[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Len'en Project general. Discussion of this poor looking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2
Len'en Project general.

Discussion of this poor looking shit quality game made by poor alcoholic
>>
>>14827025
JynX is trying. He's currently in his PC-98 Stage give him a break after this Len'en Game for a few year and then boom Len'en becomes bigger than Touhou.
>>
Why would anyone want to play a game about Lenin?
>>
>>14828519
Because he was the best Beatle.
>>
>>14828423
How about no.
>>
>>14828423
What even is this "PC-98 Stage" thing?

Quality of Len'en's is horrible. There is no reason why these games would become popular as Touhou series.

Do you really think that copypaste shit will turn something original just waiting few years?
>>
>>14828519
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIY36UbDbQQ
Mostly because of this.
>>
Japanese game developers have always confused me. It seems like they just make as much shit as possible and hope one of them sticks. They all look the same for the most part, too. It's just weird.
>>
File: Cb0z3LPUkAAlOpC.webm (244 KB, 800x564) Image search: [Google]
Cb0z3LPUkAAlOpC.webm
244 KB, 800x564
>>14827025
Why would you make a general...? BPoHC isn't even out yet and there's little to discuss until it comes out.

>>14828423
While that's true, I doubt it'll take off that easily. Hopefully it gets a bit more popularity at least.

>>14829584
>>14830102
I bet you guys don't even like shmups in general. Casuals.

>>14831872
Misconception. Not to mention there's lots of games to prove you wrong even in the Doujin world.
>>
Seeing this thread for the umpteenth time actually got me to look into Len'en. After reading that the creator outright admits it's a shameless Touhou ripoff, I was more than prepared to give it a chance, because who wouldn't want more of a good thing? So I gave it a shot.

For a game that claims to be a Touhou knockoff, it really ignores a lot of what makes Touhou enjoyable. The most glaring problem was all the shit strewn around the screen; that has to be one of the ugliest, messiest, least-helpful game interfaces I've ever seen. And then the first stage throws control-altering gimmicks at you right off the bat, for no apparent reason; how are you supposed take it easy and enjoy the simple fun of dodging bullets like that? The stages were quite short, but then the boss fights dragged on and on; so much time spent on each pattern and spell card, even when I was shooting down the boss, and the music didn't have the energy to keep it interesting. And the stage music was re-used on multiple stages, and there are a dozen playable characters, and it uses a health bar system but compensates by having bizarrely dense danmaku for early stages, and shit keeps popping up on screen to interrupt the stages, and everything feels mushy, and in general it seems like no care was put into any part of its creation.

Some of the patterns and cards were neat, and the stage music wasn't bad. I can't comment on the dialogue or story, not being able to read moon, but the character designs are retarded in at least a semi-cute way. All in all, it seems like there are a few good ideas in there, but they need a competent game designer to actually flesh them out. At this point, I'm amazed anyone still cares about the series.
>>
>>14834984
>first stage has control-altering gimmicks
Are we talking about the same games here or...?
>he's talking about the 4th game
Look, Len'en 4's a bit hard to understand, as it drags on to choices and paths you can take. Some stages go onward due to bad route choices, so you'll repeat the stages themselves. While the stuff around the screen is indeed a mess, it's not too hard to understand after you read the fucking manual or do the tutorial first. I mean seriously? And the reason for the health bar in the first place is due to the randomness mechanic the game has, which are randomly generated stages, so not having a health bar is pretty much unfair. Then again, you can turn on insta-death if you're into that. Also, if you're playing on Unreal, it's to be expected, as it's not balanced at all. It'll be fixed on the full version. You don't even realize there are upgrades you can buy to make your experience enjoyable through harder parts, making the game a bit easier if you want to. And if you're having doubts about the whole ripoff thing, play the other 3 games first before commenting without anything to back it up.

People these days don't even research stuff previously, complaining right after. Get a brain will you?
>>
>>14835862
Shit is still shit even if it is wrapped in beautiful gift wrapping paper.

Well. In this case paper looks like shit too.
>>
>>14836376
So you're saying you're shit regardless of how good the games are? Makes sense.
>>
Touhou has been sold put by ZUN, we Len'en now.
>>
>>14836425
I wouldn't enjoy your kuso shmup if it was the last fucking shmup on PC.
>>
>>14836495
I can smell the shit in your taste from too far away. Leave already.
>>
>>14835862
You explain all that as though it's some kind of defense, but it just reinforces what I said originally; Len'en completely throws out the idea of 'the simple fun of dodging bullets', instead becoming a complicated, gimmicky mess.

Honestly, my gripes about the visuals, music, and general unpolished look are small and easily overlooked. If the game actually followed in the spirit of Touhou gameplay-wise, I'd be all over it. But this is ridiculous.

