it 7) So that anything beyond that doesn't register.
>>
>>15177111
Like >>15177271 said, Warriors end up spamming shadow step and swarm a lot, since those are the only real gap close/aoe options a warrior has for the most part.

That being said, I went with Yacatect for one of my test characters, and haven't noticed any real particular improvement to loot to speak of.
>>
>>15177395
Even limiting to FOV (which I already do), it breaks if I start attacking something that I can see, but there's a wall between my pet and my target.
Attacking them causes the pet to target them, but they can't actually act since they're out of their sight despite being in range.
>>
>>15177428
That's an inherent limitation that is pretty much impossible to work around though, since it requires a method for your pets to select a different target from you. It sucks, but you'll have to live with some wasted turns.
>>
>>15177449
Ah, that's what I was afraid of.
I just wish there was a "Line of sight to Entity" conditional, since then I could have them do something like walking towards me instead of freezing altogether.
>>
>>15177465
I like to see that the AI system is something that Anna's still working on improving, or well, I hope that's the case, because the whole Gambit concept in FFXII that she mentions in its intro would definitely work great here, but it would definitely improve the system to have some more flexibility.

Earlier when we brought it up, the idea of "automatic failsafes" basically built in so that anything that hits a "cannot compute" scenario would default to some sort of basic response seemed like a pretty good one. Having improved profiles (like customizing the aggressive passive defense states) would be pretty nice too, but the custom AI works ok as it is.

It's ridiculously complex, but I'd also like to have a level of randomized casting built in, with maybe percentage conditionals so that instead of just casting 1 spell based on the situation, they might pick and choose between different ones. But this goes way beyond the realm of ease of use and more into "ridiculous wishlists". I'm sure Anna's busy with more shit than what some random anon would wish for anyways.
>>
File: Damage.jpg (2 MB, 1598x1802) Image search: [Google]
Damage.jpg
2 MB, 1598x1802
Wanted to throw some damage numbers up. Pretty much going to go off of character sheet numbers and assuming max damage. Understandably, max damage is extremely rare to score and character sheet damage is a bit misleading due to resists, PV, and other factors bringing the numbers down but still, I think you can draw some conclusions.

Kai: Magic Storm lv 1116: 216d937 x 2.5 = 505,980

Yuki: Tactics 1075, Two Hand 1078, Pole Arm 885 1d150+358 x 183.3 = 93,116.4

Akeno(Normal 13 slots with only 2 hands): Tactics 1056, Dual Wield 571, Long Sword 642 (Default two sword strikes) 2d15+ 345 x 97.6 + 2d16+343 x 97.6 = 73,200. (If the third sword strike comes out and hits from dual wield skill) 109,800.

Conclusion: I do more damage than my pets. Dual wield, even with someone who has just two hands, has the potential to be even stronger than two hand if that third strike triggers and hits. If it doesn't come out two hand is the winner. Can only imagine mutants have it better. How many hits does a four hand mutant get? Five?
>>
>>15177496
2-hand would benefit far more from "chance for an additional attack" enchants though, would it not?
>>
>>15177496
Pretty neat, what are the monster hp ranges generally like where you're at?
>>
>>15177111
Speaking for prior to the god buffs/nerf: Shadow step, shining wave, zero shoot, plus the useful learning and gardening bonuses. Shining wave and zero shoot in particular are far above the early game power curve unless you minmax - they never miss, and either hit in a row or can proc proximity assist. They're gamebreaking for any nonmagic, non-minmaxed character - shining wave x2, teleport, repeat is a recipe to kill Siva without taking damage. Even the most screwed up idiot character can do this as long as they worship Kumiromi.

Suck blood, meanwhile, requires something to suck blood from, and it's very gamey and obtuse and, unlike other gamechangers, inconvenient. Some players will think Kumiromi statues are cheesy. Others will think shining wave is cheesy. Others will think sucking blood for stamina is cheesy. Still others will think leveling up magic dart to 500 is cheesy. They're all gaming an imperfect system in various ways.

The favor bonuses for the gods aren't really reasons to stick with them in the early game. 50 faith will net you how much extra to one stat? 10? 15? This was never on my mind when choosing a god, I'm not sure about others.

Lastly, most of the god extras prior to the new patch (empowered spells for Itzpalt, damage reduction for Opatos, Lulwy's stuff) fall in one of two categories: unclear, or just plain garbage. Itzpalt's empowering of spells bonus isn't at all transparent so there's no easy way to gauge the tradeoff between that with anything else, and so why take the risk when Kumiromi is clearly increasing stamina regen? And don't even get me started on Itzpalt's resistance bonuses factoring into spell damage. Who knows? Same issue now with the new Yacatect - what items drops are increasing, and why should a Kumislut such as myself care when my stamina regen bonus is already clearly outlined? Many players are probably not yet comfortable taking risks with the new god updates and see Kumiromi as the best fallback option.

