[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Imagine you were transported to Gensokyo. Which 2hu would be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50
File: 1453049744552.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1453049744552.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1440
Imagine you were transported to Gensokyo. Which 2hu would be safest to meet first and who would you be really fucked if you met?
>>
>>14630571
Safe: uhm... Reimu?
Fucked: Yakumo
>>
>>14630605
Wouldn't it be possible to befriend Reimu first and then have her introduce you to the Yakumo family? I really want to get to know them and hopefully not get eaten in the process.
>>
>>14630642
As long you can beat anyone in danmaku
>>
Safest: Reimu or Mokou
Worst: Yuuka
>>
Keine
Medicine/Kisume
>>
>>14630642
>>14630682
1. challenge Cirno to a danmaku
2. punch Cirno in her stupid face
3. ?????
4. profit
>>
>>14630642
Reimu shoots first and asks questions later.
>>
Safest: Reimu, Marisa, any other human, or one of the youkai who is peaceful enough to walk into town without being chased away by Reimu most of the time (i.e. Suika, Kasen, Youmu, or Mokou). Tewi could potentially be beneficial to run into, as well. Perfect Memento in Strict Sense seems to only have good words to say about her and the good fortune that seeing her can bring.

DANGER DANGER WARNING WARNING: I'm actually going to leave Yuuka out of this category, since, despite her apparently high power and lack of friendliness towards humans, she isn't outright going to kill every human. She has apparently even walked into the village before to do some shopping and was described as polite. I wouldn't approach her, sure, but it's not like you're likely to get immediately torn to bits in her presence.
Come to think of it, most of the most powerful youkai are probably actually relatively safe and won't just attack people randomly without any sort of indication (though if they're hungry, still keep an eye out). No, I think the biggest threat to an average person might be the "weak" youkai, such as Rumia. The ones who don't really understand the balance of things in Gensokyo and who just simply feel the need to attack humans.
>>
You'd be fucked meeting pretty much any Youkai. Worst would probably be Medicine, Rumia, Yuuka, Kisume, Yamame etc.

Safest would be Mokou, Alice, Keine and Kasen. Reimu might not give enough of a shit about you and send you out into the woods regardless.
>>
>>14630917
>Reimu might not give enough of a shit about you and send you out into the woods regardless.
She would probably at least make sure you got back to the human village safely. Most likely she wouldn't do anything beyond that though.
>>
>>14630815
>>14631083
>>14630917
Reimu likes beating up youkai and troublemakers, but she loves humans. Especially if you said you wanted to go pray or donate at the shrine.

>>14630838
For all the fanon making her out to be some kind of monster, Windows Yuuka really isn't a bad person. She's not interested in fighting weaklings, and really only cares if people disturb her flowers. Even if you ran into her outside the village, you could probably even greet her and be fine as long as you were polite.
>>
>>14631083
She might tell you the way, but I don't think she'll actually bother to guide you.
>>
>>14630571
Beneficial, likely to help you out, or at least point you in the right direction: Reimu, Marisa, Alice, Keine, Tewi, Reisen, Eirin(?), Mokou, Eiki, the Aki Sisters, Hina, Sanae, Kanako, Suwako, Byakuren, any of the Taoist aside from maybe Seija, any human from the human village, Rinnosuke, Kasen

Neutral, probably won't harm you, but probably won't help much either: Lily White, the Prismrivers, Kaguya, Komachi, Aya, Iku, Tenshi, Orin, Nazrin, Kogasa, Ichirin, Shou, Hatate, Star Saphire, Luna Child, Kyouko, Kokoro, Wakasagihime, Sekibanki, Kagerou, Benben, Yatsuhashi, Shinmyoumaru, Raiko, Sumireko, Ringo, Junko, Hecatia

Iffy, may help, but also might fuck you up depending on circumstances: Cirno, Anyone from the SDM, Youmu, Yuyuko, Suika, Yuuka, Nitori, Yuugi, Murasa, Nue, Sunny Milk, Seija, Mamizou, any Lunarian that hasn't been mentioned yet.

Fucked: Anyone else.

I might be wrong about some of these characters, I dunno.

>>14631083
If I'm not mistaken, print works explicitly state that she will help people who have ended up in Gensokyo return home. Reimu is the best person to run into if you want to leave, and will still probably help if you want to stay.

>>14631217
>Reimu likes beating up youkai and troublemakers, but she loves humans. Especially if you said you wanted to go pray or donate at the shrine.
Reimu is fine with youkai though, just as long as they aren't causing trouble, or preventing humans from visiting her shrine. That said, she's completely willing to beat up humans if they cause trouble, and will leave youkai alone if there's no incident going on and they aren't causing too much trouble.
>>
File: Wriggle 2.jpg (281 KB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
Wriggle 2.jpg
281 KB, 2000x1500
Gesokyo is so pacific, any human will be safe unless they meet a stage 1 or stage 2 boss.
>>
>>14631415
why does marisa have a broom coming out of her ass?
>>
>>14631415
>likely to help you out: Tewi
More like 'likely to scam you and leave you lost in the forest'.
>any of the Taoist aside from maybe Seija
You mean Seiga? But auntie Seiga loves humans. God only knows what Seija would do.
>Neutral: Aya
She might not attack you, but she's guaranteed trouble either way.
>Iffy: Anyone from the SDM
For starters, you won't meet Patche or Flan outside. Meiling would be perfectly friendly if you weren't trying to get inside. Remi is too refined to just attack some random on the road. And Sakuya would of course be courteous, if a bit cold.
>Iffy: Youmu, NItori
Nigga what? I guess Nitori might go after your shirikodama, but Youmu, really?
>>
>>14631415
>Iffy: Suika

Nah, I'd say Suika would be beneficial, she'd clearly realise that you weren't from around these parts and she'd help you out

Depending where you were she might even take you in for the night, that's if you agree to a drinking competition first
>>
>>14631615
Sakuya needs to get food for the mistress, though. So it really depends on the circumstances.
>>
>>14631680
Yeah, but according to the omake of 7.5, drinking contests with oni usually don't end well for humans, even if they take a liking to you.

