[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Touhou Gameplay Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: th005.jpg (194 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
th005.jpg
194 KB, 640x480
I hope you've been making progress in reaching your goals, /jp/.

Previous thread: >>15124762
>>
File: theslow.jpg (136 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
theslow.jpg
136 KB, 450x450
Not a goal, but some accidental progress. I used to have a hell of a time with PoFV, only ever managing to clear it with a couple of characters, but after walking away for a couple months then trying again, I was able to clear every story mode and both extras with hardly any trouble. God only knows why, but hey, can't complain.
>>
File: shit.png (102 KB, 205x233) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
102 KB, 205x233
>>15228080
Fucking hate those three faggots
Man I feel really lucky with the series, like I play EoSD and realize I like Sakuya and Remilia a bit, then on PCB I can play as Sakuya!
On PCB I really really like Yuyuko, today I started IN and there she is!
Also what's Remilia's problem on IN? She's all fucked up
>>
Why did ZUN stop caring about character balance post-MoF?
>>
So what do collecting those purple orbs do in IN?
>>
>>15228135
She's a complete gangster in IN, I like it a lot.

Mokou is my favorite but I love when Remi goes full asshole on her and Sakuya has to beg her to stop
>>
>>15228515
http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Imperishable_Night/Gameplay#Time_Orbs
Basically, they give you score.
>>
>>15228551
>Basically, they give you score.
Forgot to add that it's a bit more complicated than that though. IN scoring is complex and I don't fully understand it.

>>15228135
>Shit, that's just great.
A bad translation, perhaps?
>>
>>15228515
Collecting enough by either hitting enemies (human) or grazing (youkai) when over 80% on the meter produces the Orbs. If you rack up the required number by the end of the last card on the boss, you get a bonus chance to capture their Last Word, for score. It also only advances time by 30minutes instead of an hour at the end of the stage. Hitting 5AM at any point is an auto-end.

When you first start the game and aren't very good it helps because Continuing advances time by an hour, but it's ultimately unnecessary if you're going for 1ccs since time will never come close to hitting 5AM unless you continue (and you need to 1cc to get to Kaguya anyway)

So mostly for score and for playing Last Words
>>
>>15228565
>that's just great.
Is just sarcasm. If anything this traslation has proven to be pretty funny
>>
>>15228651
I've found that typically IN is just an amusing game in general. Probably a function of having a gorillion playable characters, but still.

Netherworld team is basically Yuyuko Bullies Youmu: The Game
>>
Speaking of IN, why does Youmu feel so gimped compared to the other humans?

Does having her Myon fire opposite of her current direction feel shitty to anyone else?
>>
>>15228949
Youmu is really strong, she's just pretty tough to use since the Phantom follows her loosely and is tough to control without a lot of practice and planning. One thing that helps is focusing to Yuyuko always resets the phantom to normal, so if you need to just shoot straight for a while, focus and unfocus.
>>
>>15228080
>I hope you've been making progress in reaching your goals, /jp/.

Nope. Nada. Null. None whatsoever.

I simply haven't had the time and I never do but that PCB normal 1cc will be coming. At least a year overdue.

Youmu is a bit of a bitch.
>>
>>15228949
>>15229036
GHOST TEAM RULES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HIuOeF6N1I
>>
Using vsync strangely hurts SA's performance so much I can actually see it lag. Turning it off lets me play the game without a hitch. Does anyone else experience this?
>>
>>15229203
Vpatch, not vsync. Sorry.
>>
>>15229203
Runs the same for me with or without vpatch, haven't experienced added input lag without it. Only reason why I really like vpatch is because it lets me use 1280x960 for old games, but SA already gives the option natively.
>>
>>15228949
youmu is literally the best human
>>
File: rarekumiko.jpg (38 KB, 571x596) Image search: [Google]
rarekumiko.jpg
38 KB, 571x596
Stage 5 SA is hard
Those zombie fairies

Stage 3 SA is no laughing matter too
>>
>>15230476
SA stage 3 is one of my favorite stages in the series
>>
>>15228492
I wish I could argue that you're wrong but you really aren't.
>>
I just 1cc'd SA normal. I was not suppose to clear it that attempt. I feel like I do that a lot. It was just a practice run to get warmed up and I died twice to stupid shit on early levels but somehow I did my best on Orin and went into stage 6 with the most lives I ever had 6. The final phase lasted a lot longer than I expected and I still almost lost. Damn still got adrenaline running through me. SA is my favorite touhou yet.
>>
>>15231486
I don't think I've ever cleared a game when I was supposed to clear a game
>>
>>15231486
Man I remember the satisfaction from the SA 1cc, didn't think it was going to happen as soon as it did as I thought it's the hardest game before LoLK. Congrats on getting it!
>>
>>15227462
The only time you should be bombing in stage 6 would be when sakuya traps you or eternal meek fucks you over. The fairies aim at you so all you have to do is to tap left or right.

>>15228135
They mistranslated ふん as shit. It's understandable why but it's still stupid.
>>
>Previous thread: >>15124762
Would you stop doing this before some new people start coming in thinking this is supposed to be a permanent general?
Doubly so when the previous thread is still up, it's just in autosage.
>>
>>15231647
>Would you stop doing this
no
>>
>>15231647
There's nothing you can do. The generals are here to stay.
>>
File: cherry.png (558 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
cherry.png
558 KB, 640x480
I managed to 1cc IN on Hard a few days ago and today I managed to 1cc PCB, too. I guess I will try EoSD next although I keep losing most of my lives on Stage 4.
>>
>>15231813
Good job. Did you clear the other games on normal before doing those on hard or are you starting with hard or something?
>>
File: Th15SC040.jpg (159 KB, 384x448) Image search: [Google]
Th15SC040.jpg
159 KB, 384x448
HOLY SHIT WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT
AND IT'S "JUST" NORMAL WAYPOINT MODE
HOLY HELL
>>
>>15232150
that's a hard but fun card, not total bullshit like the one where she fires bouncing lasers to all directions from around you.
>>
>>15232153
It's my first time trying to break through LoLK and I'm a low-level shitter but god fucking damn, this was the hardest and most maddening spellcard I've done so far. And now, I cannot get through Clownpiece's very first card. I must be tired.
>>
>>15232027
Thanks. I have cleared the other games on normal before so I decided to start trying to clear them on hard now.
>>
>PCB Normal
>have a perfect run with 8 lives.
>reach Youmu.
>Fight starts.
>Instantly lose one life because of my bad screen position.
>This throws me off and I lose another one.
>When I finally beat her I had 3 lives left with no bombs.
>Proceed to get my ass handed by Yuyuko.

