[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Touhou Music Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 22
File: Doremy.png (1 MB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
Doremy.png
1 MB, 1000x667
Rip for Dr. Latency's Freak Report right here too https://mega.nz/#!nBdymRbB!-nTYX0vVuzgNb-BPRpR5KOG3HmbYArv-RI_cTjxHkuM v0

What's your favorite all-round OST for the series?
>>
Where can I find the official osts in flac? That including not only the games but also every CD. Any collection I find is in mp3.
>>
File: 1206481744274.jpg (3 KB, 126x126) Image search: [Google]
1206481744274.jpg
3 KB, 126x126
PCB. Call me boring, but Crystallized Silver is the best track of the series.
>>
>>15197551
https://mega.nz/#!rZkBBZBQ!T5HTHsQjEeVmSdzN_xvyRvDmM7vSMzsX7fvY_3gCRIE

Here's the better 320k link.
>>
Any artists like IOSYS?
>>
>>15197551
A tie between IN and Magical Astronomy for sure. Though I really enjoyed SA's music too. Okuu's theme had an amazing power to it and suited her danmaku perfectly.
>>
PC98:
LLS>MS>PoDD
Windows:
SA>TD>UFO
Music CD:
MA>GFC>NToJ
Others:
Seihou SSG>KG
>>
>>15197551
Don't think I have a proper answer to that question. I will say that I really enjoyed most of GFW's soundtrack.
>>
While I think the DDC OST is criminally underrated because people didn't like the game, I have to go with IN
Deaf to All but the Song, Plain Asia, Nostalgic Blood of the Orient, Love Colored Master Spark, Cinderella Cage, Lunatic Red Eyes, History of the Moon, Flight of the Bamboo Cutter, and Extend Ash are all top-tier tracks.
I've never seen the appeal of Reach for the Moon, Immortal Smoke though.

A close second would probably be LLK honestly. September Pumpkin and Pure Furies are probably both in my top 10 tracks in the entire series.
>>
>>15197551
For games: Either IN, SA, or UFO

Music collection: Magical Astronomy, Retrospective, or Izanagi

Single best song: Magus night
>>
>>15197586
I'd say give C-Clays a shot, they do good music.
>>15197606
Good taste anon, Pure Furies is fucking amazing.
>>15197574
Why Crystallized Silver? I never see that one being picked.
>>15197596
LLS > HRtP > SoEW
>>
>>15197606
Mokou's theme reminds me of a Soviet male choir song which increases in tempo as it progresses.
I sometimes dream of it being sung by the Alexandrov Ensemble choir. It's my idea of a perfect doujin arrange which will never happen.
>>
I like SA the most out of Windows because it's just very 'varied'. Some say this could make the OST disjointed but for me it only adds to the uniqueness. I like the very eastern sounding stage 3 theme with the very western sounding stage 5 theme. Although not my favorite, I feel like IN has the most technical and complex composition from any ZUN work. The piano work there is just amazing especially at the later stages where the music just goes very fast.
>>
>>15197622
>Why Crystallized Silver?
It's simple, energetic, the little "ok, get ready, let's go" intro thing is clever for a boss fight theme, and its few arranges are extremely pleasant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uZcTX1TikA

Its only downfall is it's very short, making it somewhat tiresome on a loop. But hey, Letty's only the first boss.
>>
>>15197642
SA's got a great OST, but honestly Last Remote, Lullaby of a Deserted Hell and Heartfelt Fancy are some of the best somber songs.
>>
>>15197656
Damn this is a nice groovy arrange, I see your point anon, good taste there.
>>
>>15197642
SA did have some great variety. Yuugi's theme with it's very eastern feel, like you mentioned, goes so well as a contrast to Satori's almost gothic sound, into the melancholy stage 5 theme, and then Nuclear Fusion finishes it off with a full on rock piece.
>>
>>15197606
>because people didn't like the game
Who the hell have you been talking to? DDC is incredibly beloved.
>>
>>15197688
Really? I was under the impression that /jp/ hated it on release, but I might be mistaken.
>>
>>15197606
>people didn't like the game
No respectable fan disliked this game, it was great in almost every aspect.
>>
>>15197694
I'm pretty sure /jp/ hate all touhou games on release, they did the same for LoLK.
>>
>>15197694
/jp/ hates everything on release, because the people actually enjoying the games are out playing it.

Also don't forget, people who dislike things yell louder than those that love them.
>>
Of the games I've played:

LoLK = SA > MoF > PCB > IN > MS > LLS > EoSD > SoEW

It was hard ranking these, aside from the top 3 everything was a really close pick
>>
File: 50806145_p0.jpg (154 KB, 372x445) Image search: [Google]
50806145_p0.jpg
154 KB, 372x445
>>15197606
>I've never seen the appeal of Reach for the Moon, Immortal Smoke though.
Same here, even though Mokou is my second favourite overall, as far as Tohus go. It doesn't help that people attempt to mix it into musical genres which don't fit its folksy mainline at all.

Isn't it sad, Mokou?
>>
For the games I'd say IN. It was the first Touhou I played so there might be some nostalgia effect, but there are so many solid tracks. At that time I didn't know shit about Touhou music, I just thought they were weeb-targeted funny games, so I found myself stunned and amazed when, after my first laughable runs (ending on stages 2 up to 4), I realized I was anticipating the music of the next stage as if my life depended on it.

Ghostly Eyes is such a perfect intro, setting the mood right for the long night it's going to happen.

>>15197606
>I've never seen the appeal of Reach for the Moon, Immortal Smoke though
You might try giving it another chance (timestamp):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNYIxtOXvyQ&t=13m19s
>>
>>15197569
Touhou Lossless Music Collection.

