[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rhythm Games Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22
File: 1457035522147.jpg (467 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1457035522147.jpg
467 KB, 1280x960
Gravity Wars edition

old thread
>>15210014
>>
What's your favorite DJMax song?

Mine's probably Seeker.
>>
>>15259001

What was meant by this?
>>
>>15259058
Blythe
>>
>>15259058
Over the Rainbow because I'm a weeb piece of shit
>>
>>15259147
All of the card generator code was removed, along with navigator selection (on top of the usual coin stripping). Files are unpacked and stubbed with dummies in a lot of cases. Basically a lot of stupid shit.
>>
So I know about bemanigirl and all the data leak scandal.

But who leaked Tricoro HDD data? It's been out for way longer.
>>
File: 01.jpg (4 KB, 581x22) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
4 KB, 581x22
>>
Yuko Mizutani dead. This kills my urge of IIDX fun.

Fucking japs keep dying of cancer man. What the fuck
>>
>>15259387
this guy did >>15259058
>>
>>15259428
But I'm that guy. You saying I was the leaker all along?
>>
>>15259377
Hopefully it'll stop retards from playing the shit in public.

who am I kidding
>>
>>15259443
Why would it? Most of the people who care already know not to.
>>
>>15259443

I don't even see how it would discourage either that, or leaking.
>>
>>15259501
It'll stop people from running it on a bootleg machine in some shitty arcade because half the functions are missing.
>>
>>15259503
And this accomplishes what?
>>
>>15259572
pisses off autists
>>
>>15259582
Seems kind of a dick move.

Like that fan translation group that literally cancelled an entire project just because of one annoying autist that would ask for updates nonstop.

Leaking data sucks but it's part of the game. You can only go full secret club so much until there's only 2 or 3 people left.
>>
>>15259596
there can only be one
>>
>>15259596
not if their asses end up in jail
>>
>>15259377
I haven't played in a while, I play once every few months. I could play fine before this happened; does any of this affect me?
>>
>>15259724
no as long as you're not a leaking fuck and you can read the instructions to actually set it up properly in the thread
>>
>>15259377

Are the clear lamps not carrying over part of this, too?

If so, I'm angry.
>>
>>15259768
That's literally in the top of the thread.
>>
>>15259768
o well
>>
You know what annoys me about leakers?
That they basically think everyone is too incompetent to find their way into obtaining it the "proper" way.
>>
>>15259768
It transferred a score from what I noticed so far for me

A D in xac Virtual Sunrise
>>
>>15260064

I think it's more about how they're bitter that they got banned from sows and it's a way for them to "get back" even though they're just being stupid as hell
>>
>>15259058
Ventilator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvA8G8oggEU

or Super Lovely
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7_iDOloCVU
>>
Is there any specific etiquette I should follow when in a Japanese arcade, say if it's busy or such? I will be in Japan at the end of the year and would like to play some games but I'm not great (8s-9s on IIDX) and want to try Sound Voltex. The only arcade here with rhythm games shut down and it was never busy anyway, so I don't really know what you're meant to do.
>>
>>15260594
In busy places, there are generally very organized lines. You'll figure it out just by seeing where other people are waiting. There's also the common sense to not play multiple credits in a row if there are people around. If you're not sure if someone is in line, step away from the machine for 20 seconds or so to be sure.
>>
>>15260603
Ok, that's simple, thanks.
>>
>>15260594
>>15260603
Has anyone had experience playing DDR in Japan? I don't have any plans on visiting anytime soon (never have), but I also wonder what the etiquette for that entails, if there's any difference at all.

What is the process of E-Amusement registration? Is it necessary? How open are players to doing versus? Does your skill level make a big difference (I do well on most 13's and 14's, and can pass some 15's and 16's, never gotten a AAA/PFC)?

If anyone's willing to share about their experience, it would be well appreciated.
>>
>>15259503
IIDX is missing stuff like score tracking, a functional step up mode, and expert mode in general and they still run it regardless.
Doubt navigators would be that detrimental to both them or the game.

also, since we constantly talk about arcade data on a public site where every single thread gets archived for public view, are our hands any less clean
>>
When the fuck is cross x beats getting an ost?

Fucking hell naoki get your shit together
>>
>>15259596
The rhythm game community in general is very cliquish and doesn't particularly like new blood. Trying to get into something like Pop'n or Gitadora, for example, is hellish because of how few information resources there are for the game, and most of the Western playerbase have a "figure it out yourself" mentality.
>>
>>15259596
>You can only go full secret club
Of course not. The whole point of secret club is show off to the general public and brag what you have something they don't and enjoy your superiority. In other words, the whole point of secret club is being non secret. This thread is exactly for that purpose. Why not talk on the said secret site otherwise, maintaining perfect secrecy? But there is no fun like this, you're not superior than others inside the circle or your peers.
>>
>>15262288

It's such an extremely niche thing though. Imagine going up to some guy on the streets and saying "Nah nah nah nah, I have an account on Bemaniso.ws and you don't. Enjoy not playing sweet ass arcade data from the dopest rhythm games around"

I can image his reaction to be no more than "Go the fuck away" or "What the hell are you even talking about?"

