[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There are people who actually think Tao is better than Hijirin, W h y
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 18
There are people who actually think Tao is better than Hijirin, W h y
>>
id do unforgivable things to that body
>>
>>14697836
How many of those things involve a penis?
>>
>>14697831
Does she know Buddhisms sacred language?
Do the Taoist know theirs?

These are the sacred language of the various religions

Buddhism = Pali/Sanskrit
Taoist = Classical Chinese
>>
File: 1449796093642.jpg (501 KB, 1050x918) Image search: [Google]
1449796093642.jpg
501 KB, 1050x918
>>
File: 1428787745782.jpg (579 KB, 834x1103) Image search: [Google]
1428787745782.jpg
579 KB, 834x1103
>>14697831
Taoists allow sex.
Buddhists dont.

Byakuren also thinks an unthinking person who would be classified as mentally ill irl, is something you should aspire to become.

>>14697978
Does anyone even speak sanskrit now?
Also is Chinese that different?

WHatever, Buddhism and Taoism are trash. I dont relaly understand Shinto, they dont have any religious books/scriptures that are central like the Tao, Bible, Dhammapada,etc. But when the choice is a religion about mental regression, a religion about accepting nature, and a religion where you invoke the help of gods to actually improve your life. I think Shinto wins hands down. Now it's jsut a mater of picking between Suwako/Kanako or Reimu's God and hoping the latter eventually delivers something.
>>
Why does
Yuckuren have two threads.
>>
File: 1434037516639.png (268 KB, 1280x1058) Image search: [Google]
1434037516639.png
268 KB, 1280x1058
>>
File: daki.jpg (146 KB, 539x800) Image search: [Google]
daki.jpg
146 KB, 539x800
I want this but I can't afford it right now.
>>
File: 1369599724199.jpg (80 KB, 470x467) Image search: [Google]
1369599724199.jpg
80 KB, 470x467
because futo
>>
>>14702391
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 10
>>
File: Z04JKl2.png (254 KB, 656x461) Image search: [Google]
Z04JKl2.png
254 KB, 656x461
>>14697872
all of them
>>
MOM
WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT MAKING THREADS ABOUT YOURSELF
>>
File: 1290843222215.jpg (60 KB, 320x272) Image search: [Google]
1290843222215.jpg
60 KB, 320x272
Daily reminder that Byakuren's beauty is fake.
>>
>>14702391
FUTO
U T
T U
OTUF
>>
>>14698517
The difference between Classical Chinese and Modern Chinese is like the difference between Latin and English minus 70% vocabulary difference.
Before Tao actually become a religion, it's just a school of teaching like Confucius' or Plato's, and that school of teaching actually emphasize on respecting and following the nature and it oppose the material world. The Tao scripture mainly talk about how one should follow nature. Like the first line of text on Tao Te Ching said: The Tao that can be trodden is not the enduring and unchanging Tao. The name that can be named is not the enduring and unchanging name.
But a few hundreds years after the scripture is written, someone incorporate elements from the school of teaching into some other rural religions to form what's being know as Taoism Religion. It's kinda irony that the focus of many Taoist people in ancient China's time focus on reversing the natural order and find medicine for immortality or becoming god by alchemy. This branch eventually died out, replaced by other branches that pursuit spiritural immortality instead of external immortality, but there are also other branches that focus on rituals.
>>
>>14718035
What
the
fuck?
>>
>>14722874
Yeah I have read up on Taoism, and I always found the Taoist hermits funny given how they go so far against Taoism with things like necromancy or persuit of immortality.
Not that the Buddhists are much better when you consider how Shou supposedly has anger issues behind closed doors and that Byakuren is afraid of death and used magician bullshit to stop herself growing old.

Let's face it, the only religion living correctly in Gensokyo is Shinto. When Reimu becomes the symbol of religious devotion it's safe to say Gensokyo is extremely shitty when it comes to spirituality. Arent Sanae and her gods only interested in money and faith?
Reimu really is the last truely spiritual person.
>>
File: Hakurei.Reimu.full.1814532.jpg (284 KB, 496x725) Image search: [Google]
Hakurei.Reimu.full.1814532.jpg
284 KB, 496x725
>>14723115
I'd think the shinigami boatwoman, but I don't have a pic of her.
>>
File: 1444689130234.jpg (43 KB, 411x231) Image search: [Google]
1444689130234.jpg
43 KB, 411x231
>>14723174
How the fuck is Komachi remotely religious?
She's only envolved in ferrying the dead and she fucks that up by slacking off all the time.
>>
>>14723115
Except shinto ain't particularly concerned with morality in the first place, with their definition of impurity being a spontaneous reaction to amoral natural forces as opposed to a moral judgment. It's perfectly justified for Kanako and Suwako to try harder to obtain their faith, with their existence being on the line, to boot (or at least Suwako's existence).
>>
File: truth about buddhism.jpg (214 KB, 624x758) Image search: [Google]
truth about buddhism.jpg
214 KB, 624x758
>>
>>14723223
She's a psychopomp for souls?
>>
>>14723936
nice fap, I need more of her, but everybody is now busy with kantai to even make doujin of touhou.
>>
>>14722886
Thought it was just a butt, but maybe there was something else I missed.
>>
>>14723273
>with their definition of impurity being a spontaneous reaction to amoral natural forces
What?
>>
>>14727016

