[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
heh
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: 1452973920403.jpg (538 KB, 1280x1150) Image search: [Google]
1452973920403.jpg
538 KB, 1280x1150
heh
>>
>>14649873
stockholm syndrome. battler broke.
>>
>>14649873

>Blissful ignorance is better than finding truth

Honestly don't think I've ever hated an author's big stupid moral message more than I did Umineko.
>>
>>14649873
>i didn't understand the story

>>14653770
that was never the message
>>
>>14653863
>that was never the message

Yes it was. The purpose of magic was to accept that some things are "unknowable" and that you'll be happier if you just accept that "a witch did it."

Provide an alternate explanation if you don't agree this was the case, don't just be one of those faggots who express disagreement and leave it at that.
>>
>>14653872

the point of magic through the story was to represent love. ryukishi didn't want you to blindly accept magic like maria did, rather he wanted you to look at the truth with love. he wanted to show that people should be judged when they are at their best, not when they are at their worst. This was the whole point of episode 8.
>>
File: 1285091699417.jpg (121 KB, 800x812) Image search: [Google]
1285091699417.jpg
121 KB, 800x812
>>14653898

So in other words, be delusional.
>>
>>14653910
obviously, if people do bad shit, you cant help but have a negative opinion on them.

But ange in episode 8 wasn't able to move on past what happened from rokkenjima and actually live her life. episode 8 was pretty much Battler reminding Ange that no matter what happened on Rokkenjima, she still has the memories of the times she shared with her family, and those memories are far more important than anything people say happened on the island.
>>
>>14653942
>But ange in episode 8 wasn't able to move on past what happened from rokkenjima and actually live her life. episode 8 was pretty much Battler reminding Ange that no matter what happened on Rokkenjima, she still has the memories of the times she shared with her family, and those memories are far more important than anything people say happened on the island.

So in other words, blissful ignorance is better than finding truth.
>>
>>14653948
it's not ignorance, dude. for ange,it was being able to move on from the past and actually live her life. umineko does not tell you to give up on finding truth, it rather tells you that you should look at the truth with love and always see things from both perspectives. you shouldn't wholly disregard the truth like maria did, but in the same way you shouldn't be solely focused on it like erika was.
>>
>>14653969
>it's not ignorance, dude

Yes it is. Ange wanted to know what happened on the island. Both you and Ryuukishi are saying that she shouldn't need to know because she had happy memories of her family, but this is completely irrelevant to the fact that she wanted to know what happened on the island. Telling someone who wants to know how their family member died that they shouldn't worry about knowing because they had happy memories with them may cause them to reprioritize, but it is irrelevant if they actually want to know what the fuck happened.

It is literally blissful ignorance over finding truth, and Umineko's entire situation is set up to glorify this.
>>
>>14654006
In Ange's case though, it wasn't simply 'she wanted to know how her family died', its just that her search for the truth was the only thing keeping her from killing herself. She literally stated that she just wanted to find the truth and die. She wasn't able to move on from the past, and at this point her search for the truth of what happened on the island was doing her more harm than good.

You keep saying that Umineko chooses ignorance over finding truth, but again, that's not really what it does. It tells you to find your own truth and come to terms with both sides of the story, accept it and move on with your life, and keep living until you find your own fragment of happiness.
>>
>>14654063
>It tells you to find your own truth

Fuck off with this "truth is subjective" crap. Facts must be interpreted, but there is only one real truth.

The mere fact that you unironically uttered that Umineko's message wasn't choosing ignorance over finding truth right before you said truth was subjective just proves how far gone your definition of truth and reality is.
>>
>>14653770
Pretty much. I think Battler picking Beatrice over Erika was symbolicly him choosing fantasy over reality.Then Battler almost drowned and became mentally ill, losing his grip on reality. Appropriate.

I can kinda sympathize with R07 for a bit, iirc he is religious, and his friend died when Umineko was being made, so I assume he is going with the fantasy side, because the Golden Land is clearly heaven//the afterlife where everyone isnt dead and can be happy.
>>
Hotarubi scans when
>>
>>14649873
1-5 was great, then battler wasn't even the main fucking character. the part where battler got drunk and was loosing it was one of the best parts I remember. He was a fully fleshed out main character with a purpose and then they ruined it in just 3 eps left. As soon as ro7 replaced him with some fucking random character , I knew it was gonna go down hill.
>>
Another Umineko hate thread?
I didn't expect /jp/ to be such a hater.
>>
ARE YOU READY FOR WHEN THE ALIENS CRY:2001 A SPACE ODYSSEY.
>>
>>14653770
It's more of a philosophical message than a moral message, but I think it's valid. I guess it depends on who you ask. Religion with the promise of a happy afterlife is a great example of the message; it usually costs very little to believe and you'll probably be happier as a result. So, is it worth seeking "truth"? Any person asking this question is incapable of living in blissful ignorance anyway, though. It would be in their nature to seek it even if it did nothing but cause them misery. It's not really something you have control over; if you think that something is a lie, it's inevitable that you will try to come up with an explanation for what the truth is. Nobody has a turnaround in real life like battler where they just choose to accept what they think is a lie; that cognitive dissonance can only last so long.
>>
>>14655778
It'll last as short as you believe it will.
>>
>>14653709
Battler's an over-emotional bastard. As was Kinzo.
>>
>>14655778
>Nobody has a turnaround in real life like battler where they just choose to accept what they think is a lie; that cognitive dissonance can only last so long.
All I have to do is keep it up until my life is over and I win!
>>
>>14655741
That's not what Trianthology is even about anymore.

It's first and foremost about being delayed indefinitely.
>>
>current year
>people still not having read the EP8 manga, which clears up the shitty message that the VN version told

Sasuga, /jp/
>>
>>14662161
>shitty message.
The message wasn't shitty you just failed to grab its real deep meaning.
>>
Life of Pi is literally Umineko
>>
>>14654077
The way I see it, the battle between fantasy/mystery ended in EP 5 when Batter learned the truth. EP 6 was made to clear the loose ends and pretty much threw the answer in your face. EP 7 gave the whydunnit. There, mystery over.

EP 8 delves in the core of Umineko as a tragedy and a story of coping the loss. You wanted the next "And then there were none"? You got what you came for in the other episodes. There were the greatest threads I posted in both /a/ and /jp/. We fucking loved Umineko back in the day and you know it.

Umineko without the magic, battles and meta was just the story of Ange getting over the death of her family.

What truth do you want to know anyways? Everything was explained properly.
>>
File: bea_akuwaraia1up.png (185 KB, 484x473) Image search: [Google]
bea_akuwaraia1up.png
185 KB, 484x473
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.