And if it's just to gloat to other rhythm game lovers in this thread then that's just mean. I've been on the outside looking in and I hated it.
>>
>>15262288
i can't speak for others but i dislike having discussions tied to usernames so i prefer posting here anonymously
only secrecy on sows is to filter out the people who are incapable of putting in effort
>>
File: STJJAF_6eb3f3d2_9.png (18 KB, 360x272) Image search: [Google]
STJJAF_6eb3f3d2_9.png
18 KB, 360x272
Hello sorry to bother but I have no clue where to ask.
I am trying to mod my Taiko no Tatsujin drum to try and make it more sensitive (following this guide) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=89954309&postcount=117 and it says I need a rubber roll. My question is, is there a good substitute for this? I live in Canada and I have looked everywhere for some but I cannot find a single place that sells them.
>>
>>15262195
Oh man this issue, before kshoot became a big thing I was practically suffering on finding any documentation on how to build a controller, especially with sourcing a PCB.
>>
>>15262377
There are a few sheets on ebay but you would likely have to import.
In terms of substitutes I guess maybe a yoga mat or some other rubber mat would work, only problem is thickness.
>>
>>15262377
mcmaster carr is your friend

t. engineers
>>
File: 1457858085887.png (381 KB, 539x405) Image search: [Google]
1457858085887.png
381 KB, 539x405
>>15262433
>>15262432
Thanks Ill do what you suggested, now all I gotta do is hope I didn't fuck something up
>>
>>15261360
>IIDX is missing stuff like score tracking, a functional step up mode, and expert mode in general and they still run it regardless.

not all arcades
>>
>>15262473
>>15262377
Taiko is cute as fuck!
>>
Is there one of those song difficulty rating charts like for SDVX for Pop'n?

Or may something like Statistik where it gives songs actual perceived difficulties?

I'd really appreciate not having feel good about passing a 40, then turn around and get slaughtered on a 35.
>>
>>15262766
>Beat an 11.6 song on 2Deluxe
>Get slaughtered on a 11.3

Every time.
>>
>>15262195

Exactly why I'd rather play osu!mania than its Japanese predecessors.
>>
>>15262766
Closest thing I know of.
http://hellwork.jp/popn/wiki/
>>
>>15259058
Mind Control.
>>
>>15262766
https://twitter.com/sdvx_sunshine
scroll down and you'll see the SDVX charts
>>
>>15262777
rating system should be taken in with a grain of salt

my first 11 was an 11.4
>>
>>15263790
11 could easily be split in two different levels.

Some of the harder 11s are on a complete different scale compared to easy stuff like Destiny Sword. Level 10 songs don't have this huge gap

It shouldn't become ridiculous like pop'n (is there even a noticeable difference between a 42 and a 43?) but 15 levels of difficulty seem reasonable. Isn't SDVX like that?
>>
>>15263939
SDVX is 16 levels.
>>
>>15263939

I'm surprised they haven't made 13/14s yet
>>
>>15263939
DDR had this problem with 10s until the rescale, too. 10 could mean anything from "Paranoia Survivor" to "Dead End: Groove Radar Special". I have no idea why IIDX hasn't rescaled liked every other old Bemani title.
>>
>>15264280
>Dead End: Groove Radar Special

I was trying to forget that this existed
>>
>>15263939
>15 levels of difficulty seem reasonable. Isn't SDVX like that?
SDVX is the same thing as 2dix though.

Sure, it has more levels but anything below the 'safe' 7s is pretty much throwaway easy shit. The 15s are still fucking retarded with a massive difference in difficulty between lowest and highest tiers. There's 15s I can't imagine failing and then there's 15 I can't imagine passing.

Same shit, different numbers.
>>
>>15264792
SDVX has enough difficulty levels, it's just that everything under level 13 is a cakewalk, everything under level 7 is practically one level, and they should lower the ratings of almost all of the songs to fit them in nicely.

"Safe" songs should be any song 5 and under, which would give us a little more room bring some 14's down to 13/12 and some of those 15's down to 14.
>>
>>15259045
knobs confuse me

when they start going criss cross i just get lost
>>
>>15264280
DDR still has that problem with 13 and 15s. (I'm not sure why they hate the 14 rating so much)
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fvkkgQPo9A
There's no chance this would be localized, right?
>>
>>15265198
What? Those are pretty consistent. Its just that some emphasize stamina while others are more about being able to read the notes.
>>
>>15264715
>16th jump jacks
the scars are embedded in the minds of all
>>
What binds do you guys use for keyboard bms/o2jam?

Im bored of my old ones and can't find a good new setup
>>
some random guy i've never seen before showed up at round1, walked up to an iidx cab and started playing songs from 8th-10th without an eamuse pass

it made me think about people who used to play long ago and detest what the series has become but still occasionally dabble in old versions
>>
>>15265651

>what the series has become

I've not been playing for long but how has it changed? It's always been a goofy DJ-esque prohibitively hard rhythm game that features largely electronic music.

The only thing you could be referring to is the music itself. A lot more weeby denpa type shit these days. I wouldn't call that a big deal.
>>
>>15266493
>The only thing you could be referring to is the music itself.
PASELI. Some people were probably disgusted with how PASELI-influenced the games became after tricoro. Locking features like Rival Matching, whole charts, and even the extra stage system behind KONAMI's e-currency system.

>A lot more weeby denpa type shit these days.
It doesn't even take up a notable selection of the song list. At its end, Tricoro had like, what, 3 or 4 denpa songs out of a 100+ list? Only reason people talk about it so much is because it noticeably stands out a lot more due to being...well, denpa.
>>
>>15266572

You had to unlock rival matching? What the fuck. I can understand the disgust behind that. A song unlock system I can get behind but not that.
>>
>>15266645
You misheard. To access rival features, you need an eamuse sub which requires PASELI.
>>
>>15266749

Probably because I'm not sure what the hell PASELI even is. I assume it's a company that makes some form of subscription based code for games that Konami licensed to put into its games.

I always figured making an eamuse account is free, but with all this PASELI shit, does this mean you have to pay actual real money to play Bemani shit with all the features?
>>
So messing on Pendual's config I found the HD* option? What's the difference between it and the regular HD option?
>>
>>15266774
Yeah. Gotta pay for the credit AND a monthly subscription.