Only album it should be missing is ULiL and ZUN's music collection 5.5 I believe.
>>
>>15197694
I feel like DDC is the most polished Touhou game to date. It's difficulty was spot on if you didn't abuse the life system and the danmaku was pretty creative even by ZUN standards. I thought Seija's gimmick was very cool and creative. I also like the OST. Emphasis on like because I would've loved it if it weren't for that fucking guitar.
>>
>>15197727
God. I absolutely love Marasy.
>>
>>15197551
Might as well post it here too
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7gu7kn3wxeewm8/Pure%20Furies%20-%20Whereabouts%20of%20the%20Heart%20%28Original%20%2B%20Dr.%20Latency%29.mp3?dl=0
Pure furies mashup
>>
>>15197734
Going into Seija's fight totally blind was one of my favorite experiences in the series. The "wait what the fuck" moment the first time she flips the screen was absolutely priceless for me.
>>
>>15197746
I remember actually getting nauseous the first time around, because I wasn't prepared for it. I also inch closer to the screen when playing Touhou. Damn, Seija was a really fun fight thinking about it.
>>
File: 1338294696626.jpg (136 KB, 420x675) Image search: [Google]
1338294696626.jpg
136 KB, 420x675
>>15197734
>danmaku was pretty creative
I'll admit I was a little shocked when Banki's head started hounding my ass.
>>
Reminder.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFtsZhF1Kug
>>
>>15197734
I can't get over how fun Shin's fight was, the spellcard where she makes YOU bigger was so unexpected.
>>
Listen to this beautiful compilation

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm28702233
This guy Mitty is a god in composing touhou for piano and released a music CD on Reitaisai. Only tracks missing are the extra stage and boss here, but they are in the actual released CD
http://mystic9th.com/ is his official page
>>
>>15197694
DDC is decisive as a game.

It is disliked by some because it really does have some pretty bland writing, bad pacing storywise and fairly average music early on. In fact Waggysaggy has possibly the least number of lines of any Stage 1 boss since the PC-98 era.

Gameplay wise though it is a fairly good all rounder game and for people who actually like the Touhou games that is more important. It does also have a very strong final two stages overall so a lot also consider that making up for the first two thirds.
>>
>>15197766
Honestly, the music from stage 4's boss onwards just captured me. Shinmyou's theme is my 2nd favorite theme in the whole series.
>>
File: da0f93e3dcfb096c58b07eaa317a9c77.jpg (185 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
da0f93e3dcfb096c58b07eaa317a9c77.jpg
185 KB, 1024x1024
>>15197668
>Satori's almost gothic sound
How did I never make that connection before?
>>
Are there any programs that can rip music from the dat files compatible up to LoLK?
>>
>>15197727
>Ghostly Eyes is such a perfect intro, setting the mood right for the long night it's going to happen.
I think it's one of my favourite stage 1 themes ever, you might want to check out Fox Laboratory's arrangement of it too it really re-captures everything I loved about the song.

https://youtu.be/cTake9WJ4-o
>>
>>15197817
Fox Laboratory always deliver, damn.
I think my favorite stage 1 theme would still have to be SA's though, it really did have quite a nice feeling to it.
>>
>>15197730
Damn, I don't want to spend months to download 900gb of stuff I don't want only to get the official tracks.
>>
>>15197864
What? Why would you do that?

Any torrent client worth half it's shit would allow you to just select the stuff you want to download, everything is catalogued fairly well so it's just a matter of setting selecting do not download on everything and just ticking the Team Shanghai Alice albums.
>>
I'm gonna give my thoughts about the Touhou game OST's. You don't have to read them if you don't want to.

HRtP: I feel like this is a very atmospheric track. Very gloomy and sad except for the bosses which sounds exciting by the end with Sariel and Konngara.
SoEW: probably my least favorite PC 98 track. Sounds very empty and lonely.
PoDD: I feel like Yumemi's theme and Mima's theme could carry this by themselves but the others are pretty great too. Dim. Dream is one of my favorite Marisa theme.
LLS: For me, this is ZUN at his best or more accurately, when he first found his true style of music. The songs range from somber Alice Maestra and the very intimidating Sleeping Terror.
MS: I feel this has a very upbeat and whimsical tune, fitting with the Alice in Wonderland theme. It's fast pace also brought a sense of speed to the game.
>>
>>15197886
I think the best track in SoEW is honestly End of Daylight, that track is just brilliant on another level for how unique it is. Rika's themes were pretty good too.
>>
File: 1388749116295.jpg (203 KB, 512x709) Image search: [Google]
1388749116295.jpg
203 KB, 512x709
>>15197551
IN, with SA and MoF running close behind.

