[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gust Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 96
File: 002.jpg (94 KB, 415x500) Image search: [Google]
002.jpg
94 KB, 415x500
▶ Ar Tonelico for Lazy People Pack - Version 2.0
http://pastebin.com/mSMzUqU4

▶ [FLAC] EXA_PICO Autistic Music Collection
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=772205
Info: http://pastebin.com/Pc88NuEC

▶ [MP3] EXA_PICO Musical Collection
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=734422
info: http://pastebin.com/aPxrK3zh

▶ [WAV] C89 Gust Sampler CD
https://mega
.nz/#!QpkA3Ara!tcgfjwfVRUgxBlzL6kpCjQNTydz8EDXuQies8CQmbWA

▶ [FLAC] Tagged Atelier Sophie Music (OST and Vocal, for Archives see outdated links)
https://mega
.nz/#!z4cXkbBa!5HALIcV5Gv8XrzaJb11f8MN4cngfYbT__O__R9Pdem4

▶ Atelier Sophie CG rip
http://www.mediafire.com/?qb3xip6o81raxpv
pw: /jp/

▶ Outdated links:
http://pastebin.com/X8zzKFNx

▶ Previous thread
>>14566769
>>
Mediafire Folder of Ar tonelico / Atelier goodies:
http://www.mediafire.com/?rddbnsio6dayi

Contents:
- AT1-3 OST, Hymmnos Concerts
- AT1-2 Drama CDs, Hymmnos Musicals
- Utau Oka ~Ar=Ciel Ar=Dor~ (Album)
- AT3 Artbook
- Offline AT2 Flash Cosmospheres
- AT3 Yokkora fan disc
- original /jp/ stuff
>>
File: 1386114537245.jpg (455 KB, 600x941) Image search: [Google]
1386114537245.jpg
455 KB, 600x941
>>14687481
What is this beta for AT2?
>>
>>14688365
Probably the re-translation patch.
>>
>>14688365
>>14688401
Yes it is.

I noticed we severy lack AT visual stuff, like artbooks. And so I decided to find and compile every EXA_PICO visual materials possible.
The task seems easier, than with music collection, though. It will obviously include GUST Christmas and New Year cards, so here's that.

I already got prenty of stuff.

Also yes, reminder that new version of ATFLPP is tomorrow. Cheers.
>>
File: CZvXOsnWkAAcK6_.jpg (45 KB, 480x358) Image search: [Google]
CZvXOsnWkAAcK6_.jpg
45 KB, 480x358
Dat Ayesha costume.
Does anyone know if we'll get it?
>>
File: snipping.png (33 KB, 798x273) Image search: [Google]
snipping.png
33 KB, 798x273
>>14688988
>I noticed we severy lack AT visual stuff, like artbooks.

Oh hi there.
>>
>>14689103
Cool, so the OP was misleading a bit. We need to add the cards there, though.

I'll also search for some more, maybe we are still missing something.
>>
File: 020_016.jpg (795 KB, 2550x3510) Image search: [Google]
020_016.jpg
795 KB, 2550x3510
>>14689121
If memory serves me i got all of those from e-hentai of all places.
Their not the best scans but its better than nothing.
>>
>>14689137
Nah, it's fine. I'll start searching tomorrow and by the evening everything will be uploaded and updated.
>>
Did anyone ever upload cosmocrystal?
>>
Is there a place where I can read up all about Ar Ciel lore?
>>
>>14692334
The wiki.
>>
File: folder.jpg (355 KB, 650x645) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
355 KB, 650x645
>>14687481
I'm the owner of the Mega account for the GUST Sampler CD.

I got off my lazy ass and compressed the files to FLAC (Only 270 MB instead of 400+, and has tagging support) and added the cover.

Please use this link from now on, I will be taking down the WAV ones eventually.

https://mega.nz/#!cllCwCyQ!spdeEKeXotwL6WNMHsIZr6udhNGar17oL6rq0-HJPVI
>>
>>14689137
Got everything I could.
Can you please upload these archives somewhere? I have extremely limited capabilities downloading something from e-hentai right now or from other places.
>>
Ciel nosurge was 2012/4/16, Ar nosurge was 2014/3/16, shouldn't we be getting some news about a new Tsuchiya game soon?

Hard to believe it's been almost 2 years since Ar.
>>
>>14693811
One would hope so, also since Ar Tonelico III was 2010/1/28. But Yoru no nai Kuni may have drained away some of the available resources, along with Atelier Quest Board.

((((And the Chronos Materia web site is still up.)))
>>
File: 1452091650305.jpg (866 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1452091650305.jpg
866 KB, 1920x1200
>>14693631
Uploading them Mega now. Can anyone return me a favour and post some of the wallpapers from the questionnaires like this one?
>>
>>14693631
>>14695622
https://mega.nz/#F!nJIFjApS!7QUVDc2AE9C5ZbJiUKOYNw
>>
Worth playing? Sell me on it, /jp/
>>
Wouldn't it be a good idea to also add links to the most recent translations?
After all, both blackraen and aquagon have done a lot of stuff these last two months, including all the AT1 drama CDs, the first AT3 light novel, and two Ciel nosurge drama CDs.
>>
Dues the AT2 undub/retranslation still translate Cloche as Crotch?
>>
>>14697694
It's funny because it's close to the same sound if you read it wrong.
>>
>>14697694
They always left it as Cloche.

But anyway, Tsuchiya has gone on record saying her name is officially Chroche, and that it's derived from the French word "crochet".
>>
>>14695622
>>14695684
Thank you kindly, got it all. Also seconding on wallpapers, would most lilkely add it to the Visual Collection.

>>14697141
I agree. I also recommend adding that Ciel Nosurge English Playlist and the summary to the OP, they're very important pieces of information. And thank you for mentioning Drama CDs, didn't know they were translated already, will add them to Music Collection.

I'm a little busy right now, so the update on ATFLPP will be sometime later, don't worry.

About the new stuff for Visuals - found Anthology Vol.2, some Dengeki scans (poor quality) and also compiled the cards. Tried to search for Strategy Guides as well, but to no avail for now.
>>
>>14697918
>But anyway, Tsuchiya has gone on record saying her name is officially Chroche, and that it's derived from the French word "crochet".
What?

But Cloche is french for bell

That makes so much more sense
>>
>>14697970
Her name was set ever since the first AT2 promotional materials were released, and the reveal of why Tsuchiya made her name that was published in the Ar Portal about two years after its JP release.

Plus, it also has to do with a little worldplay he made: her name in the Binary Field and some of the Cosmospheres is Reisu, which has the same pronunciation as the word "lace", and the crochet is a type of lace.
>>
https://twitter.com/koeitecmoeurope/status/694093593322086400
>>
>>14698111
get out,/a/
>>
>>14698111
Good god, I want none of that shit.

If KT forces Gust to produce lowest common denominator games I will burn KT into dust.
>>
>>14698111
It's fucking over if they really did get asked to gauge interest in this. Give this shounenshit to some other company to make shovelware games out of. The thought of Gust's developers making some anime collab game instead of a new Atelier or Ar game makes me sick.
>>
It seems to be a bad idea to me, too. KT's musou games can handle pretty much any group of characters, at least, action-oriented characters (I don't see Marimite Musou working). But Gust's main mechanics have been alchemy and mind-diving, and I don't see how you can plug arbitrary sets of characters into these.