Has this ever happened to anyone?
I was doing so well and then I just threw the whole run for no reason.
>>
>>15232267
Yes, this happens all the time. Good thing the games are short enough so they don't feel like a massive waste of time and it doesn't demoralize from trying again that much.
>>
File: 1460526917428.jpg (57 KB, 196x220) Image search: [Google]
1460526917428.jpg
57 KB, 196x220
>>15232273
>it doesn't demoralize from trying again that much
It was one mistake after another with no end in sight.These runs for me happen once in a blue moon and it was wasted.
Oh well,I guess its no use crying over spilled milk.
Still hurts though.
>>
>>15232267
Older games are like this.
You get the hang of their spellcards, and you start owning, but the last stages always get you offguard because even if you know the stages, the amount of projectiles on screen will always remain an inconvenience. Almost, shortage of attention and fatigue happen, and this is the hardest part about Touhou because your attention is at its peak during the BEGINNING and it decreases over time, which is the exact opposite of what is needed.
>>
>>15232267
Youmu is infamous for raping newbies.
>>
File: 1456434625863.jpg (68 KB, 720x640) Image search: [Google]
1456434625863.jpg
68 KB, 720x640
>>15232267
>>15232324
Sometimes when I've played for a while I pause and take a breather after stage 3 or 4 to make sure I'm not in an unfocused mindset for the next stages. It can help reduce some mistakes.
>>
>>15232186
>I must be tired.
Yeah, that happens. It's the dark side of Pointdevice mode. Repeatedly failing the same part over and over again really wears you down, way more so than just losing a game normally. However, the more you play and learn how to dodge particular attacks, the less frustrating it will become.

Also, just to make sure you know, there is an English patch.
>>
>>15232153
>>15232150
>>15232186
Fuck waypoint, I go legacy. Sure, it seems harder but it is still more fun than that shit
>>
File: clip_image002.jpg (67 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
clip_image002.jpg
67 KB, 640x480
HEY GARMFIELD CHECK OUT THIS TOHOU GAME
>>
>>15232150
>>15232153
Just a tip, her last two spellcard are more or less static.

Dream catcher will always start around you, so, by starting always at the same point the lasers will act in the same maner all the time, this should let you make a route.

Ultramarine lunatic dream is pretty much static, so try to learn where will be a lesser amount of bullets, aswell as what kind of movements you should do to stay avoid getting hit.
>>
How come there is patched LoLK but no DDC?
>>
>>15233882
What do you mean? Neither has a hard-patched .exe last I checked, but they're both translated, and you can play them in English with thcrap.
>>
>>15233914
Oh I see. The LoLK game I got had thcrap, can I use that same file for DDC?
>>
>>15233839
The circle of lasers isn't actually that much of a problem, I easily did it. It's just this insanity of a spellcard >>15232150 that I couldn't do after more than a 100 tries and only got lucky in the end. Must be something with my brain, because even subsequent levels and spellcards didn't have me start over that much.
>>
>>15232393
Too bad Legacy Mode was so hastily just shoveled out Zun forgot to put in bomb drops as gimmick modo was the 'intended' way to play.

Also RIP Sanae she lost her powers after LOLK. Way to stuff her in a fridge Zun.

>>15233914
But thcrap is malware.
>>
>>15233971
>caring for a drug user
>>
>>15233935
https://thpatch.net/wiki/Standalone_Patches
>>
>>15233971
Someone post the interview where ZUN said the non-drug ending is canon
>>
>>15232267
Youmu and Sakuya are noob killers. Reisen apparently too because she's unique but I actually didn't have trouble with her.

But yeah losing focus is very common. If I die to a boss holding on to some resources I should have used it's very easy to get flustered and keep making mistakes especially because you're out of position. I've been trying IN's extra stage off and on and EX-Keine will just catch me with something I wasn't paying attention to and I'll just be frustrated by the time I get to Mokou.
>>
>>15234078
The term you are looking for is casual filter.
>>
>>15234078
>Youmu and Sakuya are noob killers
I just finished watching my old replays. Those two were such formidable opponents. I forgot how hard those games were until rewatching them.
>>
Which games are just not even worth playing?
>>
I finally went past Hell Eclipse but I had to bomb. The pattern is easy to see but there will always be a start to fuck with your movements.
>>
>>15234159
None.
>>
>>15233971
>But thcrap is malware.
Stop that. I don't know where this idea came from, but it's ridiculous, because thcrap is FOSS. If you can actually cite what's wrong with it, then please share; otherwise, stop spreading misinformation just for kicks, as it really undermines new players' ability to enjoy the series.
>>
I've been trying to 1cc Normal on EoSD and I just did a run where I made it to Remilia's final spell card before losing my last life.

Which is both inspiring and discouraging.

So fucking close.
>>
New thread when?
>>
>>15230527
SA in general is one of my favorite games in the series.
>>
Finally made it past Raiko.

Her spellcards were really really easy, but those non-spells, holy shit.

It was pretty simple using SakuyaA and her bombs though. Maybe I should consider using Reisen for Touhou 15 Extra.
>>
>>15233971
What are you talking about, the bosses still drop bombs just like in 6,7, and 8.
>>
>>15233971
>>15236490

Not to mention it's easy to get bomb pieces from completing chapters with enough points/graze.
>>
>>15236507
Well he was talking about legacy mode. I like going back to the style of the older games with bomb drops in Legacy mode, with a new system for getting lives
>>
>>15236515
oh right, life pieces, atleast you get new bombs when dying
>>
>playing through all the main games in order
>reach Phantasmagoria of Flower View

What the fuck is this? How do I play this?
>>
>>15236807
Its basically the same as the other games except you win by the other person getting hit first. The other person is an AI who can predict bullets though.
>>
>>15231647
The games are good. /jp/ needs more players. I don't see the problem with having this kind of thread prominent.
>>
>>15236807
You start by reading the manual. For 9 especially, there a lot of mechanics that you would never figure out just by trial and error.

>>15235924
At least you didn't die after clearing the last card, but before all the bullets were cancelled.
>>
>>15237223
What's the shape that forms around me when I focus? Not seeing anything about that.
>>
File: kuso run.jpg (254 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
kuso run.jpg
254 KB, 640x480
>>15237315
It's your scope. When you focus, it activates spirits, causing them to die much more easily when you shoot them.

Btw, try to not use level 3 or 4 charge attacks, or bomb. They're a waste of gauge.
>>
>>15237399
Alright I'm getting confused as all hell here.

My "bomb" button is how I attack the opponent, yes? And why wouldn't having it at 3 or 4 be better? Doesn't that make them stronger?

Right now what I'm doing is
>dodge and shoot until it gets up to 3 or 4
>press x
>repeat until win
>>
>>15235924
Red Magic is a bitch
>>
>>15237315
The focus field will 'activate' spirits (the flappy things), meaning that they'll become circular and stop moving down the screen. Activated spirits create a blue explosion field when they're destroyed, like fairies. However, if an activated spirit isn't destroyed within a few seconds, it will explode into three large aimed bullets.

What this means for strategy is that you want to mostly activate spirits in front of you, or in places where you can combo chain explosions into them. If you're playing a character with a wide horizontal scope, like Tewi, you either have to really stay on top of spirits, or not focus too much. On the other hand, If you're playing a character with a forward scope like Aya or Marisa, you can pretty much focus all the time.

