[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Touhou spin-offs and fangames
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: TouhouLabyrinth2.png (526 KB, 395x549) Image search: [Google]
TouhouLabyrinth2.png
526 KB, 395x549
Lets talk about games featuring touhou characters that aren't danmaku

Because of the announcement of Etrian Odyssey V some weeks ago I decided to give Labyrinth of Touhou a try. Its pretty good, but I feel like I must be fucking something up because I'm having too much of a hard time against the bosses, receiving too much damage from their attacks and almost all my characters dying from two hits
>>
>>15433656
LoT you have to really strategize and prepare for bosses. They're that difficult intentionally.
>>
>>15433669
exactly what I mean, I must be missing something

Even with that, when I watch other people playing the game their characters are nowhere near as squishy as mine
>>
Good place to ask

I was planning on playing Koumajou Densetsu, the castlevania with touhou characters, but I don't know if to play the first or the second one, although since sakuya is my favorite touhou I might as well jump to the second, since most likely it will be more polished for having come afterwards

>inb4 play both
>>
>>15433712
Play both. Seriously.
>>
>>15434032
oh well

its just that I often suck at videogame and I often prefer to just play the best out of a series instead of the whole series due to getting bored from repetition
>>
>>15434038
The second one is way easier, but theres no like running plot between the two.

Play both, but start with the second one if you really want to. It doesn't really matter.
>>
>>15434050
I'll do so, thanks

on another note, and with the intention of keeping the thread alive, what good touhou RPGs are there beside the one mentioned by OP?
>>
>>15434056
This is /jp/, this thread is gonna be around for weeks minimum.
>>
>>15433656
I enjoyed both of the Labyrinth of Touhou games, especially the first one. It's a lot less polished the second, but I found the character balance and bosses more appealing in some way.

Most characters are very fragile in both games. Unless you have both debuffed a boss and buffed your own defenses, many characters simply aren't going to survive even a single attack.

>>15433712
I still need to try the second one at some point. The first one had some fun boss battles, but was really lackluster otherwise. The level design in particular was terrible.
>>
>>15434064
ah shit, I'm too used to /vg/ and /tg/

>>15434067
the question is, the games are not actually metroidvanias but have a progression akin to the retro castlevania games (that is, levels), right?
>>
>>15434075
>the games are not actually metroidvanias but have a progression akin to the retro castlevania games (that is, levels), right?

That's how the first one is, at least, and I suspect the second is the same. That's part of what made the boring levels so jarring: the classic Castlevania games are extremely good in that respect.
>>
>>15434139
I've just played the first two stages of the second game, it is also like that

the level desing seems good for me and very fun to play and navigate, but I'm no expert
>>
>>15434200
The first one suffers from a lot of bland corridors filled with enemies, and a number of areas where it seemed like the developer forgot the player character can fly to easily circumvent hazards.

I still liked it overall, I just think I would have enjoyed it more as a sort of boss rush.

As an aside, if you happen to like the "metroidvania" style games, you might look into Gensokyo no Nazo. It has a fairly large world to explore with diverse hazards. There are also a ton of playable characters with different abilities, which is always fun.
>>
>>15434245
at the contrary, I hate metroidvanias, I get lost too easily
>>
File: 4 years later.jpg (118 KB, 641x480) Image search: [Google]
4 years later.jpg
118 KB, 641x480
>>15434056
>what good touhou RPGs are there beside the one mentioned by OP?

Genius of Sappheiros, my nigga
>>
>>15433656
The wiki has info pages for this game. I highly recommend you read them, because, yes, you have to min/max and specialize if you don't want to get stomped by the floor bosses.
Also, I don't know which version you're running, but there are some skill-breaking bugs you'll need to be aware of.
>>
>>15434829
Everyone has played GoS. Any other RPGs? Preferably something suitable for an EOP.
>>15434988
I played LoT, but I didn't find any game breaking bugs. Biggest bug was evasion not working at all, but it seemed bug free besides that. What were they?
>>
>>15441824
Certain skills not working as advertised. Wind element attacks not doing wind element, stat raisers not actually raising that stat, some skills just literally do nothing. Its different for each character but there are several.

http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Labyrinth_of_Touhou_2/Bugs
>>
>>15434829
I actually haven't played that one

>>15434988
I read the wiki constantly and the version is 1.203, from what I see the bugs aren't as numerous as they used to be, not any game breaking bugs
>you have to min/max
shit
>>
>>15445596
Its not like minmaxing is hard. You can reset your skills for free whenever.

Jump into a boss and see what happens (or read a guide) and then go reset and place skills where you need them and equip proper resistances from the shit you've been picking up along the way. No real farming needed unless you want to craft a lot of duplicates with Nitori. You're better off just swapping out proper characters for the situation.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.