And of course I played the latest one, because I wanted to see the best the guy has to offer. I'm not trying to find fault with it; on the contrary, I really want another fun shmup to play.
>>
>>14836673
>If the game actually followed in the spirit of Touhou gameplay-wise, I'd be all over it. But this is ridiculous.
>And of course I played the latest one, because I wanted to see the best the guy has to offer. I'm not trying to find fault with it;
>Doesn't check the ones that actually use the "Touhou" gameplay much more.
>Only uses the experimental game which is vastly different than any shmup as the prime example.
>>
>>14836685
I don't know who you're quoting, but if you're trying to tell me that 3 is better, I'll give it a try.
>>
>>14836685
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>14836717
Epic memes bro. 1, 2 and 3 are a parody of Touhou's 6, 7 and 8 respectively. Since 9 is completely different compared to those, JynX makes a different game, and since you can't understand simple mechanics it's bad. I forget retards like you exist.
>>
>>14836725
>parody
You mean a shittier version of?

Also, your /v/ is showing.
>>
>>14836733
Who are you quoting?
Also, your shit taste is showing.
>>
>>14836735
He's literally quoting you.

If this is what the average Len'en fan is like, maybe I should just forget about it.
>>
>>14836735
>>14836733
>>14836725
>>14836526
>>14836376

This is /jp/ guys, please try to keep it nice.
>>
>>14836735
>Who are you quoting?
You.
You're really mad right now, it's kind of funny.
>>
>>14836747
I'm sorry. It's just this whole ULiL on PS4 thing has me really worked up, I guess.
>>
>>14836735
Do really expect /jp/ to have good taste? This is why making a general is useless here. Half of this board at least has shit taste. Just let it go man, it's pointless.
>>
>>14836745
>>14836751
Here's a (You)

>>14836754
I guessed as much. There's no point in talking to autists. I forget where I am.
>>
>>14836735
Not that guy, but he's quoting the post he's responding to. Not everyone uses the quote function incorrectly.
>>
Why does the len'in wiki use tumbler pronouns instead of he and she?
http://lenen.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Brilliant_pagoda_or_haze_castle
>>
>>14836766
Find other places to talk about it, /jp/'s a terrible place for that.

>>14836793
If this was a decent general, it would have been explained in the OP. They use it because the characters have no canon gender and it's up for player interpretation, which is fine. Unfortunately, some tumblertards said it wasn't right so they changed it. Even the wiki owners hate it.
>>
>>14836793
Because JynX didn't give any of the Len'ens a gender and leaves it up to Players/Fans to decide it for them. Since it would be a debate of I think (Insert Len'en) is (Insert gender) they use zhe and stuff.
>>
>>14836804
>>14836810
But they even call the creator a ze instead of his confirmed gender of a he.
>>
>>14836825
Becuase JynX is also a Len'en, Anon. You know this.
>>
>>14836825
I remember he did make a joke that pretty much revealed that, but again, people get offended and claim shit. I saw them changing to "He" and then back to "Ze". I'm sure there's some sort of discussion on JynX's wiki page.
>>
>>14836833
So is zun hadn't confirmed that Touhou's are lolis, they'd be labeled as hirs and zes. That brings shudders down my spine.
>>
>>14836851
Blame the people that can't use "She" for convinience's sake and need to be a special snowflake. The fact Len'en is heavily Touhou inspired, it would make sense to just assume that.
>>
>>14836869
But male characters are even labeled as ze's
http://lenen.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Fumikado%27s_grandfather
>>
>>14836878
Blame the same people.
I bet if the last boss from this new game's left side is Fumikado's daughter, they'll still label her with those sorry excuses for pronouns.
>>
Well, 3 is certainly more Touhou-like. It seems oddly difficult, though. I play Touhou on Hard, and this seems about as hard as that, or maybe a bit more, on Normal.

While it still feels unpolished, and could definitely take a few more pages from Touhou's book in terms of visual and sound design, it's not terrible. I'll keep playing and see if I can make any progress.
>>
>>14836931
2 and 1 are even more Touhou-like. Len'en really does throws in harder difficulty, so expect nearly unfair-tier bullshit on Unreal sometimes. It's all still possible, but it's a major pain. My only gripe with the games are the stages so it doesn't really bother me much, as they're too easy.

On a different note, if you do try the extra stages, you'll notice it has 3 difficulty levels, similar to PC-98 Touhou. Be aware that Absurdly difficulty is meant to be a joke and it's essentially an Ultra-mod for the stage alone. Don't take it seriously.
>>
>>14836851
Nah. It's pretty obvious that 2hus are female, even from ZUN's art. JynX just sucks more than ZUN at drawing somehow, so he covers that up by claiming that they're supposed to be androgynous.
>>
>>14836944
PC98 didn't have alternate difficulties for Extra.
>>
>>14837298
That's honestly debatable. Compare ZUN's Touhou 6-8 art with JynX's current art and I'd prefer JynX's any day.

>>14837303
You're right actually. I'm mixing games up.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.