... But, all this will slowly change as we get accustomed to the new SP regen formula. It's a brave and frightening new world we're heading into now that the golden age of the Kumislut is over.
>>
File: stats.png (1 MB, 2560x768) Image search: [Google]
stats.png
1 MB, 2560x768
I've reached the point in this run where I've normally stopped playing in vanilla, about where dungeons with some of the harder monsters start to become the norm.

I'm level 14 on a claymore with kokou, as in pic, and money flow is starting to slow down a bit. I haven't been able to get a magic vendor to the point of seeing potions of potential, so I'm not really sure what I'm really supposed to be doing at this point to stop from slipping into a stat deficiency. What's the next thing I should focus on doing?
>>
>>15177428
Can you provide a screencap of your AI setup and more details on what exactly happens?
>>
>>15177667
You're kind of a bit too early to really worry much about stat deficiency.

At your levels it's not the best notion to try and minmax grind out stats. Just play normally and go through the storyline. In order to start hoarding potential pots, either you're going to have to savescum, or you're going to need to up your cashflow, get a palace and get a good bunch of magic merchants. But with your gold amounts right now, you're not quite ready for the first step yet.

Without knowing what you want your character focus to be it's kind of tough to make any recommendations. Assembling a farm is generally a good idea to start stocking on rare herbs early, but your farming skill is probably pretty low/nonexistent right now as it is.

Honestly I'd just go with do more of the actual story.
>>
File: pet.png (78 KB, 606x135) Image search: [Google]
pet.png
78 KB, 606x135
>>15177704
Here's the AI setup.
Whenever the pet is in the shadow step range, if they can't see the target they freeze and throw the "doesn't know how to respond" line.
>>
>>15177777
Ah, and the 4th line has the Player preserved as the target entity.
>>
>>15177271
>>15177401
>>15177539
Thanks for the incites guys. Although I'm not sure about what is meant by:

>Suck blood, meanwhile, requires something to suck blood from, and it's very gamey and obtuse and, unlike other gamechangers, inconvenient

What about it is inconvenient? Are you talking about finding enemies? The enemies that challenged me enough to even require stamina related specials provided enough HP to suck blood from for stamina. I could also make it easier on myself by just sandbagging enemies and creating stamina refill stations. Usually a dungeon has plenty of enemies but I guess I can see how if there isn't enough that would be a problem. For me at least, I guess I could summon monsters to solve that problem. What I like about suck blood is that after I got it, I didn't really have to rest or rest too long to get stamina back, or for that matter, MP with absorb magic. I was constantly on the move with little to no down time.

>>15177529
Definitely would help. On a side note, I wanted to avoid including invokes and other special damage buffers in my post. Mainly because some of the additional damage buffers may require some luck to get. Things also get a lot more complicated when you add them in. I think dual wield would still win if you added invokes into the argument simply because with two or more weapons, you can cram more stuff into them. Also with multi hits comes more chances of activating invokes. What do you guys think? Is this a correct assessment?

>>15177532
I'm currently training on floor 364 of the void. I could go deeper and fight stronger things but currently I don't because the AP gravy train hasn't quit on me or my pets yet at this level. Enemies on this floor generally have Superb resists in everything except for magic which is at Normal I think. My Magic Storm down there does about 100k damage down there. Rare enemies down there that have exceptional magic resist will cut that damage down further. Enemies usually have between 200k to two million HP I think. As enemies grow in level as I descend I can only imagine their HP increases even further.
>>
>>15177786
Sorry I meant insights.
>>
>>15177777
The shadowstep line should be skipped if the enemy isn't in los.

Try moving shadowstep to #2 (use the * button to swap if you don't want to re-enter it), and change your present #2 (which will be moved to #3) to target distance > 1 move forward.

If that doesn't work I'll look into it and see what is happening.
>>
>>15177839
Also, change it to < 6, not <= 6 for shadowstep.
>>
>>15177786
Hmm, I wonder about that actually, what with life/HP contributing stats being capped at 2k each. Should still see an increase, but I don't think the increase will be anywhere near as dramatic as when there was a possible difference in the life stat. Unfortunately it's impossible to really see the exact level of resist in each enemy in terms of their ranks like you would using the Heart item. I'd assume that the ranks go up, but I'm curious to know how quickly they go up or if they cap out as well.

Looking at the current Artifact Fusion system, you'd think that a multi-wield user should have the definite advantage, at the cost of a much more substantial investment requirement. But the amount of extra limbs necessary itself might be an issue. The RNG involved with invokes/special damage buffs just creates too much of a tossup in terms of gauging damage benefits.

