[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First introduction to Japanese culture
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: animepic_23.jpg (957 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
animepic_23.jpg
957 KB, 1920x1080
So, what is the first thing that got you interested in Japan/otaku culture?
For me, it would have to be Super Mario games from the 90's.
Once I learned they were made in Japan, I started to look for more Japanese media.
Anime, music, idols, etc. From there I got interested in Japanese culture in general.
>>
When I was about 13 we had this exchange student from Japan stay at our house. She was about 14.

When she came she brought all sorts of things from Japan like dagashi, video games (gameboy stuff) and manga and whatnot. She was quite shy so she'd spend a lot of time in her room studying or doing hobby stuff. No one disturbed her much except to call her at meal times.

One day my parents were out and we were both in our respective rooms. I hadn't seen her that day and thought things seemed pretty quiet so I decided to check on her to see that she's okay. Anyway I went into her room and saw it. This tiny, completely naked Japanese girl was taking a dump right on the floor, with only a thin sheet of plastic film protecting the carpet below.

At that moment she realized my presence and turned around. For a millisecond our eyes met and she flushed bright red before shouting at me in Japanese to get out. I averted my gaze as soon as fast as I could but it was already too late. I went back to my room saying sorry and neither of us said anything for the rest of the day. At that time there was a week left of her stay and until she left she was even more quiet and reclusive than before. Whenever we'd pass in the corridor she'd avoid making eye contact but I couldn't help but notice her blush. My parents asked if anything was the matter but obviously we said nothing.

Anyway sooner enough she returned to Japan and we lost contact. I remember her name, but it's so common that there's no way I could track her down with just that. She left some stuff that she brought here (maybe as an apology?) and that gave me a window into Japanese culture. I obviously could not forget the day I saw her in that incriminating position and ended up having a fetish for cute Asian girls doing dirty things. Sometimes I scour the web for new Japanese amateur/pro videos wondering if I can find her. I only vaguely remember what she looked like back then and can only guess what she looks like now. I just hope that if I see her, I'll know it's her.
>>
>>14813683
Sailor Moon

>>14813804
Lewd
>>
>>14813683
The year 1999 when the first Pokémon episode aired in my country. After that it has been a slippery slope
>>
>>14813804
>Watch a Japanese girl take a dump on the floor.
>Gain an affinity for Japanese culture.

Nice story, bro. This is possibly the most
original way to be introduced to Japan?
>>
>>14813804
Was she part-Indian?
>>
File: IMPACT.jpg (49 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
IMPACT.jpg
49 KB, 640x480
>>14813683
Playing Goemon on n64 with barely any english skills. Everything was just too strange without any background knowledge.
>>
I thought Pokemon was American when I was a kid.
>>
>>14813804
What the fuck? Is this a normal cultural thing for them?
>>
>>14814937
Asians shit on the floor.
>>
>>14814937
Not for the Japanese.
>>
>>14813804
Pu in ru
>>
Godzilla when I saw it as a kid.
Always had a thing for Japanese culture as a kid after seeing those movies because I thought Japan brought out the coolest shit. Even gave me an appreciation for subtitles.
>Parents laughed when I said I wanna go to Japan when I was 7 years old
>>
>>14817908
>>Parents laughed when I said I wanna go to Japan when I was 7 years old
And now you are on /jp/. Tell them how shit they are at parenting next time you see them.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.