[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zero Escape
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9
File: animepic_92.png (1 MB, 1195x700) Image search: [Google]
animepic_92.png
1 MB, 1195x700
Who else is immensely excited for
Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma??
I'm getting it for the Vita the day it comes out.

http://www.spike-chunsoft.co.jp/zeroescape/introduction/index.php
>>
Cool, but try /v/.

/jp/ doesn't care about recycled Uchikoshi tripe.
>>
I am but fuck only digital for PAL.

Maybe I should import for Vita.
>>
>>15347077
http://store.steampowered.com/app/311240

Will pirate it on day one.
The more decent of a port it turns out to be, the more likely I'll buy it at a full price.
>>
>>15347168
>having taste this shit
>>
>>15355031
No, that should be said about you. I might consider trying it if it gets confirmed it's not just a ripoff of Ever17 with poorly ripped off elements from other VNs added to it.

The main reason Zero Escape is popular in the West is because people aren't familiar from the works it steals from (which executed every used element better than Zero Escape). There's a reason it's nowhere near as popular in Japan.
>>
>>15355031
Cute. I like how you actually think you know something and have taste.
>>
File: Sigourney Poole.png (203 KB, 512x511) Image search: [Google]
Sigourney Poole.png
203 KB, 512x511
>>15355031
Who are you quoting?
>>
This one is really the conclusion for sure, right? I was so pissed when VLR's ending was basically a giant "to be continued"
>>
>>15355031
>>15356258
>>15357131
Newfags blasted lmao
>>
>>15356258
what are the better VNs it stole from? educate me
>>
>>15349199
Oh shit, didn't know it was coming out for PC.
>>
>>15364428
He uses similar concepts in a vn called Ever17
Both it and Zero Escape are great, don't let the memes get to you friendo
>>
>>15347077
I'm thinking of selling my Vita but should I keep it for this game?
>>
>>15364645
It's also coming out on PC so if ZTD is the only reason you have a vita sell it
>>
>>15364653
tfw bought a vita all for games that have better ports on PC and other platforms
>>
>>15364657
The only worthwhile game you can't get on other platforms is the persona dancing game I would say
Anyway just sell it and get ztd on pc
>>
>>15364657
muramasa
>>
>>15364428
999 steals the following from Ever17: Being trapped in an underwater structure that's partially flooded with X time left to escape. Eventually realizing that the entire thing was set up as a replica of what happened X years ago, an event several of them were involved in. The reason this was set up was to save people who would otherwise die in the past. (Though in Ever17, the whole thing makes a lot more sense.) Probably some other stuff I forgot too.

It also steals the whole 'people abducted to play life-or-death game' from Killer Queen. While 'forced to play life or death game' stories aren't a new thing, and Killer Queen itself stole its death collars from Battle Royale, 999's setup is a near-copy of Killer Queen's, from waking up in a room with a designation (a playing card number in Killer Queen, a 1-9 number in 999) and a partial explanation of the rules, to the whole 'follow the rules or you die by this collar/watch, beat the game and you can remove it', to someone going 'fuck this game', trying to remove his collar and dying to show everyone it's for real, to the subsequent talk about the rules. I never read KQ beyond the first scenes, but I doubt that's where the similarities end. But surely that could just be a coincidence right, who knows if Uchikoshi even played KQ? Well, it just so happens to be that right around the time 999 development started, his friend Nakazawa was just finishing up his directing work for Killer Queen's remake, Secret Game. There was no way he was unaware of KQ's start playing out in pretty much the exact same way.

As an EOP, I haven't played many older VNs (as few of them are translated), but I'm sure he took elements from more VNs as well.

I only played a bit of VLR, though I heard that like 999 it steals the twists that make it supposedly awesome directly from Ever17. From what little I played though it was clear that Zero III was a very poor rip-off from Monokuma (Danganronpa is from 2010 originally, even if we didn't get it until much later; VLR is from 2012), with Uchikoshi cloning the superficial aspects (sadistic cute robotic animal mascot as stand-in for the villain, constantly cracking inappropriate jokes for the situation and making bad puns) without really understanding why Monokuma is so brilliant (and as a result, Zero III is just obnoxious).

>>15364637
Now, the typical 'but he made Ever17' defense. Every time someone calls Uchikoshi 'the writer of Ever17' or 'the person who made Ever17', I get the urge to kill a puppy. Ever17 was made by a team of which Uchikoshi was but one member. He was indeed one of the two most influential members: Uchikoshi was the main writer and Takumi Nakazawa was the director. Together, they came up with the concept of the story.

But if you look at their works after the Infinity series, it becomes very clear that Uchikoshi was not the one with the brilliant ideas. Uchikoshi went on to make rehashes of stories he's worked on before, adding only terrible (long disproven) pseudo-science and fake anecdotes to the stories. The stories are well-written, but they entirely lack originality and their only good plot elements are stolen from other stories. Meanwhile, Nakazawa makes the opposite kind of VNs, with brilliant concepts and ideas that just don't work out because the writing is a mess (I/O) or is lacking in excitement (Root Double).