Konami's jewy as fuck.
>>
>>15267193
I think HD* is full HD, and HD is normal HD.
>>
>>15267275
Yeah, I imagined. Screen seems darker now. Not sure I like it.
>>
>>15267193
HD* gives you more Ryu songs
>>
>>15266774
a while ago the tax on arcades got raised but since they use 100 yen coins they couldn't just bump it up to 120 yen like we could with quarters
so konami came up with paseli as a currency you charge to your eamuse card

then they made extra stage (and by extension several events and songs) paseli only and put rivals behind an eamuse subscription
>>
>>15267579
Do you pay for a subscription when you use eamuse? I thought you just bought the card and that was it
>>
>>15267579
They've only done that in Japan, other eamuse regions don't have paseli (and the lockouts and stuff associated with it). Blame the stupid Japanese for taxing fun.

Also the only reason you see paseli lockout stuff at R1 is because their machines are semi-illegally on Japanese eamuse because Konami is dumb and refuses to host a US server.
>>
>>15267719
you need a $3/month subscription to
-modify rivals
-customize note skins, lane covers, explosions, etc
-see weekly and top ranking lists and your played song data on the website

so if you don't care about any of that then you never need to pay for it
rivals and customizations stay without a subscription, so you can also pay for a single month just to set them up
>>
>>15267854

Can you still track you scores online for free, or at least keep your lamps?
>>
>>15267193
HD* shifts the default timing by -1.0 compared to HD. It's used for the newer, cheaper LCD screens that have more latency.

>>15267285
No.
>>
>>15268173
Yes, lamps and scores are saved.

Everything else is subscription.
>>
>>15267207
Isn't the monthly sub 5 bucks and you only lose the ability to edit the rival list once it runs out?
>>
>>15268571
Never mind I didn't even read the thread lmao
>>
>Finished PA PI PU YEAH YEAH at 76%

Damn. So close....
>>
>Get sick
>Accuracy takes a dive
>However, I just started hitting dense complicated patterns without a single mistake, technically playing much better than usual

What the fuck? It's seriously baffling me.
>>
>>15268981
>>15268862
sweet blogs

subbed
>>
>>15269046
Thanks. Will let you know if I clear another 11 for the first time, my number one fan ;)
>>
>>15269046
Beat Lighting Shower bro.

I think all Tag songs are pretty easy except Saber Wing. Fuck that bullshit. I'm pretty sick so I'm going to sleep. Good night.
>>
Why are all old Pop'n/IIDX charts on the higher end so terrible?

Did they not play test these god damn things before they finalized the game. Everything is only challenging because it's kludgy, awkward and inorganic.

Old DDR charts weren't terrible. In fact it seems DDR is the exact opposite case. Anything hard now is goofy nonsense jacks and crossovers with dumb speedups.
>>
>>15269412
In DDR's case it's because it's the only way to make things hard at this point. There's only so much you can do with 4 inputs.
>>
>>15269412
On the bright side, DDR has learned from those horrible Supernova boss charts. Holy fuck were those awful.
>>
>>15267579
The raise in tax only happened a couple of years ago. PASELI has been around much longer and before the tax increase, the standard cost was 100 points per credit.

After the tax increase, the 'price' was raised to 120 for pretty much everything, but Konami started adding 'special' features for PASELI users in order to justify the increased price.

I mean stuff like SDVX, where PASELI users can bypass the stupid level locking without needing to do the skill analyser and have more selectable game modes; or Beatstream, which gives (gave?) PASELI users a guaranteed extra stage (so 4 songs in total) provided they passed the regular three stages.

>>15267852
>taxing fun

It's a sales tax
>>
>>15270520
It's a sales tax aimed specifically at arcades and pachinkos and stuff, it was literally passed as an amusement tax.
>>
Good god Gravity Wars is hard.

I was pretty comfortable on 14s on Infection, now I gotta suck a cock to get a B on a 13.
>>
good stepmania themes? using moonlight but I've seen some other ones out there

found http://sm.ajworld.net/themes/

but don't know what any of them look like..
>>
>>15265391
Probably not but I also thought it looked fun. Time to learn Japanese.
>>
>>15269046
serious question: what other kinds of posted should happen here? news and info dumps and such?
>>
Answer is probably no, but should I even bother with Gravity Wars if I don't have a proper controller?

Just wanted to play the real thing to see if it's worth investing on a controller.
>>
>>15271115
This place is pretty much dead. I'll just keep blogging whenever I feel like.

Most people here are on sows so everyone can check for new stuff there.

>>15265391
0 chance of localisation.
>>
>>15271142
yeah I don't see the issue with blogposting
>>
>>15271052
ultralight, consensual, simply love and transcendence are all good
>>
>>15271134
its okay, kb+dual mouse makes for an interesting setup, you also might just want to use KSM for pure keyboard play.
>>
>>15268981
I'm better at Pop'n when I'm slightly drunk because it's easier to zone out and play by sheer reflex. It's probably a similar situation.
>>
>>15271201
Thank you. I'll check them out.
>>
Apart from Taikojiro, Dolphin and Osu, are there any other PC taiko simulators? Taikojiro doesn't run on my machine for some reason, it freezes and crashes when I try and load a song. I might just use osu if not.
>>
How do I make cool UI like bemani
>>
>>15271371
if you're counting dolphin, you could count PPSSPP and PCSX2, since you can emulate the PSP and PS2 taiko games
>>
>>15271134
KSM with keyboard. And if you get comfortable with the game and enjoy the SDVX charts/music then definitely get a controller. Well worth it.
>>
>>15262195
>The rhythm game community in general is very cliquish and doesn't particularly like new blood.
That also happens where I live, they're very closed and smug, I wonder why Bemani attracts that kind of players worldwide.
>>
>>15262195
I openly welcome new players. I'm not sure how hostile a local arcade would be but I'm always happy to see new players interested in learning the game and will do my best to give them any advice if asked.
>>
>>15272131

I don't think this is a rhythm game thing. I think it's a human being thing. Let over animalistic competitiveness. Not wanting to be overthrown as the top dog.