Maybe Gust could handle a Haibane Renmei game, or a Sora no Woto game, but the poll seemed to be focusing on other kinds of stuff.
>>
>>14698111
Fuck you KT. Keep your shit to yourself and off of GUST.
>>
>>14698111
Disgusting.
>>
>>14698111
Holy shit, please somebody stop koei tecmo from destroying gust.
Anyway, why would anyone think making a game for a shounen anime would be a good idea for a company making bishoujo VNs/RPGs?
>>
>>14698111

>Facebook

Good thing I don't have an account and can't even view the page. Why not stick this on their own site? God damn.
>>
File: yande.jpg (837 KB, 1098x1552) Image search: [Google]
yande.jpg
837 KB, 1098x1552
>>14698111
How about none of those.
The only thing i wanna see GUST taking on BLAME!. AT's towers might even be a nod to BLAME!.
A colab between Yoshitoshi Abe and GUST for a new IP might also be cool.

Neither of those are ever gona happen though.

>>14698019
I thought it was because Cloche means bell in French.

>>14698560
And fucking this. Seriously fuck off with this forced fagbook shit.
>>
>>14698560
>can't even view the page
Odd. I had no problem viewing the page, I just couldn't place the vote. Not that I think KT would have been able to make anything out of a write-in vote for Haibane Renmei, that I previously suggested.
>>
File: aids.png (123 KB, 1195x523) Image search: [Google]
aids.png
123 KB, 1195x523
>>14698614

This is what I see. Can't see or do shit without logging in.
>>
File: GustPoll.png (18 KB, 900x560) Image search: [Google]
GustPoll.png
18 KB, 900x560
>>14698905
Running Firefox, without a Facebook account, I got this.
>>
>>14698905
>>14698939
Doesnt matter. I opened the page in IE and if you want to submit the form it still asks for your fagbook acount login/pw.
>>
>>14698111
Everybody go home, KT is finally ruining everything.
>>
>>14698939

Also running Firefox. Strange. Also those shounen choices are fucking terrible.
>>
>>14698602
NISA never explained why they changed the names, and Cloche was just maintained by the relocalization project guys because the rationale for it (Cloche meaning bell) seemed good enough. But Tsuchiya's original intent is what I just said.
>>
File: scan-160201-0001.jpg (1 MB, 1599x2739) Image search: [Google]
scan-160201-0001.jpg
1 MB, 1599x2739
>>14699746
Kinda like Cloche better and i cant really fault NISA for using it. Foreign stuff written in Katakana can be a royal pain to interpret.
The Udon AT artbook also uses Cloche btw.

The figure on the other hand uses Croche.

Any word of god about Lucas last name? Is Trulyworth the correct translation?
>>
>>14698111
Please, no. RIP. EXA_PICO.
>>
>>14698111
For the love of god no. All of this sounds terrible. Gust is one of the few developers left that I like so please tell me they won't actually do this. All I want is more Atelier and cute girls being cute and gay together. Nobody fucking wants them to do shounen anime collaboration shit.
>>
>>14699796
The Udon artbook just uses the same names NISA used (like Jacqli, *vomits*).

As for Luca, they have confirmed it's Truelywaath, but in the relocalization they slightly modified it to " Trulywaath" to make it less Engrishy. According to Tsuchiya, her last name is a double-pun that means " true rebirth" (waath in Hymmnos) and "true worth" (worth in English), since waath and worth have the same pronunciation in katakana.
>>
>>14699816
Gotta say NISA made the right call with Trulyworth since the waath double pun is lost anyway without Katakana. And Trulyworth can kinda sound like True Rebirth.
Changing it to trulywaath in the retranslation is dumb as well since it kinda ruins the pun that is based on her name with the trulyworthit soup.
>>
>>14699872
They made the wrong call there, because waath can also be read as "worth" even if it's not in katakana form, and preserving the Hymmnos is more important than the English there. And the soup's original name was Trulywaath Soup to begin with, so that's no more than another lame joke of the ones NISA makes.
>>
>>14699930
>because waath can also be read as "worth" even if it's not in katakana form

If you read it like a Japanese person would than yeah. But a native speaker pronounces worth and waath noticeably different. Besides worth carries meaning while waath written in roman script means nothing unless you know hymnoss and not everyone is autistic enough to learn a fictional language.

As shitty as the AT2 translation was. They made the right call on this one IMO.
>>
>>14700040
>>14700040
Not really: regardless of interest for learning Hymmnos, the setting is a fantasy world where Japanese and English have been stated explicitly to not exist, not the US, the UK or Australia, and mangling one of that world's languages just to supposedly simplify things for an audience who most likely has no interest in learning further about it or to research on the symbolism behind the name isn't doing anything right. Plus, they already said they changed the name while being ignorant to its meaning.

And waath has the same pronunciation as worth if you bother to check the Hymmnoserver.
>>
>>14700040
Besides, which one carries the strongest meaning: the one with the worth of being the true maiden (ignoring the fact there's actually two of them), or the one who will truly revive the green land? Because that's the other difference; the NISA name only gives the former, while the original name gives them both.
>>
>>14698111
>those choice
Fuck this shit. KT is running GUST into the ground.
>>
>>14699746
I don't think it makes sense for Cloche to be named after "bell" though.

I'm guessing you guys thought "Bell, Grand Bell, Cloche, hey that makes sense!" but that's way to shallow for Tsuchiya. The implication would be that Cloche was born for the sole purpose of being used as a figurehead by Alfman.

On the other hand, crochet means a hook used for weaving together delicate thread to make delicate lace, and that is exactly what Cloche represents as the Maiden of Mio, the Queen of the Infel Phira Reyvateils, and the leader of Metafalss. She unites the voices of the people to bring about Metafalica.
>>
>>14700601
>The implication would be that Cloche was born for the sole purpose of being used as a figurehead by Alfman.
Wasn't it Alfman that gave her that name in the first place? It makes even more sense that way.
>>
>>14700666
Nope. It was her mother Arshe, and it would do good to you that the Cloche we know isn't even the true one, as it's actually Luca. Cloche's true name is Reika.
>>
>>14700666
That was my thinking.

Cloche isn't her real name so why should it have meaning beyond what was assigned to it by in-universe entities?
>>
>>14700666
But French doesn't exist in Ar Tonelico. The reason Alfman chose that man was probably because it's a suitable name for the Maiden, but the reason Tsuchiya chose that name, well, Tsuchiya already made it clear he meant "crochet".
>>
>>14700737
>>14700732
Yet Alfman wasn't who gave her that name in-universe.
>>
>>14700782
Did he not?
Cloche's true name is Leyka, and she was given the name Cloche after being kidnapped by the Neo Grand Bell. I can only assume Alfman or someone else in the Grand Bell chose that name for her.
>>
>>14700966
They didn't, here's how the whole thing played out:

1) Luca was born, and her mother Arshe gave her the name Chroche Latel Pastalie. This name was recorded in the official registers of the Grand Bell.
2) Alfman did her coup d'etat, killing Arshe, her husband and the Pope, but Reisha and Batz took Chroche away following Arshe's orders and adopted her as their daughter. She was renamed Luca to keep her identity hidden.
3) Reika was born to Reisha and Batz, and raised as the family's second daughter.
4) Reika suffered her IPD outbreak and was taken away by the Grand Bell.
5) After a few years of cruel experiments Loude saw Reika's potential as an IPD Queen candidate and thus took her out of the labs to give her the Maiden position. She was renamed Chroche, using the name that was recorded for the last Maiden descendant at the time (Luca) who Alfman's Grand Bell was still searching for.

