[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Touhou Limited Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
Worth as my first Touhou game? Or should I get the normal edition?
>>
Remember Touhou? It's back - in pog form.
>>
These aren't touhou games. Those are fangames.
>>
File: 6FA8YCE.gif (1 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
6FA8YCE.gif
1 MB, 400x300
>>15161753
Thanks lol

Good to know. I'll probably end up waiting till reviews come out for it, unless there are some up already for the JPN version. What's the best "game" in the series to jump into?
>>
>>15161626
Is the begining of the end?
>>
File: 0465246959.jpg (33 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
0465246959.jpg
33 KB, 400x300
>>15161626
I don't get it.
After years of healthy protectionism, ZUN somehow figures that the best representation of the franchise and the fanbase, and thus worthy of being the first Touhou game to be actually officially localized and sold commercially in the West is Gensou Rondo.
Granted that it's the same version I played some time ago on PC, this game is mediocre, at best.
>>
Can we stop calling it a doujin franchise now?
>>
>>15161626
Why the fuck did this have to come out right as I try to save money?

God dammit.
>>
>>15161854
Why are you trying to "jump into touhou"?

You're clearly extremely new, and it just seems weird for a random person to jump on a random collectors edition box of a fangame out of nowhere.
>>
Does anyone know if we in Europe will also be able to get this?
>>
>There will be people who play this and dismiss the real games entirely
>NIS
Why is this even legal? At least anyone sensible can just pirate the PC version.
>>
>>15162395
I don't really care that much about the game but as you says it's some nice merchs, the box also looks really good and it's not that expensive.
>>
>>15162395
>Buttons
>Tiny laminated pictures
>Ultimately a book
Is it really worth it? If you want Touhou merch for cheap, you can always just get the Chinese stuff from Taobao 外国诸。 Those things are just as official as the crap that NIS is selling.
>>
Lately when I come to /jp/ I start feeling like I'm suffocating after a few minutes because of how many retards like the OP now make up this board's population
>>
>>15162535
I think, or at least hope, that he is just joking.
>>
>>15162395
I don't think ZUN really cares or wants a reputation in the West.
This whole thing is a giant enigma to what I thought I knew about him.
>>
Was not some of the fan animes forced to remove the "Touhou" from the title because it could make people think it was official, if so how come this game that even got published from a big company get away with it?
Honestly if I didn't know much about Touhou I would probably think this was some "Official Touhou" stuff.
>>
>>15162584
Because money
>>
>>15162658
http://loli-warez.移动/jp/ Is a semi-comprehensive guide
>>
>>15162584
>Was not some of the fan animes forced to remove the "Touhou" from the title
No?
>because it could make people think it was official
Both of the anime series clearly state that they're fan made and not in any way official right in the very opening sequence.

>how come this game that even got published from a big company get away with it?
Because it got ZUN's blessing and he gets a cut from it.
Also, Sony was pushing for it, so they could brag about Touhou being on the PS3/4.
tl;dr >>15162602

But yeah, this is pretty sad.
After all that talk about how Touhou is doujin and can only be distributed through doujin channels and not sold comercially.
What a joke.
>>
>>15162712
I'm always impressed when somebody manages to type in that specific style.
It's like you're nonchalantly tumbling down, but you're too smooth of a person to sweat the small stuff and just roll with it.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.