For PC-98, it's MS followed by PoDD.
>>
>>15197886
(Cont)
EoSD: aside from the overused songs in remixes, I feel this OST is very striking and memorable. It's has catchy themes that makes it no wonder why it tops the polls (even though I disagree)
PCB: It has a sense of calmness associated with winter and a 'cold' atmosphere as well. But it also has a sense of urgency with the later stage themes. Yuyuko's and Yukari's theme are very epic (for lack of a better word) in feel.
IN: the piano here is very well done and coherent even in the fast songs at the end stages. In fact, I feel as though ZUN used too much of the piano sometimes in this game. The early stages captures the long night feel very well.
PoFV: I think the OST is a bit disjointed but that's just me. Eiki's theme is very powerful but Komachi is very easy to listen too. I hate Yuuka's theme though. Her LLS ones are miles better.
MoF: I think this has the catchiest themes in the series. Ot also has the best sense of speed with the stage 6 theme and Kanako's theme is just straight up evil. I love it.
>>
https://docs.google.com/document/d/11sjqdwSYr1u1DoJ6qj1jTPCq4-zoRAV2oSawKzGRTUQ/edit
let's write lyrics for it
>>
>>15197968
>Those Pure Furies lyrics
hah
>>
>>15197943
(Cont)
SA: I love the mix of western and eastern music in this one. The festive stage 3 doesn't feel out of place with the dark and gothic stage 4. It has the best atmosphere with stage 5 being a living hell and the theme being a very somber track.
UFO: For the earliest parts, it has a very bright and cheerful tone. It never felt serious until stage 5. From there, it has some of the darkest themes in Touhou. Stage 6 is very atmospheric with it's heartbeat playing. After that, it's very bright and cheerful again with Byakuren and UFO romance.
TD: I felt sometimes that the drumbeats get in the way but most of the times it really complements the themes. It has the most beautiful stage 1 theme in any Touhou and a really good stage 5 theme. I think the boss themes could be better except for Mamizou, her theme is already perfect for her.
DDC: that guitar sounds too artificial for my tastes. Sekibanki has a bitchin theme and Shin's theme is a very serious final boss theme. The stage 5 theme is also really intimidating. It feels as though you're fighting an even bigger threat than the ones before.
LoLK: it has a shmup style soundtrack so it can be a hit or miss. It's very serious, especially in stage 2 and 3. Stage 5 has a sense of height and speed as you're flying through space. The boss themes are pretty good, though they take their time to reach their climaxes. This is because ZUN created longer tracks to compensate for dying over and over in Pointdevice mode probably.
>>
>>15197876
Thank you, the thought never crossed my mind.
>>
Just finished listening to DLFR.

I really really like Natural History of the Childlike Duo. A lot of the other original tracks couldn't really live up to the ones in NToJ or MA.

As for the non-original songs, I really like what he did with Eternal Short Lived Reign and Shining Needle Castle Floating in the Air. I also think he certainly made Pure Furies a lot better than the version in LoLK.

Overall, it was pretty good. Can't wait until the story is translated, I can't get enough Maribel and Renko.
>>
Favourite OSTs? umm let's see..

-PoDD: I'm charmed by that game. I don't know.

-IN: Well, it's the best Touhou, isn't it? Particulary, I enjoy the pianos, and drums... Tracks like "Illusionary Night ~ Ghostly Eyes", "Song of the Night Sparrow ~ Night Bird", and "Voyage 1970" are some on my top from the franchise (Voyage 1970 is actually my quick answer to the "what's you fave Touhou track?" question)

MoF: beautiful game, beautiful ZUNpets, beautiful setting eh, anyway, I don't care about this game that much

SA: I like the tunes, and moodness.... Satori-sama theme is 11/10 stuff, btw

UFO: Here, I praise the.. umm variety, enjoyable, particular sound of the melodies. I think it's excellent... and top tier stuff

DDC: Nice overall OST. ZUN has changed since TD... this one is surprisingly great.

and some extra, and because I want to point it out, Seihou's Kioh Gyoku: I love this one so much! the pianos... delicious. Love that ZUN, (favourite ZUN?).
>>
>>15198126
Muse's and Yuuka's themes in KG are fantastic. I honestly like those versions more than the ones in DiPP.
>>
>>15197551
Thank you for the upload OP
Vielen Dank für den Upload OP
Благодарим Вас за ОП загрузки
アップロードOPありがとうございました
Arigatou Gozaimasu
>>
File: 51260055_p5_master1200.jpg (1 MB, 953x1200) Image search: [Google]
51260055_p5_master1200.jpg
1 MB, 953x1200
I really like Schrödinger's Bakeneko, it reminds me of ZUN's older works.
>>
I know the fighting games have some history for not being liked here but, is anyone else looking forward to more of them because of the sweet arranges we usually get of existing character themes?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnhMNwaB4wU
>>
EoSD, IN, DiPP, MA, PoFV, and CoSD
I've always found DiPP Reincarnation as ZUN's most incredible composition, though U.N. Owen and Now, Until Moment You Die are my favorite themes.

>>15197734
>the danmaku was pretty creative even by ZUN standards.
I think UFO is the most creative here in danmaku
All sorts of unexpected stuff you're getting hit with, Nazrin's pendulums, those weird things Kogasa had, Unzan, anchors, curvy lasers and Nue using UFOs.
>>
>>15198136

That feeling of hearing Muse's theme is superb.
Mine favourite are Milia's (the ending part, precisely), VIVIT's (dat sweet piano).... then there is the twins' intro... Gates theme...even Marie's gives me a fun time to listen to.
n.n
>>
>>15197817
Thanks anon, that was amazing. I'm sure I have heard it before in some orchestral medley but couldn't name the author.
>>
>>15198250
I was a bigger fan of the new songs by U2 really...the title theme, Occult la carte and also Moukou's new theme stuck out especially for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blqEc0xJ4bE
>>
>>15198471
Bamboo Forest in Flames honestly is one of the best stage themes in the game, it encaptures the brilliant feeling of a fun sparring match like no other.
>>
>>15198250
I honestly think the fighters have some of the best title themes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzlsUAzGC2U
>>
>>15198486
I agree.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfHAH2LNI4s
>>
>>15198486
Nothing will ever beat EoSD's title theme for me.
>>
Does anyone know where to find ZuikakuP's Easy Ensemble? I could only find a baidu link (god forbid) and a link to their website (http://handcraftrecords.net/release/crft004.html), which seems to be down. Thanks.
>>
Any FLAC rips of Dr. Latency yet?
>>
File: 1422660858056.png (110 KB, 398x345) Image search: [Google]
1422660858056.png
110 KB, 398x345
>>15197551
I love the new CD, the first track and Dr. Latency's in particular. The first is so upbeat and happy going, the second is so spacey and technological sounding.
>>
I'm disappointed in this version of Pure Furies.
>>
Are we having new RD sounds this reitaisai?
>>
>>15197551
I really love MoF's and UFO's soundtracks personally. I feel like they really fit the themes of both games very well and have a nice blend of emotions to both, ranging from errie and dark themes like Heian Alien and Road to an Apotropaic God to light-hearted themes like At the End of Spring and The Gensokyo the Gods Loved.

