[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/jp/ is there a specific terminology for the style in pic related?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: does this have a name.jpg (760 KB, 1614x982) Image search: [Google]
does this have a name.jpg
760 KB, 1614x982
/jp/ is there a specific terminology for the style in pic related?

My first thought was that maybe this wasn't a specific style at all, but then I realized I can IDENTIFY the traits all of these examples share.

You always see this specific style on:
>Onahole packaging
>Shimapan packaging
>A lot of Eroge games (Yuzu Soft uses it a lot)
>Kobuichu Muririn draws like this, but I know they aren't the only artist that does

Does it even have a name? I guess the better question is what tags I should use when looking up these specific traits. Sorry if it's super obvious, it's just a question I've never thought of asking.
>>
>>15134563
"anime style"

It's just the kind of popular style nowadays.
>>
hey now, that's not exactly what I mean't, there are discernible differences between Shonen and Shojo stylizations, and both of those can be called "anime style".

The closest I've narrowed it down is that some people call it "moe" but that category seems to be more attuned with stuff like Lucky Star, but hey, it might be moe.
>>
>>15134611
Its just a generic style. It's not like there are manga movements like impressionism and dadaism or anything. It's a style that resembles some artist that draws in a way they like. LNs and VNs (not "eroge games" (erotic game games)) do use that sort of style a lot, but it is just a simple and cute style. You'd just need to know the names of artists that drew that way.

But besides that, it seems to be a style based on the simplified styles used in animation.
>>
>>15134563
Ecchi, like generic Ecchi
>>
>>15134563
your autism is shit. SHIT
>>
>>15134563
I know what you mean, but unfortunately there's no specific name for it as far as I know.
I might be wrong though.
>>
>>15134563
Moeshit, moege

>>15134640
>Its just a generic style.
In the heads of narrow minded moefags only.
>>
Yeah, I most closely associate that style with moege. So if you want to see lots of it just look for game cgs from companies who make those kinds of games.
>>
>>15134611
> some people call it "moe" but that category seems to be more attuned with stuff like Lucky Star
Absolutely wrong. Google images for 萌えゲーム ("moe game" in Japanese)
>>
Generic shit is what it is
>>
I'd just call it moe. The imsges you provided have a distinct eroge feel to them.
>>
>>15137955
Mogege?
>>
>>15134563
I just associate it with "generic eroge art"
>>
>>15139216
I want it to be called 'moeroge'
>>
>>15134563
I believe those kind of eyes date back to the early 2000 with stuff such as Key's games and another eroge called Darling (Its adaptation being probably the only hentai dubbed in Latin America)
>>
>>15146630
i don't think japanese trends really care about what happens in latin america
>>
>>15134563
They all look pretty different but droopyish eyes are called タレ目
>>
Quality?
>>
>>15146712
Alright, that was just a small bit of trivia. Here you can see in the shape of her eyes how it's relevant to the thread.

And I would post a screenshot later that shows how she and her hair look in the series proper but I can't due to not having proper internet until the middle of May. By then the thread would have died
>>
>>15154835
>By then the thread would have died

Don't underestimate the sloth board that is /jp/.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.