>>15237425
There are multiple ways to put pressure on the opponent. Usually, though, repeated Fairy-class spells (two-gauge attack) are the best strategy. Don't use the bomb button unless it's unavoidable, because it will use up your entire gauge, whereas holding Z to charge will always leave you with one chunk. Dragon-class spells (4 gauge, where your sprite flies onto the enemy screen) are also good if you can afford them, but Witch-classes (3) aren't really worth it on most characters. When you get a free Dragon from scoring, or when Lily appears, you can put extra pressure on with a Fairy.

Oh yeah, it's also good to spam Fairies because they make your Dragon more powerful.

There are a lot of interactions between the various mechanics, so it takes some getting used to. It can lead to really fun games against a human opponent, though. For fighting the AI, just do what you can to stay alive for two to three minutes.
>>
>>15237425
AI death is determined by a timer. So stages 1-5 will normally die at 1:30 on lunatic, and stages 6-8 will normally die at 3:30. It's a bit shorter on lower difficulties. If you die on a stage and have to do it again, the timer is shortened for that stage.

>And why wouldn't having it at 3 or 4 be better? Doesn't that make them stronger?
The main use of charge attacks is to cancel bullets or spawn pellets on the enemy side of the screen. Level 2s do that more efficiently.

>>15237472
>Oh yeah, it's also good to spam Fairies because they make your Dragon more powerful.
This makes no sense, what are you talking about?
>>
>>15237502
One of the counters at the bottom of the screen is how many Fairy- and Witch-class spells you've cast this game. The higher the counter, the longer and more intense your Dragons are.
>>
>>15237472
Oh, that's good to know.

>holding Z to charge
I was not actually aware of this.
>>
>>15237522
Oh, I forgot about that, and usually just attributed stronger level 2s with higher rank.
>>
>>15237522
>>15237601
Actually no, you're right, just checked the wiki and I'm retarded.

>The power of spells is determined by the numbers in the lower corners. The lower left number affects the power of your level 2 and 3 spells. It increases whenever you do a level 2 spell or higher, capped at 16. The lower right number is shared with your opponent, and affects the power and health of bosses. It goes up whenever either player sends a boss and also has a maximum level of 16.

Sorry. Still, that means you want to use as many Fairies as possible.
>>
>>15237223
Related question about the manuals, where can one find translated versions of them? The wiki doesn't have anything past MS and the ones that are in (some of) the games' files are in Japanese.
>>
>>15238015
>The wiki doesn't have anything past MS
But it does have a 'Gameplay' page for each game, which describes the mechanics in much more detail than the actual manuals do. Since 12.8, there are in-game manuals as well, and I believe those are translated in the patches.

It is a bit annoying that the various .txt files in the game folder aren't usually translated, but I guess at the time it wasn't a priority. All the story stuff is translated on the wiki.
>>
So i just 1cc'd DDC
>>
>>15238821
Nice. Did you like it?
>>
>>15234159
probably IN or PCB, both trash spellcards and bad characters
>>
>>15239218
What have you accomplished in those games?
>>
>>15239218
Please. I don't even like 7 that much compared to the others, but all the ordinal Windows games are worth playing.

>>15234159
To honestly answer your question, I'd say 1, 2, 3, and 9.5. But you should give them a shot anyway and see what you think.
>>
>>15239218
>IN
>bad
get a load of this guy
>>
>>15240506
Just because it's the only game you've played doesn't mean it's the best, anon.
>>
>>15234159
All game worth playing them at least few times so you get to know the different endings and such, at the end you get to like some games more than other. But, personally I avoid playing UFO just because of the shitty ufo's mechanics and how easy to screw them up may result.

>>15239218
>IN
some of the best spellcards are in that game anon, you just have shit taste
>PCB
the syncrhonization of the stages with the music is top tier, even if some spell are kinda meh
>>
>>15228080
I thought it was a rule on /jp/ that every OP had to be cluttered with 10 paragraphs explaining what the thread is about and 100 links for people who are too stupid/lazy to look things up.
>>
>>15240556
I'm glad this isn't like that.
>>
How do I get vpatch working with EOSD with english? I'm getting error messages running both vpatch and the original JPN exe, but the english exe runs fine (just without vpatch)
>>
File: eosd.png (56 KB, 678x738) Image search: [Google]
eosd.png
56 KB, 678x738
>>15241025
Did you rename the exe to 東方紅魔郷.exe? That's what it said in the readme. Vpatch for eosd works fine for me, added a screenshot of my folder.
>>
>>15241025
name your exe "“Œ•ûg–‚‹½" or use applocale and name it "東方紅魔郷"
>>
>>15241045
>>15241039
Do I rename the JPN one or the EN one to moonrunes? Both of them give me errors.
>>
>>15241039
>>15241045
>>15241063
nvm, I renamed the JPN exe to 102h and it works now. It was 'eosd'.
Thank you!
>>
>>15240518
I've played them all though. IN is better than EoSD for sure and probably PCB.
>>
>>15242018
How is IN with those boring ass streaming stages better than PCB or EoSD?
>>
I was credit spamming through EOSD stage 5 to unlock stage practice, and I got to sakuya's last card, still had a continue left, and accidentally chose not to continue.
Godamnit.
>>
>>15242384
just restart it's not like it takes long and you get more practice
>>
>>15242018
>IN is better than EoSD for sure and probably PCB
I played them all too and i think your opinion is shit.
>>
>>15242064
Not that anon, but 7 was the king of boring-ass streaming stages, so don't be a hypocrite.

I also agree with him in that 8 was certainly the most well-put-together of the three original titles, especially because the other two were basically just practice for it. I personally enjoy playing 6 more, but 8 is a much more complete and polished package, and to call it bad is downright silly. Among the entire series, however, it's definitely overrated.

>>15242384
Practice stage 4 so you don't have to worry about credit-spamming next time.
>>
>>15245032
>>
Anybody got any tips for 1cc'ing LoLK on Normal? It's the only main game I haven't 1cc'd yet. I beat Point Device already but I can't even get to Sagume without continuing on Legacy.

I feel like I should just bomb more but I know I'm going to have to bomb everything Clownpiece throws at me so I'd like to save up for that if I can.
>>
>>15245032
OK I'm working on it.
>>
>>15245150
If you're going to die, you bomb.
Whenever you lost control of the situation, you bomb.
Don't try to save bombs you have no hope of keeping.
>>
>>15245150
It's just like any other game, but harder. Get as many life pieces as you can. Practice, practice, practice. The consensus seems to be that Sanae is the easiest to clear with, if that helps.
>>
>>15246390
>>15245150

Sanae might be easiest for pointdevice at first but if you're already familiar with the game I'd recommend Reimu
>>
For Normal mode, Reisen's the easiest to clear with, followed by Sanae. Same applies for Hard mode. As for Lunatic, Sanae would be the easiest to clear with.

Be sure to manage your bombs well. LoLK is a lot of resource management.
>>
>>15246916
reisen hitbox is fat as hell though, especially when using the bomb, making it borderline useless as it doesn't damage bosses or clear the screen
>>
>>15246923
That's only true in certain cases, usually during spell cards that require tight dodging. Elsewhere, the enlarged hitbox effectively doesn't matter, and the fact that each bomb can save your ass four times makes it incredibly useful. Overall, I'd say the greatly enhanced utility during stages is enough to make up for some weakness against bosses, though of course it depends on your play style.