In reality testing it with elosnack shouldn't be an issue at all, but then replicating the same results in a vanilla game will probably be the hardest part, especially getting the right mutations/weapons depending on your character's race and such.
>>
>>15177786
>What about it is inconvenient?
Well, let's see.
>please select the skill
>please select the target
>are you sure you want to attack Useless the little girl?
>please solve the captcha to prove you aren't android
And here is your 7 sp, try to not waste it all at once :^)
>>
>>15177111
I'm a fairly low level player, but I've just been restoring mana with a Rod of Mana. Does the Rod restoration not scale well into lategame?
>>
>>15177868
Got to admit, I laughed a bit. It's true that it could be that complicated but I thought most people hot keyed their special actions though? In truth, using blood suck is no more inconvenient than casting a spell imo.

>>15178781
When I started playing Elona+ creating rods of mana were not possible at the time I think and absorb magic was the only way to go. Having said that, my MD is at 1,392 and a rod of mana restores about 25k MP. Definitely more than the 12k I report that I'm getting with absorb magic.

However, my faith skill is only at a mere 400 and if my calculations are right, at max faith and favor one can restore 144k with absorb magic. If I truly was serious about raising this skill I'd dump AP into it and look into those faith scrolls. I'm roughly 600 points away from capping MD but I'm not sure if a capped MD will grant me the same restoration or better than absorb magic when favor and faith are capped.

I'd say both are plenty useful and to use the one that you can get the most out of in regards of what your skill level or favor is. I will say though that with blood suck and absorb magic boss fights became a whole lot easier as a caster in my earlier days. Prior to having those, I'd run out of MP a lot and have to resort to my pet or my guns to finish them off. However, with blood suck and absorb magic I was able to just use absorb magic and if my stamina got low, restore my stamina off the boss who had plenty of HP anyhow and could stand to bleed out. Can do some decent damage if you stack those bleeds. Didn't have to worry about running out of charges if I had used a rod of mana or running the risk of maxing out my inventory by carrying too many rods.

>>15177844
Yeah good point. Prior versions, it would of been scary to imagine how much HP an enemy could get up to. Guess 20 million HP is what I get to eventually look forward to. I think that was the cap mentioned. I wonder how the 8 well known gods feel about there being monsters in the void with HP much higher than theirs. Speaking, of the gods, I kinda would like the 9th god, Eyth, to be what's waiting for me deep down in the void. Turns out he's the strongest god of them all or something. Don't know how other godslayers feel, but I'm saddened by the one that got away. I certainly would be on the warpath of Eyth showed up in the game.
>>
>>15179623

I always believed Eyth was a pun on atheist, and not an actual god, which was why you can't pray, convert altars or get messages with that equipment attribute.
>>
>>15180101
How about that weird altar in the graveyard near Lumiest? It's unaligned and if you aren't worshiping anyone and drop a bottle of water it becomes blessed. Who's blessing the water? Could it be Eyth? So spooky!
>>
>>15179623
Well with the storyline as it is the Chaos party is still woefully underrepresented. I mean you've got Orphe, and the "Emperor" is dead now. Presumably whoever is at the bottom is likely the dormant Chaos God. There's not that much NPC dialogue lore in Lost Irva that would explain the makeup of the continent and why each God's faction has seemingly taken up a position around the Cradle of Chaos, but who knows, maybe Eyth is the Chaos God.

I think magic heavy users have a tougher time with the hot keys as it is haha. My characters generally just act as party support, and already with debuffs/heal/standard party special actions I fill up the first hot key row. It's nice that there is a second row though.
>>
>>15181702

It's been a while for me, have they made any worthwhile melee weapons besides the Pile Driver? It kinda turned me off how weak strength and melee options felt.
>>
>>15182029
Nothing that really stands out damage wise, I mean you always had the Inner God weapons like the Kindness Blade and whatnot, but those always came with their own issues. Lost Irva didn't introduce too many new melee weapons, the Spadille isn't too great, the White Hawk is a bit too circumstantial for my liking with its main gimmick being magic reflect, the Grandel is ok as a magic resister I guess, but with artifact fusion getting a good magic resist rank isn't as hard as it used to be.

Arguably nowadays with artifact fusion, melee weapons might have a slight benefit just because you can stack more stuff onto them if you multi wield. But that requires quite a bit of investment. I generally just use living spears since they're easy to make (relatively).
>>
>>15182080

Yeah, I'm mostly thinking of stuff between Inner God stuff since everything else does piddly damage. I played a character with Two Hand and fell off really hard until getting the Pile Driver, but then there was nothing else that was interesting to use.
>>
>>15182092
Yeah melee has always been in a bit of a tough spot. I've heard that actual melee (martial arts) got a bit of a boost, but I haven't made a character to try it out. Pity there aren't living tonfas or anything.
>>
Is it worth giving potions of potential to pets?
>>
>>15182808
No, training in town give them attribute potential, and gold is way easier to come across than popos.
>>
>>15181702
Certainly would be cool if that happens. Just hope he'll be at least as strong as the other gods. Better if he is much stronger though.
>>
>>15177751
Thanks. I'm focusing mostly on two-hand longsword looking for a heavy enough katana to use, and dodging with light armor. Claymore type stuff. I have a bit of gardening and enough for a farm but I haven't started working on one no. I'll get started on one here.