So while Alfman and Loude actually did give Reika the Chroche name, the name already existed from before as what Arshe had named her only daughter (Luca in other words), so these two were only using the name of Arshe's daughter to make the people believe they had the actual descendant of the Maiden lineage in their hands and that they were the heroes who had found the missing Maiden.
>>
A theory I like, that has no support from anybody else, is that the family name was originally Truelywaath, but that, with spotty literacy in Hymmnos, it had mutated into Trulyworth.
Like Tagliaferro into Tolliver.
>>
>>14701418
Reisha was the Maiden's attendant and her lullaby has phrases in Hymmnos, so that already discards any possibility of that happening.
>>
>>14701717
Nonsense.
Consider the centuries of time the Truelywaath family has existed.
>>
>>14698111
Meme posts aside, I wouldn't mind seeing Gust branch out as long as they still make more EXA_PICO, Atelier, and Arnice thighs.

They would do a good job on these types of anime games. Much better than most of the shovelware shit that comes out these days.
>>
>>14702177
And consider the fact they must have had Reyvateil members at several points, so it makes even less sense for their surname to get mutated like that. I see that as no more than a poor attempt to justify a "localization" mistake of the many that NISA committed with AT2.
>>
>>14698111
None of these anime are a good fit for Gust, and they'd be better focusing on their own IPs than on making games out of others', especially with them being a small studio as-is.
>>
File: yEeKfsv.jpg (311 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
yEeKfsv.jpg
311 KB, 1920x1080
>>14702228
they would have to do something comfy, like Gochiusa Atelier coffee/cafe managing sim. hidari already did some art for it.

but that obviously won't sell as much as a Gust sword art online rpg... or would it?
>>
>>14702271
I'd buy a GochUsa game.
>>
File: NightsofAzure_Amazon02.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
NightsofAzure_Amazon02.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>14698111
Announce on Twitter that you have a poll on Facebook. Was it too difficult to put it up on your own website, KT?

There's nothing horrible in doing a cross-promotion normally, but this thing coming after Tsuchiya's "fighting with his life on the line in 2016" recent remark makes me somewhat uneasy.
I have no confidence in him running a new company on his own if he and KT part ways.

I have no opinion on One-Punch Man, but I don't see anything substantial from other series that would benefit "Future GUST Title" (unless they meant "Future KT Title" by that). Let alone some big (in the West) franchise like SAO benefitting from GUST contribution.
If anything, GUST & Compile Heart/Idea Factory collaboration sounds more fitting. It's not like any of them are against the idea either (pic related).
For instance, upcoming (in English) Fairy Fencer F: ADF could use some (more) relationships and/with cute alchemists, and having some stuck-up bitch like Tiara evolve into a proper human being during the course of the game fits Ar* style perfectly and Atelier to some extent.
Hell, even someone from Neptunia series could work if the future title is IT-themed.

For the reference:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Japanese_role-playing_game_franchises
>>
>>14698111
Atelier Musou incoming
>>
>>14702389
You're in luck
http://5pb.jp/games/gochiusa/
>>
New Shallie Plus trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KhgEB5LMr8
>>
>>14702758
I want yuri between the Shallies.
>>
>>14702786
>yuri

Burn in hell, son of man.
>>
>>14702792
No I'm good.
>>
File: CaD7pEOUcAAqz_x.png (232 KB, 600x848) Image search: [Google]
CaD7pEOUcAAqz_x.png
232 KB, 600x848
>>
File: CaDpqq-UMAEWeLm.jpg (35 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CaDpqq-UMAEWeLm.jpg
35 KB, 600x600
>>
File: CaDz4H1UcAA2Hr4.png (212 KB, 529x820) Image search: [Google]
CaDz4H1UcAA2Hr4.png
212 KB, 529x820
>>
File: CZ_Cm8ZUAAApJKf.png (220 KB, 501x679) Image search: [Google]
CZ_Cm8ZUAAApJKf.png
220 KB, 501x679
>>
>>14703103
>Gun that will never get used
This bugs me.
>>
Does anyone know which Vita firmware version exactly Ciel Offline (PSN ver.) requires?
Alternatively, link to its PSN .pkg file (NOT the DLC or anything, the game itself!) will do.

I'm suddenly interested in buying it and closely looking at its files now that both physical and digital Vita games can be dumped in unencrypted form.
If KT isn't going to translate it and/or port it to PC, someone else will have to.
>>
>>14703462
P.S. The thing is, your Vita must be able to actually *run* the game you're decrypting, so just installing it and then figuring out that it refuses to run because it requires a newer firmware than you have renders the whole affair useless.
To top it off, Ciel Offline was released on PSN the same day as Vita firmware 3.30, which closed pretty important Vita exploits.
>>
Kind reminder that about who was at fault for Delta opening the Felion barrier, it wasn't Player 2. It actually was no other one but ourselves, as that's how the Class-Arnosurge-Proto interactive novel ends, and in other words, Ar nosurge proper is also us cleaning up the mess we made with that.
(Thanks to Zill and Nero programming Delta's Interdimend so our only true ending for that novel was making Delta let the Sharls spread chaos throughout the city).
>>
Anyone have AT 1 complete CG set? Can't find it anywhere in good quality.
>>
>>14704780
Best bet would be to do a game rip honestly.
>>
>>14705437
Yeah, thought so too. But I need to complete Misha's route first, it's a huge fucking pain in the ass.

Oh well, I guess I will dump an actual complete 100% save for AT 1 this time with this.
>>
>>14705476
Not really, as Misha's routes has no CGs you couldn't have gotten already in Aurica's route. All CGs in AT1 are limited to the Cosmospheres and Binary Field (and well, the special pictures gotten from having two certain Secret Cards in your inventory) and there are no limits to which ones you can access in it.
>>
>>14705476
I'd recommend trying to find a program that can rip the graphics from the game rather than manually capturing them. Then you can be assured that you're going from source quality to whichever format you choose.
>>
File: 57.jpg (141 KB, 900x1050) Image search: [Google]
57.jpg
141 KB, 900x1050
>>14705529
As far as I remember, she only has a picture hanging on a crystal after PAJA event, just like Aurica in her route. I guess, it's fine then.

>>14705540
This will be better option, I suppose.

By the way, the Visual Collection ACTUALLY is going to be complete. I really managed to find everything this time, well, except Strategy Guides. But they are not that needed anyway.
>>
>>14705556
Ah yeah, I had forgotten about the crystal CG, but it's not for her route: it's just for picking her to sing the Purger. Remember who you choose to sing that song has no impact on route choice.
>>
File: 69.jpg (244 KB, 750x1700) Image search: [Google]
69.jpg
244 KB, 750x1700
>>14705574
Indeed. Well then, back to compiling.
>>
By the way, did you all know that all the Flash Cosmospheres have been translated and uploaded into the 'net? Similarly, the interquel text novel between Ciel nosurge and Ar nosurge has also got a translation.
>>
>>14703139

It'd probably be an alchemic plant-watering gun desu.
>>
>>14706993

.... and when'd we get a word filter?
>>
>>14706959
Great news. I hope it will be sharedhere, of course.