Reisen is also great for fighting Sagume, with that piercing shot.
>>
Finally made it to the last stage in UFO. This game is hard. I thought this would be easier than SA but I'm not sure it's going to be.

I have a hard time remembering how hard of a time I had when first starting SA.I just know I spent a lot of time playing that game. Stage 6 broke me and I took a 2month+ break from the game before coming back. I never did beat stage 6 with only 2 lives from continuation. I got really close a few times but it turns out I had to 1cc it to beat it.
>>
>>15247014
The only hitch in the stage should be when Nue shows up again, if you're not used to her pattern. Byakuren isn't too bad, as final bosses go, especially the last card. After clearing the game for the first time, it took me no more than a few tries to do so with every shot type. Keep at it.
>>
満身創痍
>>
>>15247698
nice
>>
>>15228080
>gameplay

The fuck, there are Touhou games out there? Are they sanctioned by ZUN?
>>
File: get out of jp over the years.jpg (275 KB, 920x920) Image search: [Google]
get out of jp over the years.jpg
275 KB, 920x920
>>15248534
Who exactly are you quoting?
>>
>>15249317
The thread's subject? Are you retarded?
>>
>>15246374
>>15246390
>>15246406
>>15246916

Thanks anons, I'll keep these in mind the next time I try LoLK. Hopefully Clownpiece rapes me gently.
>>
File: amanojaku.gif (549 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
amanojaku.gif
549 KB, 1200x800
>>15228080
Bad at the games and have only gone through them for story reasons in the past few weeks, completing only the very easy ones (GFW, PoFV, and all the fighters) and generally not making it too far on normal with the ordinary shmups..

However, I have now given myself the low goal of "reaching Clownpiece in LoLK and seeing how long I last".

Sadly I can't survive Lunatic Time right now (I think I have 2 or 3 parts of it left, stuck on this bullshit with stars). Or, well, not with Reisen. Gonna try again later, but this is the first time I ever reached a stage 5 and even with the "handicap" of pointdevice I feel pretty accomplished for that. Or, I would, but mostly I'm pretty mad right now.
>>
>>15250734
LOLK is not a nice place for newbies.
Try EoSD or IN on easy, and then bump it up to normal as soon as you can 1cc.
>>
>>15251092
Maybe later, I'm not trying to clear the games just yet. The only reason I'm attempting this little goal is since I figure I should try my hardest for once/LoLK kind of allows it, despite obviously being the hardest in the series.

After I'm 100% fed up, hopefully having started the Clownpiece fight, I'll probably try clearing Ten Desires. That game was very easy. I don't like how IN plays, much, and I figure I'll save EoSD for a little later.

I've actually gotten a lot better at these kinds of games since starting but I know I'm not the best.
>>
>>15250734
>the very easy ones (GFW [...] and all the fighters)
Excuse me? 12.8 is made to be hard, since it's not an ordinal, so ZUN wanted it to be an extra challenge. As for the fighters, 14.5 was intentionally made easy since the story was a prequel to 15, but all the others are ridiculously hard. Are you some kind of savant? If you can clear 12.8, you shouldn't have any problems with anything.
>>
>>15251123
I thought GFW was pretty easy. The clearing mechanic was an easy to understand crutch (one I don't have in any mainline game). It wasn't like STB/DS or ISC, both games I haven't made much progress in although I've enjoyed what I went through (camera games were especially hard). Certainly GFW had challenge but it still felt like an easy game on normal.

Also the only fighter I thought was actually hard was IaMP, because of Reimu's last word in Suiika's story: AKA "fuck you, die". The controls in each took some getting used to/configuration and I will admit, I bumped it down to easy for characters I was bad with, but cleared them otherwise (played ULiL on Lunatic because it was too easy and wasn't any fun)

The characters in question were weird ones like Alice. I can't figure that crap out.
>>
>>15251123
>>15251137
also do be aware I didn't 1CC GFW or anything, I just finished it

and I did not bother with the extra stage, it was hard
>>
>>15251123
I'd say that Fairy Wars is a bit easier to just 1cc than most of the other games, since you can get a lot of resources, even if the patterns are difficult. No stage practice option sucks though.

I'm sure everyone already realizes this, but you should state more specifically for what you are describing the difficulty for. Because it differs depending on what you are going for, not just for which game you are playing.

>>15251140
Using continues doesn't count as finishing it.
>>
>>15251176
>Using continues doesn't count as finishing it.
It does for that game. Saw endings, finished it. Most bar you from a proper ending if you continue. One doesn't even let you finish it.

Well, I never understood that aspect of shmup culture anyway so I don't really care whether I reach an ending with continues or without.
>>
>>15251189
A 1cc means you cleared a game on one credit.
Really, using continues doesn't count as finishing it.
>>
>>15251189
Using continues doesn't give you an ending in Fairy Wars though. Only game where you can and still get good endings is PoFV (or maybe some of the PC98s) if I remember correctly.

Well whatever. Nobody's going to force you to play these games.
>>
File: th002.jpg (323 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
th002.jpg
323 KB, 640x480
How the hell do people play this scene for score? First three photos score seems random, although I know there's some sort of weird timing to it. Can't get close enough on the later photos. Feels bad to be bad.
>>
>>15251231
I guess I was being too loose on definition after being turned away by Sakuya for playing on Easy in EoSD. Getting to an end at all felt good to me.

>Nobody's going to force you to play these games.
???
I've still played all of them, finished a few of them, and will attempt 1CCs at some other time. What's more I don't know how even if one day I just finish them without 1CC'ing that would mean I "haven't played them".

How does that make sense? Does any attempt you make at one of these games that doesn't result in a 1CC not count as playing it?

>>15251230
I know what it means, and I don't get how it doesn't count. Only shmups have this silly little street cred code among games. I get it, since it demonstrates you know how to at the very least earn enough lives to buffer yourself through to finish it all in one go, but failing is a natural result of playing many games, especially difficult ones, and most have to fail a lot before they "succeed 100%".

Saying "doesn't count as finishing it" sounds so ridiculous and even a little pompous.
>>
>>15251282
We're not trying to judge you or hate on your or anything. It's just the lexicon we use around here. When you came in and said you finished GFW, we all assumed that you'd 1cc'd GFW, because that's just how we talk around here. If you've cleared GFW with continues, you just say 'I've cleared GFW with continues'. It requires a different caliber of skill to 1cc, and that 1cc is the holy grail we generally work towards to claim to have bested the game.

Yes, we do have to fail over and over again to get that 1cc. That's why you can proudly wear the badge of having 1cc'd a game on whatever difficulty.

When you said you'd 'cleared' gfw, the first thing that popped into my mind was you grinding it out until you could 1cc it.
>>
>>15251293
I only said I completed it (actually said I'm not even going to bother clearing the STGs here >>15251118), but I suppose that still sounds misleading. I wouldn't say I cleared anything except the fighters, which doesn't feel like an accomplishment beyond IaMP. Even with those for some characters I had to use continues since I was bad with them.
>>
>>15251308
>>15251293
>>15251282
>>15251231
>>15251230
>>15251189
This is a thread for touhou gameplay discussion.
>>
i just beat TD on hard
it was my first touhou game beaten on hard
#wow #whoah
>>
I just beat byakuren with continues. Took me 69 tries. Now I gotta 1cc it...

