[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one is the best Touhoumon? I'd love one with a new
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1728620_orig.jpg (28 KB, 464x309) Image search: [Google]
1728620_orig.jpg
28 KB, 464x309
Which one is the best Touhoumon? I'd love one with a new map/story
>>
>>14739979
The new standalone game Puppet Play.
>>
>>14739982
http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Gensou_Ningyou_Enbu

This?
>>
>>14739994
Yes, this one's the best. It's also a standalone game and not a simple hack, with new types and mechanics
>>
>>14740000
Thanks
>>
>>14740016
>>14740000
There's also a new version/expansion, including the LoLK characters and some other new stuff. Not sure if there's an English patch yet, though.
>>
>>14741001
Not yet. They are working on it, though.
>>
>>14740000
It has too many questionable design choices to be considered the best. Such as not being able to get a map at the beginning of the game and instead it can only be accessed through the Gap, no Double Battles, trainers (I can understand if this just applied to wild puppets) just don't give you money and instead you have to take the collectable things they gave you to a peddler if you want money, no rebattling trainers or characters and more.

From a gameplay balance perspective, it's pretty okay (I still find the 1.8 romhacks like Emerald better), but from a design standpoint, it's pretty bad.
>>
>>14742918
Still say the biggest problem is the lack of direction, though apparently the new patch does something to address that. Glad I wasn't the only one.
>>
>>14742918
>It has too many questionable design choices to be considered the best.
It more than makes up for those minor faults with visible IVs, being able to choose your EVs, no more HMs, infinite uses of TMs, more intuitive move learning mechanics, easier and better breeding mechanics, way more balance in both puppets and types, and a story that isn't cringeworthy.

Easily the best Puppet game, even with the flaws.
>>
File: yuukabest.png (2 KB, 955x176) Image search: [Google]
yuukabest.png
2 KB, 955x176
>>14742918
I have to agree with >>14743021, especially since the flaws you mentioned aren't even that bad. The lack of a map is a bit annoying, but there's really no need for one at the start either; double battles are a neat feature but don't really add anything beyond some novelty; you can at least re-battle characters post-game.

Admittedly, there's absolutely no reason you couldn't just win money instead of jumping through hoops to sell trinkets, and that's pretty annoying,
>>
>>14743021
>>14744136
>minor faults
>double battles are a neat feature but don't really add anything beyond some novelty
Except they're the definitive battle format for Pokemon. A pokemon clone without them is pretty ass. Singles are the most boring shit.
>>
>>14744923

>definitive battle format

anyone who takes pokemon this seriously is a fucking loser

sorry to break the news to you this way
>>
>>14744923
>Singles are the most boring shit
Not quite mate.
>>
Don't listen to these idiots, Touhoumon Emerald (I believe it has been renamed Touhoumon Purple) is the best Touhoumon. Granted, it is still a hack, but its ``depth'' (if you can call Pokemon deep in the first place) by far exceeds the game mentioned by >>14739982. Unless you grind to hell, you actually have to think during boss fights, which are interesting and varied. I highly recommend it (the author is an asshat, though, so don't get too close to his social media links).
>>
>>14747443
If I'm not mistaken, Purple is an adaptation of the original Touhoumon Emerald. I played it last year and it's very very good.

>(the author is an asshat, though, so don't get too close to his social media links)
If we're talking about the same guy, he's actually pretty cool so I don't know what you did to annoy him.
>>
>>14747443
>>14747589
Emerald/Purple's difficulty is great, but the Touhous are so balanced that nobody really stands out, which I'd definitely call a problem. There's a big lack of interesting ability/type/moveset/stats combinations.
>>
>>14744923
Doubles are fucking trash and always have been, just because worlds uses it doesnt mean its the definitive way to play especially because there are typically very few doubles in the actual games themselves
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.