I completed the Visual Collection. Took me 3 days of practically non-stop searching, editing and sorting, but I finally did it. I also compiled the cards folder.

Will create a torrent together with pastebin info + the update of ATFLPP sometime today or early tomorrow. Look forward to it!
>>
>>14707110
Here they are, translated by aquagon and hosted by blackraen: http://ar-ciel.unit03.net/

By the way, did you know there are also links to download the raws for the AT3 novels, and that the AT1 novel is also available in a torrent? I also tried looking for the AT2 one, but the links for it were all dead.
>>
>>14707110
Nicely done.
Did you find a way to rip the CG or end up manually capturing it? I've know of a few tools people tend to use for CG rips but don't have any personal experience with them. So offering help is a bit limited.

If an AT collection took three days, I'm scared to think of how long an Atelier collection would take.
>>
>>14707169
Excellent. I will probably combine these with Mediafire folder goodies in one single archive for convenience.

>>14707194
Manually captured it, wasn't actually that hard, as I thought. One image, unfortunately, still has some artifacts. Why it is so, I will explain during the dump. It will be humongous, judging by all these activities.
>>
>>14707169
Only looked at 2nd Anniversary Cosmosphere.
Why is the end of pretty much all sentences cut off?
What doesn't the girl wear in the respective question?
Also, the whole explanation of personality just disappears. I mean, sure, I played the games, but if I can't even read about singing waifus, why am I even playing it in the first place?
>>
>>14707266
As aquagon explained on ARM when he posted them, Chrome has problems rendering the texts due to using a grossly oversized font. If you want to avoid trouble with it, you need to play them either in Firefox or in IE. Similarly, the 5th Anniversary Cosmosphere suffers from portrait glitches that were present even in its original JP version that couldn't be fixed.
>>
>>14707305
I use Firefox with NPAPI (meaning Chrome) Flash on it in Linux, because the other one isn't updated at all.
Just tried changing the flash to official PPAPI version (11.x). It didn't help. The font did change, but it's still huge.
>>
>>14707305
If it's through Linux, unfortunately, there's no information, as the Flash Cosmospheres were developed to run under a Windows environment both in their original versions and in the translations. The only advice I can give in this case would be try to run them under a Windows virtual machine, unless you want to use the more tedious method of selecting the textboxes where the text overflows, copying and pasting them to a text editor.
>>
>>14707455
Does Wine work?
>>
>>14707471
Not sure about it, but I don't see why it wouldn't.
>>
>>14702392
>I have no confidence in him running a new company on his own if he and KT part ways.
Somebody should tell him to hire Durante and save the PC gaming with JRPGs.

http://www.pcgamer.com/broken-pc-ports-like-tales-of-symphonia-are-unacceptable/

Despite the title of the article, it's actually related to KT and even Atelier in particular.
>>
How fast if i want to do a rerun of new game + on ecsha plus?
>>
How fast can i do if i want to do a rerun of new game + on ecsha plus?
>>
Has there been literally any news at all about Sophie localization, because I can't find any.
>>
>>14709537
Nothing yet.
>>
>>14707229
Scratch that. I and my friend remade the entire CG folder from zero because of this image. It's now complete, excellent quality in full HD.

Reuploading Beta translations now, don't bother with pastebin, I took down all links for the time being. Once it's done, everything will be released immediately.
>>
File: 2016-01-19-104225.png (274 KB, 435x511) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-19-104225.png
274 KB, 435x511
Remember to take it easy /gust/
>>
>>14709249
Depends on how much you plan to do, and if you read or just mash through, etc.
>>14709537
I think Koei Tecmo America mentioned that they'd like to localize it on twitter before, but nothing beyond that. I'm guessing they'll wait a bit until Shallie Plus news dies down.

I'm worried they'll choose PS4 and Vita only as well.
>>
File: 54801640_p0.png (352 KB, 777x700) Image search: [Google]
54801640_p0.png
352 KB, 777x700
>>14709537
I'm hoping we'll get it in the summer. It definitely will get brought over though.
>>
File: 1425937262817.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
1425937262817.webm
2 MB, 854x480
>>
>>14711489
I have the disconnect as my login screen on my laptop
>>
>>14711684
Well I mean I have a close approximation

I have no idea what font they were using. Believe me, I've looked
>>
>>14710583
Sophie keeps reminding me of Pandora and vice versa
>>
File: 54930518_p0.png (494 KB, 777x777) Image search: [Google]
54930518_p0.png
494 KB, 777x777
>>14711755
I also like Pandora.
>>
>>14708418
Finally someone calling out KT on their shitty port.
>>
File: 55089246_p0.png (494 KB, 777x777) Image search: [Google]
55089246_p0.png
494 KB, 777x777
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FY6xKmK8bo&list=PLF8INoMvfPVwUJrv9ldH60pa30mD21hRc&index=9

As usual the soundtrack is really good.
>>
Gust really bold to put this laggy performance into their PV.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=140&v=VvaCIgzBeZc
>>
Nyaa is up. Sorry for the delay, my Internet fucks up all the time here. Anyway...

This release contains the following content.

For Ar Tonelico 1:

- Ar Tonelico Anthology Vol.1
- Ar Tonelico Anthology Vol.2 (manga series based upon the first game, Melody of Elemia)
- Artbook
- CG Set for the first game (one image was corrupted, the entire set was remade from scratch)
- Character Portraits and Concept Artwork
- Official Visual Book
- Setting Materials

For Ar Tonelico 2:

- Artbook
- CG Set for the second game
- Official Art Collection
- Official Visual Book
- Setting Materials

For Ar Tonelico 3:

- CG Set for the third game
- Exec Flip Official Book

For Surge Concerto Series:

- Artbook and CG Set for Ar Nosurge
- Surge Concerto꞉꞉ntny's Art Works THE FINDER (official artbook from NTNY and Gust collaboration for Surge Concerto series)

Various Stuff:

- Ari Tonelico (fan hentai game based on the series - contains ONLY NON-HENTAI CG SET, if you want hentai set, download it here - https://mega.nz/#!NZQkRQSC!wi56LWcFoujdfhlo2Hqm1XPM8Srl_ah6Ym_NX99EEzs)
- Bonus Pictures (wallpapers, etc.)
- Cross Edge Characters and Costumes (crossover fighting game, the folder contains pictures and profiles specifically for EXA_PICO characters)
- GUST Questionnaires Wallpapers
- Install Points Pack
- Miscellaneous Vectors (both folders were taken from the old Mediafire /jp/ folder)
- Visual Book - Garden of the Goddessess (by nagi)

NOTE that this collection is basically complete. IF YOU FIND NEW STUFF, like Concept Artwork, Gust Questionnaires Wallpapers, etc. PLEASE SHARE IT IN THE THREAD.

Thanks a lot to anon, who uploaded his stuff on Mega, great job, man.

Cont. in next post.
>>
>>14716942

NOTE THAT IF you have any new cards, NOT present in these folders, PLEASE SHARE them in this thread.

GUST New Year and Christmas Cards.

