[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Q: When was the first time that you saw something from touhou,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 12
File: Venezuela_Touhou.png (735 B, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
Venezuela_Touhou.png
735 B, 240x240
Q: When was the first time that you saw something from touhou, and what was it? (any kind of arrange counts, even shit like mcroll)

When was the first time that you played touhou? What made you want to play it? (or, when did you learn that touhou existed and that it was a bullet hell game)

sorry if the questions sound weird, I'm a foreigner
>>
File: 1460077535552.png (13 KB, 266x220) Image search: [Google]
1460077535552.png
13 KB, 266x220
>>15070335
I've been away from /jp/ for a long time is this a new meme? I'm seeing it everywhere.
>>
>>15070367
> I'm seeing it everywhere
You answered your own question.

My first exposure was McRoll, but I wouldn't be aware of it until years later.
>>
>>15070367
New meme and I'm assuming it means your shitty thread replaced one that was legit.

>>15070310
Either hearing Cirno's theme in an SMW romhack or seeing Bad Apple got me interested.
>>
IOSYS's udonge PV was posted in a music thread. I thought it was a mash-up and asked where the middle part of the melody was from.

That was almost exactly ten years ago.
>>
Overdrive
>>
>>15070310

2004 Custom CSS spray of Reimu with Nazi/swastika red white imagery. History Channel multiplayer online game server. First played 2004.

A neo nazi on said History Channel servers and IRC made me want to play Touhou.
>>
Found MegaMari when browsing doujinstyle. The characters were charming and I eventually got to playing the shooters. IN was my first, I sucked ( and still do) but I was hooked on playing. This was back in '08.
>>
Ronald McDonald showed me the light, I think.
>>
>>15070452
That's actually one of the better ways of finding out about Touhou.
>>
Some s-stuttering RP Alice-poster on /b/ back in 2005. I didn't actually know what she was from until looking up the McRoll music origin.
>>
First thing I saw was a screenshot of PCB on some sort of article about difficult games. Being a video game masochist I decided I had to play the series.
>>
A guy named BTAxis in the long dead Reycava mIRC channels had a server that hosted PC98 games. I asked him to recommend me a title, and so he sent me the HRtP for me to play.

It has been a very long time since then.
>>
File: lol cj.jpg (123 KB, 473x496) Image search: [Google]
lol cj.jpg
123 KB, 473x496
>>15070575
>>
>>15070310
I'm pretty sure that Bad Apple!!! video was the first Touhou-related content I saw. My younger sister showed it to me.
I started playing the games not long after I came to /jp/ for the first time, after a chance encounter with a very polite and kind anon on /v/.
When we parted, he posted this image. I hope he's well.
>>
File: da ze.jpg (67 KB, 774x600) Image search: [Google]
da ze.jpg
67 KB, 774x600
>>
The Cirno threads on /a/ is my first character.
>>
File: untitled.jpg (212 KB, 667x800) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
212 KB, 667x800
>>
File: 1455521359252.png (496 KB, 447x463) Image search: [Google]
1455521359252.png
496 KB, 447x463
>>15070310
Started as a memespouting secondary after watching "Marisa stole the precious thing", I played the games shortly after but didn't really like them at first. Then I eventually grew up and fell in love with them after playing them a second time and also read every written work avaible.
>>
>>15070310
>When was the first time that you saw something from touhou, and what was it?
2007, this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y64gqTgITLI
>When was the first time that you played touhou?
I played IaMP first the same year, shortly followed by IN.
>What made you want to play it?
This video for IaMP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpIcRqgwPus
I downloaded the demo from the official website, then I found out about the bullet hell part from IN in this video and thought it seemed cool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nb5Ohbt1Sg
I downloaded IN from Doujinstyle after that, and thought it was cool when playing it.
>>
i remember seeing remixes and shit 9 or so years ago but didnt get interested until around 3 years ago when i saw touhou skins in gta sa multiplayer

i will never forgive myself for not getting interested back then
>>
>>15071371
This is about the same timeline as me. Forgot to answer the other questions in my post >>15070421
I look back and see references or sounds that I now recognize that I couldn't back then, like the gachimuchi stuff.
>>
File: g_dpt_c_qt_anime_girl.png (1 MB, 1000x1400) Image search: [Google]
g_dpt_c_qt_anime_girl.png
1 MB, 1000x1400
>>15071371
Same. It feels kind of shitty when you could've gotten into the fandom much, much earlier but didn't because you were too lazy to Google something.
>>
I first heard of it when people were crapflooding (゚∀゚)o彡゚えーりん!えーりん! on 2ch VIP, I think it was 2005. I didn't actually try the game until a year later or so.
>>
>me modding my gta sa
>downloaded two cleo mods
>the first one is master spark mod and the other is laevateinn mod
>searched two names in google because the names are unfamiliar.
>the results are the marisa's theme in th8 and the gta sa laevateinn mod demo
> never clicked them
>many years after
>depressed.dll
> found this https://youtu.be/wBG0hRws_yI
because i didn't clear browser history since then
>"that song was the best one i've ever heard"
>know where the song came from
>realized that the song came from touhou
>search for more touhou songs
>too much eargasm.vbs
>became touhoufan since then
>>
>>15070310
First Touhou exposure : 2009, "Death waltz"
First aware exposure : 2013, a celtic arrange of Shanghai Alice of Meiji 17 by a French guy
First Touhou : 2013, EOSD
>>
First contact was from Falconing Night, a meme arrange made of captain falcon sounds. Then I went from a related video to another (that was when related vids were actually related) until I ended up on the original. It went all downhill from there.

