[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best? DDC or LoLK?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7
File: 53415126_22.jpg (465 KB, 900x654) Image search: [Google]
53415126_22.jpg
465 KB, 900x654
What's the best? DDC or LoLK?
>>
>>15126786
DDC if you're hipster, LoLK if you prefer objective truth
>>
DDC because while being hella bland and ummemorable, it isn't incredibly bad.
>>
>>15126786
>What's the best? DDC or LoLK?
This thread gone wild
>>
DDC is literally filler tier. LoLK is unpolished gameplay-wise, but still fun and delivered epicness on all other fronts.
>>
LoLK was more fun but DDC had Seija and Shinmyoumaru and their gimmicks.
>>
DDC obviously. The only really good thing about LoLK was the graze mechanic. Also the music, but almost all games have really good music, so, as a touhou game, that probably doesn't count.
>>
LoLK has better music, but I think I enjoyed the bosses more in DDC.
>>
>>15127525
>LoLK has better music
Nothing comes near Shinmyoumaru's theme.
>>
>>15127532
One track does not make the whole game.
>>
>>15127532
Buildup Letdown: The Song? It ain't even that good in it's own game when you have the likes of Dullahan, Joururi, Sinking Castle and Pristine Beat.
>>
DDC has better characters, LoLK is better gameplay-wise.
>>
>>15127532
Very few tracks in the entire fucking series can compare to it, that doesn't mean everything else is shit.
>>
I liked DDC more, it reallly felt like an "oldschool" Touhou game while LoLK was more of a gimmick game(Which is not bad per se).
But I liked the 1-3 stages and bosses a lot more than the 4-6 in DDC while it's the other way around in LoLK. And of course you can play as Sakuya in DDC which is a big plus for me.
>>
>>15126786
None of the above.

>>15126800
Outside Seija's gimmick cards DDC is just completely forgettable. LOLK is actively awful musically AND mechanically. It made me miss the fucking UFOs and that's incredible.
>>
>>15128524
Huh. I felt like Seija's flip gimmick and Shinmyoumaru's gimmick were the topping for DDC.

Also LoLK pointdevice modo was shit yeah, but its also fun. Its fun until Junko that is. Junko singlehandedly made me hate the entire game.
>>
>>15128524
>LOLK is actively awful musically AND mechanically.
Will Zun ever recover?
I dont want to see the future of 2hu, and see it as all downhill from here. Atleast we have some manga I guess. I want another WaHH already.
>>
>>15128543
I want a fucking ISC2.
>>
>>15128533
The Flip Gimmick and how it was done was really a case of Zun going I GOT NOTHING! and just recycling the same card twice just LOL CONTROL SCREW!

Sukuna's Survival card was shitty as hell but all survival cards which aren't effectively Bonus Stages (like the Last Words in Imperishable Night).

>>15128543
Easily. Remove Gimmicks or make them less obnoxious. Ten Desires' had a gimmick but most of the time you could ignore Trance mode unless you died.

If you want to drop that out to just a much less noticeable gimmick at all you go to Subterranean Animism as it's gimmick was only a scoring boost in a game where score based extends don't exist.
>>
File: spookies.jpg (560 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
spookies.jpg
560 KB, 1200x900
Spookies!
>>
>>15128789
Damn. Kagerou is just built for sex, isn't she? Imagine pounding that tight wolfhu pussy while she digs her claws into your back. Imagine how lewd she smells after a long love-making session thanks to how hairy she is.
>>
>>15128753
>The Flip Gimmick and how it was done was really a case of Zun going I GOT NOTHING! and just recycling the same card twice just LOL CONTROL SCREW!

Not him but personally i loved the flip gimmick, some other games have used the inverted controls gimmick but seeing it on a bullet hell was honestly surprising in my opinion.
>>
File: playing against seija.jpg (176 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
playing against seija.jpg
176 KB, 600x800
>>15129161
The flip gimmick was fucking amazing. Too bad its pretty underutilized. I was expecting Shiki to be in ISC so Seija can fight herself and her own flipping abilities but I guess ZUN didn't think it was a good idea.

Still hoping for an ISC2 with that though.
>>
>>15129161
>>15129245
WHY? ISC was just as bad as fucking Shoot the Bullet and Double Spoiler.

Zun's losing it and is going senile now..
>>
>>15129270
>ISC was just as bad as fucking Shoot the Bullet and Double Spoiler.
So it's excellent, and better than most of the main games?
>>
>>15129245
I agree, seeing the screen flip and trying to move while the music synchronized blew my mind the first time i saw it. It was fucking crazy, man.
>>
DDC is the second most underrated Touhou game, next to Ten Desires.