Christmas:

https://mega.nz/#!UYxWyazb!0hVf4mRTDKgcnTFTcizNcHplYJUsh7HpwJG2_u4_fXc

New Year:

https://mega.nz/#!YJZXjKzL!7WXg6Radd42-KMR7H41-EaFMF1CMops-ObBKN1m_sTU

I took old Mediafire folder and remodeled it. The Artbook section, Music Section and Install Points+Vectors section were deleted for being obsolete. Everything else remained. Use this link from now on:

https://mega.nz/#F!9YhnxTDD!Mjt9m1Curpa42b-AxWXvlg

BETA Translations (Update 3) and ATFLPP were reuploaded and updated to the latest versions.
Enjoy.
>>
>>14716964

A fundamental reminder, the COSMOCRYSTAL Album is the only thing preventing me from working on the latest version of Music Collection.
Since I'm not able to order or buy from the location where I live, I humbly request an assistance in this matter, much appreciated.
>>
File: Scan0093.jpg (640 KB, 2412x3500) Image search: [Google]
Scan0093.jpg
640 KB, 2412x3500
>>14716942
>>14716964
>>14716973
You're a God among men.

Please, have a loli Cocona.
>>
>>14707169
Going through the original batch of Flash Cosmospheres right now, and wow, they are surprisingly good. I thought they would be a bunch of banal fanservice at first.
I dare say, they're actually harder than Cosmospheres in the game. It's actually surprisingly easy to pick the wrong option in them if you didn't pay enough attention.
>>
>lost 2 hours because of the Sharing Core glitch on AT1
I am glad that I had another save but fuck
>>
>>14716933

Holy shit. That looks like it's running at 5 FPS, who the fuck gave this the go ahead? It looks atrocious.
>>
>>14717674
They don't give a fuck anymore, they are only doing this because they have to so it will be terribly optimized.
Night of Azure was also terribly optimised on PS3 so the PS4/Vita versions were the ones everyone bought.
>>
File: wip.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
wip.png
2 MB, 1280x720
>>14717682
>>14717674

>※画面は開発中のものです。

Also, if you step all in-game footage frame-by-frame, you'll *never* see two adjacent different frames (meaning that it's 15 FPS at best because the frame rate of the video is 29.97 FPS. The worst case of 3 dupes in a row gives us 7.5-15 FPS interval overall) even in the segments with scrolling parts of UI which should be moving at the full speed. Since the full speed can't possibly be 15 FPS (I refuse to believe that), the only logical explanation is the human error while capturing or converting the video.
Developer Vita units have HDMI out, so there's no need to record the video on the device itself.
>>
>play atelier rorona with japanese voice
>dad walks in and watches for a while
>keep playing
>gives me this disappointed smile and leaves

Are Ar Tonelico Qoga or Ar Nosurge worth playing?
>>
>>14717966
Are you winning son?
>>
File: qoga_shrimp.jpg (53 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
qoga_shrimp.jpg
53 KB, 800x500
>>14717966
We're proud of you for providing a place for your father to live. But you should keep him out when playing Qoga. I'm not sure the panic button works during combat.
>>
File: Loading.webm (251 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Loading.webm
251 KB, 500x500
Sorry for the slow and unstable seeding, this is as far as I can go for now.

Now that Visual Collection is complete and Music Collection is on-hold because of Cosmocrystal, I will dedicate myself to Atelier Visual Collection. After it's done, it's Atelier Music Collection (in MP3).
Finally, after that - the ultimate Gust Sound Collection, which actually was my intention all alone.
>>
File: suffering.png (17 KB, 1248x320) Image search: [Google]
suffering.png
17 KB, 1248x320
>>14718043
>3y 45w

Can you provide a DDL mirror next time? I'll seed in your stead. Also, 4MB torrent piece size is a bad idea at 100kB/s upload speed, try 512K-1M. Nyaa being dead doesn't help either.
>>
>>14718087
This is only a temporary problem, since after the weekend my upload will be 1mB/s. I will leave the torrent for the entire night, so you should be able to connect to other seeds.

Also, DDL link would be uploaded only after 3 or more days, judging by the speed. So considering I'll have more stable connection soon, this will be unnecessary.
>>
File: c.jpg (162 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
c.jpg
162 KB, 960x544
Nero and Casty are so cute.
>>
Interview of Keisuke Kikuchi for Nights of Azure: http://www.digitallydownloaded.net/2016/01/on-working-with-gust-for-nights-of.html
>>
Here are some cards missing from the collection:
http://social.gust.co.jp/pc/event/a16v/img/card/stilla0101_ny2240.jpg
http://social.gust.co.jp/pc/event/a16v/img/card/a1701_ny2753.jpg
http://social.gust.co.jp/pc/event/a16v/img/card/a0301_ny3065.jpg
http://social.gust.co.jp/pc/event/a16v/img/card/ani01_ny7079.jpg
http://social.gust.co.jp/pc/event/a16v/img/card/a16v06_ny9465.jpg
>>
>>14720111
Thanks a lot! Will update today as fast as I can.
>>
>>14716964
>>14720111
>>14720125

Apparently, there was one repeating card. Damn, strange I haven't noticed this until now. Oh well.

Updated the folder. Use this link for New Year Cards from now on:

https://mega.nz/#!ANpWTbgL!Iue78ceJBYUd-rjfuVNCP5Dhf3l8ETXtSB_ebb5mAzg

Keep up the good work, people.
>>
>>14718043
Oh holy shit I totally forgot I even did that

I gotta dig through my harddrives
>>
Did you keep the filenames? You can do a unique filter against this http://pastebin.com/vkCafrhn
>>
>>14717938
How did they fuck up? Escha and Lodgy+ runs relatively smooth when compared to Ayesha+ but that looks as bad as Ayesha+ again.

>>14717682
Yoru no nai Kuni's Vita version looks like absolute shit though. Sure it runs ok but it looks like a fucking PS1 game.
>>
>>14718043
>Atelier Visual Collection
Nice. What series are you planning to cover?
>>
>>14721633
ATMC Anon surely must include Lise, Annie, and Lina. And Hermina & Culus.
But I suppose Kuroi Hitomi no Noir: Cielgris Fantasm, or whatever its name is, is out.
>>
>>14721426
>How did they fuck up?
Halving the frame rate, you mean? They could mistake 30(FPS)p(rogressive) stream from Vita for 60i(nterlaced) stream they receive from PS4 and routinely deinterlace it, for example.

Gameplay parts in that video look like the game has a 15 FPS lock which is too insane even for Japanese programming practices. It can (and likely will) be bad, but it can't be *that* bad.
>>
File: 1454809027616.jpg (86 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1454809027616.jpg
86 KB, 600x800
>>
>>14716942
Could you add CG character face sprites to the visual collection? I think that's very important. At the least Toukousphere avatars should be added.
>>
>>14723681
Nice.
>>
File: 55115357_p0.png (197 KB, 777x777) Image search: [Google]
55115357_p0.png
197 KB, 777x777
>>14723712
We also need Sophie to go along with her.
>>
They added a new dungeon and a 4th difficulty in Sophie's latest patch, 'Despair'

I picked it back up and tried fighting the boss of the new dungeon on it, had to force quit the game because it was a stalemate. Boss healed himself faster than I could deal damage, but boss also couldn't kill me because all my characters have auto-revive and he can only kill 2 per turn, and you can't run from the battle. I couldn't win or lose.
>>
>>14725221
Turns out that wasn't even the boss, there's a harder one deeper in the dungeon. Back to grinding for 999 quality weapons/armor, I guess.
>>
>>14725221
What's the level cap, cause a level 38 boss that strong is worrying. Nice to see though that Gust is still keeping the bosses/minibosses ridiculous.
>>
>>14725257
Level cap is 20, after that a growth system-like thing gets put in its place. You hit Lv.20 and then XP goes towards obtaining 'Ability' points that you can use to upgrade skills or just grab straight up stat boosts.

