[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does Japan mark summer as the spooky season? Is it something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: Japan.png (40 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Japan.png
40 KB, 500x500
Why does Japan mark summer as the spooky season? Is it something to do with their climate or culture? Or both?
>>
>>14892576
What other season would be spooky? If you ignore the one day of Halloween, is there even a spooky time at all in the west?
>>
>>14892632
>If you ignore the one day of Halloween, is there even a spooky time at all in the west?
midnight
>>
>>14892576
Buddhism crap, I thought any weeb should know that since they explain it quite often in anime
>>
>>14892632
Late Autumn til Mid Winter is the spooky time in the west.
>>
>>14892671
>implying all weebs watch cartoons

dumbass
>>
>>14892892
Isn't thatpl most of the definition of weeaboo?
>>
>>14892576
The Bon (ghosts) festival is in summer.
>the spooky season
>the
But there are spooky things for other seasons too.
>>
It's because being scared gives you the chills, so they scare each other to cool off.
>>
>>14892632
>Is there even a spooky time at all in the west?

The witching hour and devil's hour

With a modern literal meaning of "midnight," the term witching hour refers to the time of night when creatures such as witches, demons, and ghosts are thought to appear and to be at their most powerful and black magic to be most effective. Adversely, the term devil's hour applies to the hour of 3am or 3:15
>>
>>
>>14898055
Please tell me it's a figure
>>
>>14898055
Cute.
>>
>>14892632
Maybe winter where plants and trees die and you always feel a chill in your spine.
>>
>>14901184
>>14901184
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDSf3Kshq1M
>>
>>14901505
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6m40W1s0Wc
>>
File: 4z8U1Ob.jpg (52 KB, 509x521) Image search: [Google]
4z8U1Ob.jpg
52 KB, 509x521
>>14901505
>those are some fat ass hornets
I miss the old youtube, when more videos didn't take themselves as seriously and had stupid captions.
>>
>>14898055
I miss /z/
>>
>>14892922
Yes it's a big part of it. It's where it started. But now it's become to if you like anything about Japan you're a weeaboo. Which is retarded. If there was no anime Japan would have been like any other place.
>>
>>14908371
>If there was no anime Japan would have been like any other place.
Before there was the anime boom, there was samurai and ninjas and also the cool futuristic technological Japan.
>>
>>14908371
>But now it's become to if you like anything about Japan you're a weeaboo. Which is retarded.
Why is that retarded? Words' meanings change over time. Especially the words that were meaningless insults in the first place, like nerd.
>>
>>14908537
Good point.
>>
はい、正解なし。
https://www.google.com/search?q=なぜ夏に怪談
/thread
>>
>>14914952
はい、白痴だ
/thread
>>
>>14916716
日本語で煽りたいならちゃんと習得してからにしろっつーの

I'm just shocked that no one even bothered to google OP's question in Japanese.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.