Do you think the world's best golfer is happy about no longer being the best? Do you think Michael Jordan was happy about his 72-10 season being smashed? Of course not.

Everyone wants to be the best (at l;east in a certain area) and is threatened by the potential for someone to take it from them.
>>
>>15272131
>>15273065
I think it's because rhythm games are mostly arcade games and this elitist/douchey attitude is typical arcade mentality. Look at the Fighting Game Community and how douchey they are and how hard the commentators try to make it seem friendly.
>>
>>15271134
I'm comfortable with an FP7 and a mouse.
Wub-scratching is fun. I'll probably invest in another IIDX controller to play Double and ditch the mouse.
>>
>>15272131
The people actually doing the work aren't the people being cliquey and smug. Most of the people posting in this thread have Sows accounts already, and those that don't have one only need to draw Cindy fanart to get in. And this thread is on a public and very busy forum.

Doesn't seem very cliquey to me.
>>
Also we really need new blood because most of us are over 30 at this point. Look, we even managed to house train tuxdude :^)
>>
>>15272131
I'll let you into my group jp-kun.

We like shitty players.
>>
>>15271134
there's no harm in trying it (besides ratio)

If you have a ps3/4 controller you could try playing it with that. It's pretty decent, not nearly as good as an ASC, but it's good for trying the game out. I managed to clear a few 15s with it before Dao's controller came out.
>>
>>15272131
We give eachother shit a little at my arcade but nobody actually looks down on people for being new or terrible (hint, we all are bad). If anything we love helping new people and we know a game like IIDX on the big cab in the center of the room is intimidating.

We honestly just get super excited when other people want to join this terrible existence with us :^)
>>
>>15273065
So you're saying they're basically insecure douchebags?
>>
>>15273706
How do we go about doing that though? Even if we tell people "hey, play this", IIDX (hell, bemani in general) is far from a widely available game in the states, same with Taiko and every SEGA rhythm game not named Project DIVA. Even if they were available, people might get scared off due to how difficult or expensive the genre can be or they might not even care about getting better to begin with.

>>15274510
and we aren't?
>>
>>15274822
Dunno. I mean, I don't know what to suggest. PW was the last time we tried a more aggressive push to bring Bemani to the USA (illegally but never mind that) and look how that ended up. The community was tired of Konami's endless broken promises to bring Bemani to the USA before PW development even began.

Invite more people to The Sekrit Klub but I guess don't invite people who are completely pants on head retarded that are just going to ruin it for everybody else.
>>
The fact of the matter is bemani games have too steep of a learning curve for new blood to reliably come in and most people aren't willing to put in an effort.

It doesn't help that the gateway game, DDR, is all but dead also.
>>
>>15275321

What even happened there? DDR was a fairly steady, if still niche thing for years and years.

I'm guessing all the Gutiar Hero Rockband horseshit flooded the market, became a huge fad, and when it died, it took DDR with it.

Also maybe Konami being dicks and suing Roxor into oblivion destroying ITG leaving only a small community of the hyper dedicated.

And maybe shitty Benson cabs instead of the badass widescreen Japanese ones. Those things were legit piles of garbage. I think I played on a SuperNOVA 2, or X, and the pads felt like those cheap Chinese DDRPads you can get off ebay.
>>
>>15275321
>It doesn't help that the gateway game, DDR, is all but dead also.
Honestly, it's not entirely KONAMI's fault as games like Just Dance and Dance Central came and usurped the casuals from DDR by offering something that's way more "dance" than DDR could ever be with licences that aren't from 6 and a half years ago and all within the comfort of their own homes.

With the generally subpar quality of the last CS iterations compared to AC and the Betson DDRX situation, their hands aren't entirely clean either.
>>
>>15275321
>It doesn't help that the gateway game, DDR, is all but dead also.
DDR is still a popular as fuck game at conventions. I always reach out to people I see playing who look like they're serious about the game. The existing local community are content to play each other's basements, so most of the semi-casual players don't even realize that a local community still exists.

I try to keep my distance from that bunch, because we have very different views on the game.
>>
>>15275426
>I try to keep my distance from that bunch, because we have very different views on the game.
what are some of those differences?
>>
>>15275987
They have fun while he's probably autistic like us about it.
>>
>>15275987

They didn't do the Afronova walk right so he bitch slapped them and walked away.

So, basically, >>15276004
>>
is ripsters ddr pad a meme or is it actually a good design?
>>
>>15275987
Baby powder.
>>
>>15275987
Bar raping 9s
>>
>>15275987
I care a lot more about keeping the public rather than playing in people's basements.

Also >>15276588. I won't touch the local ITG machine because it's always clogged up with that shit.
>>
learning fingering for dp 12s is a fucking chore
>>
>>15276560
oops i meant riptide
>>
>>15276599

>I won't touch the local ITG machine because it's always clogged up with that shit.

Are you fucking kidding me? I thought I was the only person who did that shit. Back in 08/09, I never saw anyone else do it.
>>
>>15276610
Nope. There's a group of like 4-5 high school kids who still play on the ITG machine and they always dump baby powder on the pads, do shit like loading credit codes onto the machine, and try to "fix" the pads only to be yelled at by the maintenance guy.