>>14631717
Koumakan has some mysterious connection to the outside world that's never elaborated on. Remi was even able to import a chupacabra somehow. That's most likely where they get the 'tea' from.
>>
>>14631415
Suika surely would help, judging by how she is in WaHH, but no guarantees that you won't end up dragged into some kind of mad drinking party involving youkai from former Hell.
Ichirin probably would help, I don't remember a depiction of her that would indicate reluctance to give proper assistance. Same for Youmu and Yuyuko.

Also I think that YY wouldn't necessarily do something bad because she spirits away certain types of people.

>>14631615
Remilia probably doesn't head outside while she's thirsty for blood anyway.
>>
>>14631735

I'd rather drink myself to death in cheerful company, than be eaten.

Though, I'm sure she wouldn't let someone drink themselves to death, dead corpse is a real mood killer for a party.

Especially if they are your plus one. Very embarrassing.
>>
>>14631615

I guess Sakuya would be quite friendly actually.

When Maribel met her in one of her dreams she was allowed to take cookies home with her. I don't find that so cold.
>>
>>14631217
>she loves humans
No, she only loves doners. If you dont have money to give you are fucked.
>>
>>14631850
Ah, right, it was mentioned somewhere that she became more friendly with fellow humans after the scarlet mist incident. My mistake.
>>
File: 1431159029397.jpg (283 KB, 870x900) Image search: [Google]
1431159029397.jpg
283 KB, 870x900
You're walking along a path and you see this girl in the middle of the road.
How do you respond.

I honestly think she would be one of the worst people to meet given her poor understanding of things and her sheer power. Yukari you could reason with, maybe talk withngs over. But Okuu could easily misunderstand you.
>>
>>14631925
Unless you agitate Okuu you have nothing to fear man. She's dumb but not THAT dumb.
>>
>>14631952
>She's dumb but not THAT dumb.
M8 she tried to take over the world when all Kanako wanted was her to make nuclear power.
>>
>>14631952
She was pretty spiteful towards nearly everything, I don't think that getting hit by danmaku resolves that resentment.
>>
Zone: Danger
>>
>>14632010
It's OK, you just have to roll until you get outside the sphere. Or if you have a stick in hand, wave it around while running.
>>
>>14632010

I'd go Kenny Loggins on her if you know what I mean.
>>
I feel like the only legit safe person is Reimu.
Alice too, possibly.
>>
Also I think that were forgetting that the 'don't attack humans' rule seems to only apply to native humans, outsiders (you or I in this case) may be considered free game.
On top of this some of the cast have been speculated to either eating or attacking/killing humans (which again would most likely be outsiders).
>>
>>14632515
If you get to village you are safe
>>
>>14632520
True, but being an ordinary human that just got plopped somewhere in the middle of Gensokyo, you probably have a 5% chance of making it there.
>>
You would be really fucked if you met Aya first if you know what I mean ;^)
>>
It would be safe to meet Alice first. For you, not her.
>>
Are people leaving out Akyuu, Rinnosuke, Kosuzu and the like because they're print work characters, or because they actually think they're somehow dangerous?
Of those three, Kosuzu is maybe dangerous to herself of the village, but there'd be no danger in running into any of them first.
Keine is also like, just, extremely low danger; meeting her, Akyuu, or Kosuzu would probably actually mean you're already IN the human village, so that's better than Alice, objectively (even if Alice gives you shelter for a bit, you're still stuck out in the forest).
>>
>>14630745
I agree with this
>>
>>14632537
PMiSS says the spirited away people die because most don't even try to run away from the youkai.
>>
>>14630571
The worst 2hu also falls in love with you. Who is she and how would you treat her?
>>
>>14632627
I'm torn between making Tewi into stew, making Aya into yakitori, and donating Medicine to Flan's toy collection.
>>
You know who would be a good one to run into first?

Kanako.
She has very high friendship to humans, and if you can give her faith, then she would probably give you her blessing - and keep you safe.
Really, none of the Moriyas would be bad to run into, but Kanako would be the most helpful.
>>
>>14632627
She's medicine, and I die from the poison.
>>
>>14631925
After Reimu slapped Okuu's shit in SA she isnt a clear threat to anyone unless you invade her reactor. She just went crazy with all that power that she couldn't control at first which was more Kanakos fault than hers. SOPM even specifies that her threat level is unknown and not a definite high.
>>
File: a0b53dd329ebe7502c5eadabf61d6127.jpg (422 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
a0b53dd329ebe7502c5eadabf61d6127.jpg
422 KB, 1500x1125
How unlikely would it be to stumble upon Yuugi and how hostile would she be?
>>
>>14632986
Extremely unlikely as she lives in Former Hell and is not known to spend time in Gensokyo; if you appeared in Gensokyo, you likely would not run across her.

As far as hostility, she is noted in Symposium of Post-Mysticism to despise timidness, so if you can hold your temper and spine facing a being whose footsteps cause nearby buildings to collapse, not very hostile... but still extremely dangerous, as if she likes you, she might ask you to drink with her.
>>
Wouldn't you be handicapped severely by the fact that you can only fluently talk, read and write English?
>>
>>14633231
I'd just find Letty Whiterock and speak Swedish with her. She has an Algiz-rune on her clothes so she must be a Scandinavian yuki-onna.
>>
>>14633231
You'd be handicapped, absolutely. It wouldn't be impossible if you could get to the human village - you could at the very least go to Suzunaan and write down what you need, because Kosuzu could absolutely then read it... good luck understanding what she has to say back!
Remilia can read and write and likely speak english, but good luck... with that at all!
>>
>>14633285
Maybe Remilia would like you since you are a rare human that can actually speak English with her? It would probably be hard to get inside the SDM though
>>
>>14633293
The only way you'd be able to get into the SDM would be via an invitation.
>>
File: 41744188.jpg (777 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
41744188.jpg
777 KB, 800x800
>>14633293
Remilia's pretty big hearted about taking people in. Between the goblins, chupacabra, and fairy maids as long as aren't disrupitive and you're willing to work she'll have a roof for you.