I'm slowly starting to grow rather fond of LoLK as well, but I'm unsure if it's because of it being the latest game or not.
>>
Wow, dBu's version of Pure Furies is so bad compared to the original. ZUN really did a great job in the instrumentation of the song.
>>
>>15198471
Agreed. I really like how Bell of the Antipodes is essentially a more serious Dancing Water Spray
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLjp99esmK0

>>15198270
>All sorts of unexpected stuff you're getting hit with, Nazrin's pendulums, those weird things Kogasa had, Unzan, anchors, curvy lasers and Nue using UFOs
I don't think I've heard anyone else share that opinion with me till now. I enjoyed that because it really made the bosses stand out with even a stage 1 boss like Nazrin gets giant pendulums shooting at you point blank, and it only gets more rough from then on out.
>>
File: 1420478335550.jpg (24 KB, 398x298) Image search: [Google]
1420478335550.jpg
24 KB, 398x298
>>15197596
>TD > UFO
>>
>>15198568
Honestly one of my favorite themes in the series. It just really nails that sort of Japanese summertime vibe for me, I dunno. Definitely not enough remixes of the fighting game themes.
>>
>>15197886

completely agree about PoDD and LLS. Sleeping Terror gets me HYPE
>>
File: 1462680619229.png (976 KB, 1300x1200) Image search: [Google]
1462680619229.png
976 KB, 1300x1200
>>15197551
>What's your favorite all-round OST for the series?
PCB without a doubt. There are just so many tracks I enjoy.
>>
>>15201067
They're both great, the best stage themes ZUN's ever made
>>
http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Dr._Latency%27s_Freak_Report/Story

Translated
>>
>>15201636
That was neat. The ties it made with Gensokyo were pretty cool. Wish it were a little more eventful though.

I really hope the trend of Renko looking more like Yumemi keeps up. I would be so happy if a link between her and Yumemi that's as clear as Maribel and Yukari popped up. I guess we'll see in another four years.
>>
New CD is pretty nice but I have to admit I'm somewhat disappointed with the remix of September Pumpkin and Pure Furies, both are some of my favorite tracks of LoLK OST and these arranges kinda lack some of the punch that the original tracks had. On the other hand, The Frozen Eternal Capital arrange sounds really good and has a nice progresison to it and I really loved the use of drums in new The Sea Where Home Planet is Reflected. Out of the new tracks I found Schrödinger's Bakeneko to be the most interesting one and Beyond Planck in an Instant to be the weakest one.
>>
>>15201636
I love how this story is trying to give a scientific explaination to youkai and Gensokyo.
Maybe that's why she got attacked by so many youkai aside from the fact outside world humans means free meal since not protected by the rules.

>"Perhaps that could be another brane world..."
>"A what."

I couldn't help but laugh hard here.
>>
>>15201636
>Team Shanghai Alice: ZUN (really enjoyable things can't be found with Google)

This freaking drunkard.
>>
Does anyone know the song name or album at 6:25 onward in this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ets4GhBNdQ
>>
Why is the music in the Touhou Lossless collection .tta? What's wrong with FLAC?
>>
>>15202774
because most of the prolific doujin rippers back in the day used TTA files, so it's popular in the doujin scene. There's really no other reason.
>>
That version of Ringo's theme in ZUN's new album is a lot worse than the original one. Poor fatbunny.
>>
>永夜抄's score is so fucking great that the NEETs couldn't fit all their reprises on one album and had to take the spot for what should have probably been a 萃夢想 album
Just tells you how great it is. I'd love to give a listen to the new album that is resting right besides me right now but I'm too tired.
>>
>>15202774
In the older days of the scene most rippers used .APE and .TTA as the main lossless formats, it wasn't till the last few years more changed to FLAC's.

They're all the same really they all come under the same umbrella of lossless formats so it's just basically different flavours of the exact same thing.
>>
>>15201636
The songs really get a 1000% times better while reading the booklet stories. ZUN always amazes me with that talent.
>>
>>15201636
Can't wait for Dr. Latency's full book!
>>
>>15203619
Just hope you'll be alive by the time it comes out
>>
>>15201636
Nice commentary from Zun.
>>
>>15203519
ZUN has a very original mind. These are some interesting perspectives on technology.
>>
>>15201715
Why is Renko linked to Yumemi compared to something like far far away ancestor of Hakurei?
>>
>>15204123
>Yumemi
-Yumemi is a super genius level professor with a fascination in the occult and magic who specializes in grand unified theory physics
-She is heavily implied to be from the far off future and that her ship is a time machine
-Knows of Gensokyo and has been trying to break into it to prove it and the existence of magic

>Renko
-Renko is a physics student prodigy who studies 'super unified physics' specializing in string theory also with a fascination in the paranormal
-At the point of MA the story implied grand unified theory has just been established as it's mentioned gravity has been unified with the other forces
-We know she is from a highly advanced future where colonization has been possible
-Knows of Gensokyo but does not have the actual ability to travel there besides through Maribel
-As of DLFR's art she now wears the same outfit Yumemi now
>>
>>15197551
IN has the most memorable soundtrack, every theme in the game is amazing, but DDC has some of my favorite themes so I'd say it's a draw between them for me, SA is second favorite and after that is MoF.
>>
How old are Renko and Maribel? Does anything say for sure how old they are?
>>
>>15204577
Yumemi for reference purposes. The outfit is getting remarkably close to an outright match.
>>
>>15197551
LLS, EoSD and PCB are my favorites
>>
>>15197551
Standard Games (Which is to say Mainline games that play like traditional shmups with set stages and bosses):
PCB > LoLK > SA