Then the next thing would probably be to start looking for gear to up my resists so that I can actually fight the magic enemies in the upcoming dungeons? Baptists are the biggest threats I've bumped into and I'm assuming there's going to be lots of red ones in the fire tower.
>>
>>15183335
Generally at your stage in the game, in terms of resist you're better off just sticking with whatever artifact items you can find for resistances. Fire isn't that difficult to find given that there are one or two artifacts which give you resistance against it substantially. Magic casters are generally going to remain dangerous all throughout if you play melee and don't invest a little into mist of silence or some sort of shutdown/gap closer option.

Fire Tower is something you want to stay away from where you are currently, stock up on fireproof blankets and such, and do the other dungeons a bit until you're comfortable with baptists at least, because fire tower will bring some new challengers that are definitely worse.

If you dungeon trawl a bit and get cash, getting a bit of investing up isn't a bad idea, remembering to stick with the invest 50 option as often as you can.

One thing you definitely need right now is speed - unfortunately the only way to really get speed at your rank is either eating shoes or getting hermes pots through small medals, and the latter is pretty costly in terms of how much dungeon farming you'll need to do.
>>
I forgot Riding existed and now I have 150 speed but no matter what I ride I always tank to <100.

Should I suck it up and train riding or just keep rolling with my current setup?
>>
>>15183413
Riding = (MountSpeed - MountStrength * 1.5) / 2 = (208 - 105) / 2 = 52 (rounded)

Caught a valiant wyvern and that didn't require to get riding up, you just need the right mount for your riding level.

The weapon I use is over 8s -442 hit% when riding.
>>
>>15183457
I mean, my riding level is literally 1. I'd need a mount with 66% of its speed as STR which seems impossible.
>>
>>15183538
If you're really leery about dedicated training on Riding, get a bit of Travelling and level Riding through that for a bit. Depending on how far you want to go with the game, Riding can be anything from a lifesaver to a nice to have. You don't need Riding for instance to beat the storyline for the most part, though if you don't train speed in some fashion, you'll likely hit major roadblocks the moment you cross into Act 2.
>>
>>15179623
As of original Elona story, Eight somehow lost his divinity to Lulwy and became a mortal. Many took over his place. But that's original, nothing stops the dog from improvisation.
>>
File: 1460873833637.gif (363 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1460873833637.gif
363 KB, 480x270
Elona in japanese is not abstract art anymore, but something that i can understand superficially enough to be able to play, after 169 days.
In six months i should be able to actually play it comfortably ( hopefully ) ! I'm so hyped !
>>
>>15184525
Nice
>>
>>15171008
This doesn't seem to be working.
There's no music playing during screen or game.
>>
Reminder that riding kills AP gains.
>>
Does Memorization do anything for pets? I've been seeing them level Memorization up from reading party, but since they can't read spellbooks by themselves, I'm not sure how this works.
>>
>>15185356
Don't think it really does anything for them. On the bright side, if they level memorization up, the associated attribute linked to memorization should get experience though.
>>
File: prettyshit.png (883 KB, 700x818) Image search: [Google]
prettyshit.png
883 KB, 700x818
So whats a good way to get nice items?
Only managed to get a few good godly ones.

Are there any other good trade trade routes with south tyris?
>>
>>15186874
Other than trawling dungeons, there's pretty much no way. You could reset savescum dungeon floors with chests if you're really desperate, but some people will find that it drains the fun out of it. Generally you don't want to waste little sisters/medals on rerolling artifacts, as they have better alternative uses.

You could technically spam crafting to get some specific items (weapons and armors) and that can be the easiest way to get certain living weapons/eternal force stuff. But that's still going to require some dungeon trawling to get the necessary materials. Gain material scrolls aren't that efficient unfortunately.

Stick with what you have and collect as many artifact as possible. Keep a set of "blank" miracle/godly armor for artifact fusion if you're aiming to get there, as a made set can be circumstantially better than what you'll be able to find in the field.
>>
>>15170956
A ragnaroc rock is actually one of the items I've been yearning for. It'd make ragnarok grinding go so much easier since I'd be able to reliably proc it again before killing everything.
>>
>>15185093
It works for me.
Did you put the music folder in the zip file inside of the user/music folder?
Put the music folder from the zip file inside the user folder and overwrite everything in the old folder.
Or just take the contents of the music folder from the zip, paste them into your music folder and overwrite everything.
>>
File: weapons.png (2 MB, 1598x1802) Image search: [Google]
weapons.png
2 MB, 1598x1802
>>15186874
The static artifacts you get from doing the story or from certain named NPCs and bosses are pretty strong. That should be able to equip your character pretty well. I know it did for me.