She seems to have a habit of picking up strays.
>>
>>14633231
Can they even speak modern Japanese?
>>
>>14633293
>>14633358
We do know that she's hiring almost all the time, so it shouldn't be too tough to get a position there.
>>
>>14633403
Of course she is, Gensokyo's fucking stagnant. Only literate youkai or idiotic humans would take up that offer.
>>
File: 40304818_p4_master1200.jpg (251 KB, 800x772) Image search: [Google]
40304818_p4_master1200.jpg
251 KB, 800x772
>>14633445
>>
Kosuzu would be the safest to meet, I think.
>>
Alright this is actually a tricky question and it depends on what kind of a person you are and what you are carrying.

If you have a stun gun, flare gun or something (legal in Japan) similar the common "kedama" tier feral youkai would be a threat in groups, but along with a solid stick or proper weapon you can survive fairly well. Rumia and anything above will mince you though.

If you have a firearm of rifle-caliber or above then you'll be pretty good. Danmaku isn't a lethal weapon and while physically stronger youkai are still soft targets. Anyone level 2 and below and be at least fended off and anyone above that aren't generally hostile to humans. Generally.

On the flip side keep in mind that an outsider is not subject to the Spellcard rules, and even benign youkai might decide to eat you if they are hungry enough. However it has been said that youkai prefer those without the will to live, so most of /jp/ is fucked but anyway the only steady source of consumed humans mentioned is via the Road of Reconsideration where suicides end up. If you aren't a complete loser, step carefully and have a decent way to defend yourself you should be fine against anything that wants to eat you as long as you bolt straight for the village.
>>
>>14633891
Firearms will eventually run out of bullets.
>>
>>14633905
Hence "bolt straight to the village".
>>
>>14633891
Living in Gensokyo without making yokai friends would really suck.
>>
Tewi is the safest obviously. Or Nitori, but her ability is less useful.
>>
File: caution.jpg (527 KB, 837x900) Image search: [Google]
caution.jpg
527 KB, 837x900
List includes all main touhous from 6-14 and most print work characters.

Safe and might even help you: Reimu, Marisa, Sakuya(if you meet her outside of the sdm, cold but may help) Alice, Prismriver sisters, Youmu, Yuyuko, Keine, Tewi, Eirin, Reisen, Kaguya, Mokou, Komachi, Shikeiki, Aki sisters, Hina (won't try and harm you but you may be afflicted with misfortune from being in contact with her, Sanae, Kanako, Suwako, Ichirin, Shou, Byakuren, Kyoko, All of the taoists (Tojiko may be dangerous though), Sekibanki, Wakisagihime, Akyuu, Rinnosuke, Kosuzu, Kasen. Sumireko, Maribel and Ranko.

Relatively safe and may help, though you could become injured if you make a wrong move or they misunderstand: Yuugi, Suika, Nitori, Mamizou, Raikou, Kagerou, Yukari, Ran, Tenshi, Kokoro, Tenshi, Iku

Safe unless you provoke them: Orin, the whole sdm cast except flandre are relatively harmless if you meet them outside of the mansion, Benben and her sister, Sakuna, Momiji (Unless you are invading youkai mountain she is safe)

Annoying but shouldn't hurt you unless you provoke them: Aya and Hatate, Chen, Cirno, the 3 faeries (pretty much harmless anyway, annoying but harmless) Lilly white.

Dangerous on certain occasions but will leave you alone if you don't provoke them: Yuuka (unless she is hungry you are safe), Mystia (Safe unless she is hungry) Murasa (unless you are near water she is harmless) Narzin (her mice like human flesh so she is a danger if they are hungry) Koishi (Most likely you won't see her at all, but if you somehow make her angry she won't hold back and kill you) Okuu (Usually well fed on corpses, might attack you if you invade her space though or hurt her family) Yoshika (Is only dangerous if Seiga doesn't like you), Flandre (Will probably kill you by wanting to play a game and being too rough, doesn't understand her own strength), Satori (will only attack if she catches you in her mansion)

May attack if they feel like it: Nue

Dangerous and attacks on sight: Rumia, Letty, Rumia, Medicine, Parsee, Seija, Yamane

The youkai that are most dangerous are ones that harbour malice towards humans and don't understand how Gensokyo works. Even powerful youkai like remilia are harmless under most circumstances. Anons please tell me if I missed out on any characters.
>>
File: old and busted cups.jpg (767 KB, 1000x717) Image search: [Google]
old and busted cups.jpg
767 KB, 1000x717
>>14634192
>Prismriver sisters
>Safe and might even help
kay
>>
All of them are vulnerable to a knife. If you kill them all first, they can't kill you. It's the safest strategy to kill them while they're still unaware of you.
>>
>>14634256
Perfect memento in the strict sense lists their human friendship level as high so they aren't exactly dangerous, I'm sure they might even help if you ask nicely.
>>
I'd pretend to be dead and cry.
>>
>>14634280

Why?

You've been given a chance at redoing your life again without all the complications that come with the modern world.

You'd be one of the few humans with large scale and intimate knowledge of Gensokyo.
>>
>>14634482
There is no jaypee to shitpost in Gensokyo.
>>
>>14634485

Yes there is.

The jaypee that is in your heart.

So long as you remember jaypee in you heart anon, we'll always be together!
>>
>>14631615
> Tewi
> likely to scam you
Nice meme opinion, but as far as I know, isn't she supposed to help lost humans out of the Bamboo Forest of the Lost ? I know it was stated somewhere.
>>
I think we can over simplify this by saying any touhou that sleeps in a house, except for Yuuka and the underground youkai, are probably safe. And all the others are likely dangerous.

