[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IN = bad taste
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: onlygoodthingfromIN.png (419 KB, 500x417) Image search: [Google]
onlygoodthingfromIN.png
419 KB, 500x417
How does a soundtrack become so overrated?
>>
Two posts and the thread already reeks of /v/
>>
>>15446931
Well, to be fair, you smell like semen.
>>
OP has bad taste
>>
>>15446875
IN has the best characters, TD has the best soundtrack.
>>
Imperishable Night is overrated in every category. For many players, it was their first Touhou game; for others, only the 'classic' games count, and IN was the best among those; for yet others, it's just a matter of hopping on a bandwagon. Whatever the reason, tons of people will defend IN to the death, and delude themselves into thinking that it's the best at absolutely everything.

Personally, I don't think it had more than the usual amount of good music, but the themes that are good are really good.
>>
>>15446875
Be more specific, will ya? What IN songs do you like and hate most and why?

IN has Immortal Smoke, which is overrated as fuck despite being bland (9 bars repeated ad nauseum with some chaotic long-ass bridges between them), but I find that it has much more good than bad (Song of the Night Sparrow is very underrated and I've yet to find someone not liking Plain Asia, Imperishable Night, LCMS, Kagome or Lunatic Princess), and it brought some sweet guitar to the table. Even if MoF in my opinion beats it clean (considering that game has *no* weak themes aside from maybe Dark Side of Fate).
>>
>>15447489
>Dark Side of Fate
>weak
The fuck? That song is really good. Maybe you are confusing with Nitori's theme or the second Aya theme.
>>
Always good to have another of the hundred "Overrated" threads that have been discussed ad nauseam here

Bring up EoSD and PCB next
>>
>>15447507
Candid Friend has too much wonderful zunpets (and a worthy arrange in ULiL) for me to possibly hate and Mysterious Mountain goes from some approrpriate folk feel to an intense zunpet climax, so I don't think that's the case for either of them.

Not that I *hate* Dark Side of Fate, just that there isn't really much going for it aside form piano speed.
>>
>>15447508
Weirdly enough, meido deleted a post of me being a faggot, but the one where I'm being gay is still up.
Maybe she's got the hots for me?
>>
>>15446875

I believe it's the "top" Touhou game.
I believe it owns a nice mix of classic ZUNpets, wacky pianos, and strong percussions.
The atmosphere was great.
everyone likes bunnies.

Personally, I enjoy their stage tunes, I'm talking about favourites like Illusionary Night ~ Ghostly Eyes, Song of the Night Sparrow... then the Nostalgic one...
Recently, I came to finally praise Kagome Kagome as the gorgeous track it is...
IN has that one track I can call a top favourite: Voyage 1970. Its counterpart, 1969, has beautiful chorus that somehow sometimes brings me a few tears.
Then there is Reimu's theme. I enjoy the piano. Its intro it's so upbeat and cute.
...and Reisen's doesn't stand back.
There is Eirin's too. Even tough I don't honestly play it, neither know that much, I know it's majestic.

...I don't give a crap about Mokou's (yes, it makes me tired to see hundreds and hundreds of remixes... It's that one that can annoy me)
>>
>>15447580
Nah mate, candid friend is extremely passive and doesn't even has a build up, it wouldn't be so plain if it wasn't supossed to be a boss theme.

>there isn't really much going for it aside from piqno speed.

lmao. Dark side of fate has a buildup and a climax that culminates with the boss theme using a sound a like motif. Something that candid friend and mysterious mountain don't have. Just because a song has zunpets doesn't automatically makes it good.
>>
>>15446875
IN is the ultimate Touhou game. Best gimmicks, best scoring system that also influences the game, has the largest difficulty span, and one of the best soundtracks. If you don't like IN, you don't like Touhou. The end.
>>
>>15448714
But IN is casual as fuck and its deathbombing gimmick can cripple any newcomer.
>>
>>15448714
lol
>>
>>15448719
Yeah, the deathbombing is the weakest part and was completely unnecessary. That doesn't make the game bad. It's not as useless as the Ufo or Trance gimmick
>>
>>15448739
In which way are UFO's useless?
>>
>>15448745
It's fucking with your dodge timing and exposes the player to an unnecessarily big risk due to the timed aspect of the ufo without being rewarding enough for the risk taken.
>>
>>15448755
Getting 2 life pieces, one bomb and 1 bomb piece, or potentially a lot of score is pretty rewarding, dude. Not to mention rainbow ufos, and screen clear for killing any ufo. If you route out the game you're not really putting yourself at that much risk grabbing most ufos too.
>>
>>15448755
????????????

Your dodge timing? I asked how are UFO's useless not why you suck at collecting UFO's. UFO's are useful for both scoring and survival.

Also:
>exposes the player to an unnecessarily big risk
Collecting UFO's is easy as all hell, the things never reach the bottom of the screen and you get a free clear screen after popping one. That's not even mentioning that you don't even need half of the UFO's in the entire game to get enough resources to clear the game.
>>
File: 1442935096547.png (68 KB, 274x234) Image search: [Google]
1442935096547.png
68 KB, 274x234
Bullying other people for their silly uninformed opinions on Touhou games is fun
>>
>>15448755
I guess I can understand what you mean, UFOs perturb the vanilla shmup flavour.
I'm for more conservative gimmicks, too, but I thought UFOs are really well done in that busting one of those is always rewarding to some extend, like the others have pointed out.
Especially when you're starting to plan your runs, you'll notice that they're actually kind of op; UFO really throws a lot of stuff in your direction if you know how to handle them well.
I agree with TD's Trance, though. It's "press button at this part to get score and pickups", and getting a miss in at the wring part can royally screw your whole run. It's not fun.
>>
>extend
Typo not intend, pun all the more so,
>>
>>15447166
WHAT THE FUCK? ARE YOU JOKING?
It's literally ZUN's downfall point, stop this ironic shitposting at once!
>>
Zun's music overall is pretty overrated. I've played plenty of touhou and the songs that always stuck with me were the remixes from the fighting games, which are a lot catchier than Zun's originals, but even then they aren't that great.
The only think I remember about EOSD music is how lame Cirno's theme is and I don't remember anything from PCB.
Mytia's theme has a great intro but then quickly goes to shit and from PFOV I only remember liking Sakuya's theme somewhat.
Aya in MOF suffers from the same thing as Mystia while stage 6 has decent stage and boss music.
SA and UFO are just plain and unmemorable, I have a hard time recalling anything from them - with the exception of Heian Alien, which is a decent Fladre theme remix.
TD has Seiga's theme, which is as close as Zun ever got to making a good song.
Wakasagihime has a good intro riff before it goes to shit. Kagerou and Final Boss have their moments. LOLK stage 3 music and Clownpiece theme are somewhat nice.
That's about it. Stuff not mentioned here is just dull and I can't remember it unless I'm replaying said game.
>>
I want /v/ and its contrarian mentality to leave.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.