LoLK is top notch.

Basically, I like both. Come at me
>>
>>15129270
>just as bad as fucking Shoot the Bullet and Double Spoiler
The fuck? I can understand people not liking ISC because the real challenge is about capturing the spellcards without items and that's definitely not a challenge for the average player. But hating on STB and DS? damn nigga.
>>
>>15129306
This is just a blatant troll now. You should have noticed already. Also ISC with the gadgets was hella fucking fun, I still can't beat last day because I have to upgrade my items and that requires me to no item other bosses.
>>
>>15129314
>Also ISC with the gadgets was hella fucking fun
Honestly, i feel it was too easy using cheats. Playing the game without them was more fun for me, it drove me crazy, but ihad fun.
>>
>>15126786
Music:
Title screen: LoLK > DDC | Possibly the best title screen theme in the Windows 2hu games vs. stock title screen theme #9146957.
Stage 1: LoLK > DDC |
Boss 1: DDC > LoLK |
Stage 2: LoLK > DDC |
Boss 2: DDC > LoLK |
Stage 3: ≈ |
Boss 3: ≈ |
Stage 4: LoLK > DDC |
Boss 4: DDC > LoLK | No contest here. Tsukumogami sisters got great theme, while Sagume's theme is really "meh".
Stage 5: ≈ | I love both themes very much.
Boss 5: DDC > LoLK |
Stage 6: ≈ |
Boss 6: LoLK > DDC |
Extra stage: ≈ |
Extra boss: LoLK > DDC | Both are "meh". Pristine Beat could be really cool though, but Zun just didn't want to do something really extraordinary it seems.

Characters:
Wakasagihime > Seiran |
Sekibanki > Ringo |
Doremy ≈ Kagerou |
Sagume > Benben&Yatsuhashi | I am so sorry for your theme, Sagume. Let's pretend that your real theme is "凍り付いた永遠の都".
Seija > Clownpiece | Personally I don't like Seija, she is just more interesting overall.
Shinmyoumaru ≈ Junko |
Hecatia > Raiko | "Ah, that ancient slut from Hell in tasteless clothes" vs. "Who?"

UI design, stage visuals and character sprites:
LoLK > DDC.

Shu-teen ge-muu part, overall impression:
DDC ≥ LoLK. LoLK can be described as "professionally made", it's true for every part of the game, but technical quality =/= enjoyment.
DDC just feels more sincere, and more inspired despite being more simple and "oldschool".
LoLK's gimicks aren't bad, but I can't say I want them in future 2hu STGs.
I had fun playing LoLK for the first few times, it is a good game, but I got fed up with it pretty fast. Still playing DDC.

By the way, what the HECK happened to Extra stages. They used to be one of if not the most exciting stages in the games, music-wise AND danmaku-wise AND character-wise.
>>
>>15128524
>LOLK is actively awful musically

There are people in the world with taste THIS shit.
>>
It is at times like this that I am grateful for my poor taste, because it prevents me from spending too much time caring about comparing things like this. I think both are pretty fine.
>>
>>15129620
>LoLK
>Possibly the best title screen theme in the Windows 2hu games

Stopped reading there
>>
>>15127532
Mgmg and sleep rapist themes are so good tho. I started learning piano after hearing Ringo's theme because I wanted to play it so much. Currently working on an arrangement for it.
>>
>>15126786
DDC. Seija was the best thing to happen since orever.
>>
LoLK is my favorite in the series, although I also enjoyed DDC
>>
>>15129654
I wish that image was in 1080 res
>>
>>15126786
DDC completely slipped under my radar. LoLK had lots of goofy newhus so it stuck in my memory.
>>
>>15129620
Really? DDC is more "more sincere"? "oldschool"? wtf?
Both games have great technical quality, but both feel cold and like ZUN's just going through the motions when compared to the old windows games. Neither has more sincerity. I agree DDC is ultimately better, but not for being "sincere" since both are pretty much equally heartless.
>>
File: cp.gif (1 MB, 448x448) Image search: [Google]
cp.gif
1 MB, 448x448
Both are miles ahead of UFO and TD for sure.

LoLK has really good music all around, DDC music kinda sucks for stages 1-4.
Gameplay is really good in DDC, loved the POC to spawn items mechanics, at the same time I also enjoyed playing pointdevice mode in LoLK, it's really refreshing.
Cast in general much superior in LoLK, only one I really like in DDC is Shinmyomaru, whereas I like both rabbits, Doremy, CP and Junko a lot.
I preferred the playables in DDC a bit more, Sakuya was great and Marisa having a flamethrower is a plus, not that LoLK had bad ones. Reisen was a nice addition.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.