I think for beating this dungeon's bosses on Despair mode it's going to be all about making 999 quality gear with the best attributes, though...

I like the free Little Noah tie-in costume. Hopefully costumes like this are all Gust means by 'collaboration' in the future...
>>
>>14700732
Would it be too meta if the character talked about their namesakes? Or would the symbolism be too obvious then?

"Hey, isn't it funny that my name means something in French and it fits my identity perfectly?"

"What's French?"
>>
>>14725267
20? That's an interesting change. How long did it take to reach that?
>>
>>14725276
They adjusted it so it takes about a lot longer than usual to reach 20, probably 2/3 of the game.
>>
>>14721043
Most cards were saved from this thread, so no, filenames weren't kept, sorry.

>>14721633
>>14721720
I'm not *planning* to cover something, if I do a collection it MUST be as complete as possible, so basically, EVERYTHING should be covered. I will try my best.

>>14723710
Yes, of course. I will also expand some folders in Characters and Artwork section.

Once again, I humbly request an assistance in getting Cosmocrystal album.
As soon as I get it, the FINAL version of Music Collection will be underway. I got a good chunk of new materials already.
>>
File: ae-hagel.jpg (100 KB, 1000x580) Image search: [Google]
ae-hagel.jpg
100 KB, 1000x580
>>14725387
I was just exploring the bound of EVERYTHING. Gust has made some games that were neither Exa Pico nor Atelier. There is one Atelier game that isn't Gust. There are misguided people who think the Mana Khemia games aren't Atelier games, just because they lack the word in their titles.
>>
>>14725738
>There are misguided people who think the Mana Khemia games aren't Atelier games, just because they lack the word in their titles.
Seriously? I thought everyone knew because they were announced as "Atelier project X"
I think the first MK was Atelier Project 9 but I'm not sure.
>>
>>14725752
These are people who don't follow announcements, and don't read credits.
I've seen them on /v/.
>>
>>14725770
>/v/
Well, that explain that.
>>
File: new-vision-toys.jpg (649 KB, 800x1620) Image search: [Google]
new-vision-toys.jpg
649 KB, 800x1620
>>14723681
Still no nosurge?
>>
>>14725804
That's a lot of figures.
>>
Might be a little unrelated but can anyone recomend some music similar to AT one?
>>
>>14726802
You could try listening to everything by Shikata, Shimotsuki, and Mitose. These last two are not too AT outside AT, but I'm just mentioning them.
Also Bulgarian Choir.
And doujin circles ALSTROeMERIA and some albums by WAVE with Lily.
>>
>>14726929
Some albums from them do fit the AT mold somewhat though, like the Laq-Quara and Tindharia ones from Shimotsuki, and the Lucce e Iombra album Mitose made in collaboration with Fairial/WAVE. Mitose also has her collaboration with Yoshitaka Hirota (yorlga) to her name.
>>
>>14726929
Got everything on hardrive except ALSTROeMERIA which is paint in ass to find because alstroemeria records is way more popular.
I'd say Shimotsuki is bretty ATish even in her original albums, but Mitose's original abums are absolute garbage.
>>
>>14725804
The maker says they wanna take on the lesser known IP's.

Seriously though, why Totori and Rorona instead of Ion and Casty? The former already have figures.
>>
>>14726802
The composer that does KanColle music made quite a bit of Ar-like music in the past. Wanted to kow what she did outside of FFTA and pretty much everything I listened to, that wasn't OST, sounded like a hymn. I think her name is Kaori Ookoshi.
>>
>>14726983
>Mitose's original abums are absolute garbage.
Wow. Such shit taste.
>>
>>14725804
Do people hate the Shallies or something? Exited about Totori and Plachta though. Don't care about the rest.
>>
>>14726983
>Mitose's original abums are absolute garbage.
Shit kingdom called. They want your taste back.
>>
>>14726802 here
I've been looking for AT-like music past 2 days and found a plenty of stuff but It's pain in ass to find download links.
Excluding directly related to AT stuff and fan artists I found:
ALSTROeMERIA 3 out of 4 albums
kaoling (Kaori Ookoshi) 3 out of 4 albums and 1 out of ? singles
Hagall - for summon wall of ArtinaToss
Clinochlore (Kazuki Yanagawa's side project) 1 out of 2 albums
WAVE Full discography (though only last 10 albums somehow relevant)
MISHAORU 3 out of 3 albums and 0 out 3 singles.
Ceui full discography (as relevant as AT performer's original albums)
Cecile Corbel full discography (same as above)
Yoko Ueno full discography (same as above)
What I couldn't find:
Clinochlore - Le petit bois
kaoling (ALSTROeMERIA) - FREYJA.sys
kaoling - 12colors ~Shiawase no Iro~
Everything by "Ether". There is discography on nya up to 2010 but it's ded.
Everuthing by "encounter+". Same as above.
>>14727336
>>14729665
Deal with it. I'm not saying she's a bad singer, but 80% of her original songs are beyond generic.
>>
File: Sphere.jpg (94 KB, 679x960) Image search: [Google]
Sphere.jpg
94 KB, 679x960
>>
>>14735133
That one is from the PSP versions of Judy and Violet, it appears. Her stats listed on Gust's web pages give a body mass index of about 11, though. Is she inhuman, or just malnourished? (maybe they include the staff in her height)
>>
What are the 11 PSP games you get from the download code in the retail copy of Ciel nosurge Offline? some sort side story? I cant enough moon to read them yet.
>>
>>14736812
http://renascene.com/?target=search1&srch=nosurge&srchname=1&srchser=1&srchfold=1&srchfname=1&srchcrc=1
>>
>>14736812
>>14736946
Speaking of which, I should really get around to complete their CG rip. What's available so far is here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8sxwo9mbba3a0
pw: /jp/

The first volume is that large/HQ in comparison to the rest in the original release; all subsequent volumes are indeed that small - rest assured, there's no mistake in conversion.
>>
>>14725738
Obviously. Since I also have Ari Tonelico too in the Collection, even fan games will be covered.