Other Games:
PoFV > SWR > Fairy Wars

Music CD:
MA > R53M > TGA

Best Song Overall:
Magician's Melancholy
>>
>>15197634
The IN extra stage makes me think of flying over Moscow at night.
>>
>>15205692
They're in college, for one.
>>
>>15197551
故郷の星が映る海 is supreme but Dr.Latency's version is actually bad, holy shit.
The climax in this is totally wasted, instead of being something grand like in the original, it's drowned in a sea of noise.
>>
Why does Border of Life sound mediocre but has fucking god tier arranges?
Why does Dream Battle sound fucking god tier but has mediocre arranges?
>>
>>15206176
>mediocre arranges
>mediocre arranges
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQEG31bc35Y
>>
windows: SA > MoF > > ISC > IN > DDC > StB > EoSD > UFO > TD > PoFV > PCB > LoLK

LoLK's OST was really disappointing especially after Stage 3, all of the boss themes after that are really bad. PCB's music isn't really bad but it's horribly mixed and overly loud. I found SA and MoF to have the best and most interesting compositions ZUN has done.

PC-98: MS > SoEW > PoDD > LLS > HrTP

I always thought SoEW had some really unique and underrated songs.

Haven't really dabbled with the albums much so no opinions on those.
>>
>>15206211
Awful
>>
>>15206176
Here's my submission.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4-ang_rst4
>>
>>15206176
Also I find only the 12.3 version of 幽雅に咲かせ、墨染の桜 ~ Border of Life to be mediocre, mostly due to a slight shift in one of the chorus frames. 7's and 7.5's are fine.
>>
>>15206211
I didn't like it either, sorry.

>>15206285
This is far from being god tier, but it's so playful and relaxing (and Kinema Kan's video helps) I could listen to it all day.
>>
What is the most nostalgic touhou song?
>>
>>15206349
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZvnP0svJzk
>>
>>15206349
This is a good one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjrOOIUkUno
>>
>>15206363
It really does work like magic. Even though it's impossible, I somehow feel like I heard this song as a kid.
>>
>>15206349
Probably subjective, but I'm gonna have to say Chinese Tea. It was the first EoSD song that really stood out to me and opened my eyes to just how great Touhou soundtracks are.
>>
>>15206527
the entire EoSD soundtrack has a very nostalgic feeling, probably has something to do with the less refined instrumentation
>>
>>15206349
This song always reminds me of how long I've been in this fandom, I mean even the name is a bit on the nostalgic side.
https://youtu.be/5D4hh0tKmh4
>>
>>15206349
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2_tY7cl818
>>
Quick answers:
MoF > PCB = IN > rest.
Fall of Fall ~ Autumnal Waterfall is my favorite theme in the entire series, and Road of the Apotropaic God ~ Dark Road is easily top five. The Gensokyo the Gods Loved is up there as well.

I'd also mention SWR if it "counted", both the arranges and the original tracks (Sky of Scarlet Perception).
>>
>>15205791
Literally all she needs is a red vest like that, redder hair (which has been getting redder every fucking album), and to lose the hat. You wouldn't even be able to tell if it was Renko or Yumemi if that happened.
>>
>>15206527
That was my first favorite Touhou theme, the entire OST of EoSD is filled with nostalgia for me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7FV5LYXAYo
>>
>>15206349

For me, I could count some..

-Forest of Tohno: I think it's cute, it makes me think of a forest, and innocent forest, it throws me back when I was a child and used to play games, and..- I don't know, weird feelings.. The word "Tohno" by itself sounds nostalgic for some weird reason

-Sky of Scarlet Perception: Totally, it means a lot to me. Actually, I can't hear it that much, because I don't want to feel all weird, thinking back when I've first played the game... getting into Touhou's characters... SWR means a lot.

-Nostalgic Blood of the East ~ Old World: It screams nostalgia, I'm not urprised. to be more precise, I remember the first time I've heard... I thought I've already heard it before! Also, one of the very earlier tracks I've heard.

>>15206586 and I agree with that
>>
>>15206349
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w279PjazOAw
>>
>>15206349
A God That Loves People ~ Romantic Fall
MoF entire soundtrack is somewhat Nostalgic, but this one is probably the best at this.
>>
File: 1451398053677.jpg (6 KB, 145x145) Image search: [Google]
1451398053677.jpg
6 KB, 145x145
>>15202579
Please help me.
I have been finding the song for years. The original video on nico doesn't even have a proper description.
>>
>>15202579
>>15207809
Oh, that? Its a c78 album.

Hold on i'll find the link.
>>
>>15202579
>>15207809
Okay well I couldn't find a working/legit link anymore since its kind of old so I just uploaded it. Its track 9. I knew my habitual archiving of comiket would be useful for someone.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/pvrlbb2mbnk7zbv/(C78)+[Melodic+Taste]+千年幻想交響祭+(v0).rar
>>
>>15207903
Thank you so much anon.
>>
>>15206068
Yes, but we have no idea what college age in their time is. As of PoDD, kids are graduating from graduate school at 13.
>>
>>15208045
PC-98 canon doesn't even matter
>>
>>15201636
Okay, Renko is definitely Yumemi. But who is Chiyuri? It can't be Merry.

/jp/ is going to explode if Renko gets a blonde assistant in the next CD.
>>
>>15198270
DiPP Reincarnation reminds me of the Wild West, for some reason.
>>
>>15197575
The rip that OP posted is much better. The one that you posted has a major cut off at 16kHz.

