[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i'm watching bakuman and at one point it gets leaked that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: hehs.png (367 KB, 1036x590) Image search: [Google]
hehs.png
367 KB, 1036x590
i'm watching bakuman and at one point it gets leaked that the voice actress character is dating another guy character, and it becomes a big media shitstorm and her fans are showing up and yelling at her about betraying them and her manager is trying to get her to break up with him or denounce him. I don't know much about japan or anime, but is this a normal real thing that happens where grown adult men will go nuts over voice actresses dating people?
Is this what idol culture is like?
Is the yakuza really involved in idols?
>>
>>15282523
Yes x2.

Sluts are no idols. Also, the yakuza have their paws in EVERYTHING.
>>
>>15282523
Yes, idols and seiyuu especially have to be careful because they voice multiple characters. Otaku get really upset if the idol they collect merch for or their waifu's voice actor isn't pure (sexually) or their public image isn't that of an idealized or angelic type of person.

IIRC there was an idol that once had to shave her head out of repentance to the idol group and was still kicked out because she was seen going to a hotel room with some guy who turned out to be her boyfriend.
>>
>>15282574
Thats pretty fucked up man
>>
File: mini.jpg (131 KB, 640x340) Image search: [Google]
mini.jpg
131 KB, 640x340
Yes.
It's pretty similar to the boybands of yore and even Disney stars today that need to project a pure and naive image as part of their contract.
It's all about maximizing profits like any other product.

>>15282574
>IIRC there was an idol that once had to shave her head out of repentance
I don't think she "had" to, but it lent authenticity to her video apology.
>>
>>15282623
This is the country that outlawed female kabuki actresses because their fans got too rabid.

They even had idol merch in the form of woodblock prints
>>
Cult of personality is scary.
>>
>>15282630
christ, how old is that girl?

>>15282682
that sounds pretty incredible actually
>>
>>15282730
Edo period in general was cool as hell
>>
VAs are not (necessarily) idols. There are VAs that are married.
>>
Just stay pure, it's not hard.
>>
>>15283174
We all know it's easy for you to be pure anon. But the rest if us don't have it so easy.
>>
>>15283174
Staying pure is easy if you're not desired.
>>
>>15282574
Idols have to be careful because they themselves are the product being marketed, and have it in their contracts that they will not date. Seiyuu are almost never formally under such restrictions, even if it may hurt sales among some of the more unhinged fans.

>>15283555
There are more than a few VAs who seem to be running into their late thirties while still "pure" and I think it's actually kind of sad.
>>
>>15282523
That only applies to seyuu idols, it's still disgusting of course but not everyone is affected by that.
>>
>>15283657
>>15283566
>>15282623
when did /jp/ get so disgustingly normal
>>
>>15283555
Women seem wicked when you're unwanted.
>>
>>15283787
Idol culture crap was never part of /jp/. And even when being a kissless virgin social outcast who doesn't even get hard to 3D anymore I can tell a culture like that is fucking terrible.
>>
>>15283827
I never said anything about idol culture being a part of /jp/. Go be quasi normies somewhere else.
>>
>>15283813
People in general, you mean.
I don't think this is dependant on specific crotch area setups.
>>
>>15283849
Purity is pointless if its forced.
>>
>>15283849
You're the one using the term normie here.
>>
>>15283849
Since when did the definition of normie become 'not being retarded'. Jokes aside of people saying their waifu must be pure and other waifufaggotry, the overwhelming majority here isn't delusional. While we obsess over stuff, a person still has the right to make own decisions or should. She in this case isn't your posession. While the fans know everything about their idol/VA the person itself doesn't know the fans. Thinking as fan that you will eventually get her is unrealistic. So thinking that these business contracts are bad isn't some weird normie shit, it's just being a decent person.
Here in the west people care a lot about stars and newly youtube people. Same here, lots of stars have stalkers and I'm sure thats a thing for youtubers aswell. The relationship is only one-way, you are not really friends or aquaintances.
It just seems that there are more obsessive fans in japan. Might be due to the society, the straining work environment, the horrible dating situation and those industries supporting obsessions.
>>
>>15282523
This generally only applies to idol seiyuu, or any seiyuu that have been advertised as being pure. For many seiyuu it isn't an issue. For example, when Maaya Sakamoto announced her marriage, people made pixiv art of the characters she and her husband voiced to celebrate, since she wasn't the type of seiyuu whose purity was valued.
It's also worth noting that this is a big deal for some male seiyuu as well. Mamoru Miyano got some shit when he got married. It really depends on the image the seiyuu presents to the public.
>>
>>15287243
if that's the case, what or who decide when a seiyuu needs the"pure" public image?
>>
>>15282523
I know that japan is a really different culture than us, but this type of things are the ones that makes me question them.
>>
>>15283813
Sing it brother.
>>
>>15283827
>Idol culture crap was never part of /jp/.

I can guarantee that you are wrong.
>>
>>15283787
Are you objecting to the fact that people think seiyuu should be allowed to get married, or the fact that anybody cares about seiyuu at all? Throw us a bone here.

>>15288078
Some seiyuu don't work exclusively as voices behind characters and have a much more noticeable presence, either because they also release independent work like photobooks and music CDs (unaffiliated with any character), or because they keep showing up in character-related work such as anime live events, concerts, radio programs, and so on.

For seiyuu who are acting "as themselves" it's probably an explicit decision based on the image being marketed, and a joint decision between the agency and the VA. For those who end up in that position because of character work, well, that label sometimes gets pushed onto them (which can lead to disastrous results if the VA can't live up to the idealized image.)
>>
>>15282838
most young female seiyuus these days are basically idols.
>>
>>15288113
Quality Post.
>>
>>15282523
There's exceptions in every country.
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2016/05/22/national/crime-legal/female-idol-stabbed-multiple-times-by-purported-fan-at-event-in-western-tokyo-police/#.V0Umhr55z28
>>
>>15288225
>or because they keep showing up in character-related work such as anime live events, concerts, radio programs, and so on.
So, basically everyone popular.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.