[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Acting differences between Anime and JDramas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: underwear-lingerie-final.png (222 KB, 618x345) Image search: [Google]
underwear-lingerie-final.png
222 KB, 618x345
Recently made the transition from the ol' chinese animated cartoons to live action drama series's. First started with Netflix's Atelier and then moved over to crunchyroll with a couple of episodes of some Nietzsche like guy thing and finally settled currently watching Great Teacher Onizuka.

What I've noticed is the camera work and acting are very similar to anime. Was this intentional and been done from long ago or did this sort of media imagery bleed out from one into the other?

I wanted to watch live action to see how real Japanese people interact with each other. I guess I already shot myself in the foot when it's in the name (J "Drama"). But seeing how similar acting is between the two made me think for reasons why they choose the way they make television over there.
>>
File: 31516545.gif (529 KB, 160x120) Image search: [Google]
31516545.gif
529 KB, 160x120
>>14733441
>I wanted to watch live action to see how real Japanese people interact with each other
>>
>>14733441
It's their general entertainment acting and production style, not really specific to anime. You may have to find a documentary or something if you want real interaction.
>>
File: 1426206562721.jpg (111 KB, 700x556) Image search: [Google]
1426206562721.jpg
111 KB, 700x556
>I wanted to watch live action to see how real Japanese people interact with each other
Jesus...
>>
File: 78915132534.gif (1 MB, 356x200) Image search: [Google]
78915132534.gif
1 MB, 356x200
>>14733441
Maybe because you're watching shows that are based off of anime?

If you actually want to watch quality Japanese TV shows then I suggest either of the following:

Hanzawa Naoki
Mozu
Border
One Litre of Tears
Kaseifu no Mita
>>
Just watch movies. If you are intent on streaming Hulu has tons of older japanese new wave films. My local library also has a decent selection of japanese movies.
>>
>>14733441
>currently watching Great Teacher Onizuka.
>What I've noticed is the camera work and acting are very similar to anime

Some kinda dumbass.
>>
I don't see a single similarity. In fact J-dramas usually have insanely poor lighting and pretty awful acting. Watch Japanese movies instead or crawl through enough shows to find something good.
>>
>>14733454
>>14733566
>>
>mfw still on suicide watch after finishing Ryomaden

I need to buy a PS4 and play Ishin already.
>>
File: resize.jpg (62 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
resize.jpg
62 KB, 640x360
>>14755470
>>
I'm always annoyed by how the actors have to move their head so much with every word they say. But I guess that is drama acting, like caricaturing of people.
>>
I just want to say that I watched only the 1998 gto, and I liked it so much that I can't watch the new version
>>
>>14756746
Isn't the new version like taiwanese or something?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.