[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't /jp/ come together and create some original content
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: 1242575946340.jpg (163 KB, 366x510) Image search: [Google]
1242575946340.jpg
163 KB, 366x510
Why can't /jp/ come together and create some original content or good quality doujin shit? 2ch does it ALL the time. The Chinese do it too. Plus they translate shit into chink fast and consistent. Why can't we do that?
>>
Well one thing with the translations is most chinese weebs possess more knowledge of Japanese than Westerners do due to their innate ability to comprehend kanji. And from what I know from lurking in Chinese forums such as Baidu is that the Chinese community is more populous and united as a whole, with little prejudice and sentiment against each other as they are from the same race and share the same language, as opposed to the Western community.
>>
Everybody forget Dandelion Girl.
>>
>original content or good quality doujin shit
>Implying doujin is exclusively derivative works
>>
>>15148251

English-speaking Chinese weebs has said that Chinese translations are bad. They may know kanji but they don't know grammar or slang. A lot of guesslations.
>>
>>15148254
Why don't you remind us?
>>
>>15148335
As long the Chinese have a slight sense of clarity of what they read I'm sure they are content. The Chinese and Western community are too isolated, showing little to no relationship towards each other. Even I as a Chinese struggle to connect with them due to our cultures being too distinct, resulting in impediments in understanding their way of communication.
>>
/jp/ has like 20 people, and 18 of them are in generals
>>
Because /jp/ lost any sense of community it had. Everyone just keep themselves secluded in their generals. And the people who do not are a few that stayed here for no reason.
>>
>>15148231

There's no leadership in here. Not surprising, since we're all a bunch of NEET betas anyways.
>>
I wish I saved some of the interesting stories from the touhou theories thread, now that I actually have some time I could have drawn up a visual novel.
>>
>>15148525
Use the archive?
>>
>>15148231
Okay, you start.
>>
>>15148231
Isn't /jp/ working together to make some kind of loli sim?
>>
Because /jp/ shuts down ANYONE who tries to make something original.
>>
File: cover - souji.jpg (397 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
cover - souji.jpg
397 KB, 1000x1000
what about this
>>
>>15149290

Donno, pretty sure that was shit.
>>
File: cover - sleepy.jpg (634 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
cover - sleepy.jpg
634 KB, 1000x1000
>>15149293
still, /jp/ came together and made something

also I like it
>>
>>15148442
I wish that for every board on 4chan, there was a general containment board for, so every original board on 4chan would have no more generals.
/jpg/ /intg/ /kg/ /scig/ /ng/ /gg/
>>
>>15149286
>>15149293
Point proven
>>
>>15148335

You know, considering how fast they tend to pump out translations, I kinda figured that a lot of Chinese translations of doujins are subpar. Same goes with the quality of uploads: A lot of scans themselves have poor resolutions and/or shitty leveling.

>>15148373

Seriously? Aren't there at least some Chinese-language weebs out there that have issues with the low quality of their translations? The western community has been ripping into CGrascal's rushjobs for years; I find it hard to believe that everyone in the Chinese community is completely content with the quality problems.
>>
>>15149338
It would be easier to just ban generals, the faggots populating them will eventually move back to their Tumblr and Facebook pages
>>
>>15149352
>15149293

I'm not a fair example, I worked on it.
>>
>>15148525
That was a fun thread. You have any theories in mind that you want to do?
>>
File: 1345927571829.jpg (9 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
1345927571829.jpg
9 KB, 229x220
>>15149338

>we should solve the issue of the community being divided by further dividing us.

nice
>>
/jp/ does not make anything good because it cannot make anything good.

I don't come here often anymore so maybe things have changed, but back in the "golden age" of 2008-2012, even just the ideas I saw being pitched here were fucking horrible, to say nothing of the actual execution of said ideas.

If any of you remember shit like the Warehouse VN or the horrible "You wake up in Gensokyo" multiple choice fanfiction, you should know exactly what I mean.
>>
>>15150419
>I want the shitposting, normalfags, tripfags, MMO gaymes threads, ronery threads, true NEET threads, and english only peasant VN discussion back on /jp/.

/jp/ is good as it is. It would be perfect if we finally got rid of the last batch of unrelated topics like the onahole or idolfag generals.
>>
>>15150455
Yes. We need to work together and drive out the 3D devils.
>>
>>15150455
Mobile games are a step down from most of that.
>>
>>15150419
It wouldn't divide the community any more than it already is, though.
Generalfags have already divided it enough that each general in itself may as well not be on 4chan.
>>
>>15151077
You do know that people can post in a general and in other threads, right?
>>
>>15151117
But they don't.
They just want a poor man's forum, which generals provide.
>>
>>15151167
But they do. You can't seriously speak for everyone.
>>
>>15148231
People on /jp/ would rather criticize and call things shit than making content themselves, and because of this mentality people who have things to show or project ideas are afraid to share it here and prefer doing it elsewhere or by themselves.
>>
What happened to lewd stories, did all writers finally have the courage and did it? Or did they all disappear into a general?
>>
>>15152558
they all disappeared into a reddit
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.