The only places I can think of offhand where that might be wrong are the Yakumo trio, and Moukou. Don't know if she sleeps outside or crashes with Keine.
>>
>>14631482
>pacific
I thought it was Japanese???
>>
>>14634542
Mokou has a small house in the bamboo forest. It's mentioned in CiLR.
>>
Would Ran be mad if she found you playing with Chen or would she take a liking to you if Chen accepted you?
>>
>>14634624

Define playing.
>>
>>14634493
I'm pretty sure that's actually Mokou's job.
>>
>>14634624
Ran would probably stalk you, maybe try to get Yukari to abduct you to find out more about you. Ran values Chen above all else.
>>
File: f4fb0eee203ce27c0653fbe8549a6f89.jpg (681 KB, 1000x1272) Image search: [Google]
f4fb0eee203ce27c0653fbe8549a6f89.jpg
681 KB, 1000x1272
>>14634668
Nothing weird, just playing.
>>
>>14634680
>Yukari
>Abduction
You're looking at BAD END material there.
>>
>>14634682
What about petting?
Would that be weird? Just her head, at least.
>>
>>14634695
I think that's within the borders of "non-weird". She is a nekomata after all.
>>
>>14634680

Depends where you are, I suppose.

Agreed, Ran would find you extremely suspicious as you'd be interacting with Chen in a way that no human from Gensokyo would normally do so.

But the fact that Ran would have no idea who are and the same with Yukari, would set off alarm bells.
>>
>>14634689
Not entirely.
I assume Yukari wouldnt kill you if it made Chen miserable. Yukari only goes after humans who an hero and if she's hungry.

>>14634708
Not sure about that last line, but it shouldnt be too hard to find a person new to Gensokyo, they would stand out. Yukari's crows, Ran being a fox (great sense of smell and she can probably find your scent on Chen) and Yukari's ga magic, you wont have much time before coming face to face with the Yakumo family.
>>
>>14634722

Oh, no I agree but I'm saying initially they'd be wondering who this idiotic/bravo fool who seems very accepting of where he is.
>>
>>14634624
Depends if she's hungry or not, outsider.
>>
File: 1452055086551.png (18 KB, 312x326) Image search: [Google]
1452055086551.png
18 KB, 312x326
>>14634736

Cats play with their food, before they kill it, right?
>>
File: 20160104_103130 [F7DC33E4].jpg (126 KB, 850x850) Image search: [Google]
20160104_103130 [F7DC33E4].jpg
126 KB, 850x850
What if you were transported to lewd Gensokyo?
>>
>>14634791
delet this
>>
>>14634791

BAD END

cause: exhaustion and dehydration
>>
>>14634735
>who seems very accepting of where he is.
I would honestly be happier there. The real world is depressing, atleast Gensokyo offers an alternative and isnt boring. It's less fucked up too, even with all the human eating.
Obviosuly becuase it's different I would act stupidly in wonder at everything, probably think it's all a dream and be less cautious as a result.
>>
>>14634816
I agree with you, but I would probably be safer in Gensokyo than in the real world anyways.
>>
>>14634493
No, that's Mouko you're thinking of. The humans in the village think Tewi is a symbol of good fortune, but actually, it was revealed in BAiJR that she's just a scammer. And even if you ignore the Inaba manga, it's still mentioned in CiLR that she's always slacking off and causing trouble for Udonge. She's totally selfish and carefree and doesn't give a fuck what happens to anyone else, human or youkai, as long as she gets to have fun.
>>
>>14634816
Unsubstantiated theory, because obviously there can't be canon material involving this but....
We all know what Gensokyo is. All outsiders who have visited or interacted with Gensokyo learned about it through being there (or in Sumireko's case, through her dreams).

It might be... less likely that a human already aware of Gensokyo (even from a fictional perspective) would get transported there, unless Yukari saw some potential to use you and gapped you there on purpose, in which case, OP's scenario doesn't really apply.
>>
>>14635588
>Yukari saw some potential to use you and gapped you there on purpose
This, I would have no problem with.

Though I'd probably be a pretty bad shikigami, since I'd get punished a lot for doing things that I wasn't instructed to do.
>>
>>14635588
>less likely that a human already aware of Gensokyo would get transported there
How do you figure? Wouldn't your knowledge of its existence, and your desire to get there, make it easier to cross the barrier? Remember in CoLA, when Rinnosuke was spirited away; it was while he was holding the MP3 player and thinking about the outside world. Wouldn't it make sense that if you were near Gensoukyou, thinking about it, with the desire to be in another place, you could just as easily be drawn in? Especially if your attachment to the outside world is weak already.
>>
>>14634482
So I can rape Orin when she tries to pick me up.
>>
>>14635761

explain
>>
>>14633891
>If you have a firearm of rifle-caliber or above then you'll be pretty good. Danmaku isn't a lethal weapon and while physically stronger youkai are still soft targets. Anyone level 2 and below and be at least fended off and anyone above that aren't generally hostile to humans. Generally.
Youkai can easily survive being torn to pieces, and are highly resistant to physical damage. You would need something much bigger than a gun like that to fend them off.
>>
>>14635695

This train of thought is logical.

And gives good reasoning how and why suicidal humans ended up enter, or near the barrier.
>>
Safe: Mokou
Worst: Rumia
>>
>>14635588
This gives me an idea.

Youkai are affected by belief. But the youkai in Gensokyo aren't affected by beliefs of the outside world due to the barrier.

But it's implied Yukari goes to the outside world from time to time, which means that it should be possible to affect her with beliefs. Even if only for slight moments.

Would that not make believing really hard that Yukari sees something in you a viable way to get into Gensokyo? Or at the very least, forming a cult with the same general idea.
>>
>>14631615
If you're trespassing on Hakugyokurou grounds, Youmu might see you as a potential threat until you negotiate with her.
>>
>>14632559
Same with Sanae m8 ;^).
>>
File: bac6b0182b496449d539ace4ec34a58b.jpg (114 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
bac6b0182b496449d539ace4ec34a58b.jpg
114 KB, 1024x1024
>so many people saying rumia is worst
Is she really such a bad girl? What if you befriended her?
>>
>>14636357

Wouldn't risk it.

