[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Japanese hornet appreciating idols
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
Japanese hornet appreciating idols
>>
File: 1457026696434.gif (363 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1457026696434.gif
363 KB, 480x270
>>15300521
>Makoto
>>
i think that buggo is deda
>>
>>15300585
S-sheerokku!
>>
I used to do that with dragonflies. I would catch them and tie strings to them. Then they would be like dogs on a leash and try to fly away. I would try to gather as many as I could and it was quite fun.
>>
I would be flipping my shit if that landed on me. I'm terribly phobic of bees/wasps/hornets. I'm not even allergic.
>>
I think the bug is trying to kill Makoto.
>>
>>15301480
I think it might be trying to lay its eggs inside Makoto /d/ style.
It will be disappointed to find that boys can't breed.
>>
>>15300521
don't those things kill people every year
>>
>>15303824
Makoto has never killed anyone!
>>
>>15305406
He destroyed my life though...
>>
Isn't there a video where like only a couple dozen or so of these things took down a whole hive of hundreds of bees?
>>
>>15306549
Yeah 30 hornets vs thirty thousand bees
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDSf3Kshq1M
>>
If I see this creature in real life, I would have a heart attack.
>>
>>15319471
They are fairly common in the countryside. I see at least two dozen every summer.
>>
>>15319760

Are they needlessly aggressive?

Those fuckers just look like they fly around attacking and killing for fun anything that moves.
>>
File: 61jkf-HYPqL._SY679_[1].jpg (41 KB, 234x679) Image search: [Google]
61jkf-HYPqL._SY679_[1].jpg
41 KB, 234x679
>>15320105
Not in my experience, but pretty much everyone gets rid of them, nest and all, as quickly as possible to prevent any incidents. They're definitely bad enough to clear a room. Most people keep a can of this stuff handy just in case.
>>
>>15320105
>Are they needlessly aggressive?

No, but you are fucked if you provoked them, especially a nest.

>Its venom, which is injected by the 6.25 mm-long stinger, attacks the nervous system and damages the tissue of its victims. Tests involving mice found that the venom falls short of being the most lethal of wasp venom, having an LD50 of 4.0 mg/kg. In comparison, the deadliest wasp venom (at least to lab mice) by weight belongs to Vespa luctuosa at 1.6 mg/kg. The potency of the sting is due, rather, to the relatively large amount of venom injected.
>Being stung is extremely painful and can require hospitalization. The warrior wasp, tarantula hawk, and bullet ant are among the very few insects with a sting more painful. Asian giant hornet stings can cause anaphylactic shock in allergic people but can still be lethal to people who are not allergic, provided the dose is sufficient. In China, where the hornet can also be found, the conventional wisdom is that people stung more than 10 times need medical help, and emergency treatment if stung more than 30 times. The stings can also cause renal failure.
>Thirty to forty people die in Japan every year after having been stung by the Japanese hornet.

They also can pursue you up to 5 kilometers.
>>
>>15320150
I hear that most folks are alright if they're stung once (they should still go to the hospital for treatment, though), but if they're stung any subsequent time, regardless of how much time has passed, it could be fatal if not treated immediately.
>>
>>15320150
>extremely painful
For you
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6m40W1s0Wc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdtfWh9aO20

Enjoy. Especially the second video.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.