Those guys can fuck themselves.
>>
>>15276617
>>15276599
>>15276588
>Baby powder

The fuck is up with that? What's the reason? Are you talking about actual powder for babies?
>>
>>15276628
speeeeeeeeeeeed
>>
>>15276628
It's an annoying thing usually associated with ITG players. They dump baby powder on the pads to reduce friction, which makes the pads slippery for everyone else and requires the pads be cleaned about ten times more often. (and if the arcade doesn't know how to properly maintain the machine, the pads will usually get so dirty that they hardly function)
>>
>>15276640

I was aware of this when did it so what I did was just put some on my hand and wipe it on my shoes. I use to just spread it on the panels but I stopped.
>>
>>15276617
i wish i had a group of friends to go to the arcade to play ITG with
>>
>>15276640
Why don't they just play in socks or something?
>>
>>15276726

Metal brackets will hurt the hell pout of your feet even through socks.
>>
>>15276748
if you're a pussy
>>
>>15276748
True, but it's better than pouring fucking baby powder onto the machine.

Seriously, didn't know this actually happened until today.
>>
Let's make a list of the remaining good Bemani artists

-Nekomata Master
-Sota Fujimori
>>
>>15276868
Technonorch has more hits than misses.
>>
>>15276868
Prim
Nanahira
>>
>>15276868
y&co/remo-con
ryu
taka
>>
>>15276868
-TOMOSUKE (but he's stuck doing hinabita now)
-Gekidan Record
-wac
>>
>>15276868
Camellia
>>
>>15276868
p*light
>>
>>15276917
>>15276921
I thought we were referring to the old pre-tricoro era artists by "remaining"
>>
>>15276868

Fuck everyone.

L.E.D.
>>
>>15276926
oh....

LED
TOMOSUKE

rip Yoshihiro Sawasaki ;-;
>>
>>15276903
This
>>
>>15276868
pre-tricoro
-Nekomata
-Tomosuke
-Gekidan

post-tricoro
-DJ TOTTO
-SHAMDEL
>>
File: 474784783151815456.jpg (4 KB, 131x160) Image search: [Google]
474784783151815456.jpg
4 KB, 131x160
where can i find more memes like this?
>>
>>15277928
China
>>
>>15276868
dirty androids
>>
>>15276868
>Nekomata Master
>Sota Fujimori
Awesome taste, mate.
>>
>>15259396
3rd best song ever.
>>
Everyone knows about all the elite players in specific games, but is there a "king of rhythm games" type of person? Some guy who plays at the highest levels of 6+ different games?
>>
>>15279286
Me.
>>
>>15279286
No names stand out to me.
I remember there was one guy who would get 100%+ on Maimai and PUCs on SDVX left and right
but I cant think of anything aside from that
>>
>>15279439

Are you havin' a goof or are you serious?

If so which games have you "mastered"?
>>
>>15279480
i'm goofing sorry.

I only plan to master IIDX, Pop'n and SDVX so that's only half of what you want.

Jubeat is much easier than the average bemani so being a Jubeat "master" isn't that big of a deal but I play that too. The rest I'm not even close to being a master.
>>
>>15279537

My definition of "master" is pretty lenient. Just AA 12s on IIDX, 85K+s on 46+s on Pop'n, AAs on 15s/16s on SDVX, AAs on 18s on DDR etc.

You don't have to be godly, just really good.
>>
>>15279286
FEFEMZ is the best PIU+DDR player but he also gets some pretty great scores at Pop'n, SDVX, DrumMania, and IIDX.

for western players I guess leonid kind of fits that description, from what I know he's the only western SDVX player to AAA every 15/16, he was also pretty amazing at stepmania a few years, probably the best western pop'n player, and IIRC he was like Insane 3rd dan in BMS.
>>
>>15264792
That is because they put the hardest song in the game in the highest difficulty, which makes sense. Then they release a new game and release a slew of new 15s, most of which are aimed at players who can already beat the previous 15s/16s. So they're significantly harder but they don't increase the difficulty.

Most of the bemani games need a revamped difficulty system (and pop'n needs a condensed difficulty change).

IIDX has like what, 325'ish 12s? That can be stretched to many higher difficulties. I also think the definition of a 16 in sound voltex needs to be brought down a bit and the hardest content should be put in 17, like 80% of the current 16s.
>>
>>15280168

Does FEFEMZ even play singles anything. Every video of his I see id doubles DDR PIU IIDX. This guy must have some symmetry autism or something good lord.
>>
psst

luv can save u
>>
>>15280275
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wxx1fzJUq0

seems to play IIDX singles sometimes.
>>
>tfw got so used to playing data sitting down I sit on a barstool at the arcade

Am I that guy
>>
>>15280442
You're that guy for apparently giving a fuck. If the only way to achieve AAA 12 is getting your anus fisted, then fist your anus while playing. Don't care about some nonsensical playing etiquette
>>
>>15280442
omg lol I didn't actually care I was just worried you were gonna fall off xD I've sat on that stupid stage doing work on the cab on a chair and fallen off and it's not fun :[
>>
>Gee, that SDVX controller is actually pretty cheap!

>All the parts that can be improved by a higher price makes the total go way above the FP7

Cheeky fucks.
>>
>>15281012

>Stock knobs feel like unresponsive shit
>Want to buy the copal set of encoders for my SVSE5
>100 fucking dollars after shipping

Wew.
>>
In DDR, clearing a 15 (classic 10) is something of a rite of passage, because most casual players give up before they reach that level. What's the equivalent in other games?
>>
>>15281319
bump because I'm also curious

I think I have seen StepMania go up to 13 or 15 but it's very rare, also anything 11 and higher is pretty crazy.
>>
>>15281319
(Personal opinion)
IIDX - Pass 7th dan
SDVX - Probably to pass a 15 that is not like Nyan Cat.
PIU - Complete a chart on nightmare 16 or higher.

>>15281335
Stepmania goes to whatever (there are people who make those hur durr this is 99)., but legitimately in terms of, "this is playable and harder than the difficulty below it". There are quite a few 18s I know of.

Sigmund is also a 19 but it feels like an 18.
>>
>>15281319

If I had to imagine.

