[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else try to dance to Japanese music and general idolshit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (98 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
98 KB, 1920x1080
Does anyone else try to dance to Japanese music and general idolshit?
It's pretty good for you if you're fat like me. I wish I had a female friend willing to learn Suki Kirai with me.
So far I know ponponpon, Miku's Galaxias, SakuGaku's Heart no Hoshi and like half of Verishuvi. Any other suggestions for easy-ish dances?
>>
>>14874268
Forgot to mention I know BarBarBar but that's Korean. It's my favorite dance though
>>
Singing along with jpop is already borderline gay, but dancing is completely out of the question for any heterosexual man.
>>
>>14874274
That's why I do it at home where nobody sees me.
Even tho it's gay af, it's both fun and good cardio exercise!
>>
>>14874287
You should just care about one thing: do you enjoy it?
>>
>>14874296
Yes. But I wouldn't do those dances outside or at a festival (especially the Sakura Gakuin ones)
And I would especially avoid being this guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6bGq_R8aXQ
>>
>>14874303
Well, you don't enjoy being like that, so don't be like that guy.
>>
>>14874303
Holy shit, this guy...
>>
Japanese dance music, huh?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrKnGkM1nx4
>>
>>14874468
I listen to some dance music but that's style is really not my cup of tea
>>
>>14874488
Why not?
Too much sub and too minimalistic?
The flip side of the record is great too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7nmaPItGFU
>>
>>14874504
For some reason I like this better. Reminds me of the time I was 15 and into dubstep, without sounding as bad as straight up dubstep
>>
>>14874556
I don't know how to tell you, but this is literally dubstep, or what it used to be like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDU1Cy152S4
>>
>>14874268
I am perfectly willing and able to learn the dance with you. I always try to get my boyfriend to do dances with me but he says it's so gay. I've learned quite a few niconico dances!

You should try out Dance Evolution dances and work to learn the full choreo.
>>
>>14874268
>>14874274
There are simple things you can do to adapt a dance that look "cute" (for girls) to a dance that look "cool" (for you to not look gay) while staying the same overall:
-avoid having your arms against your body (leave your hands against your body but have your elbow at the exterior of your body). Same goes for legs, put them apart and never close them entirely.
-double-feet jumping: avoid jumping with stretched legs, and instead bend your legs when jumping
-moves that require you to shake quickly your fists, head, or legs as if you were embarrassed or had to pee: shake them only 2-3 times and much quicker, but pause between each movement.
-moves where you shake your butt: move your whole upper body with it instead of just shaking your waist with it.
-fluid slow moves (like doing an arc with your stretched arm ): start at a faster speed than the feminine version, but slow down quickly and finish the movement at less speed than the feminine version.
-throwing your arms or legs: do it as if you were kicking/punching someone.
-movements with your hands/fingers: keep your wrists straight.
General advice: put energy in your moves and it will naturally look less gay.

As >>14875879 said, I recommend also Dance Evolution. Of course, avoid dances with naturally girly moves like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQv1mmSHkF4 if you don't want to look gay, and prefer stuff like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdTjLrc3Qt0
>>
>>14875879
I'd be more than happy to have a partner, but I'm sure nobody else on /jp/ is Romanian.
I'm majoring in Japanese, so I have weeb classmates, but they are so cringy it's unbearable to hold a conversation with them, let alone initiate in weeb activities
>>
>>14876590
This is good advice actually, thanks
>>
are you me 3 years ago OP?

try to learn this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWK0NHoCNM4
>>
Cute thread
>>
>>14874274
Do you really enjoy your life?

Is it that fun just watching girls doing everything while you're on the sidelines?
>>
>>14877900
What do they do that's more cringy than being a fag guy who dances to female idol choreography?
>>
>>14882156
*fat
fag works too, though.
>>
>>14882156
>>14882241
Literally the first thing a female classmate said to me and my 2 friends was "do yo like k-pop". No hello, no nice to meet you
Also, people talk very openly about anime and weeb activities. One guy ran like Naruto, some other dude said jikishou out loudly when he failed an exam. They also share really bad memes on our facebook group at 8 AM
>>
What is Japan's pop music that everyone there would listen to? As in, what's their Taylor Swift or Ed Sheeran? It can't be KPP surely.
>>
>>14885091
She's one of them.
>>
Question: Where do I find the space to do these dances? My home isn't particularly roomy...
>>
>>14885535
Do it in the same park that you do your morning calisthenics in.
>>
I have no coordination between my feet and the rest of my body. I dance like a parasite that inhabited a human shell and can't quite figure out how to make it move properly yet.
>>
Occasionally while watching MMD in a faulty state of mind I'll try and execute the dance, but it usually ends up so poorly that I remember why I don't.
>>
>>14885535
I juat do them at home. It's not very roomy butI have enough space I think.
>>
When I was a student in Japan, there was this one Japanese gyaru that loved J-Pop/anime music. Almost everyday, before class, she would give her phone to some guy to record her dancing to some anime opening song/popular idol group's music. Everyone would stare as this gyaru jumped around the classroom, showing off. It was kind of awkward.
>>
>>14874268
Ronnie Filyaw is that you?
>>
>>14886830
She's a Japanese person in Japan, so imo she gets a pass.
If you're white and you do this in any gaijin country where people don't even understand the lyrics to the song, let alone the idea of dancing to anime music, then it's autism.
>>
>>14874268
If one of your fookers insult the perfection that is Miume I will find you and shit in your shoes.
>>
>>14886968
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzI83tXbKwQ&list=PLADA9C3597AA04752
>>
>>14885091
AKB48
>>
>>14888096
This. Literally everybody and their mother has listened to at least 5 AKB48 songs in Japan.
Some like it, some don't. But it's pretty popular.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.