>>15252649
Nice. I'm looking forward to being able to do hard mode.
>>
Woah what the fuck. So I just got done re-watching stage 6 of my SA 1cc and when I get to Utsuho I use up all my lives chain dying in the first 2 phases. Everything up to that point was exactly as it was in my clear until the boss fight. How the hell does that happen?

I'm letting it play from stage 1 up to see if that fixes it. Damn I didn't back this one up yet.
>>
>>15251326
Yes it is, what are you implying here?
>>
>>15254411
This basically always happens. Start from stage 5 and don't fast-forward.
>>
>>15254597
I was about to type an update. It worked as it should from the beginning. That's the first I've heard of that. I was upset when I saw my character just chain die like that. It also turns out that I had backed it up.
>>
>>15251268
listen closesly to the chime sounds and time the photo late in between the sounds. it may take some time to get a feel for.

for green bullet composition, take after 7 chimes on photo 1, then another 9 chimes for photo 2 (or 15 chimes if you must stall) and same with photo 3. if you do it right you should get 80k on average for 1-3, with a little RNG variance. missing the timing window will drop the score by around 25-30k depending on if late or early. the chime sound timing window exists for all 7 photos
>>
File: 1294451008009.png (70 KB, 289x189) Image search: [Google]
1294451008009.png
70 KB, 289x189
>>15250734
I got through Clownpiece's first nonspell!!!!

AHa, HAHAHA

I died immediately with her first spell card, of course, but I'm just really glad I was able to do that. I feel a great sense of accomplishment.

I'm probably going to quit soon since I'm pretty sure while facing a spell card every death continues to lower your power even below 3.50. I will surely die more than 50 times if I keep going, and I'm not facing one of her spell cards with a level two.
>>
>>15255606
No, you're slightly wrong there. The limitation is that for each chapter, you can never lose more that .5 power. That doesn't change for spell cards. Of course, if you start with less than 3.5, then you can still drop down below 3.

Try again from the beginning, knowing what you know now, and see how much better you do on the way there. You have been learning from your mistakes, right?
>>
>>15255701
Definitely. I think I can somewhat confidently get through that nonspell.

The only things I have definite problems with are...I think it's Doremy's second nonspell, which if there's a way to get though that reliably I don't see it, often I'm just facing a white wall; Doremy's "Dream Catcher" (laser spam), which I know what I have to do but it still frequently blindsides me; Doremy's last card, not because it's particularly hard but I usually end up bombing it because I can't be arsed; and lastly, there's this part during Lunatic Time where these three fairies start spamming stars and lasers. I do a lot better with this as Reimu, but I just can't deal and will bomb it around when the last fairy shows herself and starts throwing out lasers all over the place.
>>
>>15255728
wait, that sure is a lot of Doremy

it's like she's demanding I use the bombs I gathered
>>
File: PCB 1cced.png (718 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
PCB 1cced.png
718 KB, 1280x720
Hey /jp/,I am that anon >>15232267.
I FINALLY DID IT,I 1CCED PCB.
It was kinda hard to 1cc tbqh,but not as hard as EoSD.That game took my whole soul to 1cc.

Youmu didn't give me much trouble as she gave me last time,it was all a matter of being focused,not have anything distract you even for a second and knowing when to bomb.
Also whenever I got Supernatural Border I pressed bomb at the last second,even though I wasn't in any danger,to gather Cherry Points to charge up the next SB faster.

All in all,I learnt three things.
1.Focus on the game.
2.Manage your resources.
3.Practice a lot.

Thanks for encouraging me,kind anons.
On to IN next!
>>
>>15256890
Nice job anon. Good luck with IN. Oh and check out PCB's extra stage. While it's probably going to be too hard for you as it was too hard for me at the time. I ended up pushing through it anyway. Mainly because of the music I think. It's the only one I've beaten so far and it's one of my favorite experiences in the games.
>>
>>15252649
Cool. But format your posts properly, nigger.
>>
>>15257056
>Mainly because of the music I think
Or because it's the easiest Extra in the whole series (being an easy-modo of the actual 'extra', which in that case was the Phantasm stage). It's the only one I've cleared as well.
>>
>>15257315
>Or because it's the easiest Extra
That might be so but I struggled with it. Spent like 30+hours to beat it.
>>
I don't know what happened to me. It didn't happen before but when I die I get angry and makes me want to start from the beginning or simply quit.
How do I fix this?
>>
File: Untitled.png (469 KB, 639x480) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
469 KB, 639x480
>0 seconds left
Fuck.
>>
>>15257413
You're getting better, maybe? When you start out, dying is a given, but as you play more, the stupid mistakes get more and more painful, and you beat yourself up more over them. I, too, find myself restarting at the drop of a hat because 'fucking hell, I can do better than that'.

Instead of instantly restarting from the pause menu, just take a minute to calm down, then keep going. Easier said than done, maybe.

>>15257614
That shit. Twice, I have died to Hell's Artificial Sun after beating Okuu but right before the bullets were cancelled. Shit sucks. Aim to get there with some resources left next time so you don't have to worry about it.
>>
>>15257614
>>15257684
What a nightmare. I haven't had that happen yet.
>>
File: 1298695608972.jpg (115 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1298695608972.jpg
115 KB, 500x500
>>15257413
That was my entire PCB situation.I died to Alice but instead of restarting I chose to press on.
Because of this,I have now 1cced PCB.Don't throw runs at the slightest mistake,although I am guilty of doing this but try to reduce it,it might be the ONE run to your 1cc.

>>15257614
Damn anon,my condonlences.Don't let it get to you though,think how close you were to doing and try again!
>>
>>15257891
>>15257684
I didn't care at all about dying since that was a throwaway run to unlock stage practice on hard.
What made me mad is that I unconsciously closed the game and I didn't unlock anything.
>>
>>15231647
This has been happening for at least 4 years.
>>
>>15255436
Thanks, I'm getting better first three photos already.
>>
File: SA Fucked up replay.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
SA Fucked up replay.webm
3 MB, 640x480
Just made my first SA normal clear with ReimuA (before I've only normal cleared 6 to 15).

I tried many times to attempt a 1cc, but I always got my ass kicked in stage5/6 or screwed up so badly in 4 that I just didn't bother to continue.

I think this time only went well since I sort of got a handle on Orin's spells (except her 3rd normal/spellcard). Just before making this attempt I studied a replay, and was surprised I was able to handle Orin's last card.

http://replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=40341

In the final seconds of Utsuho's last spellcard I had no bomb/lives. I haven't been so hyped for a clear since I made my first normal 1cc of EoSD (which was also my first 1cc ever).

Now I'll try for the other shot types (with my current minimum clear requirement being 'get to stage 6 with 6+ lives, and then bomb shamelessly when needed). Then I'll try to tone down the bombing.

