[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Visual Novels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8
File: Grisaia-kickstarter-launch.jpg (69 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
Grisaia-kickstarter-launch.jpg
69 KB, 600x338
so, /jp/, it's been a while since I've looked for any visual novels. Which ones are shit, and which ones should I look into getting?
Also general VN thread, I guess.
>>
I'm going to be without Internet for awhile. I'm looking for something that extracts and then shows definitions and/or furigana. Is there a hooking dictionary that doesn't use Internet? Is that what ATLUS is for? Like AGTH+translation aggregator+ATLUS is what I want?
>>
>>15155488
>I'm going to be without Internet for awhile
Why?
>>
>>15155488
Yeah, pretty much. ATLUS/whatever your dictionary of choice with a text hooker and Translation Aggregator should do the trick.
>>
>>15155492
The NEET's nightmare, getting kicked out lmao

>>15155503
Thank you
>>
>>15155522
Shit man, what did you do?
>>
>>15155529
Nothing at all. I think that was the problem.
>>
>>15155540
Rip. NEET indeed.
>>
>>15155488
I found out that my other VNs doesnt work on AGTH. It crashes my game. Go for ITHVNR or ITH. They look the same but they're both different hooks btw.

For ATLAS, google errzotl's dictionary. It makes MT less suffering. Also, check his other works about translator aggregator(TA) script.

>shows definitions and/or furigana
Look up Chiitrans.
>>
Muvluv is great
A lot of my friends seem to enjoy Grisaia
Cartagra, kara no Shoujo and its sequel are pretty comfy reads
>>
>>15157288
Man, Muv Luv was so bad...
>>
>>15157138
Thanks for the tips! My knowledge of hooking programs is still stuck in 2010 so I'm grateful for the detailed information.
>>
File: manly tears.jpg (11 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
manly tears.jpg
11 KB, 200x200
>>15155522
i feel you bro, being a agarophobic faggot myself and lost my apartment for a few months 2 years ago, it truely sucks but things always get better.
you know what they say about after hitting rock bottom you can only get back up again.

as for vn i resently finished Life With A Slave -Teaching Feeling (if the game even has an ending, i havent found one) and now for the first time i actually get why waifus are a thing.
still new to the genre and a few pointers would be really nice, i always love a good story
>>
>>15157319
By muvluv I do mean Alternative
and I enjoyed Extra quite a bit
>>
>>15159425
Alternative was worse than extra and unlimited, which were both garbage. All of Muv Luv is awful and âge are hacks.
>>
>>15159650
>Trying this hard
It's ok friend there is no need to be so salty
>>
>>15159370
If you have the consoles for it read the Zero Escape series, solid vns with puzzle gameplay
>>
>>15159956
Trying this hard to what? Troll? Why do Muv Luv fans immediately get butthurt the moment anyone says anything bad about the game? Is it because they know deep down they didn't really enjoy MLA but convinced themselves otherwise because they didn't want to believe they wasted 70 hours reading a bunch of trash?
>>
>>15160045
Because you're literally being contrarian for the sake of it. If redditfags like you didn't infest this board life would be better. You just say "its bad hurr durr"
>>
>>15160065
4chan is contrarian, if you don't like it then you can go home to reddit, punk.
>You just say "its bad hurr durr"
And all Muv Luv fans can say "it's good hurr durr."
>>
>>15160065
Muv luv really is bad, its royaly sucks as a charage and has awful pace as a 'serious' military action drama, even though theres only like 4 fight scenes total.

I'm glad some people can see through how flawed the series is. It's no masterpiece and a bit of brainwork will get you to that conclusion
>>
>>15160344
Who are you quoting, /a/utist?
>>
Hi, guys. Can anyone tell me, where to download latest version of english patch for SubaHibi? I have one from 2014 and I'm at the end of the forth chapter now, but there is incomplete translation. So I'm kinda nervous about it since I can't find the latest version of patch.
>>
>>15160359
moot confirmed that the site's traffic goes down in summer, newfriend.
>>
>>15160344
why dont you stop quoting things in green text and using easily identifiable words like pleb to make yourself seem right/ above discussion. And tell me why Alternaive doesn't suck, why it doesn't have awful pacing, and how it doesn't insult your intelligence at several points.
People like you are the problem when others are trying to get a point across eh?
>>
>>15160477
Leave.
>>
Has anyone managed to text hook Chaos;Child pc yet? I'm trying with ITH but I don't know much about the business.
>>
>>15161417
You owe it to yourself to learn the language and read the text properly with a game like Chaos;Child. You're just going to ruin it for yourself by hooking it.
>>
>>15161439
I agree, but I think I'll be fine for the most part. I got through the demo just fine. I'd just like to be able to look up and add kanji to my anki deck more easily by hooking them.
>>
>>15161417
Have you tried ITHVNR?
>>
>>15161515
Doesn't seem to be working better than my ITH attempts did.
>>
>>15161417
It probably needs H-code for ITH.
>>
>>15161417
Did you try Visual Novel Reader? Maybe they got the H-code for the game.

If desperate, you can get the h-code yourself using OllyDbg or Cheat Engine and learn Freaka's Advanced AGTH Tutorials... I did.
>>
Good: pretty much anything by nitro+
>>
The only visual novels i've read are by key (clannad, kanon, little busters). I love key vn with a passion but I kind of want to try other visual novels now. I have no clue what to start with though so i've been putting it off for a while now.
>>
>>15173965
Higurashi and Umineko are a nice way to keep going.
>>
Whose route should I do first? Satcher's my favorite, but Mitcher is good too.
>>
File: 1442682514220.jpg (59 KB, 478x360) Image search: [Google]
1442682514220.jpg
59 KB, 478x360
>>15167040
This!
Read Demonbane OP!
You'll enjoy it!
>>
>>15155447
Where do you download VNs? Fuwanovel cucked themselves a while ago, and nyaa has no seeders plus so little VN
>>
File: c.png (20 KB, 650x326) Image search: [Google]
c.png
20 KB, 650x326
http://ask.fm/moogy0/answers/136052402900

Key kids BTFO by denka.
>>
>>15180756
>nyaa has no seeders plus so little VN

This is not actually true, you're just ignorant.
>>
>>15155540
God bless you.
>>
>>15180756

https://mega.co.nz/#F!zN4UFA5A!gcTRiWi5OM6c7a_ZhoKVYA

Should keep you busy for a while
>>
>>15181749
Are those in English? I hope not
>>
>>15160186
Dont bother, Muv-luv fags are a special type of cancer, bordering on cult status when it comes to defending their shitty vn.

Speaking of shitty VN's do you guys power through shit vn's that are long hoping they get better?
Becuase I'm currently halfway through Root Double and I fucking hate it. Which makes me feel all the worse for actually looking foreward to it. It's just horrible in so many ways.
>>
>>15180756
are you a retard? there are like 10+ VNs uploaded on nyaa each month
>>
>>15176916
If Sachi is your favorite, then Sachi all the way.

I personally prefer Makina's route
>>
>>15181566
>http://ask.fm/moogy0/answers/136052402900
I was about to get mad but he conceded Rewrite is good so I'm fine now
>>
File: fuck.png (39 KB, 642x507) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
39 KB, 642x507
Hey can some anon help me a bit? I finally finished installing Tsukihime and the patch, but the patched version doesn't work properly. Also there is no music. Pic totally related.
>>
What's going on in this picture?
>>
File: hacking.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
hacking.gif
1 MB, 480x270
>>15204842
try restarting your pc
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.