Anyone got a FLAC version?
>>
File: 1385126101068.jpg (26 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
1385126101068.jpg
26 KB, 400x267
DANCEHALL died after Dominated. Ultra was a mistake.
>>
>>15197551
Subterranean Animism

>>15197688
DDC is third worst. Only UFO and LOLK (current worst) beat it.

DDC has AWFUL Gimmicks for supplies, bland as fuck characters, awful stage 5 and 6 bosses.

It was probably the most rushed out game.

LOLK was just Zun didn't give a fuck and shipped out an incomplete game as 'Legacy' mode is functionally broken.
>>
>>15197551
Requires Decryption Key. baka here.
>>
After years of study, I can safely conclude that Cosmic Mind is the best last boss theme, and Nuclear Fusion is the one that fits the fight the most.
>>
>>15208696
the gimmick for supplies in DDC is great what are you talking about? if you wanna talk about bad gimmicks talk about UFO and TD
>>
>>15208760
>just to get bomb frags 9/10
do you even know how the system works?

Anyway DDC uses an existing established mechanic of POC to encourage you to make risky moves to the top of the screen. This is good. It's also quite generous with the amount of supplies you can get if you master the system.

TD adds extra item type that forces you to go up because they don't fall, it unintuitively gives more life/bomb pieces if you use trance, and the whole trance system itself is a disgrace that required adding a third button. Not to mention how little resources TD gives you in general and how irrelevant picking the supplies gets when you need 20 or something to get a bomb.

Both UFO and TD suffer from adding a gimmick that doesn't work well with existing systems, DDC uses existing mechanics that forms the gimmick.
>>
>>15208789
Except Trance is utterly ignorable.

And unless you're a score fag once you got your full power why even bother going to POC at all.

It's pretty shit. Not as awful as the UFOs or the cancer system of LOLK but it's pretty fucking awful.
>>
>>15206363
Pure nostalgia everytime. It does really well to capture you from the get go.
>>
>>15208673
Oh damn. Just checked myself too and you're right. I didn't find a FLAC version yet.
>>
Everyone should do themselves a favour and re-listen to Izanagi Object. Listening to the original again 4 years later only made it better. Especially now that I'm used to post MoF ZUN.
>>
>>15207903
>>15207923
Bit late to mention this now, but the TLMC has a lossless rip of that album as well.
>>
>>15208789
>it unintuitively gives more life/bomb pieces if you use trance
Wait what? Mind explaining? All the time I played TD and never realized you got more life/bomb pieces in trance mode. I just thought the game was really stingy.
>>
>>15209073
you get twice as many
>>
>>15209123
So you mean whatever collected pieces during trance are doubled up? No wonder I never noticed...
>>
>>15209061
Good to know, i'm fine with v0 but I know others prefer lossless.
>>
>>15208676
DARKNESS POWER and STAND UP! are pretty good. Although I agree on the general sentiment. All the Pop|Cultures ruined Alstroemeria.
>>
>>15206224
>LoLK's OST was really disappointing especially after Stage 3, all of the boss themes after that are really bad
How is Pure Furies bad?
>>
File: 1346711080683.gif (472 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
1346711080683.gif
472 KB, 500x250
>>15209216
I was kinda expecting it to be shit but I had hoped I was wrong.
>>
>>15206224
>LoLK's OST was really disappointing especially after Stage 3
Are you feeling okay? Stage 3 is when the OST goes from meh-tier to being literally one of the best entire series, PC-98 and Windows included.
>>
>>15209795
There's the other DANCEHALL if you want a pick me up.
>>
>>15209815
>Ringo's theme
>meh-tier
Nigga you what
>>
>>15208795
Saying you can ignore Trance is like saying that you can ignore UFOs. Technically, yeah, that's true, but you're gimping yourself pretty hard in order to do so.

And LoLK has a fantastic resource mechanic. You get lives from playing the game itself well, and that's what all resource mechanics should aspire to be.
>>
>>15209851
I love September Pumpkin but the rest of the themes in stages 1-3 are a little weak. One incredibly good theme can't make up for the meh other ones.
>>
>>15210476
>stage 1
>Seiran
>Ringo
>stage 3
>Doremy
Anon please, LoLK's entire OST is great.
>>
>>15208137
It sure as hell does if Renko's Yumemi, which she probably is.
>>
>>15210631
I like Doremy's theme too.

Seiran's theme is nice for how weird and funky it is but is otherwise kind of bland.

I just CANNOT get into the stage themes though. They aren't unlistenable but I would never listen to them on their own. It's really weird too, because then Stage 4 and 5 come along and absolutely slam it out of the park. Those two are serious contenders for spots on the top 10 songs in the entire series. Stage 6 is a lovely piano arrangement of Junko's theme (which is amazing). The Extra Stage isn't quite so good though.

Seriously though ZUN was possessed when he made Stages 4 and 5. The former has such lovely piano and feels like traveling through a frozen capital of purity. The second just makes me think of flying in space and dodging fire from spaceships--or, in this case, fairies--effortlessly dodging their onslaught and having a blast.
>>
>>15210645
I wouldn't be surprised if Renko is Yumemi.

I would also not be surprised if Yumemi is simply brought back from PC-98 like Yuuka and Alice--treated as a completely new character with no connection to her PC-98 version outside of character design and name. Hell, we might not even have Chiyuri back (or she could drastically change too).

>Captcha tells me to put in "666"

Renko confirmed for Satan
>>
>>15210759
Pretty much sums up my feelings about LoLK OST as well, stage 1, 2 and 3 themes the blandest but work well enough with the gameplay to not be a problem at all. Everything else in the game is pretty much top notch, except maybe Sagume's theme, I don't like it that much.

