[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does Marisa hates her dad so much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: 1987262.jpg (2 MB, 5000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1987262.jpg
2 MB, 5000x2000
Why does Marisa hates her dad so much?
>>
She was raped
>>
>>15437353
>At worst, they might even steal children (*4).
>4: Sometimes the children become the magicians' apprentices .

From PMiSS, my theory is that Mima abducted her when still a child and became a rebel baddie that even dyed her hair red. Even after becoming part of the good guys her family never approved her magician ways.

That's just speculation though.
>>
File: 0.png (242 KB, 700x800) Image search: [Google]
0.png
242 KB, 700x800
>>15437353
She wanted to follow too close to her mother, and we all know what happens to those who cross the Hakurei, as could happen someday.
>>
>>15437371
>Mima

Not canon.
>>
>>15437353
>...Her family runs the sizable "Kirisame Shop" in the Human Village, but for whatever reason she cut ties with them and lives alone in the Forest of Magic. One reason seems to be that she's a magician and the Kirisame Shop doesn't deal in magical items, but no particularly deep reason has ever been given...

The Kirisame shop doesn't deal in magic, Marisa does. She went against the family's business and beliefs.

I don't know if she explicitly hates him. Though she tries to hide it I think she seemed relieved to hear how he's doing from Rinnosuke in CoLA.
>>
>>15437601
Please tell me you are kidding with this right now.
>>
>>15437553
Gimme proof, Sugar tits.
>>
>>15437553
Fuck off secondary.
>>
File: 1451290207587.jpg (225 KB, 600x837) Image search: [Google]
1451290207587.jpg
225 KB, 600x837
>>15437353
I don't think she hates her father that much. If anything, she fears him rejecting her for her magician lifestyle, and as such keeps her distance from him.
Well, actually, I guess it's probably more likely that her father expected her to marry, so that she and her husband could take over the family business. She wanted no part of that, and ended up leaving over it.
Maybe, I dunno, that's just a guess on my part. I doubt he abused her, at any rate, since she doesn't seem to have any trust issues with men.
>>
>>15437353
I'd assume it's because he wanted her to take over the family business and to stay away from magic. Marisa dislikes being tied to authority or forced to act in a particular way, and takes a lot of pride in being a self-made woman.

I forget whether Marisa's mother is still alive. Maybe she used to dabble in magic, and Marisa wanted to be just like her, but then she died in a magic-related accident.
>>
>>15437905
>Well, actually, I guess it's probably more likely that her father expected her to marry, so that she and her husband could take over the family business. She wanted no part of that, and ended up leaving over it.
Also this: marriage. Marisa seems like someone who'd be terrified by that level of commitment, even if she genuinely liked the other person.
>>
Marisa a true vagabond, living on her own since she was young!
>>
>>15437371
>>15437373
Do you think Mima was a good mother figure?
>>
File: Witch Training.jpg (561 KB, 1000x599) Image search: [Google]
Witch Training.jpg
561 KB, 1000x599
>>15439069
I like to think she was a tough, but good teacher.
>>
File: 1426618401698fixed.jpg (528 KB, 2480x3507) Image search: [Google]
1426618401698fixed.jpg
528 KB, 2480x3507
How do I meat girls like Marisa irl?
>>
>>15437553
There's no information in any of the Windows games that states "mima never existed", or anything even tangentially related to that.
So, no. Mima still potentially exists, along with all of Makai.
>>
File: FS_Jinyou.jpg (124 KB, 653x520) Image search: [Google]
FS_Jinyou.jpg
124 KB, 653x520
>>15452969
That makes no sense. If she doesn't exist, then the Windows games can't talk about her. Talking about her in the Windows games would mean she exists there. That's like claiming Marisa is a robot because the games never said she wasn't.

Also, Mima is a humanoid vengeful spirit who PC-98 Reimu was friends with. We do have information on how Windows Reimu interacts with humanoid vengeful spirits.
>>
>>15453851
His crime was not being a vengeful spirit, his crime was being a human villager who chose to become a youkai.

Mima has been noted in Zun's commentary on one of the music albums. He knows she exists he just doesn't use her for whatever reason.
>>
>>15448442
There are no girls like Marisa irl.
>>
>>15453851

ZUN stated clearly at AWA2013 that everything within PC-98 universe applies unless something in later games overrides it. All characters just didn't show up during an incident ever since.
>>
>>15448442
You don't need to look far, every girl has daddy issues.
>>
>>15456393
Wait, is there somewhere specifically where I can read/hear that, or is that a purely word-of-mouth thing?
>>
>>15457622
https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,15508.msg1025627.html#msg1025627

>Q: Are the PC-98 games separate canonically from the Windows series?
>A: It’s the same world, and ZUN realizes there are contradictions. He then tells us to refer to the most recent games for canon.

This transcript sucks though. A lot of paraphrasing. I don't know if there are any better ones out there.
>>
>>15453900
>He knows she exists he just doesn't use her for whatever reason
Not putting her in the setting is exactly the same as her not existing in the setting. Many people don't seem to get how the setting becomes established.

ZUN acknowledges that she was a character that he had used long ago, but that doesn't mean anything. Mima isn't used largely because her established character in PC-98, her relations with the Hakurei Shrine, Reimu, and Marisa (likely especially Marisa), are all things that don't fit with the modern setting. She didn't have a place in the direction ZUN wanted to take the series, and that's really something significant, considering she was one of the most commonly used characters at the time.

>>15456393
He does not say "everything in PC-98 applies unless contradicted"; that is reading too much into it. ZUN's formal way of addressing continuity concerns has always been "look to the most recent works" because he doesn't want to ever explicitly say no. ZUN rarely talks about Touhou's setting in a concrete declarative way when talking, like "these are the facts and you must adhere to them". Especially not when asking to deconfirm or "decide" some fact or another.

He has been known to say things like "these characters are still around but don't do anything" here and there, but this is still all the same soft not-going-to-say-no-but-no language. Even back in 2003~2004 he was pretty firm about putting the PC-98 setting behind him in terms of the series's direction, and that was back when Gensokyo barely even existed as an idea.
>>
>>15437905
>>15438462
Have you seen the human village men? Drug Addicts, people seeking demonic power, and ugly as sin inbreeds. No wonder ZUN doesn't do romance.
>>
>>15437809
My dad used to call me sugar tits. Which was odd, because I didn't have tits at the time.
>>
>>15453851
His crime is being male.

As soon as you saw him you should have known he was a dead man walking.

Thankfully Zun knows where males belong in Genoskyo.
>>
>>15464008
Rinnosuke and Unzan is kill
>>
>>15464008
Zun has no idea where males belong. Doujin artist on the other hand know exactly where they belong, dominating the fuck out of the girls.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.