[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is FSN so popular? It was badly paced, the writing was shitty,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: fsn+ha.jpg (48 KB, 412x500) Image search: [Google]
fsn+ha.jpg
48 KB, 412x500
Why is FSN so popular?
It was badly paced, the writing was shitty, the female cast was pretty mediocre as a whole, the fights were nothing great, the plot was nothing amazing either.
Fate was basically average from the beginning to the end, Saber's past and conflict was full of wasted potential, her relationship with Shirou fucking sucked, the last battle could have been far more awesome.

UBW was probably the best route. But it felt really thin, Caster's route was pretty mediocre, the revelation about Archer could have been far more brick shitting, Shirou's conflict was well portrayed though and Lancer stole the show.

HF was a joke, felt like Nasu completely failed to bring out what he wanted and that it was only used to tie a few loose ends.

One somewhat good route doesn't make a game, plot wise or emotion wise, FSN just didn't deliver at all.
>>
http://detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/qa/question_detail/q10137361905
>>
>>15020628
>Why is FSN so popular?
Shitty waifu characters specifically made to appeal to the paying mouthbreathers.
>>
Name a better harem battle VN.
>>
It was a lot of peoples first real VN. Back in the day, when it was just JAST releasing pure shit and almost no fan translations, this patch came out and changed everything. Well, it came out rather fucking slowly in parts, but it still changed everything. People always remember their first.

It's not terrible either, it's better than most of the shit being released/translated now.
>>
>>15020628
Most people have shit taste.
>>
>>15020767
Dies Irae
>>
Because the F/SN world itself is great.
>>
>>15020817
That's got nothing to do with its popularity in Japan.
>>
Something about the modern setting with fantasy elements draws people in and the writing is pretty memorable. Shortly after it got a sequel and now all the characters are milked to hell and living memes ( reason i hate TM fans so much)
But overall its pretty good, the pace is bad and some uneeded parts yeah, but theres enough cool action and suspenseful moments to make it compelling.

On the whole it a little too much praise but its much better than what people say about the muv luv trilogy which probably has the worst pacing out of anything ever created and its "dramatic" moments dont make up for all the boring shit in between
>>
>>15021029
The first two Muv-luv VNs were some of the most boring shit I ever read.
>>
>>15021029
This is the only good post in this thread.
>>15020767
F/SN is not a harem you insipid fuck. Only one of the endings can be seen as harem and even then a love triangle isn't a harem.
>>
>>15020628
Because the servant system I think. In what other work you can see things like King Arthur fighting with Heracles? Also, the prequels and sequels add even more to the pandering (Extra, Strange fake, and all the others).
>>
Why can't I fuck Illya in the VN?
>>
>>15022445
Because she's pure.
>>
>>15022593
>she's pure
>>
Only thing I agree about is the pacing, but if you were enjoying the calm downtime between action and liked the characters just hanging around cooking/eating then its not that bad.
People are being a little to harsh on FS/N because Type Moon themselves keep jewing the shit out of it and wont stop, it was their first real game as a company and not just 2 dudes working out of an apartment.
>>
File: Keripo1371636934.jpg (2 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
Keripo1371636934.jpg
2 MB, 4000x3000
>>
>>15020651
Sadly I think OP can't even read Japanese because that's a decent, believable answer.
>>
>>15020628
/a/ go away
>>
>>15023654
Yeah, it's a plausible answer. And OP's probably an EOP as you say.
>>
>>15020651
It basically says, that TypeMoon came with a good setting for fanfics.
>>
File: NLBW.jpg (107 KB, 983x600) Image search: [Google]
NLBW.jpg
107 KB, 983x600
F/SN was a rocky road, but it has an interesting world, and I really got into its high points.

Nine Lives Blade Works and the last confrontation between Kirei and Shirou in HF still make me a little pumped when I remember them.
>>
>>15020767
Rewrite
>>
>>15022625
Of course she's just playing with her beloved sister.
>>
>>15022445
Because she's a child, you disgusting individual.
>>
>>15020651
The thread should have been over with this post.
>>
>>15025110
It's plausible but I don't think most eroge ogaku care about fanfics. The reason pointed out in that answer I see more of as an explanation to why its fame went beyond VNs.
>>
>>15025187
How so?
>>
>>15026189
Something about servants and the concept of Holy Grail Wars just appeals to a lot of people. Mythological and historical figures being resurrected for a ritual in modern times and having a battle royale- the premise alone is a recipe for success. The world and system were well-developed enough to encourage fans to imagine their own scenarios and Type Moon didn't care about stopping people from making derivative works (which, apparently some companies did, according to that guy, I really wasn't aware, if so). So perhaps the fandom doesn't only have to do with the plot and characters of the game itself and the overall set of rules and ideas in the Nasuverse. Hell if I know, I read FSN years ago and enjoyed it but never became one of the people who obsessed over it, so I don't even remember much about the game.
>>
>>15025972
>Age 18
I don't see the problem.
>>
>>15020628
Yeah, I sometimes wonder the same thing, why do people like something I don't like?
>>
>>15026099
Fate/Zero was possibly the biggest F/SN fanfic.
>>
>>15021029
Saying this as a mythology and fantasy fan, it sucks.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.