It's amazing how good stage 5 is a whole, both stage and boss theme, stage gameplay, Clownpiece. Everything just works so well together.
>>
Why the fuck is the norm to put the singer's name as the artist name in the songs' metadata? It should be put as performer instead.
>>
>>15210771
I wouldn't say Yuuka has no connection to her PC-98 self. She seems to have a small grudge with Reimu, and they have dialogue indicating they've fought before. Plus youkai get more polite as they age. As for Alice, I've got no idea how they would be linked, considering windows Alice has just recently become a youkai from being a human, as opposed to Makai being.
>>
>>15210645
She isn't though
>>
>>15210989
Apparently not everyone uses f2k. It sucks, I know.
>>
>>15210989

Okay, serious answer though, my best guess is that a lot of vocalists in the dojin scenes like to run independently from circles (eg. めらみ on Foreground and 凋叶棕, なち on Shibayan and Alstro), so both the vocalist and the circle itself want to be credited independently.
Since the most common elements of metadata in most players (I think) include Artist, Composer, and Album Artist, the layout of Artist:Vocalist::Composer/AlbumArtist: Circle might just be the best way of covering both credits.

However, this has the unfortunate side effect of the majority of western consumers to assume that whoever's in the "Artist" slot must have done all or most of the work, when in vocal compositions that's almost never true.
>>
>>15202783
>>15203288
Is there a way how to convert it to FLAC and extract the single songs?
>>
>>15213836
http://cuetools.net/wiki/CUETools_Download
>>
>>15213836
>>15213839
Or with foobar.

I still use TTA because it encodes a lot faster than FLAC when I do batch conversions.
>>
>>15208696
Your opinions are objectively all incorrect.
>>
>>15210121
Haha what are you retarded? Grazing should be for last resort. Scorefagging is the only reason to graze.

No Resources if you're a normal person.

Worst Touhou of all time.

Also with LOLK you get the worst stage themes I've EVER heard in a Touhou Game.
>>
>>15197575
Protip: LAME v0 is better than 320k in the first place.
>>
>>15213836
Just use foobar with the encoder plugin pack if it's missing it though it should natively support it.

Actually why aren't you using foobar anyway? It's still one of the best most versatile music players available and free.
>>
>>15214372
>scorefagging is the only reason to graze

Not only wrong but also retarded, congratulations!
>>
On the subject of EoSD, it always bummed me how Centennial Festival for Magical Girls has comparatively almost no remixes and is pretty much forgotten because U.N. Owen comes right after it. It's such an underrated song, it conveys this unique feeling of mystique that's absolutely phenomenal.
>>
>>15199256
Anyone? It's a nice, comfy album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4Z7tDctcrU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lau-APdLBqg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm71SNeKOVA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VRhJEI1_hY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYJgKMOQEdU
>>
File: jacket.png (870 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
jacket.png
870 KB, 1000x1000
>>15199256
>>15217409
>Easy Ensemble
For some reason that name stuck out and lo and behold I have a link bookmarked. Not sure if it was repackaged in any way or if it's the original link from that website but here it is:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sdnul5ozqczae26
>>
>>15214804
Well it is. LOLK Forces you to play like one and thus it's rather shit.

Not even considering they don't bother giving you proper drops. Zun rushed it out the door and it shows.
>>
File: happy.jpg (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
happy.jpg
19 KB, 400x400
>>15217595
Thank you very much anon. Good tidings to you.
>>
>only extension of a theme is poorly done
Anyone else also hate this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4dnkdikJMw
>>
>>15213839
Neat thanks.
>>15214794
I'm using it but for some reason I'm getting error despite having the plugin installed so I can't play or convert it.
>>
>>15220112
>I'm using it but for some reason I'm getting error
What kind of error are we talking?
>>
Where do you stand on what characters the stage themes in general represent, moreso the Ex-stage themes? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFk9jPNJkh8 I like the idea that the ex-stage themes represent the mid-boss of the stage but for songs like Last Remote and Hourai Victim I can only imagine them working as themes for the respected boss of that stage.
>>
I find myself listening to Membrane Wall of Taboo and Dr Latency's Sleepless eyes more than any other tracks on ZUN's new album.
>>
>give up and decide to open the portal early
>Yukari's mucous membranes repel you and don't let you in
Why must Gensokyo have so much suffering?
>>
File: sort.png (3 KB, 264x95) Image search: [Google]
sort.png
3 KB, 264x95
Is anyone else doing or has done the touhou music sort? It's really damn tough.
>>
>>15222331
I would, if i had 10 spare hours I didn't mind using up on sorting music.
>>
>>15222331
>Is anyone else doing or has done the touhou music sort?

Official or does it count even fanmade remixes (I wonder how many there are in total, 10k?). Either way I'm fine with knowing my top 5, I'm not so willing to waste so much time.
>>
>>15222331

Just few months ago, (I think January) I was doing it... then I got tired, spent 1-2 months doing it... stopped it at... about +75%. I wasn't confident enough. I've made some mistakes before, out of confusions, such as picking ULiL Nitori, below the other versions without noticing it! similar mistakes about Miko's, Koishi's, etc.. I've opened myself a little more too, so ignoring many, many times "Cinderella Cage" now feels... aaaaargh!! and a few more... the tengus' "Youkai Mountain", Pristine Beat, etc...
...and it was getting harder and harder!

That just was a sorter of TH06-15 (honestly, I didn't cared about its soundtrack... now I'm different) with the ZUN's Music Albums..

Someday I'll do it again, but slowly

I'd wish it'll include Seihou tracks.. or ZUN's Strange Works too
>>
>>15222376
>fanmade remixes
Of course not. Touhou Lossy Music collection v.17 from 2013 has like 45,000 songs, and that's not even all of them. I'm not sure what the math is for number of "battles" required for that many songs is, but it'd probably be at least 150,000 of them. Have fun sorting songs for the next decade.