Also I never really noticed the SA replay bug until now. Webm related.

>>15231486
Are you me?

Although you sound like did better.

>>15232267
>Has this ever happened to anyone?
>I was doing so well and then I just threw the whole run for no reason.

In almost every instance where I've attempted to 1cc, something like this happens.
>>
>>15232267
One of the hardest parts of Touhou isn't learning spellcards but learning to do 25+ of them without getting mad when you screw up
>>
>>15259220
>(before I've only normal cleared 6 to 15).
What do you mean?

Congratulations. >>15231486 is me. SA made me much better player more so the other games did. It was also my first non homing shot type. I've been doing Reimu A for everything so far.
>>
>>15259220
>my current minimum clear requirement being 'get to stage 6 with 6+ lives'
And that was playing with Yukari's shot? That doesn't bode very well for clearing with the other types, as hers and Patche's are probably the strongest ones. Nitori's and Alice's especially are just straight-up worse for clearing.

Then again, making it out of stage 5 with that many lives is pretty good. Practice Okuu's cards a bit; I think you'll find them a lot easier to learn than Rin's. You can beat her with only two or three lives, no problem.
>>
So what about that PS 4 exclusive thing? Any news on that?
>>
How do I change the input keys for Touhou SA? The shoot button isn't at the right place and I cannot play like this.
>>
>>15261694
What PS4-exclusive thing? The only PS4-exclusive thing I can recall are those fangames that are getting ported to Sony consoles, but those fangames are all old and perfectly playable on PC so it doesn't matter.

>>15262021
You can't change the input for the mainline Touhou games, you'll have to use an external program.

There are many programs that can help out with that, here's the one I use along with some instructions:
https://www.reddit.com/r/touhou/comments/2mh105/want_to_use_wasd_or_special_keyboard/cm45oxq
>>
>>15262064
Oh, I feel bad for asking now. I noticed that the shoot button was on the Z for French keyboard so all I had to do was switching to English keyboard. Thanks anyway.
>>
>>15261694
You mean Udonge being confirmed for the PS4 version of 14.5? It's lame, but even if she never gets added to the PC version, it's no great loss, since she's not in the story mode.

As for the game being ported in the first place, it's likely because Tasofro are trying to make a name for themselves and/or grab some quick shekels. Nothing to worry about unless you really care about the fighters.

>>15262064
>reddit.com
>>
Just 1cced MoF on Hard. Kanako's last spell was HELL.
>>
>>15262142
Ah. Oh well.

>>15262202
>since she's not in the story mode.
But she is? ZUN specified that the reason Reisen was added instead of literally anyone else was because of story reasons, and he also did say something about Reisen's story being set after LoLK. So her addition will be by all means canon.

>muh reddit memes xD
>>>/v/
>>
File: 1443216273274.png (109 KB, 305x323) Image search: [Google]
1443216273274.png
109 KB, 305x323
Excuse the pleb question but what is the purpose of focusing in the game?
It just seems like you're better off holding down shift the whole time
Is there some kind of technique to it where sometimes it's better to not focus???
>>
>>15263822
Sometimes you can only get out of tight spots by not focusing since you move so much faster. It's also much easier to move and collect items or score points at the border line if you're unfocused
>>
>>15263831
>>15263822
That's not all. Depending on the game, focusing may dramatically change your shot, usually meaning that going unfocused is better for crowd control during stages. In some games, your bomb is different depending on whether or not you're focused. It also affects the ranking system; in 7, for instance, going unfocused will give you more cherry points, and thus more borders (I think? That always confused me). More broadly, the games are designed such that you have to use both focused and unfocused movement, so if you try to stick with just one you will most likely fail.

The only situation in which I've found always focusing to be the correct move is when playing Aya or Marisa in 9.
>>
>>15263822
When you get a little better you'll realize that focusing all the time = death.
>>
I DID IT

HOLY SHIT I ACTUALLY DID IT

1cc Normal EoSD is fucking done, and with a life to spare.

I mean I know that's probably nothing to most of the people here but I've never 1ccd any of these games before. I've actually unlocked the extra level, I got the good ending, holy shit.

This rush.
>>
>>15266025
Congrats on losing your 1cc virginity. I assume you did it with default lives.
>>
File: 1461561840347.jpg (189 KB, 579x819) Image search: [Google]
1461561840347.jpg
189 KB, 579x819
>>15266025
I know how that felt anon,the gratification of that first 1cc after all that practice and failures is amazing.Still remember it to this day.
I actually screenshot all of my 1cc results screens to view them later to feel better when I'm losing too much and see how far I've come.I currently have 2 1cc's,my most recent being PCB.

>And with a life to spare.
Holy shit,I 1cced EoSD like that too,with no bombs and 1 life to spare.Red Magic was a rush to dodge at that point!

But enough about me,congratulations anon,well done!
Will you move on to PCB as well,some other game or perhaps a higher diffuculty?
>>
Why does the ingame PC-98 music sound so muffled compared to the OST I downloaded a while back? I'm using Anex86.
>>
File: 1452796048025.gif (811 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1452796048025.gif
811 KB, 500x281
I just got my first 1cc, PCB.

I feel absolutely fucking amazing. I had no lives left on Resurrection Butterfly and I still managed to do it without bombs or anything.
>>
>>15267650
I got it to work by tweaking Anex86's config. I changed the type in the Sound tab to -86 and Rate/Buffer to 55KHz in the Wave tab.
>>
There are a lot of people getting their first 1ccs or other early milestones in this thread. Is it just because the threads have been up for a while, so there's a place to post about it? Or have there actually been more people starting recently, and if so, why?
>>
>>15268058
I had noticed an upsurge of players a few weeks ago, here and a few other communities. Not necessarily toho communities either, just people wanting to share it.
Maybe this is the upsurge of those players finally 1ccing their first game.
>>
>>15268058
My guess is that people are getting fed up with the video games industry and are getting into indie/doujin stuff more in general
>>
>>15268058
>>15268168
Personally I've been at 2hu on and off for a good 8 months now, but this is the first time I've been able to accomplish anything.

I'm >>15267714
>>
>>15267087
I'll probably move onto PCB soon, but I'll likely play Ikaruga first just to diversify my shmups a bit. I'm gonna try to clear Extra before any of that though, so I'm not totally done with this game yet. I don't plan on moving past Normal in any games, but if I get good enough for it to feel natural to advance then we'll see.

>>15266124
Shit, I actually beat it with five lives. I've played like that so long I forgot it wasn't the default. Oh well, I got the good ending and unlocked extra, so if it's good enough for the game to count it as a clear then that's enough for me.