10 for IIDX
40 for Pop'n
14/15 for PIU (It's been so long since I played I don't remember the ratings. Whatever Final Audition 3 is on the hardest singles difficulty)
4/5 for Keyboardmania
13/14 for Stepmania (Spread Sstyle based off the rating system for the yolomania packs)
(I'm guessing) 6 or 7 on Drummania XG/Gitadora
>>
>>15281410
i play drummania once a month and i've cleared a few 7s
so probably more like 8s
>>
>>15281410
>14/15 for PIU (It's been so long since I played I don't remember the ratings. Whatever Final Audition 3 is on the hardest singles difficulty)
Is PIU's difficulty bar really that low?
>>
>>15281532

It's sort of a mess. An X rated song could be easier than an X-2.

Of course this was way back with Exceed 2 so it could have gotten better with Prime. Only played that once.
>>
>>15281107
Dao pls move to the US.
>>
Just passed 8th dan. Got all scared for nothing. No way in hell Gigadelic is a fucking 12.

But then again, I'd definitely fail the song with the regular gauge or the Hard gauge. Class mode gauge makes things a lot easier.

Disregard this post then.
>>
>>15281319
>>15281410
I'd put IIDX 11 as the rite of passage.

10 feels fair (but extremely challenging) for the average player. 11 starts being overwhelming enough to make any casual go "fuck that".

So it's 11 that makes you go "I'm becoming a big boy now. I'm reaching the end game".
>>
>>15281319
>>15281410
I'd put Pop'n probably more at like 45, since 40s are really wonky in their ratings. I'm saying this as someone who has only cleared like 2 40s so far. (assuming we're talking SP scale)
>>
>>15281532
Peak bullshit PIU is around mid-18 level in DDR. It hasn't done anything nearly as unplayably stupid as DDR's 19s.
>>
Is there any place to get IIDX bms packs with BGA or is that locked behind the pig site?
>>
>>15279286
dolce
>>
>>15282407
does dolche play anything isn't IIDX or chunithm (those drummania videos where he plays with JKOC don't count.)
>>
>>15282400
Why would you want the BGA's though. 99% of them are bad.

It's the one thing the DJMAX games have over IIDX.
>>
>>15282256
>>15282323
>>15281368

I think you're putting the bar way too high for "not casual". You have to realize there's plenty of space between "not casual" and "elite player". The 10 way is pretty god damn hard but if you get over it you're definitely no longer a casual. The difference in Pop'n between a 40 and a 45 is staggering. A serious beginner can probably get to 40s well within a month, but getting to that 45 mark is now approaching "elite".

Rereading the post in question, he uses the phrase "rite of passage", so I guess one could interpret it as "rite of passage into elite player status" or "rite of passage out of casual player status". Clearly I chose the latter.
>>
>>15282341
>Peak bullshit PIU is around mid-18 level in DDR. It hasn't done anything nearly as unplayably stupid as DDR's 19s.
Are you sure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuEfc725p4o

>>15282458
He plays real Drummania too, though probably only casually. He can also do stuff like AAA on Maxx Unlimited in DDR.
>>
>>15282400
Look for BMShare IIDX on google, you should find a "free" repository.
The links there have the BGAs, but the BMS difficulties and tagging quality vary sometimes. 1st mix up to Sirius only.

Sows also got a public repository. The BMS difficulties are the same all over and it's well tagged, but no BGA. It's got RED up to SPADA.
>>
>>15279286
ABCD
>>
Would anyone know how to get Taiko Portable DX multiplayer to work? I tried hosting a match but the other PSP couldn't detect the room.
I need those Taiko sounds.
>>
>>15276868
Naoki
>>
>>15280292
>echo 4

Why do people do this
>>
>>15283075
It's loud.
>>
>>15283107
>not just using a headphone amp and turning the knob a little further
>>
>>15282804
i can't think of any reason taiko specifically would have issues, maybe test ad-hoc in another game to make sure your PSPs are set up correctly
>>
>>15283215
I'll try that, thanks. Now I just need to find a game to test.
>>
>>15283107
EQ only is also loud but doesn't sound like fucking garbage.
>>
>>15283366
It's not AS loud
>>
>>15283142
>doesn't own headphones
>>
>>15273706
I'm only 19 and I've been playing DDR, stepmania and osu for months. Just starting on lr2 recently.

I don't really see this heat death of rhythm games you guys are talking about. It's probably just Australia.
>>
>>15283404
I know it's called a headphone amp but if your speakers aren't too big I'm sure you could plug them in too. It just uses a 3.5mm jack. I think a lot of them support RCA also
>>
>>15283441
I'm also 19 and just started getting into StepMania a few weeks ago.
>>
>>15283458
Do you have a steam?
>>
>>15283504
y-yeah but I don't usually add strangers and I spend more time watching anime than playing games these days
>>
>>15283525
That's unfortunate. I've never really had anybody to play step with.

Beyond that, you should get a theme if you haven't already.
>>
>>15283568
Yeah, was using moonlight for a while. Just changed to ultralight the other day. I like the addition of letter ratings.

I've just been using anime and touhou packs from otaku's dream, what I heard isn't the great. Do you have any recommendations for song packs? I can play most of the songs I have on Hard now.
>>
>>15283624
http://aceofhearts.weebly.com/others-simfiles.html
The touhou packs here are great. It's mostly what I play. There's a bunch of other really great stuff as well.
I used ultralight for a while, but it's pretty much abandonware at this point.
I've moved on to cyberia style and I love it, but you might not like the slightly chuggier menus (i didn't at first)
>>
>try a new 15 for the first time
>first attempt fail with about 20% gauge
>immediately try again and AA it

sdvx is weird
>>
>>15280821

I didn't really mind, I'm just very self conscious
I had fun playing on your cab anon
>>
I'm looking to get a sdvx controller. What is my best option / part configuration? Currently I was thinking of getting the dao svse5 when they are available again in the us storehouse.
>>
>>15285083
SVSE5 w/ Omrons & Copals
TC+ w/ Omrons
>>
>>15285083
Build one yourself for 50 bucks.
>>
>>15285433

Stop with this meme. Unless you have basically a wood shop in your garage and all of the wood already, building a controller yourself is both a huge time sink and, while cheaper, not worth it for the few dozen dollars you'd save. Especially if your time isn't worthless.