For pets and maybe yourself, you're going to have to utilize artifact fusion and perhaps get lucky with having your pet create something. Most of the time, your pet will create lackluster or utter abomination equipment however, once in a while, divine inspiration may take hold of your pet and she/he will create something worthwhile. For instance, my pet Akeno made the purple robber gloves in the pic. Pretty cool that she made something with proximity assist which adds some nice damage on top of her normal attacks.

Another source of getting nice items is to open a shop. NPCs will sometimes trade items for the stuff you sell. Check the safe and examine what's in it. You may stumble upon some good stuff or even living weapons. I got a couple of living weapons this way. For weapons, you may want to try your hand at creating them. I'm in the process of building up two living lightsabers for my pet Akeno as a graduation present for reaching about the same power level as my other pet Yuki.

The lightsabers she had been using are the Moonlight and the Cloud of Pearl. The Cloud of Pearl is actually a lightsaber I created using carpentry. The two living light sabers,Moonlight Win and The Stillness, I also created through carpentry. Those living weapons have finished the initial stages of my plans for them. I had to use material kits on them to change their dice to 2d15 as superior scrolls wouldn't work. Specifically, I used ether material kits. One of the ether material kits I think is a reward from a quest. The other ether material kit I got through Garrok.

I had some lousy material kits I wanted to upgrade so I made some superior scrolls, brought my gold medals, and exchanged those three items for a chance to get an Ether material kit. So the lesson here is to store the bad material kits you find in dungeons or buy from that vendor in Larna as you can exchange them hopefully for a good material kit if RNG is nice to you.

Since my lightsabers are made of ether corruption might be a problem but I suppose if it really bothers you you can use an adamantium material kit to remove that problem. Only thing to be aware of is that your damage dice will probably cap out at d14 instead of d15 if you use adamantium since it's not as strong as ether.

I plan on using artifact fusion on the living lightsabers then leveling them so I can cram a lot of stuff onto them. So far my wish list is magic damage, darkness bolt, maybe elemental scar, lightning damage, fire damage,
ice damage, massive damage to gods, massive damage to undead, massive damage to dragons,and maybe the rest into enchantment of weapon Ex: +11 weapon. I guess I'll see how much I can fit on these weapons and go from there. Probably will make adjustments as I go. Since I plan to do for two weapons, I can only imagine how cluttered my log will be with Akeno dual wielding these blades and invokes going off. Should be fun seeing all these numbers fly out. If this proves to be worthwhile I'll probably look into making something similar for my two hand wielder Yuki.
>>
File: living.png (291 KB, 648x433) Image search: [Google]
living.png
291 KB, 648x433
>>15186901
Not that guy, but would this be a good fusion base?
>>
File: Resist.png (370 KB, 801x497) Image search: [Google]
Resist.png
370 KB, 801x497
>>15189205
It's fine. Living weapons are hard enough to come by in the first place, so they're usually worthwhile to keep regardless. The cold resist/spell enhance aren't bad to have on there, and the rest of the weapon can be retrofitted after you finish putting it through artifact fusion. With living weapons it's generally best if you have some sort of goal in mind, for example a weapon that focuses specifically on spell enhance, or a resist based weapon to further up your resistances.

For an example, here's a picture on my test character.
I'm still not finished testing out just how effective the resists work out, but a resist oriented set can get you something similar to this - admittedly it takes a substantial amount of time to get this normally, even if you have a full team of gatherers helping out. The picture in question doesn't have every single piece of gear decked out since I'm still trying to figure out the real difference between class 20+ resist versus class 10- (hence why my sound resist is only class 5, versus class 21 for fire). There's a threshold at some point where "special" side effects from having a high class kicks in, but I don't quite know where just yet.

In this case I'm running a pair of dragonbane spears, both of them living. Out of melee weapons, I greatly prefer living ones over alternatives.
>>
>>15144741
After a quite long pause I want to play again, major stuff I missed since 1.55?
>>
File: FUCK.png (44 KB, 1104x67) Image search: [Google]
FUCK.png
44 KB, 1104x67
jesus fucking christ i can't get this little piece of shit out of here.

He either walks up to a goddamn kobold and dies in one hit or dies on a trap right next to the last set of fucking stairs

I just want my cooler dammit
>>
>>15190269
Don't remember if escape/return scrolls worked, but generally if they don't, either teleport bumrush to the staircase, or just get enough allies that they'll sweep the floor.