I think he's trying to say that Shintoism defines impurity as a literal state of having a pure existence diluted by a force that weakens it, as opposed to moral impurities, which means doing bad shit. It's the difference between being literally corrupted by a nefarious force and being considered corrupt because you do bad shit that'll get you judged in the afterlife.

Not that I know jack shit about Shintoism, but I think that was what he was saying.
>>
>>14728127
It would be easier to understand Japanese religious stuff if they had a book like the Bible.
Was Shinto so difficult for them to compile into a single book? Or were Japs just mindlessly doing rituals without writing down/speaking about why, or how to act?
>>
File: 1449409267859.png (188 KB, 319x310) Image search: [Google]
1449409267859.png
188 KB, 319x310
>>14697831
The Tao is unknowable, thus it could be something of unfathomable beauty- enough to match the divine splendor that is our lord and savior Hijirin. Could be. Could. It will remain unknowable, and we will have to turn to things that, with great effort, can be understood by us.

Thus, Hijirin.
>>
Hijiri has bigger tits than Taosluts lmao
>>
File: 1338993911424.png (173 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1338993911424.png
173 KB, 800x450
>>14726894
a big
futa
dong
>>
>>14728272
She wont get them out or fuck you.
Taoists will, and they have their own boobhu.
>>
>>14728316
>She wont get them out or fuck you.

Enough with this meme Taoslut.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhist_view_of_marriage
>>
>>14728348
>So asked him at least to have intercourse with his former wife so that their property would have an heir. Ven. Sudinna consented, took his wife into the forest, and had intercourse three times.

>Immediately he felt remorse and eventually confessed his deed to his fellow bhikkhus. Word reached the Buddha, who called a meeting of the Community, questioned Ven. Sudinna, and gave him a rebuke. The rebuke fell into two major parts. In the first part, the Buddha reminded Ven. Sudinna of his position as a samana a monk or contemplative and that his behavior was unworthy of his position. Also, the Buddha pointed out to him the aims of the teaching and noted that his behavior ran counter to them. The implication here was that Ven. Sudinna had not only acted inconsistently with the content of the teaching, but had also shown callous disregard for the Buddha’s compassionate aims in making the Dhamma known

>'Worthless man, it is unseemly, out of line, unsuitable, and unworthy of a contemplative; improper and not to be done... Haven't I taught the Dhamma in many ways for the sake of dispassion and not for passion; for unfettering and not for fettering; for freedom from clinging and not for clinging? Yet here, while I have taught the Dhamma for dispassion, you set your heart on passion; while I have taught the Dhamma for unfettering, you set your heart on being fettered; while I have taught the Dhamma for freedom from clinging, you set your heart on clinging."
>"Worthless man, haven't I taught the Dhamma in many ways for the fading of passion, the sobering of intoxication, the subduing of thirst, the destruction of attachment, the severing of the round, the ending of craving, dispassion, cessation, unbinding? Haven't I in many ways advocated abandoning sensual pleasures, comprehending sensual perceptions, subduing sensual thirst, destroying sensual thoughts, calming sensual fevers? Worthless man, it would be better that your penis be stuck into the mouth of a poisonous snake than into a woman's vagina. It would be better that your penis be stuck into the mouth of a black viper than into a woman's vagina. It would be better that your penis be stuck into a pit of burning embers, blazing and glowing, than into a woman's vagina. Why is that? For that reason you would undergo death or death-like suffering, but you would not on that account, at the break-up of the body, after death, fall into deprivation, the bad destination, the abyss, hell..."
>"Worthless man, this neither inspires faith in the faithless nor increases the faithful. Rather, it inspires lack of faith in the faithless and wavering in some of the faithful."

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/authors/thanissaro/bmc1.pdf
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.