>>15268168
This is sort of true for me. I first played EoSD like eight years ago and just played in bursts once every few years, but would eventually quit. Damn it feels good to have beaten this after so long. But I've been playing a lot of indie games lately, which is part of why I went back to this. Interesting that there's been a lot of new players for this particular series though.
>>
>>15269851
Just remember that Extra is harder than hard and easier than lunatic.
>>
File: Okuu peek.jpg (260 KB, 459x744) Image search: [Google]
Okuu peek.jpg
260 KB, 459x744
I'm having a very difficult time transitioning from hard to lunatic. I feel like I'm making no progress at all.
>>
File: 49718370_p6_master1200.jpg (226 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
49718370_p6_master1200.jpg
226 KB, 600x600
>>15270197
That's a common occurrence for a lot of people that have transitioned from Hard to Lunatic, myself included. What I would recommend is knocking out some of the easier Lunatics first before looking at the tougher ones, as that would perhaps ease you into the difficulty better.
>>
File: clownpieceofshit.jpg (389 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
clownpieceofshit.jpg
389 KB, 1280x960
Can we talk about how much bs RNG is in Touhou, like how it is in this spellcard? This effectively makes it harder on Normal than Lunatic.
>>
I'd like to play through the danmaku games again, but the fact that I can't bomb while I shoot (press Z and X together) thanks to my shitty laptop keyboard's ghosting problem is really pissing me off.

Is there another control setup I can use, or will I need to use an external device to get rid of this problem?
>>
>>15271772
Use something like AHK to remap.
>>
File: My sadness very big.jpg (120 KB, 392x495) Image search: [Google]
My sadness very big.jpg
120 KB, 392x495
I have a problem when playing bullet hell games.
My vision get blurry when the hail of bullets comes and I sometimes walk into the bullets by accident too.
But I sort of have a easier time playing the PC-98 games. Might be cause of the simple pixel bullets instead of a giant bright .png images allover the screen like someone is throwing tic-tacs at your face.

But can someone please tell me how to play Touhou, as a person that gets blurry vision when playing. I want to enjoy it too.
>>
>>15273139
Usually you hear the opposite complaint, that the restrictive palette of the PC-98 made things harder to see because bullets, background elements, items, and visual effects all look similar.

Maybe try focusing on a smaller area of the screen? I mean, you need to be aware of the whole thing to a certain extent, but when a 'hail of bullets comes', you can just focus on the area immediately in front of you.
>>
>>15273139
How long have you been playing? For the first half year or so after I got into danmaku I would struggle when a lot of shit started happening, but now I only really have problems with arcade or other doujin's true last bosses.
>>
Just got UFO normal 1cc. I think it might have been harder than SA. It was very hard and stressful to say the least. I got byakuren down to a sliver of health before dying the attempt before I got got it. I was almost content with the close wipe but I was like you can't be content with that! I somehow cleared it the very next try.

This game keeps surprising me every time. I vaguely recall a lot of people hating on UFO. I think it's a great game. The the last 3 stages were fantastic especially the last two. The ufo mechanic was overall fun. Though this is only from a normal mode perspective. I don't know how ridiculous capturing ufos are in the harder modes. Normal mode was already super danmaku. In any case I enjoyed the hell out of this one.
>>
File: pcb solved.jpg (119 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
pcb solved.jpg
119 KB, 480x640
What are the native resolutions of the Windows games?

You can choose it in the newer ones when starting them, but are resolutions above 640x480 just upscaled?
>>
>>15273890
>The ufo mechanic was overall fun.
That may be an unpopular opinion, but yeah, the game is quite good overall. Congrats on the clear. Also, if you're going for a clear with every shot type, they're all pretty good, so you shouldn't have any trouble.

>>15273933
It was 640x480 through 13, and the optional sizes in 11 through 13 were upscales. 14 and 15 are actually at 1280x960. And you may know this already, but you can run 6 through 10 upscaled and windowed with vpatch.
>>
>>15273970
I got with Reimu A. I'll check out the other ones for sure.
>>
File: 1446605054780.jpg (167 KB, 1250x1425) Image search: [Google]
1446605054780.jpg
167 KB, 1250x1425
>>15273970
Yes, using vpatch.
Was mainly wondering for recording/encoding purposes, since I can downscale 1280x960 to the original resolution without quality loss in that case for 6-13 and 640x480 is way faster for x264.
>>
>>15273890
>This game keeps surprising me every time
To clarify I meant the touhou series. Every game is so freaking good. I remember thinking at one point that the rest of the games could suck and it would be ok because these games were amazing.
>>
>>15273970
>That may be an unpopular opinion
Why is that? For me, it's one of the most fun mechanics. I love having to chase after the UFOs and shoot them down to get life pieces, I find it very exciting, I feel like it's one of the main reasons why I find UFO to be so fun in general and I almost never get bored of it.
>>
>>15271356
that shit is still easy on normal tho, regardless of the stars, I'm not 100% sure if they're RNG but still hard to predict

if you want to talk about bs randomness in LoLK tho, Junko's final card
>>
>>15274542
It's polarizing. There's no point getting into a lengthy discussion about it, because I've already done that here once and it's not productive for anyone; suffice it to say, there are plenty of people who don't like it. However, since it clearly has its devoted fans as well, I'm glad it exists.
>>
>>15274839
No way, dude. That spell is magnitudes harder on normal.
>>
>>15274872
didn't say it isn't, only said that it's easy regardless, just needed a lot of tries on pointdevice at first but once learned, easy to get it every time.
>>
File: reimureaction.jpg (29 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
reimureaction.jpg
29 KB, 500x500
>Fake Apollo

This was not a fun game to do a blind first run through.
>>
>>15275557
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdcMuALlpQI
>>
Just 1cc'd TD. I pretty much did 3 or 4 play throughs and on the last time it was a clear. I made to the end boss with zero lives lost and basically cheesed the boss with bomb spam because I didn't learn her spell cards yet. Just coming out of an SA and UFO 1cc the only thing challenging here was the endboss. I should learn that fight instead of bomb spamming through it.

Now it's time to finally beat th14. I have a backstory for this game. It was the game that got me into the series years ago. For whatever reason I chose to start at the newest game which was DDC at the time. Being my first shoot'em up game and a danmaku to boot I got my ass kicked. I enjoyed it but not enough to keep playing the series because stopped playing for whatever reason. I decided to start at 14 again 2 years or so later and looking at it I already have 52 hours logged on that game. The end boss was just too hard for me. So I decided to play the games in order starting with 6 instead. Anyway It will be nice to finally beat this game.
>>
>>15280704
I decided to try TD on hard. I cleared it with continues first try. That was a lot of continues... It was pretty fun though.

By the way does anyone use windows 10. ya ya i know. I really like the multi desktops though. Anyway I had an issue with TD lagging in windowed mode. I had to enable maintain aspect ratio through catalyst control center and play in fullscreen mode to get rid of it. But i'm getting noticeable lag again on hard mode. I can play lunatic on the other games like DDC for example without any lag. It's weird because it shows my slowdown at 0.0% and I never seen the fps drop under 60.

Anyway does anyone play TD without issue on windows 10?
>>
>>15281586
try vpatch
>>
>>15281586
I tried Hard mode at windowed 480 resolution and I didn't get any lag. Felt really weird making the jump from EoSD to TD though.
>>
>>15281623
I already use it.