That being said, the cooler is really only useful until you get 4D pocket as a spell.
>>
>>15189836
There are the 1.56 and 1.57 changelogs on the wiki.
>>
Is there a way to allign face1.bmp portraits to the right NPCs? I don't know if it's my game or what but nobody has the right portrait aside a bunch of unique NPCs.
>>
>>15189255
Hold on. What's this about "special" side effects? When did this happen?
>>
>>15190737
Assuming hes referring to status effect immunities, or at least a high resistance to them.
>>
>>15190364
That's normal. The game assigns random portraits to npcs (besides unique npcs). It also changes from time to time.
>>
>>15188623
It works on new characters but not on old character for some reason. After tweaking with elona custom for a while, the randomized mp3 option allowed music to play, but not without the option.
>>
>>15191976
Thats a bit strange, I just renamed the old music folder and replaced it with the new one any everything worked fine.
Sounds like you just messed up the music folder in some way.
>>
Tell a newbie how to get through the early game. Also is it possible to create custom partners? By that I mean via character creation and all that.
>>
>>15192169
Post your character sheet or idea of your character. Also post what you're finding difficult. We'll go from there. As for custom partners, there's a way to create custom NPCs but nothing in game like a character creation thing you did for your character. Don't really need to so far as to create a custom NPC imo. Just get any pet and customize the hell out of it. There's plenty of things you can do to a pet ranging from significantly changing it's AI, adding body parts/slots, teaching it new spells and abilities, customizing it's portrait and sprite, and having it learn and build specific skills if you want.
>>
>>15192244
*Don't really need to go so far
>>
>>15192244
>Post your character sheet or idea of your character.
I was thinking of a Jack of All Trades sort of character. Can fight with a sword, can use magic, can heal, all that stuff. Also I want a lot of companions. I'm gonna assume I'm gonna need a lot of charisma as well.
>Also post what you're finding difficult. We'll go from there.
Well two things really. For starters I just feel too weak. I know it's early game and all but just one somewhat strong enemy in a dungeon is bad news for me (seriously FUCK slimes). I don't have any efficient way of farming healing items either. Another problem is obtaining money. Jobs are just too random so I might hit the jackpot and get a lot of money or go for days without a decent job.
>As for custom partners, there's a way to create custom NPCs but nothing in game like a character creation thing you did for your character.
How exactly?
> Don't really need to so far as to create a custom NPC imo. Just get any pet and customize the hell out of it. There's plenty of things you can do to a pet ranging from significantly changing it's AI, adding body parts/slots, teaching it new spells and abilities, customizing it's portrait and sprite, and having it learn and build specific skills if you want.
Well are there various PC races with classes and all you can have as pets? Also can you use genetic engineering and turn something like a dragon into a humanoid? That interests me.

Also one more thing I would like to know is where to get some of the monster girl sprites I see in the mods pastebin. I like monster girls and all, but I don't really like JUST monster girls, ya know? I like normal monsters and monster girls.
>>
>>15192315
Oh now that I mention it, I noticed in PC you can't actually change the actual sprite into something else, just edit it a bit. It seems kind of weird to me how golems look like normal humans.
>>
>>15192342
You can replace the sprite entirely to a custom one.

See here for more details:
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Custom_NPC_sprite

Here's a good site to get custom sprites (you'll have to dig through it manually though...)

http://www.elonaup.x0.com/sozai/

>>15192315

For jobs, try to keep one copy of each request quest item in your inventory that can be obtained through general store.

Just check the general store occasionally and buy one of each of the following if they show up:

Mana crystal / Earth crystal / Sun crystal, Precious ores (Emerald, rubinius, etc... might be too expensive at the start), junk stone, etc..

Some other common quest items can be looted randomly in the wilderness (like Laundry, garbage, etc).

Head off to Yowyn and learn the Gardening skill from the trainer there. Then start taking on harvest quests (there's a shittonne of those in Yowyn). You'll fail the first few, but your Gardening skill will level up and soon it will become a steady source of income.

Don't worry about dungeon crawling until you get a full set (or close to anyway) of gear so you can tank a bit more. You can enter and exit puppy cave repeatedly to look for items - just don't fight anything and don't stray too far from the staircase.
>>
>>15192315
Also, you can make custom pets by creating a custom NPC then capturing it (same way you would obtain regular pets in the game) to make it a pet.

See the following:
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Custom_NPC
https://forum-elona.rhcloud.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3236
>>
>>15192315
Sounds like you want a warmage + (any race) or a Eulderna + (warrior/claymore/thief) character. Slimes, especially the acid kind, should be handled with a range weapon, rods, or magic.

Your main focus starting out is getting gold not doing quests. Surprising I know, but you're better off doing this than joining the rest of the people that die by the droves in the puppy caves or the mines. Those quests aren't going anywhere so put them on hold for now.

To get gold, look into doing escort quests which take one NPC from one location to another. Only do ones initially that are short in traveling. These escort quests get a whole lot easier if you can get your hands on a seven league boots. You can get one by wishing for one so do that as your first wish. Use the gold you make to buy yourself some decent equipment. Glass equipment for its speed might be useful. Once you're properly geared you can branch out and start doing hunting quests and maybe look into selling cargo.

