[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good evening dear /jp/ How you want your next (and of course
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: ui1.png (519 KB, 1281x961) Image search: [Google]
ui1.png
519 KB, 1281x961
Good evening dear /jp/

How you want your next (and of course best) 2hu clone served?

There are few possible layout options. I would like to hear what you prefer. First is Original left aligned "classic" 2hu layout and another is with centered gamescreen.

If you have other ideas or suggestions I would like to hear more about them.
>>
File: ui2.png (515 KB, 1282x961) Image search: [Google]
ui2.png
515 KB, 1282x961
I'll leave this here too.
>>
>>14869952
This one has lots of wasted space, it's bad.
>>
No static patterns, please.
>>
I like to play windowed, so the first one is better.
>>
I never liked the "health ring" of the newer games.
>>
>>14870158
Tbh nether do I. I will remove it at some point and go with old one, or create whole a new one.
>>
Make something own. It can be 2hu like, but make it with own story and characters. If you are good and wont give up this could be big thing. Atleast for me. 2hu is going in bad direction.
>>
>>14870384
I think that's the idea. I mean, he did say "2hu clone" rather than "2hu fangame".
>>
Please test the various difficulties of the game to ensure that they match a reasonable difficulty curve for the difficulty chosen. Quite a few 2hu games are guilty of this, where certain spellcards are harder on normal than they would be in hard, etc.

Also try to keep the rise in difficulty between each stage gradual. Getting to stage 6 should represent the largest spike in difficulty whereas you shouldn't have a massive spike in difficulty at stage 4 of 5 with the rest of the game being around that difficulty like most touhou games seem to be. Honestly I really don't feel that Zun tests the difficulty curves in his games at all.
>>
>>14870384
Make it with a different system too. Use the "grazing makes you stronger" system from Castle Shikigami or something.
>>
a rank system would be nice, kinda miss them from pc98 era
>>
>>14871594
Yeah, I agree. However, I do feel that there is more of an emphasis on Zun's part as far as wanting the player to endure the patterns consistently for an extended period of time, as well as across stages at a certain point.
>>
>>14869950
>>14869952
I hope that's not an example because those patterns look as generic as thay can get.
>>
File: Nitori.jpg (255 KB, 875x1017) Image search: [Google]
Nitori.jpg
255 KB, 875x1017
>>14872884
Im building my engine and system at the moment. There are plenty of things done, plenty of things changed from engines what I have used as reference and there will be more work with only this engine that I don't want even think about it. I'm making improvements one thing at time and at some point I really can start buid game itself.

Those patterns are generic as Zun can get. But you need start somewhere. I know what I can do now and Im definetely sure it is something I dont want publish as a "real" game. That is one reason I am working more with engine and not with game. I will use my time with those patterns and I know you expect something innovative. I'll make my best. If you can help me, you can tell examples of your favorite patterns and I can learn something mimicing them and same get some inspiration.
>>
>>14871556
Yes you are right. I plan make totally own game with own setting. I'll try my best to innovate something new things for game mechanics, so it wouldn't be only blatant copy.

>>14871594
I have plans for playtesting and Im planning to start tests at early iterations as possible with people I know first and after I need some people that I dont know personally for most honest feedback.
>>
>>14873197
I know the pattern is similar to some ZUN's ones, but those are used as generic non spell fodder as a resting interval between actual attacks. (Although in Ex mode good part of the time these end up bwing harder than half of the spells due to their speed)
>>
>>14873197
I like patterns that don't have much of a pattern in them, ones that don't have a trick per se. Like "Illusional Misdirection" or "Spring kyoto dolls"
>>
>>14869950
It's gonna be shit unless you actually get some good ZUN style artist and composers with you.
>>
>>14873821
Yeah. Not worth even trying
>>
File: nV3RLgE.png (356 KB, 470x509) Image search: [Google]
nV3RLgE.png
356 KB, 470x509
>>14873821
>ZUN style artist
No pls.
>>
>>14869950
Have you tried using the full space of the screen like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6BG2dpjZ0w

I've always wondered why shmups continue to use arcade-derived screens that waste a ton of space. We have widescreen monitor now and the added space lets you have even more intricate bullet patterns.
>>
>>14873197
Don't make cheap trial and error patterns.
I like patterns of dense waves of bullets slowly falling. Please don't abuse diagonal straigh lasers.
>>
>>14875027
>I've always wondered why shmups continue to use arcade-derived screens that waste a ton of space.
And what you posted doesn't waste a ton of space? The wider the game screen is, the easier is to give your player a headache and the higher the chance that a stray bullet coming from the side kills him because he's too worried focusing on what's above him to bother looking at the sides.

"well, then don't have patterns that threaten the player's sides that much!"
Then all the extra horizontal space is completely redundant and wasted.
>>
>>14873821
This is why we can't have nice things...
>>
>>14882858
No, i'm simply implying you should ask me for music, but i'm too much of a pussy to use my name on anonymous messageboards
>>
>>14882895
Are you that guy that made a lot of originals songs in ZUN's style?
>>
>>14882968
If i say yes, you will probably remember me forever as that person that couldn't even directly say "hey want my help?", i don't want to be remembered for that, so no.
I think i'll just stop posting, bye.
>>
File: 1449294847068.jpg (197 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1449294847068.jpg
197 KB, 1920x1080
I wonder when this one will die
rip https://github.com/laochailan/taisei
>>
Music is the most important thing when it comes to shooting games!
>>
>>14883049
Cute girls are the most important thing!
>>
I don't think music is necessary at this stage.
>>
Is it free software as in freedom?
>>
I'm not going to play your shitty clone if I don't like the music!
>>
>>14883084
Not even if robots force you to play it?
>>
File: 8b2.jpg (120 KB, 853x543) Image search: [Google]
8b2.jpg
120 KB, 853x543
>>14883083
>>
>>14869950
>How you want your next (and of course best) 2hu clone served?

If I want to play 2hu, I, uhh, play 2hu.
>>
>>14884575
Even after ZUN retires?

It is likely this type of projects are doomed to fail one way or another. Fact is are not going to get new 2hu's forewer.

I hope someone makes something similiar, but new and fresh enough that we could have something to fap for in future too.
>>
>>14884695
Look at all the "zelda clones" out there and tell me if any of them are better than the original, or if even half of them are worth wasting time playing.

I gotta agree with >>14884575
If I wanted to play a touhou game, i'd play the touhou games. The only good fangames are ones that don't try to copy it, but do something completely different.
>>
>>14884729
Binding of Isaac
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Okami

Not better, but enjoyable good
>>
Looks like op gave up.
>>
>>14883001
Too late, I know who you are and have your site
>>
File: Kirisame.Marisa.full.342140.jpg (1 MB, 2421x1200) Image search: [Google]
Kirisame.Marisa.full.342140.jpg
1 MB, 2421x1200
>>14892009
I've been busy with the project and I think this thread did the job what I expected.

Ty all for honest feedback. I appreciate it.

>>14883001
Thanks for the indirect offer, but I already have composer to make score and sounds with me for the game. Musics of the game will be very different comparing to Touhou. People consisted of a bit wrong that "Touhou clone" thing too. I'm making my engine (and learning how control shit and bullets) with Touhou assets, but I really try add something original and different in my own game.

This project will be progressing slowly for various reasons and I think next time I might bring some more concrete to the table.

Thank you for your attention. You can let this thread die now.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.