[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is mobile gaming so big in Japan? You would think that otaku
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1428088965677.png (39 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1428088965677.png
39 KB, 300x300
Why is mobile gaming so big in Japan?

You would think that otaku who sit in their room all day and don't interact with other people would play their games on the PC or their console instead of their mobile. So what is the reason for Japan's recent mobile gaming obsession?

I hate mobile gaming, please don't do this to me Japan. I really don't want all the next big games to be some shitty browser games.
>>
File: 1391835450507.png (201 KB, 1239x712) Image search: [Google]
1391835450507.png
201 KB, 1239x712
>>14462267
>>
File: 001fgo.jpg (360 KB, 1400x1347) Image search: [Google]
001fgo.jpg
360 KB, 1400x1347
Nasu: I'm not even sure if PC games will be able to survive this next decade. It feels like the cold war of the PC Game age may be coming. However, I hope that we at TYPE-MOON can survive in the PC game world. Because you know what? It's fun to make PC games.

Takeuchi: Entertainment has really changed over this past decade, and PC novel games will no longer be demanded as they previously were. The reason we originally started making bishojo games in that period is because that's when they were the most interesting. I think the core of TYPE-MOON is to always search for what seems the most interesting to us. And I hope that, while keeping in mind true substance and the true meaning behind game stores, we can continue to provide entertainment to our fans.
>>
>>14462267
Normies play mobile games.
>>
I'm currently playing FGO and CGSS. I'm also excited about KC going mobile so I can turn my expeditions from anywhere. Is granblue any good? The anime fgc seems to like it but I'm not really interested in another fantasy gacha rpg
>>
The extent of PC gaming in Japan is low spec Touhou, doujin and eroge. Bottom line, it's never traditionally been used for gaming outside that. Tell someone you're a PC gamer and they'll just assume you really jerking off to eroge. Because of that mobile and consoles/handhelds get the attention of major studios with the PC left to the above.
>>
>>14462807
Also MMO and foreign games, I thought
>>
>>14462267
Believe it or not, not everyone in Japan is a NEET. Mobile games are sometimes better than handhelds games while you're on a very short public transit ride to and from school/work. It's not like companies would go and ignore Japanese otaku though, they make too much money from them. So you don't have to worry about big, actual games going anyway anytime soon.
>>
>>14462267
Because the majority of Japanese aren't actually... NEETs?

Don't take your anger out on something you're too young to understand or own. Adults simply don't pull out a PC, laptop, console, handheld to play a game from savepoint to savepoint unless it's their day off or if it's their job.

You've been told over at news outlets, and you're going to be told here: Mobile is the future.
If you want more console releases, actually support it with your wallet.

If you're still thinking that mobile games equates to browser games, you're either been living under a rock or is just mad that your "friends" are all growing up and playing phone games because they no longer have time to play with you.
>>
>>14462905
Nice baits.

But you may be right about the Japanese not having time to play big games despite having low amount of children, free time doesn't seem very high value in that work-focused society.
>>
>>14462267
commuting times
>>
People keep saying that mobile is the future, but I've ripped off a couple of old, popular arcade games and put them on the Play Store, and I have, like, 500 downloads and I'm broke as shit. Mobile is dead.
>>
>>14462905
>Adults simply don't pull out a PC, laptop, console, handheld to play a game from savepoint to savepoint unless it's their day off or if it's their job.

Speak for yourself, 8 hours of working, 7 hours of sleeping leaves me 9 hours to do whatever the fuck I want.
>>
>>14462267
Can you put games on a cell phone? Yes.

Do Japanese people own cell phones? Yes.

Next!
>>
Smart phones became popular enough to overwhelm handheld consoles (which were actually pretty popular even among non-gamers), mostly thanks to general population being as fuckhuge as it is and getting easily satisfied with simple block puzzles and unoriginal RPGs.
That being said, I still find it absurd to see at least five crappy mobage CMs for every console game CM while watching popular variety shows from various time slots.

>>14465691
>commuting
>juku
>work related obligations
>housework
>>
>>14466500
Okay, juku doesn't apply for adults, but the point that elevens are too busy doing pointless shit to actually enjoy things still applies.
>>
>>14466500
Commuting and housework are the only two relevant things there. Juku has been dealt with and 'work-related obligations' is constantly overblown. Go to any business district in Tokyo between 6pm and 7pm on a weekday and see just how many office workers seem to lack any 'work-related obligations'.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.