By doing these quests you should be making gold and getting some platinum coins. Use the platinum coins to buy skills you don't have from trainers. I'd recommend getting the skills off the trainer in Yowyn the farming village. Once you have those skills start doing the harvest quests. Those quests will help you build your attributes. Also mine out your home, knock down every wall in your cave, for constitution gains. Have the mining skill before you do this. Use future platinum to learn new skills or to maintain their potential. 400 is ideal.

After you have some gear, gained some attributes, and have some money to pay for food, you can start doing those quests you put off earlier. Around this time start looking into saving up money for a larger house. Palace is ideal but go for what you want. After you get your new house fill it with magic vendors and start investing in them and the other magic vendors you see in towns. Shop level 150 should be good enough to start seeing potions of potential for sale to restore attribute potential. You can also create potions of potential through alchemy if you have enough materials and high enough alchemy.

Custom NPCs I think require you to edit an Elona file or two. There might be something in the pastebin or another anon can explain better how it works. As for just customizing a pet, all pets have a character sheet just like your character and have their own classes and race. Just find a pet that matches the race and or class you want. You can use genetic engineering to add arms, heads, or whatever you need if you have to. For your example of a dragon humanoid just make a dragon your pet(Use a monster ball, dominate spell, or dominate rod for this) and give it a humanoid sprite. From there just play with the body part slots if you have to with gene engineering.

For sprites you can go to pixiv or here
http://www.elonaup.x0.com/sozai/index.htm

Do your own search for your sprites or create them yourself using some sort of paint program. Don't be lazy. If you have to rummage through 50 pages of that upload so be it.
>>
>>15192442
As a slight twist on what he said don't buy those items. You currently should be (imo) rolling around puppy cave. You can find all of those items there. While in there try and look for equipment that has at least 4# of resist. If you pick up/make lots of lesser change mat. scrolls you can bless a stack of them and use them to roll good materials for your gear.
One other thing I feel that's worth noting is that The Mines and Robber's Hideout (both in Vernis) don't reset so once you've cleared them you can use them to store lots of stuff.
>>
>>15192500
By quests I mean don't do the story or misc quests to start with. Stick to the stuff on the town boards.
>>
Whoa didn't expect to get so many replies. Thanks for the advice guys. I just have a couple more questions though. First of all how does potential work? I understand the higher the better, but I'm not sure how to raise it other than through skill training. Secondly can you change your pet's name and possibly the race as well? Finally is it worth hiring adventurers at all?
>>
File: Updated Pet Picsmaller.jpg (3 MB, 2154x2549) Image search: [Google]
Updated Pet Picsmaller.jpg
3 MB, 2154x2549
>>15192616
>name
'i'nteract with them and just input the name in the appropriate field. For a race change, you can only do so cosmetically with a philospher's stone mask. You can get these either a) when you find the recipe and are able to craft them with a pot of fusion or b) wishing.

Pet races really, really aren't important. Neither are PC races. The only thing that matters is their INI or their bitflags. Not even then, mind. You can burn through the game with any pet you like as long as you properly invest in them.
Pick whichever create you think is interesting and get to work.

>First of all how does potential work?

I could be wrong but here goes:

Assume use of skill a grants x exp. I think potential adds a multiplier equal to 1.x-4.0 to the exp gained by the skill's use. Skills can level up for a variety of effects, also most actions including spell casting grant exp.

Spells level with sleep, the trainer in cities can grant you a small boost through the use of platinum coins gained from quests. Attribute potential is gained from drinking blessed/unblessed potions of potential. It's a waste to drink unbless potions though so don't.

Pets are pretty fucking strong in general so I have never found the need to hire adventurers desu.

pic related of a little girl, dragon child and bear.

Old pic but I haven't played E+ in a while.
>>
>>15192616
Main way to raise potential is to talk to the trainer and pay platinum.

Since you should be spending your early game platinum on gaining new skills from the trainers, you won't be doing this for some time.

Your first priority for potential should be to go down to Derphy, buy a Rogue Wizard from the slavemaster (I think your Player Character needs to be higher than level 7 or 8 or something before Rogue Wizard will start to show up at the slave trader), and fuse it to your little girl with Gene Engineering so she can learn cooking. (Oh, you'll need to actually get the Gene Engineering skill and machine from the Port Kapul scientist quest first)

Once your pet has cooking, every time you go to bed and wake up between 6-11 am (roughly), you will automatically get a breakfast event which slightly raises potentials.

This won't completely prevent your potentials from falling (since you'll be leveling up skills so fast, which reduces potential on every level up) but it will certainly help.
>>
>>15192616
Hiring adventurers is really expensive and usually not worthwhile.
If you raise their intimacy enough (with gifts, for example, which you will have access to later on) you can just outright recruit them as a pet.