Started playing the games with soku to to play with friends I only really started playing the games and reallu getting into touhouverse after cirno day.
>>15072479
>First aware exposure : 2013, a celtic arrange of Shanghai Alice of Meiji 17 by a French guy
Gonna need a link friend
>>
>>15071619
and now with what internet has become its impossible for any cool fandom to exist because everything gets popular and casual fast as fuck

why even live

bye
>>
>>15072538
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Lw3bmJicX0
This is wonderful.
>>
>>15070385
Exactly the same here, also bad apple but I didnt know what it was.
>>
>>15072555
And yet people complain about Touhou becoming less popular.
>>
>>15072538
https://youtu.be/yQ1d3d8teLI
I can't find the old video, but thats it
>>
Someone had Koakuma as a forum avatar.
>>
>>15072555
>>>/a/
>>
>>15072555
bye
>>
Late 2007-8, watching videos of EoSD extra on Youtube. But the thing that made me got into Touhou was that one Utsuho hentai doujin. Then I started to find out more about the series and became a secondary until 2014 where I tried out IN, TD and DDC out of curiosity and found out they were not for me. They were alright games, but you can play better shumps in terms of gameplay of difficulty. I enjoyed 1945 Strikers on my PS1 more than any Touhou game. Now I'm just staying in the fandom for new music and remixes.
>>
I think I saw Nitori Geddan pretty early, or saw someone with it as an avatar and looked it up.

That, or people posting the nine-ball/posting about Cirno around the time I first got on 4chan.

After that I looked into a lot of the music and the stuff like McRoll.

At some point I played 8 as my first game and then went to 6 and from there I was totally enamored with 2hu
>>
You Wake Up in Gensokyo
>>
>>15080726
I forgot to add that I had a similar moment to some others in the thread: that is, once I got into the series I found very quickly that I had been seeing and hearing Touhou-related fanart/memes/songs for years and I felt bad that I had been too lazy to look it up.

Although, thinking back on it, Nitori wasn't the first thing for me - it was that video of Touhou Mac vs. PC on YouTube, with Sakuya pulling a WRRRYYY.
>>
>>15070575
>Some s-stuttering RP Alice-poster on /b/ back in 2005
Oh fuck i remember that faggot, thought he actually made me want to avoid touhou since i thought everyone was like him (i wasn't half wrong). I didn't gave touhou a chance until hearing the Mcroll thingy again and realizing that the original music was really good, that made me want to try the games. Now here i am in /jp/, who would have thought that.
>>
>When was the first time that you saw something from touhou

Honestly, I was just browsing image boards and saw a picture of Youmu and thought she looked cool and cute and wanted to know which character she was and from what so I image searched it and found touhou
>>
McRoll!
>>
Chen comics dumped on /a/ back when it was still a common thing.
>>
File: 007.jpg (378 KB, 1055x1500) Image search: [Google]
007.jpg
378 KB, 1055x1500
The "Marisa stole the precious thing" flash as it swept through /a/. Whenever that was. 2007? 2006?
>>
Fox 11.
>>
>>15071619
>filename
>>
>>15070310
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gou81YXwuBg

Although this is a reupload, I'm pretty sure the original guy's channel got deleted

The funny part about this is that this didn't get me into touhou.

Being partners in computer class with a guy who just played touhou on the computer all period also didn't get me into it.

I was actually just downloading an asston of doujin music although I didn't know what it was at the time and figured out that half the songs had similar themes, and that's where it went from there.
>>
First time I ever saw anything Touhou was hearing Drunk As I Like. I thought it was just some song at the time.

Then I heard a Bad Apple chiptune, saw SA's soundtrack in the related videos, and Parsee's theme made me start learning about the characters when the comments talked about her. I managed to find a download for IN, and while I still suck at the actual games, the setting and the characters became the huge draw for me.
>>
It was either Chen or TOUHOU HIJACK LOL
>>
I vaguely knew the games were hard and then I saw the Faerie's Air and Death Waltz piano on youtube and I put one and two together and here we are
>>
>>15074940
>there's a link to dl the whole album
thanks man, appreciated.
>>
File: 20090415211258a41.jpg (20 KB, 508x285) Image search: [Google]
20090415211258a41.jpg
20 KB, 508x285
The earliest touhou that I remember is yukkuri that showed up in Pani Poni dash. I didn't even realize it at the time, and only found out when I rewatched the series later on.
>>
>>15090269
>Being partners in computer class with a guy who just played touhou on the computer all period also didn't get me into it.

I did the same - it was a great way to spend a period in high school. For whatever reason the computers couldn't play anything more recent than IN, so I spent a lot of time on that.
>>
Back when umineko threads kept getting deleted on /a/ I started coming to /jp/ for those and seeing touhou stuff everywhere. I think I was vaguely aware of it because I'd seen the memetic MADs and whatnot a few times but I thought it was like vocaloid stuff and didn't realize it was a game series. At some point I started listening to /jp/ radio and really liked a lot of the music, so I was a...quadrary? For a few years, basically a fan of nothing but the music (even kept up with regular reitaisai/comiket spreadsheets every year, still do). At one point I realized how silly it was to be listening to touhou music for years with only a cursory knowledge of the series and decided to bite the literal bullets and attempt the games, read the print works, and so on.
>>
>>15095861
Actually, at the time I didn't even realize he was playing Touhou. I just thought he was playing some stupid game so I did other stuff.

I ran into Touhou quite a few times before actually committing to it, now that I think about it.
>>
Literally was just looking for a game to play and found the first five. Everything went downhill starting there.
>>
File: 1443648783317.jpg (126 KB, 741x592) Image search: [Google]
1443648783317.jpg
126 KB, 741x592
this godhand edit from like 2008
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.