[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Touhou
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: touhou-4.jpg (880 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
touhou-4.jpg
880 KB, 1920x1200
what is the best touhou for new players ?
>>
Perfect cherry blossom. Do normal, then extra, then phantasm. After that you can 1cc all the games on normal pretty easy. At least that is my experience.
>>
It's not like gameplay discussion has to be limited to one thread, but this was answered fairly well here >>15419795
>>
Touhou Soccer 2
>>
Please don't let someone trick you into thinking easy as bad.
You can beat easy, then play normal.
>>
>>15421096
Easy is fine. Only bad when people do silly time wasters like trying to 1cc every game with every shottype on easy/whatever difficulty before moving up to the next one.
>>
>>15420094

i started with perfect cherry blossom on the hardest difficulty. you will die a lot. learn to love it.
>>
Mountain of Faith

Plenty of bombs to get people into the habit of actually using them. Rather than death bombing shit like IN teaches.
>>
>>15421120
When i'm a touhou newfag I 1cc touhou 6 in lunatic difficulty reimu a 3 continues spam bombs.
>>
>>15423028
>1cc
>3 continues
>>
>>15423034
why it's not that bad, i'm just a newfag that time
>>
chronologically is best becuase you get to see how the gameplay develops
the newer games are more ludologically complex and they depend on your exprerience of the previous games
>>
I started with SA.

I do not recommend following my example. EoSD sure seemed easy after suffering a hundred deaths at the hands of Orin, though.
>>
Start with playing all games once, chronologically.

LoLK Pointdevice mode is the best mode for practice I think. So play that a lot if you want to get better.

Anyway, there's no real reason to think too much about it. Once you've played them all chronologically, just play whatever game you feel like and you will get better eventually.
>>
>>15423038
1cc literally means 1 continue.
>>
>>15423787
"1 Credit Clear"

Since theres no coins or credits these days, usually means no continues.
>>
File: 1445309042166.jpg (35 KB, 245x274) Image search: [Google]
1445309042166.jpg
35 KB, 245x274
Ummm, i just want to point out that EoSD has funniest RNG
>>
>>15424030
Given that spell-cards are meant to showcase a character's ability or power, I find it fitting (albeit probably unintended) that the 2hu with the supposed ability to manipulate fate has two of the most RNG-dependent spell-cards in all of Touhou (Vampire Illusion and Scarlet Gensokyo). Whether you succeed or fail at capturing them is seemingly pre-determined!
>>
I thought PCB and TD were the easiest.
>>
>>15427045
TD was certainly easy by the time I got there. I played them in order. I don't know how easy it would be for a new player. There's not many resources in that one.
>>
>>15420094
Imperishable night is the easiest in normal mode and the best one to start with
>>
>>15420094
Reimu is the best touhou for new players.
>>
Any of the original Windows games are pretty straight up and don't have many gimmicks, and I'd argue easier to get into. Border Team in IN can teach some bad habits though (I should know since I started with it) so I'd say EoSD or PCB are good starting points.

Honestly chronological order starting from 6 (the first windows game) seems like the best idea.

Biggest tip I would give a new player is actually use your bombs. They do no good to you dead and using a bomb is better than dying.
>>
Why would you not start in the order that they came out? If you plan on becoming a fan of an old series, it's fun to see how the series evolved through it's life.
>>
>>15433818
This is how I always felt. You get to see how things were iterated on with each game, and get more out of older characters making reappearances.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.