>>14736982
Hey, anon, this is fucking amazing. If you complete it, will you inform about this in the thread? I will add this stuff to the Collection.
>>
File: Lapis.jpg (46 KB, 501x960) Image search: [Google]
Lapis.jpg
46 KB, 501x960
>>14725738
>There is one Atelier game that isn't Gust
Nora And The Time Studio?

pic unrelated.
>>
>>14736812
>download code in the retail copy of Ciel nosurge Offline
There is something like that? What does it look like?
>>
>>14725804
Never thought I would see an Arnice figure ever. Her character design is perfect for it.
>>
>>14736812
Playview volumes explaining stuff about the game's setting, characters and songs, and also giving a chapter-per-chapter summary.
>>
>>14736946
Seems like these still can't be run with PPSSPP. Any way to see them?
>>
>>14737926
>PPSSPP
They're for the vita.
>>
>>14737222
I was thinking of Atelier Elkrone, as per my image.
>>
I was just listening to my music, got to the track
>GATE::49.212.40.208

Typed IP address into browser. I guess I should have expected that.
>>
File: a.jpg (39 KB, 972x590) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
39 KB, 972x590
>>14737993
Well, uh, PPSSPP does run them, it just doesn't display the main image data, so I don't know, I thought it would be possible.
>>
File: first02_vd8226.jpg (329 KB, 1184x800) Image search: [Google]
first02_vd8226.jpg
329 KB, 1184x800
social.gust.co.jp/pc/event/a16v/mcard
>>
File: yoru03_vd1917.jpg (297 KB, 800x1184) Image search: [Google]
yoru03_vd1917.jpg
297 KB, 800x1184
>>
File: stillyoru02_vd9109.jpg (292 KB, 1184x800) Image search: [Google]
stillyoru02_vd9109.jpg
292 KB, 1184x800
>>
File: a0101_vd6352.jpg (365 KB, 800x1184) Image search: [Google]
a0101_vd6352.jpg
365 KB, 800x1184
>>
File: stilla1702_vd1096.jpg (317 KB, 1184x800) Image search: [Google]
stilla1702_vd1096.jpg
317 KB, 1184x800
I see Gust started to give away Valentine cards, excellent.
Here's my contribution.

Also found Dengeki scans for AT3 and some for Ar Nosurge. Already added Toukousphere avatars, some new Artwork, expanded a little bit Bonus section... pretty soon, I will update the torrent.

Oh, and obviously, as soon as the give away will be finished, the folder for Valentine cards will be uploaded.
>>
>>14738497
>iphone only
Not that I would understand anything but still...
>>
File: a0501_vd4058.jpg (363 KB, 800x1184) Image search: [Google]
a0501_vd4058.jpg
363 KB, 800x1184
It's a little sad that there is no AT at all.
>>
File: a1102_vd1749.jpg (239 KB, 800x1184) Image search: [Google]
a1102_vd1749.jpg
239 KB, 800x1184
>>
http://social.gust.co.jp/pc/event/a16v/img/card/a1401_vd9094.jpg
http://social.gust.co.jp/pc/event/a16v/img/card/a1001_vd9165.jpg
http://social.gust.co.jp/pc/event/a16v/img/card/a0301_vd5981.jpg
>>
>>14741622
Is AT really so unpopular compared to Atelier and even Ciel and Ar? Or is it because it's ended, and the other series had recent releases?
>>
>>14741622
>>14742764
makes sense in a brand awareness type manner.

EXA_PICO is still a thing they care about, but the AT part is done.
>>
>>14742764
>Or is it because it's ended, and the other series had recent releases?
Hint: Atelier games much older than AT are getting cards too.
>>
>>14703462
Unfortunately there is no info on it. Similarly, no one has mined the link to the PSN pkg for it, as the only link available for it is the one for the Collapse Chronicles voice files pack.
>>
File: a0701_vd7701.jpg (321 KB, 800x1184) Image search: [Google]
a0701_vd7701.jpg
321 KB, 800x1184
I preserved unique filenames this time.
>>
http://hymmmetrics.jimdo.com/%E3%82%A2%E3%83%AB%E3%83%88%E3%83%8D%E3%83%AA%E3%82%B3trpg/

For those of you who can read moon, some guy went and made an Ar Tonelico tabletop RPG.

It looks like he put a lot of work into it, though I haven't fully read through it.
>>
File: 55214002_p0.png (394 KB, 777x777) Image search: [Google]
55214002_p0.png
394 KB, 777x777
>>
File: arno04_vd2053.jpg (303 KB, 800x1184) Image search: [Google]
arno04_vd2053.jpg
303 KB, 800x1184
>>
>>14745107
I wonder how he implemented Song Magic...
Remembering this thread on /tg/ about Song Magic implementation in d20 now. Had some pretty good discussion and interesting details about AT mechanics.
>>
File: ar_tonelico_iii_wall_3.jpg (748 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
ar_tonelico_iii_wall_3.jpg
748 KB, 1280x1024
How much will i be missing if i played Ar tonelico Qoga without playing AT1? It's been years since i have finished AT2 and i barely remember the story. How much will i be missing if i played this game as a standalone title?
>>
>>14746989
There is very little overlap between AT1 and AT3. Some references here and there, but nothing you'd miss if you didn't know it was there. The overlap with AT2 is bigger, though.
>>
I'm looking for a translated jrpg to play on my PC but for some reason there doesn't seem to be a jrpg general anywhere.

Are the PS2 Atelier games any good?
>>
http://social.gust.co.jp/pc/event/a16v/img/card/lucky04_vd3022.jpg
http://social.gust.co.jp/pc/event/a16v/img/card/3day03_vd1943.jpg
http://social.gust.co.jp/pc/event/a16v/img/card/a1101_vd5846.jpg
>>
>>14746989
A lot, since AT3 not only doubles as the finale of the trilogy's overarching storyline, but also closes off some plot threads that started since AT1, plus you'd be missing out on its songs, and some intricacies of its setting.

At this point you'd be better served playing the trilogy from the beginning and going through AT2 again using the fan relocalization patch.
>>
http://social.gust.co.jp/pc/event/a16v/img/card/stilla16v01_vd1375.jpg
http://social.gust.co.jp/pc/event/a16v/img/card/ac104_vd2170.jpg
>>
>>14747729
They are quite different than most Atelier titles.

No time limit, and all the alchemy systems are different from each other (Except Mana Khemia and Atelier Iris 3 are fairly similar). They're worth the time.
>>
>>14748723
>At this point you'd be better served playing the trilogy from the beginning and going through AT2 again using the fan relocalization patch.
I might just do that anon. What is the best way to experience the game? Are the lore/backstories tucked away in side materials such as novellas and stuff?
>>
>>14749724
Yeah, and in amounts you can't even imagine. You'd have to read every single piece of material if you wanted the full experience, but if you want just the main story, here is a guideline:

-Play AT1 with Aurica's route. Complete with any of the true endings.
-Read the AT1 light novel.
-Listen to the AT1 Drama CDs.
-Play AT2. Any ending and route is valid, but you'll want Jakuri's if you want to listen to all the songs.
-Listen to Cocona's Hymmnos Musical.
-Play AT3. Again, any route is valid as long as you get any of the true endings.
-Listen to Saki and Finnel's Drama CDs.
-Read the two AT3 light novels.
-Listen to Tilia's Drama CD.
-Read the story to the song EXEC_VISIONDANCE_PLUGINs/.

Admittedly there are still some problems with that list because Saki and Finnel's Drama CDs haven't been fantranslated yet and the second AT3 light novel is still being translated, but these three should be finished before the year ends. And these are the essential pieces to understanding the story's flow, as while you can get it just by playing the games, the drama CDs and novels should expand your understanding quite a bit. Similarly, you might want to read the setting encyclopedias, Toukousphere, the Ar=Ciel Ar=Dor album and such other extras to take a better look at the setting once you're done with everything else.
>>
Is Yoru no nai Kuni/Night of Azure any good?

Not heard much about it but liked most other Gust games.
>>
Worse than at3.
>>
File: J2RyZxM.jpg (57 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
J2RyZxM.jpg
57 KB, 1280x720
Plachta's point of view
>>
File: tumblr_nocjgogoRa1rprfy4o1_500.png (506 KB, 500x706) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nocjgogoRa1rprfy4o1_500.png
506 KB, 500x706
>>14750053
Wow. I certainly did not expect to be overwhelm by this much material, if only the wiki would compile everything. Well thanks alot, appreciate the thought put into this post. It's going to be along journey but i'm doing it for the best grill.