Comparing 999 to Root Double should tell you all you need to know. Both are cases of the author trying to make a second Ever17. The former is a rehash that, while well-written, pales in comparison to its original, whereas the other has a lot of interesting new ideas, which still results in a great story even if it completely squandered its potential. But the former is a mega-hit because nobody (in the larger audience) knows Ever17, while the latter is a flop because nobody (in the larger audience) knows Ever17.
>>
the ending of vlr was flat out retarded. not looking forward to how he forces himself to tie up the loose ends in zte
>>
>>15366907
calm down with the autism, you have shit taste and that's that
>>
File: H3H3H3.png (925 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
H3H3H3.png
925 KB, 1024x576
JOPs please leave. You have your own thread to shit up.
>>
>>15367853
You're not in /vg/ anymore, please leave your shitty memes at the door.
>>
File: H3H3H3.png (782 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
H3H3H3.png
782 KB, 1024x576
>>15367856
Whatever board I post on turns into /vg/ for that moment.
>>
>>15367848
>>15367460
>>15366907
The difference between Uchikoshi fans and Nakazawa fans.
>>
File: H3H3H3.png (821 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
H3H3H3.png
821 KB, 1024x576
>>15367869
Creating silly dichotomies like that and treating your "brand loyalty" like some kind of holy crusade is a sign of autism, my friend.

True connoisseurs have no problem enjoying both.
>>
>>15367853
>>15367864
>>15367883
>H3H3H3
Jesus christ you're still posting? I thought/hoped you died already.
>>
>>>/v/
>>
I'm kind of torn here because while I think the Zero games are shit I also don't want to agree with someone this autistic >>15366907
>>
>>15367928
It wouldn't be /jp/ if it weren't autistic.
>>
File: FmYjcHV[1].gif (1024 KB, 218x228) Image search: [Google]
FmYjcHV[1].gif
1024 KB, 218x228
>>15367945

If it wouldn't be /jp/ if it weren't autistic... and I'm posting on /jp/... then that means........?!
>>
I love how Uchikoshifags get blown the fuck out every time they come here.
>>
File: 1460442501327.png (145 KB, 697x498) Image search: [Google]
1460442501327.png
145 KB, 697x498
>>15367954
Sorry. I would have told you to save yourself, but it's already too late.
>>
Heavily story-based game. I do not enter its threads except to say this.
>>
File: H3H3H3.png (952 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
H3H3H3.png
952 KB, 1280x720
>>15367902
I came out of retirement just to post this.

Also there is literally nothing wrong with reusing twists.
>>
lol EOPs
>>
>>15367883
True connoisseurs aren't retarded EOP shitposters like you.

Btw I also hoped you're done for.
>>
>>15366907
>I haven't played many older VNs.

You just shot yourself in the foot.
>>
>>15367883
>True connoisseurs have no problem enjoying both.

Here, here!
>>
>>15366907
All I'm getting from this post is that you're aware of the fact Uchikoshi recycled some of his old ideas in ZE but for some reason can't see how they're far better done in 999/VLR, and think that following a very generic setup for death game stories at the start of the former is somehow a bad thing.

I mean, it's also kinda funny that you're unaware that Uchi and Kodaka are bros in real life who work for the same company, and that Zero III was mandated by SC as part of the efforts to have VLR appeal to the same market as DR, since it just goes to show you know jackshit about the series and haven't followed it or read the interviews despite trying to act like you're qualified to dismiss it based on derivative plot elements and such.

The fact you admit you're an EOP and haven't played older VNs, yet still claim Uchi must surely be ripping off many you've never read, just shows you're a fucking retard as well.

And I'm saying this as someone who hates VLR and the Infinity series, so don't go pissing on about fanboyism.
>>
>>15370745
>Uchi and Kodaka are bros in real life who work for the same company, and that Zero III was mandated by SC as part of the efforts to have VLR appeal to the same market as DR
Didn't VLR get released before Spike and Chunsoft merged?
>>
is this a continuation to the previous games or just "le crazy fear games SAW xDDD?
>>
Will this game have any good memes like "Naturally, I knows the hacker"?
>>
I pre ordered like seven months in advance and stilled missed out on the watch I'm crying
>>
People who played ISLAND and enjoyed it for the "mind-blowing twists" but refuses to play this are just hypocrites or hipsters because the series is popular with the EOP.
>>
>>15372907
I was actually set to get the watch for VLR but I had to cancel my 3DS preorder and switch to Vita at the last minute because my brother lost my 3DS when I lent it to him a couple of weeks before the game came out.
>>
File: 1457305127260.jpg (86 KB, 999x499) Image search: [Google]
1457305127260.jpg
86 KB, 999x499
>>15349199
It's going to be ported by the same company that did the Danganronpa Steam ports, which were great. Also we've seen the launcher and 60fps is confirmed.
>>
>>15366907
>From what little I played though

Into the trash you go.
>>
>>15372593
>le crazy fear games
someone hasn't played these
>>
>>15385567
I was asking about this one in particular, I played the other 2 games.
>>
>>15385574
This one looks to be a bit darker but will probably be like the last 2
>>
>>15385688
So it's basically a full on rape nukige now?
>>
Can not wait. I had only ever gotten one ending in 999 before so I finished that game up and I am so hungry for more.
I got 100% on VLR already. I just stopped on one ending for 999 because I was playing on a shitty emulator before and only got a real copy within the past few years. Was 999 way shorter and easier or do I just remember VLR too fondly.
>>
>>15366907
Remember11 is still the best either of them made.

>>15368062
VLR reused enough to give me deja vu.

>>15370745
VLR doesnt really do anything better. Ever17 was subtle with it's twist about timelines. VLR blew it's load in 5 minutes.

>>15389761
If you got only one ending you didnt finish it. Bad end is compulsory on your first run.
>>
>>15389800
No, I got the good end in 999 now. I was just explaining why I finished VLR before I finished 999.
I got the Sub end like 4 years ago on an emulator now I got Knife, Safe, and True end on a real copy. I could go through for Axe just to see it but there aren't anymore puzzles so I don't really want to bother.
>>
>>15389690
nigga you're retarded
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.