[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey ya'll, I just got back from a journey and during my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: LOLK.jpg (120 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
LOLK.jpg
120 KB, 1280x720
Hey ya'll, I just got back from a journey and during my time, LoLK had come out.

Basically, since all this time has passed since then and I just got back, I wanted to know what you all thought of it? Figured it'd be a good time to ask. Been playing since PC days, but I wanted to get what you guys thought before I come to a conclusion. Does it hold up well enough in regards to other ZUN works?

Nice to see you guys still havent changed too much and are still constantly talking about girls, also.
>>
>>14995156
Who are you and why should we care?
>>
>>14995179
Dont care about me! Did you personally like LoLK, anon? Obviously I could form my own opinion on the matter, but i'd like to hear from the board dedicated to the subject also. I wouldn't want to ask /v/.
>>
I am still traumatized by "It's lunatic time!!" and have not been able to boot the game ever since.
>>
File: 1457681568329.png (17 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1457681568329.png
17 KB, 500x400
>Lunaria gets killed by an American flag

All in all a good story.
>>
Better than TD
>>
>>14995156
Its... Different.
Dont be surprised if you dont like it at first. But the change will make sense when you get to stage 5. Kind of.
>>
File: -GVyTOSwYvY.jpg (20 KB, 392x464) Image search: [Google]
-GVyTOSwYvY.jpg
20 KB, 392x464
>>14995156
It was pretty fun, but I need a new butthole
>>
>>14995213
uhm no?????
>>
>>14995492
You just need to dance circularly on that one.
The one with super dense troll spheres is what drives me crazy.
>>
Basically what >>14995464 said. Also, check out the interview from SCoOW; ZUN explains quite a bit about the reasons behind his design choices.

Overall, I'd say it's okay. It has a lot of strong points, but somehow doesn't feel as fun as some other entries. There's plenty of challenge to be had, but you can also get the Extra stage and good endings on Easy. If you're in it for the story, it's a real treat, but make sure you play 14.5 first.
>>
The patterns don't hold up as well as previous games if you're looking to go beyond just a basic 1CC. 6, 7, 8, 11, and 12 still stand out to me as the most enjoyable mainline games to really get into. Because LoLK was designed with Pointdevice mode in mind the game feels more like an extended Extra stage or even a spinoff like Impossible Spellcard. It's easy to tell that ZUN wouldn't have designed many of the patterns the way he did if he didn't assume you'd be playing on Pointdevice mode where you can essentially brute force it. This results in less memorable patterns though, or at least ones that I wouldn't go out of my way to revisit. They may fit the story and the mode, but I only really enjoyed 2 of Junko's attacks (2nd spellcard and the penultimate) and only Clownpiece's 3 non-spells.

On the other hand the music is still as good as ever. Pure Furies is another stage 6 masterpiece, Eternal Spring Dream is catchy as hell, and Faraway Voyage of 380 000 Kilometers fits perfectly with the stage. From this last Comiket I really enjoyed the classical/orchestral arranges in particular. I think LoLKs soundtrack fits really well with them. As far as I'm concerned ZUN has yet to produce a disappointing OST.
>>
>>14995492
Move in some sort of infinity symbol, but before crossing the middle line of that symbol do it in reverse. I wasted two or so hours on that spell in my first time too.
>>
Feels a bit different from other games, but if it's good or bad is all up to you.

It's kind of difficult the first time, but once you get to know how it works, you shouldn't have that much problem, I don't get why people say that it's pretty hard even for normal.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.