To add on to >>15192661,

Pets gain something like 3x (4x??) the effect from foods. So if you feed them some good food their stats skyrocket.
>>
I'm having trouble editing item sheet.
Items added through user/graphics always appear with black borders around them.
Is there a workaround for this?
>>
Can I add custom music? I want to make my home a gambling palace with this playing in the background:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LCm6tXCLbE
>>
File: Pufon.png (2 MB, 1367x1160) Image search: [Google]
Pufon.png
2 MB, 1367x1160
What do you think?
>>
>>15193740
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Custom_music by the looks of it there's a line for mcHome so maybe. You will have to experiment.

>>15193455
Can you post a picture of the problem?
>>
>>15193953
Looks good so far.
>>
File: Ee5BiuG.png (13 KB, 114x109) Image search: [Google]
Ee5BiuG.png
13 KB, 114x109
>>15193979
Here.
>>
>>15193999
Have you tried giving them a background color used by other things in the game or associated with transparency? Such as black, aquamarine, hot pink.
Hope that helps.
>>
>>15194074
Seems to have worked now after it was repainted black.
>>
>>15193999
Looks like you saved the item file as a jpg and the jpg artifacts are fucking transparency up.
>>
>>15192688
The main problem with adventurers is that most of the time they have no bitflags at all, they have terrible stats for their level range, and their equipment is only mediocre at higher levels. They're only good if you're going for stylistic characters where you put in companion limitations for some reason.
>>
>>15177539
What about the empowered spells is not transparent? It's a 25% boost to the dice sides of elemental spells. The number after the d in other words. Sounds pretty good to me. If spells were originally d50 it's now d62. Only gets better as your dice grows.

I wouldn't say that's the main selling point to stay with Itzpalt though. The empower spells thing is a feat you get by using Itzpalt's reward item. Feat should stay with you if you switch gods. His main selling point to stay with him for the long run is absorb magic and the bonus to magic, which you should read as bonus spell damage, he offers. I shudder to think of long term Itzpalt mages that leave him considering they may see their spell damage drop due to losing that bonus magic.

Think the bonus spell damage based on resists is a myth. I have no idea how that even got started as I haven't run into anything in the game mentioning this was going on.

I have no idea why everyone gravitated to Kumiromi as well. I have nothing against him it's just I expected to see worship more spread out even before the Kumiromi nerf.
>>
>>15195634
Probably because there's a wide spectrum as far as how far people get in the game, and back then Kumiromi's stamina buff/learning buff was a substantial factor for the entire length of the game. Some of the other gods only start to shine after an extensive amount of effort whereas Kumiromi can be seen as helpful all throughout.

It's like if a person only plays a character up to the end of the first act. The benefits from a god like Itzpalt just isn't as apparent at those levels.
>>
相手のゴールにシュゥー!

http://www1.axfc.net/u/3662046.zip

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:22134
>>
>>15196155
Wow, hiding special actions.
It is true that going through the list is annoying.
But now we need the same for spells, because it's as annoying.
>>
It's impossible to wish for a super lure, right?
>>
>>15196155
>Each of the distance multipliers gets +05 to it, and when attacking the pierce will increase to 70%.

Stone modifiers
>06-10-07-04

This is a pretty wild buff.

I was hoping the soup was a bit more customizable desu. I wish the soup would have reduced height/weight more when cursed and the opposite when blessed.
>>
>>15196511
Yes. Has to be generated.
>>
Does blessing Statues of Kumiromi do anything? I have eight of them already so it would cost a fair bit to bless them all, so I'd like to know if there's a reason to do it.
>>
>>15197164
Cost a fair bit to bless them? What? Surely if you've managed to get 8 of them you have at least one bottle of water. Just stack them.
>>
>>15197661
I was just curious if it did anything.
>>
>>15197703
I tested in Wizard Mode and didn't see any difference. Got 100 unknown seeds, 77 artifact seeds, and 72 herb seeds.
>>
>>15196155
Cool, two new bows were introduced. Hope they're good.
>>
File: ATATATATA.gif (747 KB, 500x276) Image search: [Google]
ATATATATA.gif
747 KB, 500x276
Can you go ATATATATA yet? I haven't kept up with Elona for a long time.
>>
>>15199165
Finally something other than gay gun wankering
>>
>>15199295
Are you that anon that hates Yerles too? Not their fault that they're dedicated to researching and developing new guns while primitives haven't advanced from beating each other with sticks and using shoddy bows.
>>
>>15199295
Guess you won't be happy that they actually buffed magic ammo for them. It now always causes crits.
>>
I honestly never had much of a reason to use anything except a gun. Hell, even though I have an Arbalest and the Flash Crossbow, I just handed them over to my pet because guns are just so much stronger.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.