Sorry, good chance is that she'd see you as an easy meal.
>>
File: 1387922644052.jpg (74 KB, 371x348) Image search: [Google]
1387922644052.jpg
74 KB, 371x348
>>14636357
Her whole canon sthick is to 'eat humans becuase that's what yokai are supposed to do'.
In fact, alot of the cutehus in canon are also the most deadly.
Sorry to shatter any dreams you might have.
>>
>>14635770
>pretend to be ded
>she tries to pick me up
>tell her that resistance only makes me dick harder
>>
>>14637824

She is also really terrible at it, so she isn't very dangerous.
>>
File: 1451217936001.png (48 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1451217936001.png
48 KB, 320x320
I dont know, i'd probably chat up Meiling.

What if you met Mima?
>>
What if the first person you met was ZUN
>>
>>14638108
You'd be fucked because you'd be in PC-98 world, where everybody is unflinchingly killing each other.
>>
>>14633953
Jaypee would just be another shitty human that is even despised by other humans.

Basically, real life but without a computer.
>>
>>14638112
>Well, I'm guess I'm sticking with you
>[Unintelligible Japanese]
>>
>>14638112
That would be great!
>>
>>14630571
>safe
Mouku, Reimu, Keine, Hermit
>fucked
anyone else
>>
>>14637824
Isn't she pretty dumb? Couldn't you just trick her into thinking you aren't a full blooded human?
>>
File: 29077179_p12.png (154 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
29077179_p12.png
154 KB, 500x700
>>14634256
Their human friendship is very high and spirits are not known to attack humans.
>>
>>14638112
Well, Rinnosuke is a human in the human village, you'd be doing very well for yourself in that situation
>>
Cool fanon, secondaries.
>>
Safest, Mokou
Wosrt, Rumia
>>
>>14639603
>actually playing the games
What are you, some kind of nerd?
>>
I feel like the cast can be split up in three groups:
One group are those who are going to help you.
The second group are going to give fuck all about you but won't actually attack unless you really provoke them or they find reason to.
The last group would be the ones who would attack you under any circumstance.
And probably, chances of surviving long enough to encounter some form of help is would be an extremely small chance.
>>
File: 1400881190544.jpg (91 KB, 305x315) Image search: [Google]
1400881190544.jpg
91 KB, 305x315
>>14639603
>I have literally never played a touhou game and know nothing about the series: the post
>>
File: 1303422036754.jpg (46 KB, 250x283) Image search: [Google]
1303422036754.jpg
46 KB, 250x283
the only 2hu that would not eat you or walk away from you
>>
>>14635695
It's heavily implied that knowledge of Gensokyo is next to nonexistent in the fictional outside world of the lore. The outsiders that get in canonically either wander out pretty quickly or die because they don't run from youkai, because they don't know any better. In the entry for Sanae in Symposium of Post-Mysticism, it's said that she's not only one of the few who survived, but one of the only outsiders who managed to adjust to life in Gensokyo - she's a special case, being a living god, but even she didn't have knowledge of Gensokyo before having experiences with it.
Maribel first encountered Gensokyo in her dreams, as with Sumireko. Renko has only ever been able to tag along because of Maribel.

And while I can TOTALLY get behind 'being near Gensokyo, and wanting to be in a different place, and not having attachment to the outside world' as a condition that would make it easy to slip past the barrier, that doesn't mean you need knowledge of Gensokyo, just a desire for change and a malleable/transient state of mind.

I think the difference is intent; if you knew about Gensokyo, and traveled to near its physical location, and then crossed the boundary on purpose, it seems less like the normal way things enter Gensokyo and more like an invasion. I'd imagine that Yukari would do what she could to keep knowledge of Gensokyo away from the humans of the outside world for that very reason.
(It wouldn't be very hard for her; humans tend to not believe in the supernatural these days).
I'm plenty open for discussion on it, I was just bringing up an observation, unsubstantiated after all...
>>
>>14635930
I think that Yukari is a special case - one of the reasons she's so influential is that the idea of boundaries is so essential to how humans think.
Good and evil, up and down, in and out, light and dark, as well as the innumerable walls that we put between rooms, cities, prison cells, the invisible borders of politics, countries, culture...

And our fear that these boundaries might not be as stable as we think, that they could change at any time.

I think that's what keeps Yukari fresh in the outside world - it's not that a bunch of humans believe in Yakumo Yukari, but rather they fear the change in the neat boxes they've drawn their lives into.
>>
>>14636357
Here's my theory/opinion on her:
She's bullied a lot by the youkai because pretty much all of the ones who take sapient forms are worse than her, and even the stronger humans (ie Reimu, Marisa, &c) push her around too. To make herself feel better, she scares weaker humans by threatening to eat them. Since bad news spreads faster in the Human Village than good news, everyone thinks Rumia is a mass-murdering maniac, and blame her for the deaths of humans who left the village and never came back again. Deep down, she's a good girl, she just wants to feel like she has some power over something. I believe she doesn't directly kill or eat humans, she just threatens to eat humans unless they give her something, ie food or means to acquire food with, or if she's really hungry she scavenges or eats small animals that can't beat her in a fight. I understand if you don't agree, this is just my take on it.

t. Rumia fan
>>
File: 1420509763949.png (407 KB, 1000x1156) Image search: [Google]
1420509763949.png
407 KB, 1000x1156
>>14640639
tl;dr- she doesn't eat humans, she just likes scaring them into giving her food, because she knows she couldn't easilly beat one in a fight.
>>
>>14630571
Safe: Reimu, Sanae, her goddesses, Marisa, Rinnosuke, other touhou that are doing at shrines/temples

Fucked: Everybody else
>>
>>14630759
Do fairies even eat humans? If not, I'd just go hang out with them. I don't think they are capable of killing humans, right?
>>
>>14641629
The three mischievous fairies canonically led people to fall off cliffs.
>>
>>14640639
Rumia is a really nice girl!

http://exhentai.org/g/890105/778f202be9/
>>
>>14638349
>[Drunken japanese]
>Oh no, he speaks the osakan dialect
>>
File: 1453230690287.jpg (883 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1453230690287.jpg
883 KB, 1600x1200
>>14640639
Do you love Rumia enough to let her eat you if she was really really hungry?
>>
>>14633386
They can at least read it if material from the outside is being purchased by ordinary people
>>
Began impregnating all the female 2hus and increase their birthrate.
>>
>>14646295
nnnnnnnnope.
>>
>>14646814
Not even one bodypart? Maybe a part you have no use for anyways?
>>
>>14646630
>>
>>14646763
Do non-animal youkai have viable wombs, or wombs at all?