Only official songs in the sort. Which is still pretty long.
>>
>>15222013
Dr. Latency's Sleepless eyes is amazing, to say the least. I just love its sick beat. It's the second time ZUN's music strikes me as soon as I start listening to it (the other one was Shinmyoumaru's theme). Usually I have to listen to them 2-4 times so they can grow on me, but those 2 themes blew me right from the start.
Come to think of it, don't they share some similarities? I know shit about music so I can't put it in words, but they seem to have similar progression/buildup. Or they just push the right buttons within me.
>>
Personal Opinions on Dr. Latency:

>他愛も無い二人の博物誌
So refreshingly lighthearted. Makes me feel giddy for an upcoming adventure, while feeling that it is taking place in a land of elegant anachronism. There are many shades of 「ヒロシゲ36号 ~ Neo Super-Express」 in here, but the latter is more the phantasmagoria of the train station, while this focuses on the girls themselves.

>凍り付いた永遠の都
A great improvement of the song, especially by heightening the transcendent atmosphere of the city through the over-zealous employment of ZUNpets. However, I still find the song just "good" overall, while I find the original skippable.

>Dr.レイテンシーの眠れなくなる瞳
Definitely a fresh turn in ZUN's composing nature, which employs the new LoLK-style instrumentation in a style in a way which would hard to replicate with earlier styles. I especially like the detailed bass, which ZUN also played with in Green Trojan Asteroid.

>九月のパンプキン
Better instrument choice, especially at :57 onward

>須臾はプランクを超えて
I love the intro. Gives that same shiver of wonderment as 「青木ヶ原の伝説」. It really does feel like you are stepping into a world where the unaccountable and the esoteric burst forth. Or an episode of Carl Sagan's "Cosmos" with Vangelis taking a more percussionist stint.

>シュレディンガーの化猫
Definitely feeling a DDC style here, and its structured like 「リバースイデオロギー」, although it doesn't really have the same emotion. This is more playful and subdued than the latter.

>空中に沈む輝針城
No comment

>禁忌の膜壁
Did not care for it that much. The intro would have worked if it had been a low-key song, but I feel like ZUN did not build this one up as well as usual. I like 3:00 afterwards, but that is a pretty big gap to exclude.

>故郷の星が映る海
Took an A+ song and made it A++. In speaking of Vangelis, I feel like ZUN is really pulling off a similar harmony of synth here, but the percussion puts ZUN in another tier.

>ピュアヒューリーズ ~ 心の在処
I like both versions almost equally. The game version has more punch, while the album version is smoothed and seamless. However, the cohesiveness of the final climax in the album makes it stronger in the album.

>永遠の三日天下
No Comment

Overall Ranking (Best to Worst):
>Dolls in Pseudo Paradise
>Magical Astronomy
>Neo-traditionalism of Japan
>Ghostly Field Club
>Trojan Green Asteroid
>Dr. Latency's Freak Report
>未知の花 魅知の旅
>Retrospective 53 minutes
>Changeability of Strange Dream

Everyone of the above is an "A" in my book, regardless.
>>
File: 1460756498727.png (107 KB, 341x334) Image search: [Google]
1460756498727.png
107 KB, 341x334
>>15220501
The hell? It works now for some reason. Anon looks like that you fixed it somehow or I don't know. Thanks for your concern anyway.
>>
>>15209845
Which one?
>>
>>15224351
I can hear the similarity.
>>
File: shinigiwa satellite.png (77 KB, 745x633) Image search: [Google]
shinigiwa satellite.png
77 KB, 745x633
If anyone has any of the following, please help me!

>Missing booklet scans (i.e. liner notes images)

SGSL-0005 THE GHOST IN MY ROOM EP
SGSL-0006 THE VILLAGE EP
SGSL-0007 THE DAY THE WORLD WENT AWAY EP
SGSL-0008 橙愛布教委員会公式賛歌
SGSL-0009 DRAG ME TO HELL EP
SGSL-0011 F.E.A.R. EP
SGSL-0016 AWAKENING EP
SGSL-0019 橙愛布教委員会公式賛歌 其ノ弐
SGSL-0020 BREATHLESS EP
SGSL-0021 THE CONJURING EP
SGSL-0022 DISCLOSURE EP
SGSL-1001 DEAD SILENCE
SGSL-1002 DEAD RISING

>Missing lossless rip (flac, tta, etc)

SGSL-0016 AWAKENING EP
SGSL-0019 橙愛布教委員会公式賛歌 其ノ弐
SGSL-0020 BREATHLESS EP
SGSL-0021 THE CONJURING EP
SGSL-0022 DISCLOSURE EP
SGSL-1002 DEAD RISING

>Completely missing albums

SGSL-0001 死際サテライト1st DEMO (ancient)
SGSL-0015 MORSE EP
SGSL-0018 BURIED EP (DEAD SILENCE first-come bonus)
SGSL-0024 TAKEN EP (DEAD RISING deluxe edition bonus)
[Plus the R13 releases SGSL-0025 and SGSL-0026 that likely just haven't been ripped yet]
>>
暁Records and Liz Triangle working together made me cum fucking buckets holy shit

LILY-AN AND STACK BACK TO BACK WITH FIRST MEMORY/NEXT MEMORY ESPECIALLY
>>
If anybody can use pan.baidu, can this person grab this http://pan.baidu.com/s/1qXh3JFu for me and up it on Mega?
>>
>>15236784
https://mega.nz/#!Op0UwDyS!FBu3aQtov7GJA37U757H8xXFRuhU_8nlfW2ubUm_XyY
Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.