I spent probably 170-180 dollars on building a pop'n controller, because literally no one already has a 3.5" hole saw lying around, and those are 20-25 bucks. The wood was 20 or 30, the buttons were almost 100, and the board was 20. And don't forget paint if you don't want it top look like shit. Giant pain in my ass.

Also bought replacement Omrons but that was optional.
>>
>>15285474
>>I spent probably 170-180 dollars on building a pop'n controller,
This sounds retarded, but hey, maybe you didn't have a drill and no way to buy one second hand?

>because literally no one already has a 3.5" hole saw lying around, and those are 20-25 bucks.
Oh, nope, you're just fucking braindead. Even my cheap Chinese buttons came with cases, dude, and if you know anything about measurements you'd realise that you're saving about a single mm off the total height by not using them and a ~35mm drill bit that can be bought in a set with other spade bits for less than 5 dollars.

>The wood was 20 or 30,
Fair enough, if it's precut, which saves some hassle if you don't own a tablesaw.

>the buttons were almost 100,
Here's where you start getting a bit retarded, given chinks charge about 40-50 dollars for them. But I was talking about SDVX, which naturally has smaller buttons which are far cheaper.

>and the board was 20.
Try 10.

>And don't forget paint if you don't want it top look like shit.
You don't like plywood? A varnish costs a dollar or two.

>Giant pain in my ass.
It's an hour of planning and maybe 2 hours work if you've never done it before, for a saving of around 200-300 dollars. If you're planning on building a couple of controllers, you save even more.
>>
>>15285505

>Oh, nope, you're just fucking braindead. Even my cheap Chinese buttons came with cases, dude, and if you know anything about measurements you'd realise that you're saving about a single mm off the total height by not using them and a ~35mm drill bit that can be bought in a set with other spade bits for less than 5 dollars.

What the fuck are you talking about? Clearly you used far different buttons, because the ones that were actually true to the Pop'n arcade buttons require a 3.5" hole saw. Every pop'n guide on the internet uses 3.5" hole saws.

And you can buy boards for 10, but the ones with enough inputs for Pop'n and that supported LEDs were 20.

>Saving 200-300

Well don't buy the fucking solid gold controllers then. You'd save 50 bucks max.

And by the way, those BT buttons cost 20 dollars each, so for 50 dollars you could have a wooden box with two buttons and no encoders.
>>
File: $_57.jpg (69 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
69 KB, 1000x1000
>>15285545
>because the ones that were actually true to the Pop'n arcade buttons
The actual buttons are 300+ bucks a set. All of the clone buttons use a far simpler form factor that includes a button holder, so I'm very sorry you paid twice as much and didn't even get the fucking covers. You're much better off just using them and using a much smaller drill bit, because it doesn't impact the height of the controller at all, and actually saves a bit of weight because your sides don't need to be a cm or so taller. The image is an example, notice the separate black ring around the sides of the button?

>but the ones with enough inputs for Pop'n and that supported LEDs were 20.
It's trivial to hook up some LEDs to power pin if you care more about looks than function, but I guess you just wanted to spend an extra 10 bucks.

>Well don't buy the fucking solid gold controllers then. You'd save 50 bucks max.
I'm talking the basic fucking entry level DAOs, here. If you're not retarded enough to spend over a hundred dollars on a controller, then the savings are massive. Do you not understand how much the shipping is on these monsters?
>>
File: thing.jpg (202 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
thing.jpg
202 KB, 1600x1600
>>15285602

Your buttons are jutting out like half an inch? That "cover" is there to hold the button on from the other side of the wood. Like those plastic rectangle bits on the Dao IIDX controllers.

If you want you buttons nice and flush with the controller you need a 3.5" hole saw.

I'm thinking we have far different philosophical views of what DIY is for. You seem to think it's entirely about making something comparable for as cheap as humanly possible. In my case, DIY, while can save some money, is more about trying to make something as nice and as high quality and you can.

I bought very nice MDF when I could have used plywood.
I bought a hole saw when what you did could technically work.
I bought pic related so my controller could be easily connected and disconnected.
I painted and lacquered it when I probably didn't need to because it was MDF.

You might have a point on the board. I basically bought the first thing I saw, but eh. It's 10 bucks.

Point is. I'm not fucking retarded. I built a nice controller as I saw fit and spent exactly what I needed to to get it done the way I wanted.

And even after all this, I still saved 60-70 dollars. If the Pop'n controller was in the Dao US storehouse I might've bought it, but I partly wanted to do this project.
>>
Just make out already
>>
>>15285675
>Your buttons are jutting out like half an inch?
Yeah, because I understand ergonomics. There's no meaning to having the buttons "flush" (when they're not because they still stick out a decent 5mm or so), because you don't rest your fucking hands on the controller. This is Pop'n, nigga, and using the fucking button holders for their intended purpose instead of what you think they're used for both saves on weight, cost and effort.
>You seem to think it's entirely about making something comparable for as cheap as humanly possible.
No, my philosophy is arcade specs for a reasonable price. I'll pay an extra couple of bucks for nicer springs and switches, I won't pay 30 dollars a button for a 10% improvement in feel and buy some paint for something I'm not even going to be looking at. Something looking nicer doesn't make it any better. I do like your removable cord though, if I was to do this shit again I'd probably hook something like that up, but it's only a couple of extra dollars.

