[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /jp/ think of Shirou Emiya as a protagonist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: ubw.jpg (34 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
ubw.jpg
34 KB, 1000x563
What does /jp/ think of Shirou Emiya as a protagonist?
>>
Bland
>>
>>14969527
What's bland about him?
>>
Not great. All he does is be dumb and get almost killed repeatedly, until the end where he does some badass thing out of nowhere and saves the day.
Was pretty legit cool in HF, though.
>>
>>14969536
What's not bland about him? Not even the design saved him.
>>
>>14969536
He was designed to be a self-insert for the reader, which is why he is so shit as a magus and SUCH A SUPER NICE GUY THAT PROTECTS WOMMINS.
The closest thing to interesting about him is what he grows up to be, but even that manages to be all emo about his situation.

And when I say 'designed to be a self-insert', it is the truth. After all, the original story had the main character being a female and summoning an actually male Saber/King Arthur. Because Nasu knew the VN audience just wanted to project onto a main character and have a varied cast of girls in their sex scenes, he changed the MC to Shirou and Saber to a girl.
>>
File: 1458846300864.jpg (74 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1458846300864.jpg
74 KB, 800x600
>>14969581
What about this?
>>
Can somebody explain to me why when he knew he would become Archer that he kept going on that path? Seems really dumb. I also wonder why Rin wasn't able to convince him either. She's a million times smarter than he is.
>>
>>14969608
0 x 1,000,000 = 0
>>
>>14969608
Rin's very smart, but Shirou's very stubborn, frustratingly so. He'll stick to his beliefs even when he knows it's not the right thing to do.
It'd be admirable if it was handled better.
>>
>>14969493
Worst type of character.
>a fucking wimp that has some sort of special ability that he can't use yet, so he needs to be protected from everyone
>>
I like him, but mostly because of HF. I liked when he stopped being a mere retarded self-insert and became an actual character. Still retarded, but the good kind of retarded, you know?
>>
Better than Shiki in Tsukihime.
>>
>>14969799
The thing is hes not a wimp, he was up against magus and servants
I also recall him doing things like trying to protect saber in the fate route or choking out shinji in order to get rider to drop her spell
>>
>>14969581

I thought Saber was changed because Takeuchi REALLY wanted to draw a girl in armor
>>
>>14969855

Depends on the route. Shiki is interesting in the Hisui route when he's going insane.
>>
How did he get his white hair?
>>
I thought he was cooler when I was still a teenager.

Now I think he's kinda insufferable

>>14970751

Wasn't it from like burning out magic circuits or something?
>>
>>14969493
He is a fucking retard in more than a sense.
>>
>>14969493
I think he's a very accurate representation of a teenager who lost his family (and his fooster father later on) along mental trauma and issue. He actually behaves like a kid his age (shy, naive, etc) and works hard.

I always think of Shirou and Archer when I realise how shitty everything is and how I believed things would work out fine at the end when I was young, and I remember that even if nothing is like that anymore, I must keep trying hard.

So yeah, I love Shirou.
>>
File: Agrias_Oaks_Wallpaper_yvt2.jpg (290 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
Agrias_Oaks_Wallpaper_yvt2.jpg
290 KB, 1280x800
>>14970724
Nah. If he did, he would not have just made her design a glorified fanart of Agrias.
>>
File: Junko_Enoshima_cute_face.jpg (139 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Junko_Enoshima_cute_face.jpg
139 KB, 1920x1080
>>14969581
>He was designed to be a self-insert
Look at this fukken nerd lol
>>
>>14971890
thanks for posting actual junko
>>
I want to fuck a king!
>>
What the hell happened to Rin after he became Archer?
>>
>>14990014
Probably died.
>>
>>14971890
I would have liked her more as a character if she hadn't been so damn edgy.
>>
File: Formal_Craft.png (2 MB, 1018x1736) Image search: [Google]
Formal_Craft.png
2 MB, 1018x1736
>>14990014
Archer explicitly blames himself for infecting Rin with his ideals and dragging her along for the ride. She very likely died heroically in battle.
>>
>>14990242
Fuck. Good going, Shitrou.
>>
>>14969493
Hakuno and Shiki were better.
>>
File: Shit.jpg (49 KB, 427x479) Image search: [Google]
Shit.jpg
49 KB, 427x479
>>14969493
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.