Wouldn't youkai need to have some kind of breeding restrictions due to their incredible lifespans?
>>
File: Rumia.full.1469242.jpg (198 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Rumia.full.1469242.jpg
198 KB, 600x600
>>14646295
sometimes true love means not giving that person everything they desire
>>
>>14646836
If I see her, I'll give her a Slim Jim or something. I'm rather attached to all of my body parts.
>>
>>14647203
You are so mean anon. You are a bully!
>>
>>14646936
The power of Cock(s) triump over all.
>>
>>14647834
Someone post the image.
>>
>>14640249
But being around her would probably get you killed
>>
File: anime question girl.jpg (109 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
anime question girl.jpg
109 KB, 500x500
But once you get into Gensokyo, evade the malicious youkai and make it to the human village, what will you do?
Live a boring life of being a backwater villager?
Find a Magician like Alice or Byakuren to study under?
Wait for a powerful youkai to appear in the village and plead to them to be their buttmonkey servant or shikigami?
Find Sakuya or Reisen and ask for a job at Koumakan or Eientei?
Try to find Reimu or Sanae and become a priest?
Become a filthy Taoist or Buddhist?
>>
>>14654208
That's the thing, living in Gensokyo without making any youkai friends would be really fucking boring

I'd say going out and trying to find friendly youkai would be worth the risk of being eaten
>>
I wonder if Sanae would find it comforting to have someone to speak with about the outside world who actually understands it
>>
>>14654208
A job at SDM is the most stable, if you can overcome the hurdle of getting enough of Remi's attention to get the job.

Studying under a magician is fine too, but anything else else is boring.
>>
>>14654208
Try to become a hermit, celestial endgame is the only worthwhile pursuit.
>>
>>14654208
It's fucking Gensokyo. With enough effort even a ordinary human can achieve powers similar to a deity if they wanted to.
>>
>>14654788
Unless you get cockblocked by a shrine maiden or by the youkai's secret services
>>
>>14652172
i will be near her in safe distance
>>
>>14654788
In the real world, with enough effort an ordinary human can become the President, but it's not a realistic option for most people.
>>
>>14657069
They don't care unless you're being a bother. Just be a good neighbor and you can pretty much do whatever you want.
>>
>>14657217
That applies to the real world, though.
>>
>>14657792
>just be a good snack
Ftfy
>>
>>14654208
Rape fairies every day.

>>14654310
Try for this too so I can rape the maids(fairies)

Just look at how every article about them mentions about capturing them
http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Perfect_Memento_in_Strict_Sense/Fairy
http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Perfect_Memento_in_Strict_Sense/Lily_White
http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Perfect_Memento_in_Strict_Sense/Sunny_Milk
http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Perfect_Memento_in_Strict_Sense/Luna_Child
http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Perfect_Memento_in_Strict_Sense/Star_Sapphire
It's like ZUN wants you to go out and use them as onaholes.

Except his daughter, of course.
http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Perfect_Memento_in_Strict_Sense/Cirno
>sleeping defenselessly
>sleeping sloppily
>Since she can freeze things she touches instantly, refrain from touching her even if she is asleep.
>>
>>14657217
No, normal people won't reach the top no matter how hard they try.
>>
>>14657925
>Except his daughter
Is she really his daughteru though? If she was, why did he make the shity meme clown the strongest fairy?
>>
>>14657806
>>14659259
>backwater half-Kenyan from an island in the middle of nowhere is the president of the country with highest GDP
>>
>>14659267
Strongest fairy is Clownpiece though
>>
>>14659267
I don't see C.Piece with her own game or defeating Marisa.
>>
>>14659306
Hey I live on that island!
>>
>>14659469
I hear someone said he said she was strongest. Meaning it's canon.
No man would ignore his daughter for a meme character.
Or is this all a setup for fairywars 2?
>>
I don't think the SDM would be as safe as some anons here are implying, since it is an established fact that Remilia eats human meat and drinks "red tea".

A good bet in the long term would be to try and become a hermit. On one hand youkai will want to eat you but on the other hand if you train enough you should be able to defend yourself.
>>
>>14659542
Technically Clownpiece is a hell fairy so in a way Cirno is still the strongest.
>>
>>14659542
>She's weak against fire from torches and other objects too hot to touch.
>If you're holding a torch to start with she probably won't go near.
Although in GFW, she could freeze fireballs in place, so it'd be an interesting fight.

>>14659607
If you want to be technical, Clownpiece is just temporarily powered up while Cirno is naturally strong.
>>
>>14659652
>Clownpiece is just temporarily powered up
How do you know that it's temporary?
>>
File: image.jpg (3 KB, 300x57) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 KB, 300x57
>>14659720
Why wouldn't it be? Are you suggesting there's a bunch of souped up fairies partying in hell right now?
>>
File: file.png (761 KB, 1135x448) Image search: [Google]
file.png
761 KB, 1135x448
>>14650290
This?
>>
>>14659837
Bingo.
>>
>>14659306
>being this bluepilled
Just end yourself.