You got ripped the fuck off on your buttons, so really you should have saved about 100-150 dollars, which is well worth the time investment.
>>
File: 20160524_164319.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160524_164319.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
I'm in
>>
File: memes.jpg (13 KB, 425x329) Image search: [Google]
memes.jpg
13 KB, 425x329
>>15286677

Oh shit, we got a breach.
>>
Can somebody tell me where the green note on ez2ac is pressed? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2wed2-COI0

I've watched quite a bit of people playing it but I never figured it out. Is it a pedal or something?
>>
>>15287124
It's a pedal.
>>
File: ElAxUfX.jpg (93 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
ElAxUfX.jpg
93 KB, 540x960
>>15285790

Well, I was going to leave this shit as it was before this post and just walk away, but you've pissed me off.

>using the fucking button holders for their intended purpose instead of what you think they're used for

Right here, this fucking little condescending quip.You motherfucker, I was trying my damnedest to be nice before but nope, not now. You fucking built your controller wrong. You built it wrong to save a few fucking bucks.

Take a good long gander at an actual Pop'n cabinet. Notice the bottons' black surrounding ring and how they taper down and are nice and flush to the machine. Those black plastic rings are called holders because they held them on the wood from behind.

>my philosophy is arcade specs for a reasonable price

Well, you fucking failed. The only thing that could possibly be arcade spec about your goofy abomination of a controller is the color of the buttons, which at this point I wouldn't be surprised if you told me they were all the same color because that color was the cheapest and you saved a grand total of $1.14.

There honestly must be something deeply wrong with you if you can do something wrong and then arrogantly bloviate on the internet about how any other way is clearly wrong. Everything you ever do is correct and if something goes wrong it must be the fault of something or somebody else. I can't even wrap my brain around this mindset.

Also, you must have done this a while ago, because literally nowhere can one find a set of Pop'n buttons for 57 dollars. Not ebay, not Aliexpress, not Alibaba (unless you want to buy 1000). Even if there was some magical back alley site where you could, so what. I spent a few more dollars, but at least I got to use a site I was comfortable with. And at least I built my controller right.

tl;dr: eat shit.
>>
>>15287432
pop'n cabs are so pretty
>>
>>15287501
just like the furries playing in them
>>
ちくちわ
ちくちくわ
ちくちくちわ
ちくちくちくわ
ちくちくちくちわ
>>
>>15287673
god i want to fuck meu so hard
>>
>>15288145
>I was only 19 years old
>I loved Meu so much, I had all the PURs and Albums
>I pray to Meu every night before bed, thanking her for the musical genius she has bestowed upon me
>"Meu is love" I say; "Meu is life"
>My dad hears me and calls me a pedophile
>I know he was just jealous of my devotion for Meu
>I called him a 3D Pig Disgusting
>He slaps me and sends me back to the basement
>I'm crying now, and my face hurts
>I lay next to my Meu H doujins and it's really cold
>Suddenly, a warmth is moving towards me
>It's Meu
>I am so happy
>She whispers into my ear "This is my Chikuwa"
>She grabs me with her powerful loli hands and pulls out my wallet
>I'm ready
>I spread my wallet flaps for Meu
>She penetrates my bank account
>It hurts so much but I do it for Meu
>I can feel my bank account dropping to 0 as my eyes start to water
>I can see all the Meu PURs dropping from the Generator
>She orders a lifetime supply of frozen chikuwa from Konami
>Meu lets out a mighty exclamation of "MEU!" as she fills my heart with her love
>My dad walks in
>Meu looks him straight in the eyes and says "PETTAN PETTAN PETTAN DAISUKI"
>Meu leaves through my window
>Meu is love. Meu is life.
>>
>>15285113
Where can I get copals other than dao?
>>
>>15288546
buycopalscheapfreeshipping.org
>>
>>15287432
>You fucking built your controller wrong
And you built yours "wrong" because you didn't use sanwa buttons mounted at AC height to a cabinet, with a dedicated IC for attract mode lighting and the correct patterning around the buttons.

The height of the buttons in relation to the controller is purely aesthetic. You don't rest your fucking hands in the gaps between the buttons, nor do you place your palms against the sides for relaxed playing. Your hands stay up in the air, only coming down to make contact with a button. Were there any tactical advantage to having the buttons mounted flush, I might agree with your assessment, but you're clearly just trying to justify wasting 25 bucks on a single drill-bit.
>>
>>15288975
Good pricing! Do you know if they ship to you mom's bed? Because that's where I'll be.
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/comments/4kw5a7/psa_from_peppy_for_anyone_whos_offline/

rip osu
>>
>omfgkirby has invaded VIP
I hate that stupid faggot so much holy shit
>>
aliexpress.com/item/9x-Arcade-Beatmania-IIDX-DIY-Kit-Parts-LED-Light-Illuminated-Rectangular-Buttons/32654141915.html
any alternatives?
>>
>>15287124

Love that judgement system.

>KOOL
>COOL

I'm cool no matter what I do. Worst case scenario I'm only good.
>>
What do you think of this and his cheeky jab at sows?
http://www.beatmania.co.nz/
>>
>>15290985

I don't get want his tirade is even on about.

BMS has almost nothing to do with what sows does. Yeah they have some BMS torrents, but that's not why people are there.
>>
Alright so is it just impossible to change any settings or add rivals with the webui down? I've had a registered pcbid and card for months but now I can't do any of that shit
>>
File: china.png (22 KB, 985x154) Image search: [Google]
china.png
22 KB, 985x154
>>15290985
bemanicn got the real jabs going on
>>
>>15291367

I don't know Ultra Moon Runes.
>>
Is lr2ir dead or just down?
>>
>>15291416
https://twitter.com/kenjidct/status/734917487456706560
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.