>>15281768
Thanks for looking. Ya TD is pretty different.
>>
>>15282011
Then try not using it. Depending on your system, vpatch can actually make things worse, or so I've heard. It shouldn't be necessary for the newer games anyway.
>>
File: th011.jpg (79 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
th011.jpg
79 KB, 640x480
>>15259418
Thanks.

>(before I've only normal cleared 6 to 15).
>What do you mean?

By that I meant, before I was able to finally 1cc SA (I tried quite a few times, picture related), I've been able to get 1cc's (on normal) for the rest of the whole numbered games ( EoSD, IN, PCB, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK(PD mode)). SA was my last hurdle (now I feel I can make serious Lunatic attempts).

>>15259972
Since then I've been trying my hand with the other shot types and not I've managed to 1cc with Marisa A.

http://replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=40373

I made a few mistakes (okay a lot), and ended up in stage 6 with less lives than with my Reimu A clear, but I still managed to hold on.

Since being able to clear SA, I found I've been fairing a lot better in my extra clear attempts (I'm trying TD extra to start with,and I can now make it to Mamizou's 8th card, and clear her 6th without focus ).

>>15273890
Congrats.

>I think it might have been harder than SA.

For me it was the other way around. I was able to clear UFO before I could even think of clearing SA.
>>
I finally got around to playing PCB. It was a lot harder than I expected. The atmosphere in stages four-six was fantastic, really well done. Didn't expect to be so challenged mechanically and emotionally by PCB, figured it would be one of the less interesting titles. Glad to have been wrong!
>>
>>15287662
is this some sort of meme, or copy pasta?
>>
>>15287781
no just blogging
sorry
>>
>>15287781
Just because you hate pcb doesn't mean everybody was.
Stop treating it like the red faction 2 of touhou games and start treating it like a polarizing game that causes strong opinions.
>>
>>15289693
To be fair, 7 is only 'mechanically challenging' in comparison to 6, and both of them are downright simplistic in comparison to every other game except 10. I think >>15287662 will be pleasantly surprised by the rest of the series, and realize how that level of praise for 7 sounds kind of comical.

Also, you may want to use more board-appropriate comparisons if you want people to stand any chance of knowing what you're on about.
>>
>>15289792
Post your scores
>>
>>15289825
>>
>>15228080
How do i break shields in Hisoutensoku with Sakuya?
>>
>>15287220
Grats on clearing them all. I noticed while you have been playing SA for a long time you only have 9 and a half hours played time for your clear. It took me 30 hours for mine. Most my 1cc's took that long.
>>
>>15290499
Do literally anything. Sakuya is one of the best guard crushers.
>>
>>15280704
Just 1cc'd DDC. That didn't take very many tries. I remembered most of it. I'm a lot better now too. On to LoLK. I'm looking forward to meeting Clownpeice.
>>
>>15291173
Now do it with Sakuya B.
>>
>>15291460
Just tried. That was harder than Reimu A and B.
>>
File: Snort.png (62 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Snort.png
62 KB, 400x400
>>15290537

>I noticed while you have been playing SA for a long time you only have 9 and a half hours played time for your clear

That was because SA made me realize very quickly that my skill level during my previous attempts wouldn't cut it (and the numerous replays available didn't help per say, since seeing it done and being able to do it yourself is quite different) .

I would then shift my focus to the other games (thinking about it, I never really payed attention to my completion times before) clear them and then get back to SA to see how much I've improved.

Honestly I think between clearing UFO and LoLK point device mode (on normal and hard) the last bit of skill I needed was kind of 'beaten into me'.

One of my attempts at clown piece:

https://a.pomf.cat/bbvihc.webm

Picture unrelated.
>>
File: heartfelt.webm (2 MB, 384x450) Image search: [Google]
heartfelt.webm
2 MB, 384x450
I fucking love this stage.
>>
Stage 1 powerup collection is the worst part of EoSD, isn't it?
>>
>>15294059
Pretty much, yeah. It's only doable with Marisa really, with Reimu you might as well just bomb.
>>
File: spin2win.webm (3 MB, 384x450) Image search: [Google]
spin2win.webm
3 MB, 384x450
>>
File: itemdanmaku.jpg (22 KB, 198x198) Image search: [Google]
itemdanmaku.jpg
22 KB, 198x198
>>15293872
Nah fuck that shit
>>
File: yugi.webm (3 MB, 384x450) Image search: [Google]
yugi.webm
3 MB, 384x450
>>15294087
Never caused my any problems. I usually have graze collection during that part of the stage.

The part that always gets me is the streaming section with the green talismans...
>>
>>15294087
nice job looking where you're not supposed to look

and even paying attention to the items at all really
>>
>>15294077
>It's only doable with Marisa really, with Reimu you might as well just bomb.
Go watch a replay to see how it's done properly then.
>>
>>15294077
Then I'm going to make the right choice and play Marisa!
>>
>>15294095
I've never seen a Reimu EoSD replay that managed to collect all of the [P] without bombing. Isn't she just not fast enough?
>>
>>15294102
Oh my bad, I thought you were responding to >>15293872 for some reason. Maybe I need more sleep.

Yeah, I don't think she's fast enough.
>>
>>15294101
In hindsight, a terrible choice for being tired, because I just fly into bullets all the time.

It kind of sucks... the only time I can play shmups is morning and afternoon, by evening I'm useless.
>>
>>15294101
>>15294102
reimuB is the best shot anyways, if you play well enough you're going to get most p items in stage one with her and you don't need to collect all of them
>>
>>15294229
>if you play well
But anon, that implies effort. Cut it down!
>>
>>15294085
stop dropping the items reeeeeee
>>
>>15294090
When i'm focused at 3/4 and I see a nondistinct blob of blue squares heading at me when i'm dodging other similarly textures blue squares, I get that subconscious reflex of "OH SHIT GOTTA MOVE".

Its these parts where I actually have to specifically focus on my character to get through it. Not saying that part is particularly difficult, but my brain wont let me just ignore that shit and I hate it.
>>
File: spin2lose.webm (3 MB, 638x720) Image search: [Google]
spin2lose.webm
3 MB, 638x720
>>15294085
if you were looking for feedback on how to do this section without item drops i hope this can help
>>
>>15294383
Ballsy motherfucker aren't ya
>>
>>15294394
Not really, it's entirely aimed and the spawn locations are static. Once you get to the V-shapes wave you can easily kill the enemies before the spreads fire.
>>
yeah its safer imo
>>
I'm doing point device mode and I just used all my bombs on Clownpeice how fucked am I? I was unconsciously using them after a 100tries. I Even double bombed one and immediately after I tried to kill myself to get them back.
>>
>>15295069
You can definitely get one more bomb, at least; maybe up to three if you try really hard? Save one for Junko's last card, and the rest of the fight isn't too bad. Or, now that you have a better idea what you're doing, you could just start over and it wouldn't take too long.
>>
>>15295158
I'll try without restarting first. Taking a break for now.
>>
>>15294383
Thanks, nice strategy.
>>
It should be illegal to play Marisa B in Mountain of Faith without vpatch and the bugfix.
>>
seija has absolutely wiped the floor with my face

where's her uprising for me? i'm a mop at this point
a sad broken mop
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.