[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any Graffiti in Japan?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
Any Graffiti in Japan?
>>
File: scrcht.jpg (12 KB, 283x198) Image search: [Google]
scrcht.jpg
12 KB, 283x198
>>14991810
I hope Japan stays clean. Not like here in the west. But I know that you can find graffiti in abandoned villages/ theme parks etc even in Japan.
>>
I saw Doraemon graffiti near Miami.
>>
>>14991810

Years ago I was on tour with my friends band in Japan (band is from the US) and this little shithead with us went out bombing and got arrested. I was kinda amazed when the kids who came to the show worked something out with the police where they would clean up the fucking paint and do some community service and apologize honor honor stuff. I remember thinking "fuck that don't do that let the little shithead get his medicine". One of the things I liked about the kids in Japan is the fact that they could enjoy music without trying to emulate the people making it. Unlike in the states or many other countries where people adopt cultures or traits or whatever as soon as listening to certain forms of music.

Long story short after they cleaned up this guys mess he went around bragging that they were little suckas and goodie two shoes so I beat the hell out of him while my buddies band was playing another show. Fun times. We got fucking hammered in Japan.
>>
>>14992175
>Unlike in the states or many other countries where people adopt cultures or traits or whatever as soon as listening to certain forms of music

I usually attribute this to them being teens and therefore having not developed self-identity.
Which makes what you described even more interesting, because with all that is said about japan's collectivism, you'd think they would be more inclined to act out subcultures.
>>
>>14992217

They might but in my own experience teens and twenty somethings over there can appreciate heavy music without trying to act like gangsters and put the hat on sideways. Whereas in Europe you had all the kids and twenties with the windbreakers and Adidas on trying to talk in the Boston or New York accent and generally acting idiotic. I would kinda shake my head "Dude we are retarded why would you even want to act like us?"
>>
As a former graff writer from L.A. from the mid 90's to like 2008, that shit is dead just like anything else that started independently. If you see anything that wasn't painted with the risk of getting you're freedom taken away, that shit is lame. As the great Qwel from Typical Cats once said "piss on permission walls". There is no greatness in seeing kids now a days painting and getting paid for what they do when they never paid dues. You can literally go to school for this garbage and get paid. You can work at Coca Cola or pepsi and do their designs stealing shit you see on the streets. Why do i say this? Because that's not what graff is.
>>
>>14992557
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxMsP63UIVA
>>
>>14991810

Not much.
>>
>>14992175
>One of the things I liked about the kids in Japan is the fact that they could enjoy music without trying to emulate the people making it.
I remember reading an article where Ozzy Osbourne said the reason he dressed so strangely on stage was to seperate himself from his audience and that its unfortunate that this can't be done nowadays
>>
>>14992217
My favourite experience with something like this was a person who once said Tool taught them to think for themselves.
>I learned to think for myself
>After a band told me to
>>15004468
Why did he want to seperate himself?
Some musicians are suprising, Ozzy is one given how despite his lifestyle him and Sharron have stayed together for so long, when other "tame" celebrities marriages bomb quickly.
Then you have the Catholic vocalist from Slayer, lots of edgy fans.

I never understood people who emulated musicians. In otder to do that you would need to really narrow down your options. Unless they are preachy as fuck in their music I dont really care.
However I am somewhat worried that I listened to babymetal as a joke, but am actually starting to listen to them unironicly. I really dont want to fall into idolshit, becuase that industry is pure cancer.
Also if I dont peak Japanese, whats a good way to get into more Japanese music (that isnt jpop)?
>>
>>15004545
I know what you mean I listen to a lot of metal and indie but don't get the subculture at all.
I like lots of bands that have preachy messages I don't care about and like them anyway like Hole and Rage against the Machine

>am actually starting to listen to them unironicly.
So what? thats how I learned I kind of like Kanye West and techno if you like babymetal listen to them
>Also if I dont peak Japanese, whats a good way to get into more Japanese music
I can't really offer you much advice I'm learning Japanese at the moment and don't listen to much Japanese music
>>
>>15004592
It can be 10/10 music, but if it's preachy I cant enjoy it. I just want to enjoy music, not have some guy telling me his political views. I guess it depends how good they are, and just how heavy handed the message is. Foreign musicians can get a pass, as I have no idea what non english speakers sing about and sometimes ignorance is bliss.

My issue is how I want to avoid idol related things. Iedols ahve always been soulless, creepy, manufactued things. Given all the stories about girls not being allowed boyfriends and all this crap about appearance. IAllthough I bet idols themselves are sucking their producers dick regularly, they are just high class prostitutes.
I just dont like or agree with the industry. It's like Lady Gaga, everyone loved her and she talks about "being yourself", but she was just doing shit for attention, and you can see her before she becmae "Lady Gaga" and it's a totally different person. I guess I am not a fan of personas, or people who change to something they arent for the sake of money.

I'm learning Japanese too, good luck anon.
>>
>>15004631
Are you drunk posting?
I wish all a lot of stuff was less politically orientated and less manufactured but you have to learn to separate the art from the artist.
A certain edgy German philosopher and music critic loved Wagners music but hated his outlook on life and religion to the point he published a critical essay calling him a weak willed fool.
Welcome to the nhk was written by a Kaworufag that fantasises about being in an abusive relationship with a charactor that only has two episodes of screentime
>>
>>15004545
>Also if I dont peak Japanese, whats a good way to get into more Japanese music (that isnt jpop)
Which genres do you already listen to often?
>>
I saw a cool anti Mitsubishi one in Toyama last week
>>
>>15004545
>I really dont want to fall into idolshit, becuase that industry is pure cancer.
You're retarded. In music there is no such thing as a genre as being cancer. You either like it or not.

Let's GO! AKB48!
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.