[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any of you ever experienced the feeling where the reply that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: 1460442501327.png (145 KB, 697x498) Image search: [Google]
1460442501327.png
145 KB, 697x498
Any of you ever experienced the feeling where the reply that naturally comes to mind is partially or completely in Japanese, but then it doesn't sound the way you want it to in English, and then you just never make the post?

Do any of you ever start making a thread, and then decide not through halfway through writing the OP because the premise of the OP was idiotic?
>>
File: 1222128786759.jpg (240 KB, 719x999) Image search: [Google]
1222128786759.jpg
240 KB, 719x999
>>15506534
>Do any of you ever start making a thread, and then decide not through halfway through writing the OP because the premise of the OP was idiotic?

Can this be a thread about thread topics you didn't make because they were dumb or you didn't want to waste a thread making slot or couldn't think of a good OP even if it was dumb?

Pic related. I've been trying to think of a relatively on-topic thread to use this image for, for like a week. The best I came up with was something like "Post textbooks from the University of /jp/."
>>
>Do any of you ever start making a thread, and then decide not through halfway through writing the OP because the premise of the OP was idiotic?

I feel like that half the time I post. I write, only to come to the conclusion that I don't really care enough about the topic to post. Not to mention most people probably don't care about whatever is I'm writing either. So I don't.
>>
>>15506711
I also wanted to make a "Which Touhou's nails would you manicure" thread, making fun of the characters with "hooker nails", as some people call them, like Chen and Mystia.
>>
I wanted to make a thread last week in response to /a/'s orchestra thing.
I was going to try and herd other /jp/sies into making some sort of parody of that, but I don't know of any /jp/-related ways to do it.
Is there an online music maker thing anywhere?
>>
>>15506711
Coming up with good thread ideas is a pain. Every now and then I run into the opposite problem, where I think of a topic and then can't come up with any picture that would be both appropriate and attractive. And then the thread doesn't get made for a few weeks.

>>15506732
We could perform, sing, or Vocaloid somethig /jp/-related. Assembling the final musical work takes effort and some skill, though.

Tragically, /jp/ seems to lack most both of the time.
>>
It can't be helped.
>>
>>15506732
>Is there an online music maker thing anywhere?
Use vocaloid and some DAW and put it to some MMD video.

>/a/'s orchestra thing.
What is that? Something dumb?

>>15506743
>can't come up with any picture that would be both appropriate and attractive.
Just use any random worksafe Touhou image. If your thread is honestly on topic it doesn't matter what the OP is of.
>>
>>15506743
Yeah, that's why I was thinking of something simple and silly. Nothing with real instruments or singing, not just because I don't expect people to have mics (I certainly don't) but because it's not supposed to be serious.
I was leaning towards something like Mario Paint, even, but I think it still takes effort and knowledge to mimic music unless ZUN/various VN composers/etc have sheet music out there to download.

>>15506765
>What is that? Something dumb?
/a/ has some band geeks in them and I don't know if they all met together if they just spliced stuff together but it's this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynux46-MhSY
>>
>>15507255
What would /jp/ do? VN themes? Touhou remixes? Im@s songs?

You can try and do it under a guise of a third /jp/ album.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7vymrf03krqs545/xMtFnbHOQo The third one failed, so it'd be like 3 or 3.1 I guess.
>>
>>15507329
I guess something like that. That just seems so serious, however.
Then again, maybe music is something you can't do halfway. What is the MS Paint drawing of music? That's what /jp/ needs.
>>
>>15507343
>What is the MS Paint drawing of music?
Like, Mario Paint.

>That's what /jp/ needs.
Yeah, someone should make Mario Paint's music maker mode but use samples of girls going UU~UU!, Uu! Uu!, Hau, Nipah, Mii, Desu, Nano, Da Ze, Uguu, and stuff like that instead of the cat and dog sounds, and then people make music with those.
>>
>>15507375
>>15507343
Something like this basically.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HLcQvbU2wE
>>
>>15506534
我有病,帮帮我吧
>>
Can you do it better than [s4s]?
https://esfores.bandcamp.com/
>>
File: 1440002724166.jpg (43 KB, 358x594) Image search: [Google]
1440002724166.jpg
43 KB, 358x594
>>15508117
What the hell, this is fucking awesome.
The Deleted by Nintendo album is great.
>>
I think the best thing you could do is just to post that thread no matter how shitty you think it is because I absolutely hate seeing months old threads on the front page. I liked it when there were a lot of new threads every day even if they didn't get more than 10 replies.

>>15507343
I'd sign up.
>>
>>15508176
>I absolutely hate seeing months old threads on the front page
This may not be the board for you.

>I liked it when there were a lot of new threads every day even if they didn't get more than 10 replies.
So the shitposty era of /jp/ instead of the early easy times.
>>
>>15508253
>This may not be the board for you.
Not as it is now. I just come here for a few threads once in a while.

>So the shitposty era of /jp/ instead of the early easy times.
I do not know what early easy times you are talking about because those "shitty" posts are what /jp/ always used to be. We may have a different definition of shitty though.
>>
>>15508330
/jp/ was only ever fast during shitposty eras.
>>
>>15508356
I'm just curious what you consider "early easy times" and good threads. Could you please link a thread, perhaps?
>>
>>15508374
I'm saying threads lasting months is nothing new. If you hate that sort of thing, you must cherish the times when this board was flooded and then had like half the pages deleted away.
>>
>>15508398
>I'm saying threads lasting months is nothing new.
It sort of is, yes. I mean for a while we just had one idolmaster autist who would bump his thread daily but now theres another autist who continually bump old threads with inane garbage. Then there's that monster girl poster who uses those old touhou threads to slide his general off faster when he wants a new one.
>>
>>15508398
Well, now that you've mentioned that, it's true. There was always a fag that bumped some thread that was about to die repeatedly until it hit bump limit, but it wasn't that noticeable since there were always new threads. Good threads died relatively fast since there was always someone interested.
>>
>>15508411
>>15508430
I probably did the opposite and just ignored any thread that wasn't about actual, on topic material so a constant stream of pointless threads didn't make an impression on me.
>>
>>15507384
Great idea, anon! I'll have to look into this.
I have such fond memories of Mario Paint.
>>
>>15511755
Memes and stupid derivative humor are arguably both on-topic and pointless and we used to have a lot more of those.

(We also used to have more topics, but that's another kettle of fish.)
>>
>>15512166
>kettle of fish
Very interesting. I've never heard that term before.
>>
>>15512166
Well, there's /s4s/ if you want to indulge in memes nowadays. Too much of /jp/'s idea of memes was posting the same stupid threads over and over instead of replying to posts with somewhat relevant memes.
>>
>>15512489
The only kind of meme that I like are those ones that appear naturally and don't last very long, unlike the forced trash that comes of from /s4s/.
>>
>>15506534
When I'm talking in Czech it happens to me nonstop, but with English.

I would love if it happened in Japanese, but I don't have the discipline to learn the language, I would be the happiest person ever if I somehow managed to learn it, but I'm a lazy, lazy man.
I stopped after I learned Kana, Hiragana and basic grammar, Kanjis were too hard regarding the readings and I couldn't get anki decks to work as intended and or I didn't understand how they're supposed to work.
Sorry, I needed to get this blog out.
>>
>>15513316
Like what, movie quotes?
>>
>>15512180
>I've never heard that term before
It's common enough in Australia and England.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.