[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sentai, Kamen Rider, Heroes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: forever red.gif (974 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
forever red.gif
974 KB, 500x375
I've always liked armored transforming heroes. But the only series I really watched were the early western ranger ports. There's so much sentai and Rider movies and shows now, I really don't know where to start.

Are the old ones worth watching? are there any films that are good to watch independently? my favorite rangers series that I did see was galaxy.
>>
>>14821165
>I really don't know where to start
Best place to start is whatever looks interesting. Nearly all of them are completely self contained. You can check this out for Kamen Rider. http://kamenriderguide.weebly.com/ And for a list of what's been subbed and by whom http://tokusubs.wikia.com/wiki/Tokusubs_Wiki

And there's also a new sentai series with two episodes out so far you can try. It's called Zyuohger. http://over-ti.me/releases/zyuohger/

>Are the old ones worth watching?
Yes.

>are there any films that are good to watch independently?
Yeah some. Check out ZO and J. Here's J on Blu-Ray.
https://mega.nz/#!TF1mCSTb!jzuLIS6CQsBCjAY-uLdnVvRvJCDUy2X0nhcWQDHwGUs

>my favorite rangers series that I did see was galaxy.
Check out Gingaman. It's the japanese version and is very good and completely subbed.

Know that TVN isn't considered a very good group especially their older works. If there is another option for subs try that instead.

Also here are some of my personal Kamen Rider and Super Sentai reccomendations: Go-Busters, Drive, Shinkenger, Kabuto, Kuuga, and Carranger.

You might also want to try out Ultraman. There are a couple series up on crunchyroll you can try out. ecently concluded Ultraman X series is a good start and where I started as well. Nexus and Max are cool too.

Also Toku is usually posted on /m/. But there's a bunch of shitposting regarding wether toku is /m/ or not. And the toku generals are pretty shit so I wouldn't stay there for too long.
>>
>>14821479
Thanks anon, I really appreciate it.
>>
>>14821526
Just go to /m/, don't be afraid of shitposts. As bad as people told, it's nowhere near the level of /v/
>>
File: metal heroes group.jpg (324 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
metal heroes group.jpg
324 KB, 1024x768
>>14821165
>I've always liked armored transforming heroes. But the only series I really watched were the early western ranger ports. There's so much sentai and Rider movies and shows now, I really don't know where to start.
You're doing it WRONG, nigga. Metal heroes is the better path for you, anon. Original sentai and KR, specially if you watched Power Rangers, only later.

Choose the metal hero with the best theme you like (space cops, ninja, robot police, rescue heroes...) and give it a try.

It's not that hard.
>>
>>14821955
I could try both?
>>
File: jiraiya+jiban.jpg (259 KB, 1024x384) Image search: [Google]
jiraiya+jiban.jpg
259 KB, 1024x384
>>14821955
Of course.

If you just want to KNOW some franchise, download the ep.1 of each one and watch. I'll have a good overall: character type, the conflict, the enemie, the mech, the basic scenario and part of the soundtrack. You can do it in 1-2 days. So, start the show you liked more and give it a try to the end.

About sentai, no trouble. About metal heroes, take a look before if some show is part of a trilogy... Some of them are, some of them, are not. Some thing about Kamen Rider.

When I was a kid, I watched 1 sentai, 1 metal hero and 1 kamen rider at the same time. Nowadays with internet, you can watch and swap series easily.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.