>>14659578
Why would Remi eat her own loyal servants when she can get other humans for mealtime? You don't see her eating Sakuya.
>>
>>14661339
He's probably talking about Sakuya just capturing you when you stumble upon the SDM and feeding you to the ojou-sama.
>>
>>14654208
I must acquire more power! No, not some petty mockery of the concept of "power" such as politics or money or the power over others, no! I will go beyond mortality! Terms such as "hermit" or "youkai" are not befitting of the power I will hold, such that I will set a new standard of what it means to be immortal! Nothing can harm me! Nothing can stop me! All their evil intent, their malicious agenda will be nothing but a waste of time! Away, away, bringers of misery! Forever shall Gensokyo be under my eyes! No need for disciples, no need for equals for this spot at the height of all beings is mine alone! And so I will witness all that will come to pass, of all things inside and out, without nary a feeling of suspect from all mortals and immortals living through their basal senses, through times smooth and rough till all traces of anything shall disappear! Through the ages I shall enjoy and appreciate whatever there is to, with all the beings that surround me and share whatever goodness that I bring from my journeys! And when the sun dies, I shall shield whatever is left of this forsaken rock from its deathly embrace! I will journey amongst the stars to find a new home for this planet even if there is nothing left!
>>
>>14659578
>>14661415
>"I was wounded and could barely move, but someone from the Scarlet Devil Mansion helped me and let me lodge in. They call it the Devil's Mansion, but she was unexpectedly kind. However, there wasn't anything much to eat, and since it was very noisy during the night, I couldn't sleep, so I ran away as soon as I could." (Anonymous)

http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Perfect_Memento_in_Strict_Sense/Remilia_Scarlet
>>
>>14659578
In terms of self-defense, we might be overlooking the spell card system.
>>
- Wake up in Gensokyo
- Survive the first night under a rock without moving a finger.
- Reach the human village under safety of the day.
- 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups and 100 squats along with running 10 km every single day.
- Do it for about 3 years.
- Get a new haircut
- Becomes Gensokyo's new ruler and beat the shit out of Yukari..
>>
>>14662041
t. privileged gensokyo native

You'd be a human cake before you knew what hit ya.
>>
>>14661339
>being bluepilled means believing you won't achieve what you want because muh conspiracies
Back to /pol/, autist.
>>
>>14663269
If you walked into Gensokyo and said you were a youkai, would anyone be able to call your bluff?
>>
>>14663895
Beast type youkais should be able to tell because of smell
>>
>>14663954
What if you make up some shit about being a proto-human demigod from Atlantis? By confusing them with a bunch of detailed stories from our world you might even convince them that you aren't a normal human.
>>
>>14662832
I hate this fanbase so much. OMPfags or Jojofags, not sure which is the worst.
>>
>>14664121
>Jojofags
ZUN is a Jojofag. If you hate Jojofags, you hate Touhou.
>>
>>14664027
The less intelligent ones may attack you by instinct, and the more intelligent ones may not believe
>>
>>14664216
Zun isnt obnoxious about it.
>>
>>14664411
What's more obnoxious than basing characters off it and having them quote it?

Are people just liking things that you don't like?
>>
>>14664420
>What's more obnoxious than basing characters off it and having them quote it?
Crossover bullshit. It doesnt help they are anime only fags, as Jojo wasnt half as popular/talked about until the anime happened.
>>
File: 1388210039423.png (194 KB, 379x406) Image search: [Google]
1388210039423.png
194 KB, 379x406
>>14664411
>>14664420
>>14664481
Could we not fight?
We had such a beautiful thread going.
>>
Wouldn't you be pretty fucked if you ran into anyone from old hell?

Even the surface youkai think they're a bunch of pricks.
>>
>>14664481
The anime happened in the 90s and yes it was.

>>14664598
You would have to go into old hell to run into them.
>>
>>14664598
>>14664666
No human would get past Parsee if they tried to get into Old Hell.
Unless your waifu is Parsee like me
>>
>>14664793
Thems fightin' words
>>
>>14664252
I bet I could trick that dumb girl Rumia.
>>
>>14664598
I would like to drink with Yuugi. She is probably a really fun girl to be around
>>
>>14634608
Japan is a Pacific island dumbass.
>>
>>14667278
Well she is one of the 4 idiots...
>>
>>14667278
>>14669629
Would you be able to beat her up using raw strength?
>>
>>14672963
I don't think so, she is a youkai, not a fairy so she should be stronger than humans
>>
>>14673036
Doesn't mean she's more durable though.
>>
>>14673036
What if you had a knife?
>>
>>14673281
What are you gonna do, stab her?
>>
>>14673309
Would it work? I figure she would just regenerate
>>
>>14630759

How are you going to punch a flying fairy?
>>
>>14657925

I'm pretty sure the "vent your anger on her" part in not about raping.

If some human was running around raping fairies somebody would act. Quite likely a nature youkai like Yuuka. So good luck.
>>
>>14659837

I like how this whole 2hu rape thing became so ridiculous even doujin artists are joking about it.
>>
>>14673371
A hefty stick would probably be better than a knife.
Your goal here is to stun/disorient her and run away, not defeat her in mortal combat.
>>
>>14673634
Why the fuck would Yuuka or any youkai care? They probably eat fairies for snacks.
>>
>>14673590
> I doubt you are strong enough to resist my punch
>>
>>14673911
Just don't go near a floating darkness blob
>>
>>14673036
Put all that pent-up anger and salt into that punch, i can testify that it works wonderfully.
>>
I'd find Rinnosuke and run into his big warm arms
>>
>>14633092
Of course one good slap on the back and your bones are shattered.

>>14633371
You'll just pay with blood. Just hope you don't even have disorders to make your blood taste bad.

Also isn't Medicine and Yamame probably the worst ways to go as Medicine just kills you with chemical weapons (look up some of the effects until death and just realize you're getting that) and Yamame just gives you all sorts of wonderful diseases until you taste just right.

