[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rural Japan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5
File: rural japan.jpg (47 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
rural japan.jpg
47 KB, 512x288
So ever since someone on /a/ mentioned working on a farm in Japan I haven't been able to get the idea out of my head. He said he started volunteering through WWOOF, working on host farms in Japan that provided food and board in exchange for the labour, and that since then he made connections and now lives there working on a farm with other young people making good money.

How true are his statements? Can you make good money working on a farm in Japan? Is it possible to go from volunteering to working full-time, to perhaps even OWNING a farm in Japan?
>>
>>14931964
Farming ain't easy, especially when so little of your country's land is arable.
>>
>>14931964

If I remember correctly its quite literally impoasible for non-Japanese to own land in Japan, legally.
>>
>>14932013
Well that's a shame! Although I kind of understand that. At least there aren't any foreign oligarchs buying up property that ends up empty.
>>
>>14932070
asians are pretty wise to the juden
>>
>>14932013
>>14932070
Complete bullshit. There are zero restrictions on who can own land in Japan, provided they have enough money to pay for it. The weakening of the yen in recent years has resulted in a surge of Chinese buying property in Japan simply as solid investments.
>>
>>14932013
>its quite literally impoasible for non-Japanese to own land in Japan, legally

This is false.
>>
Cheaper to just own land in your own country and farm it desu
>>
>>14933421
what the fuck are you talking about lmao it depends a lot on the country
>>
>>14931964
>How true are his statements?

A guy said so on the internet, so it must be true.
>>
Rural Japan is supper racist.

t. a British (3rd generation, although already from Pakistan) 100% native speaker who was an ALT in Japan rural
>>
>>states random autism as fact
jp - the thread
>>
>>14935199
>already from Pakistan
lol that's why

t. white American who was treated just fine in both rural and urban Japan
>>
>>14931964
Wait, there has been a thread on /jp/ before about this, but it was posted by the guy who was in charge of the project and who was planning to hire foreigners to work in a farm. So this really came to a reality? Or maybe you are just that guy and you are telling lies to make me fall for it and have a shitty life as a farmer in Japan.
>>
>>14936113
WHO ARE YOU QUOTING?
>>
Hard physical labor for hours every day with lots of responsibility is the perfect plan for /jp/.
Come to the /jp/ farm!
>>
>>14936458
This is autism also.

Anon, everybody knows we use "greentext" for more than just quoting here. It's not going to go away because you insist on it only having the one, original use.

Just like the name "greentext" won't go away. It immediately communicates what is meant. That's how language works, fampai.
>>
>>14936716
Don't do this, this is a scam, he will knock you out steal all your possessions and identification and sell you to slavery catching shrimps for Japan in Philippines.
>>
>>14936453
That guy was offering a different thing.
He implicitly stated he was not connected to WWOOF in any way.

>So this really came to a reality?
WWOOF was a thing long before that guy showed up.
>>
>>14936716
I know it's stupid and not feasible, but just imagine how awesome it would be to have our little /jp/ farm somewhere in a small rural Japanese village, where all /jp/sies are freely welcome.

A man can dream.
>>
>>14935199
Are you the guy who said being white plus blonde plus good looking is the key on that other thread on /jp/?
>>
>>14935199

If you look brown, that's probably why. Japan used to have a ton of Iranians working there (yes I know it's not the same, but you'd be amazed how many people can't tell the difference) in the 80s during the construction boom. One of them butchered his japanese girlfriend, I mean in a really sick way, and the public just instantly turned on them and vaguely brown middle eastern people in general.
>>
I lived on a farm, I ain't going back.

But I grew up on a dairy farm so I don't know how useful I'd be on a crop farm.
>>
>>14942973

Did you mean to reply to the person I was speaking to? He's the one of pakistani descent, not me.
>>
>>14942949
Is it really that bad?
>>
>>14937319
I will make this dream true and if you slack off even for a minute, I will tie you to a mule naked and drag you across the village as an example to others.
>>
Given the insanely high fruit prices in Japan, farming seems like a very lucrative business there. I can't say I have any experience growing fruit but even a /jp/er should be able to figure it out.
>>
Let's all go to Japan and start a farm /jp/!
>>
>>14935199
I don't blame them! I go paki bashing on tuesdays and thursdays too!
>>
File: Capture.png (464 KB, 513x451) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
464 KB, 513x451
already do
>>
>>14943683

You'd think shoving your arm almost all the way to the shoulder up a cow's vagina to impregnate her would be hot.

It's not.
>>
>>14947478
Sorry, their rectum. I don't know why I said vagina.
>>
>>14947487
> impregnate
> rectum not vaginate
u wot m8
>>
ive been on my friends family farm in japan. his 80 year old grandma does a lot of work out there. its impressive.
>>
>>14935199
Jeep it up, this will keep out the weeb and illegal immigrant. Has anyone seen that video where a shit load of mideasterner some how got to Japan and preached Islam and shits on the street?
>>
>>14942949
>crop farm
If you like all of the following:
- hard physical labour
- pesticides and fertilizer
- monotony
you will enjoy crop farming

wanna know why all of those tiny old japanese obaasans are permanently hunched over? 50 years of planting rice will do that to you
>>
>>14949868

See what you do is you shove your arm up the butt in order to correctly position the uterus, then you use a little swivel dealie with semen in it in there.
>>
That's absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>14950118

Look cows only produce milk when they're either pregnant or recently given birth. Unless this is a cow being bred for beef (and why would you do that on a dairy farm with a milkcow), you kinda have to get them pregnant within a year of it last giving birth.
>>
>>14950136
This is a highly disturbing revelation.
>>
>>14950154

How did you think it worked beforehand, they just produced milk for no reason?

That makes no evolutionary sense, if a cow has too much milk it makes them sore (which happens to human women too when milk is coming in and engorging the boobs) if there's no calf to drink it and get rid of the stuff.
>>
>>14937319
>>14943814
Actually this is a terrible idea. I don't want retarded gaijins in rural Japan. It takes away the whole beauty of rural Japan.
>>
>>14950173
>That makes no evolutionary sense
Neither do male nipples but they're still there.
>>
>>14947478
>>14950100
Can't they fuck and impregnate themselves?
>>
>>14950247

Yes but you're not going to get a lot of calfs that way
>>
File: 2.jpg (249 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
249 KB, 1024x768
>not already living on a farm in japan

step up.
>>
>>14952086
Tell me your secrets, senpai.
>>
>>14952086
Where do you sleep?
>>
File: DSCN0561.jpg (227 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0561.jpg
227 KB, 1024x768
>>14952459
Here
>>
>>14952476
Your wife looks nice.
>>
>>14937319
Just like the /jp/ mansion. We almost had a nice property (not like anyone would buy it, though) a few months ago.
If you want a farm, post operational stuff and business plan.
>>
>>14942941
Thank god.
>>
fine for a working holiday visa, but I doubt you would get a work visa to work on a farm.
>>
Sometimes I crave the lack of the city lifestyle but I'm sure I'd start missing it a day in.
Rural Japan is absolutely great for letting the steam go and relaxing. Living there? Probably for some.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.