Someone should put this guide in the pastebin in case anyone asks again
>>
This article from 2011 says Gust has less than 15 employees. Have they gotten more since then?
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/06/30/our-fan-powered-interview-with-nis-americas-president-part-1
>>
File: 1398400084066.png (1 MB, 1128x1600) Image search: [Google]
1398400084066.png
1 MB, 1128x1600
>>14751621
GUST no longer exists except as a brand. They were assimilated into KT.
>>
So anyway I went for an interview with KT Singapore today for a position as a programmer. I had to do a bunch of really silly tests, but they had lots of posters of Gust stuff (along with their Musou games) up on the walls.

I think it went well. I might be getting a job with them once I graduate. The career progression means I might relocate to their Tokyo Hq in 3 years.
>>
>>14752200
>tests
are they hard
>>
>>14752205
It really depends on your programming skills. In addition to programming tests they also had speedrun tests - how many meaningless arithmetic problems can I solve in 5 minutes, how many patterns can I identify in a few pictures, etc. I thought that was kind of meaningless. Who knows what they're testing for.

I basically wanked about Gust during the verbal interview. Oh and passing mention of Dynasty Warriors to keep them happy. They asked me how much of the Sengoku era I know, which was pretty easy if you watched enough anime about Oda Nobunaga being a girl or possessing girls.
>>
>>14752200
Good luck. I feel obligated to warn you that according to their site, they pay pretty low, though. Like less than English teaching, for programming positions. Their listed starting salary for new grads is 225,600 yen.

But fuck that, follow your dreams. Who knows where it might lead.
>>
>>14752250
Unfortunately, Singapore is one of those outsource locations. A newbie programmer's pay is pretty low across the board, whether in games or generic software engineering. Even startups pay terribly because Singapore has a startup culture that's basically on life support.

You can actually get even lower at roughly 3/4 of that if you look to Philippines or Malaysia, but Singapore has a good compromise on expense and reliability.

The only way for me to get any decent pay is to go overseas (e.g. US) but I don't want to leave my family too far behind.
>>
>>14751725
It's a little more than that. They are the Gust Nagano Development Group within KT. If you look at KT's recruiting web pages, you'll see that some jobs are with that department. (They seem to be hiring programmers, game planners, CG designers, web designers, and sound creators, to be located at the old Gust offices in Nagano)
>>
>>14749458
>They are quite different than most Atelier titles.
That doesn't tell me much, because I haven't played any Atelier games. Hell, I've played like... 3 or 4 jrpgs altogether.

>They're worth the time.
Guess I'll give it a shot, then.
>>
File: yoru02_vd3701.jpg (276 KB, 800x1184) Image search: [Google]
yoru02_vd3701.jpg
276 KB, 800x1184
>>
File: a16v10_vd3817.jpg (277 KB, 800x1184) Image search: [Google]
a16v10_vd3817.jpg
277 KB, 800x1184
>>
>>14752800
Iris trilogy is a very typical jrpg, worth playing but don't expect from them more than 7/10. Mana Khemia dilogy is a Persona clone with mix of Harry Potter, have one of the most entertaining battle mechanics in jrpg and considered the best atelier series by many. Pre-Iris ateliers are untranslated and considered good only by fans of the series.
If you going to emulate, make sure to use the very last version of pcsx because it fixes portrait glitch which annoyed people since forever.
>>
>>14753454
Thanks.

Thing is, I'm kinda in the mood for generic, so I'll start with Iris, if I can get it to run properly that is. It's choppy as fuck and it's been literally years since I used PCSX so I'm kinda in the dark.
>>
>>14703462
Here's the link to Ciel nosurge Offline's PKG: Ciel nosurge Offline PKG: http://zeus.dl.playstation.net/cdn/JP0103/PCSG00454_00/NsJwPapccDveCKhdLZacuysJiyKxHvTNuIiTrMEbvrhAUeiAbxMQEpvrvIHmgcAapHZwuFXicAAayooAdkZLxPFvAVXDYoiicMpRm.pkg
>>
Playing Escha & Logy Plus and just opened up the floating ruins. Will Nio ever get more than 2 weapons? It's been bugging me for a while now.
>>
>>14753486
Wait, never mind, it was just the opening, the game runs fine.
>>
>>14752250
>225,600
What the fuck, isn't that like $2k USD? I just got an offer for $80k and I've been NEET for half a year.
>>
>>14755437
That's per month, so per year it's like 2.5M yen, which is still very low. Making vidya is not profitable as a grunt in Japan, and probably in most other countries too, since the supply/demand curve for these jobs is so skewed and everyone wants to do it.
>>
File: Captureb.png (3 MB, 1626x1246) Image search: [Google]
Captureb.png
3 MB, 1626x1246
Started playing Atelier Iris.

Why is Lita such a cunt anyway?
>>
File: aspect ratio.jpg (376 KB, 2000x720) Image search: [Google]
aspect ratio.jpg
376 KB, 2000x720
>>14757503
>>
>>14757053
I got an offer for 3.6M recently at a game related company but, which works out as like 2/5 of my current job and 1/5 in the long run.

It sounds nice having friends at work who are into 2D stuff but I don't think it's worth throwing away 80% of my life salary.
>>
>>14755437
>>14757053
>>14757516
I make less than $8k a year at a full-time office job for one of the world's largest banks. Before taxes. Maybe a $1k more with bonuses.

Wish I lived somewhere that wasn't such a shithole.
>>
File: Shureliaxedge.jpg (195 KB, 688x1848) Image search: [Google]
Shureliaxedge.jpg
195 KB, 688x1848
How much do you think Eleno was paid to create his daughteru?
>>
>>14757533
Someone in my graduating class's bonus alone in his first year of working was $60k

Westerners really have too much money
>>
File: litaveola.jpg (39 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
litaveola.jpg
39 KB, 768x576
>>14757503
Jealousy, and other insecurities.
>>
>>14757553
She was already being created long before Eleno came into the picture. The R&D processes for her creation took decades and her cultivation periodo was 15 yeard.
>>
File: a16v01_vd3674.jpg (312 KB, 800x1184) Image search: [Google]
a16v01_vd3674.jpg
312 KB, 800x1184
>Thirteen cards

Holy FUCK.
>>
File: a16v09_vd3594.jpg (323 KB, 800x1184) Image search: [Google]
a16v09_vd3594.jpg
323 KB, 800x1184
>>
File: a0602_vd4524.jpg (297 KB, 800x1184) Image search: [Google]
a0602_vd4524.jpg
297 KB, 800x1184
>>
File: a1702_vd2703.jpg (281 KB, 800x1184) Image search: [Google]
a1702_vd2703.jpg
281 KB, 800x1184
>>
File: arno01_vd9540.jpg (357 KB, 800x1184) Image search: [Google]
arno01_vd9540.jpg
357 KB, 800x1184
>>
File: lucky03_vd1778.jpg (319 KB, 1184x800) Image search: [Google]
lucky03_vd1778.jpg
319 KB, 1184x800
>>
File: season03_vd3411.jpg (272 KB, 1184x800) Image search: [Google]
season03_vd3411.jpg
272 KB, 1184x800
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 96

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.