>>14634192
On the mountain a random outsider might just get grabbed and dumped on Moriya turf (if not eaten first) Since it's just convenient to dump trash on the Moriya's it's fun.
>>
>>14675714
>Also isn't Medicine and Yamame probably the worst ways to go
Don't forget Seija.
>>
>>14633231
>>14633285
>>14633293
now that would be an interesting story
>>
if you found reimu/marisa and could speak japanese you could ask them to take you to kourindou, and sell you outside stuff, or charge to teach rinnosuke about them
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 600x599) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 600x599
>>14677049
>eh, how'd ya know about kourindou?
>>
>>14677081
If you have you laptop with you to show them how, what would they reactions be to touhou stuff?
>>
>>14677081
>uh, I heard from a guy that a cool shop exists around
>>
>>14632036
HIGH WAY THROUGH THE DANGER ZONE!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzQ3eBerHfM
>>
>>14634791
I'd find Okuu, Yuyoko, Kanoko, Patchy, Post Peubrty Remilia, Moku, and Alice.
>>
>>14662832
I laughed so hard I died.
>>
File: 1452114667562.png (76 KB, 419x296) Image search: [Google]
1452114667562.png
76 KB, 419x296
>>14677526

AYYYY

FINALLY SOMEONE GOT ME

I LOVE YOU ANON
>>
>>14630571
Safe: Mokou, Byakuren, Futo, Miko, Reimu?
Fucked: Any Youkai without a gun or a bible.
>>
>>14633231
"Oi! You yokai show me a map or I'll pepper spray you!"
>The Yokai turn its head towards the unknown human. Its not Asian in the slightest which is rare and its yelling in a weird language.
>The yokai slowly fucks off because it can't understand the unknown human and it might be dangerous.
>>
>>14678264
A lot more likely you'd be found by a feral/non-"human" youkai
>>
File: ThGSCover.jpg (58 KB, 355x500) Image search: [Google]
ThGSCover.jpg
58 KB, 355x500
While a bit old by now... in Perfect Memento in Strict Sense, Hieda no Akyuu lists most of the characters to having normal or better "Human friendship level"

Rumia, Letty, Medicine, Remilia, Flandre are the only ones listed as low or worse

Mystia is also listed as poor, which is strange since she runs a foodstand that humans visit, but might be cause the only humans that visit her is Akyuu, Reimu, and Marisa

Yuuka is listed as worst, but that was surposedly Akyuu's own fear of her, and she had never talked with her.
>>
>>14678296
>Perfect Memento in Strict Sense
Still need to check out Symposium of Post-mysticism btw
>>
>>14678310
or just link the charts
http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Perfect_Memento_in_Strict_Sense#Danger.2FFriendship_Level_Summary
http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Symposium_of_Post-mysticism#Danger.2FFriendship_Level_Summary
>>
>>14654208
Spread Christianity and educate the Human Villagers. If a nature spirit that thinks its a god tries to get in my way I will ask Yaweh to deck them.
>>
>>14630571

This totally looks like something from blade and soul.
>>
File: chart.jpg (96 KB, 973x925) Image search: [Google]
chart.jpg
96 KB, 973x925
>>14630571

PMiSS and SoPM are supposed to be quite accurate, right?

Regardless if you're lucky you can get the wonderful Yukari~n to break down the borders between your languages or something, so that you don't have to suffer the pains of not knowing archaic Japanese.
>>
>>14673309
Nah, if she attacks me I will do everything I can to incapacitate her. Aside from spell card rules, flying and darkness I don't see why I can't overpower someone like Rumia. Its a 190 lb average build man vs 45-55 lb Little Girl. Unless she is like sukia and is stronger than she appears.
>>
>>14673281
Gonna have a bad time
>>
How effective is an assault rifle against Yokai?
>>
>>14678702
Assult Rifle + Youkai = Dead Youkai

Assult Rifle + Yukari = Bullets get gaped into you

Assult Rifle + Aya = Aya dodges every bullet

Assult Rifle + Marisa = Double Dead Marisa
>>
>>14678640
she is stronger than she looks, youkais strength isn't related to their build, see shinmyoumaru...
>>
> You will never sit down and drink beers while hunting Yokai like they're deer.
> You will never put a salt circle around your tree to make sure they can't get anywhere near you if they spot you by chance
> You will never mass murder weak Yokai and use their flesh to feed the human village with it as hamburgers
Life is suffering.
>>
>>14680530
I wish I could hunt down secondaries instead.
>>
>>14678296
>Rumia, Letty, Medicine, Remilia, Flandre are the only ones listed as low or worse
Remi is polite though and generlaly civil. I dont understand her low friendship level.
Letty I dont understand, why does she hate humans?
Medicine is dissapointing, but even if she liked you she would hurt you on accident. I am putting her low level down to difficulty controling powers.
>>
File: huges.jpg (151 KB, 850x700) Image search: [Google]
huges.jpg
151 KB, 850x700
>>14680806
>tfw you will never hug Medicine
why live
>>
>>14680806
>Remi is polite though and generlaly civil.

To the strong.

>Medicine is dissapointing, but even if she liked you she would hurt you on accident. I am putting her low level down to difficulty controling powers.

Read the info about her (dialogues and written works), she's grudge incarnate, she was born for that reason alone in the first place.
>>
>>14680820
Maybe Eirin can give you something.

>>14680832
>To the strong.
>"I was wounded and could barely move, but someone from the Scarlet Devil Mansion helped me and let me lodge in. They call it the Devil's Mansion, but she was unexpectedly kind. However, there wasn't anything much to eat, and since it was very noisy during the night, I couldn't sleep, so I ran away as soon as I could." (Anonymous)
He/she didnt sound very strong when they found this person.

>>14680832
>Read the info about her (dialogues and written works), she's grudge incarnate, she was born for that reason alone in the first place.
But I havent done anything to her. I think I could befriend her. Maybe visit her with Alice.
>>
>>14680530
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>14680870
Maybe that was Sakuya or Meiling.
Meiling is known for being pretty kind and cheerful.
>>
>>14679262
shinmyoumaru is a final boss not a relatively weak stage 1 boss.
>>
>>14634791

>>>14681365 I made a thread just for this
>>
File: keep on honkin.gif (240 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
keep on honkin.gif
240 KB, 540x540
>>14634624
>>14634682
honking ahead
>>
>>14681178
But she is small. Anon was saying he could beat rumia just because she is lighter than him
>>
>>14680870
>Maybe Eirin can give you something.
Speaking of Eirin, would she even have a cure for disabilities like being deaf? My number one priority would be to somehow convey that fact and get to Eientei to have it treated.
>>
>>14681786
No its not just that. She does not apear very muscular and her bones are smaller than mine. I don't see why I cant break her if I absolutely needed to.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.