[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /jp/ enjoy osu?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: OSU_604x423.jpg (76 KB, 604x423) Image search: [Google]
OSU_604x423.jpg
76 KB, 604x423
Does /jp/ enjoy osu?
>>
I do from time to time but I'm not /jp/
>>
It's fun if you are there to play Standard, CTB or Taiko in multiplayer.
The Mania mode, unless you are a casual player just passing by, sucks. There are better alternatives like Stepmania, O2Jam and Lunatic Rave 2 if you really want to learn VSRGs (Vertical Scrolling Rhythm Games).
>>
standard is where it shines. the rest is complete shit added on to appease a larger audience. the admin/mod team also might be the worst in gaming history.
>>
>>14610813
All the modes are bad, but standard is the fucking worst.
>requiring use of something other than a keyboard
>using a mouse or tablet ever
Confirmed for plebs
>>
ctb and taiko are the only good modes
even then taiko pales in comparison to emulating it
>>
Shitty scoring, shitty weeb music, autistic community
>>
>>14610577
Osu is malware.
>>
>>14610577
I like it but I greatly suck at it.
>>
I used to play osu a lot and have some lingering affection for the gameplay, but I hate the community and mostly just resent all the time I put into the game. I'm happy that I quit.

Also, osu! doesn't belong on /jp/
>>
>>14610831
maybe for people with shit hand eye
>>
>>14610577
>wonders wtf this Osu! is evryone is going on about.
>look up a vid
>it turns out to be a weeaboo rip off of DJ Max Technica Tune you play with a mouse instead of a touch screen.

Why the fuck is this popular?
>>
>>14611488
Because no one wants to buy a gay ass Vita
>>
Someone told me it's good micro practice for SC2 and ended up playing more Osu than SC2.
>>
>>14611488
Yes, and the Titanic incident copied the Titanic movie.

Osu! for PC is a ripoff of "Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan", a DS game, not whatever Vita shovelware you're talking about.

Now kindly go back to /v/, as this thread wasn't bad enough since Osu! sucks ass.
>>
File: 1407137279894.jpg (24 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1407137279894.jpg
24 KB, 640x480
>>14611654
>DJ Max Shovelware
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (97 KB, 796x717) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
97 KB, 796x717
>osu sucks and is for weebs
>>
My hand hurts from all the clicking so not as much as I used to.
>>
I want /v/ to leave.
>>
>>14610577
No, it's shit.

Standard mode is its strongest suit, and it's still shit.

Mania is a horrible O2Jam ripoff.

CTB isn't even a rhythm game.

Inconsistent timing windows, offsets, approach speeds, circle sizes, lifebar difficulties, and so on are all bullshit.

Combo based scoring is bullshit.

The fact that a rhythm game puts so little emphasis on actual rhythm accuracy is bullshit.

Overmapping shit to 400bpm streams is bullshit.

And that's only concerns with the game, not the awful charters/community.

I'm going to stick with IIDX.
>>
File: 1452590143854.jpg (61 KB, 431x450) Image search: [Google]
1452590143854.jpg
61 KB, 431x450
>>14611654
>DJ Max
>Shovelware
>>
>>14612954
>Overmapping shit to 400bpm streams is bullshit
Now I know the game is trash anyways but I haven't seen any of this
>>
File: 1436958200002.jpg (412 KB, 1023x724) Image search: [Google]
1436958200002.jpg
412 KB, 1023x724
Most people don't like it because they come in expecting it to be like their track based rhythm games and get something completely different, then they get frustrated and quit when they realize they have to start at square 1
>>
>>14610577
Have you ever been to a rhythm game general?
>>
>>14610577
I liked the original games more.
>>
Considering how terrible rhythm games in general actually are, I'll just stick to the one that has music I actually like.
>>
>>14610577
I play, but I'm terrible. I can't do much above 4-4.5*
>>
It's fun from time to time, but that's it.

Don't take it as anymore than that and it's a lot more enjoyable. Especially if you don't bother with ranks or AR numbers.
>>
>>14610626
>The Mania mode sucks
Not if you edit the overall difficulty and drain rate to 10 and use hard rock.
>>
I'm bad at most rhythm games, but I'm even worse at osu.
>>
yes, but I'm pretty sure it killed my arms
>>
>>14610849
>even then taiko pales in comparison to emulating it
As a fairly good (official/arcade) taiko player who spent a bit of time on osu's taiko mode and taiko sanjirou, I would beg to differ. Most songs are horribly mapped, done obviously for keyboard players who never got to taste arcade experience, and the feature to play with a tatacon sucks and suffers from both input and audio/visual delay.
>>
>>14616389
I hate how all the good 2hu doujin music has boring hard diffs and then some retarded jump to 6+ star insanes, I just want to play something moderately challenging and have FUN
>>
>>14619608
Just make a script and download every beatmaps tagged touhou, then search in game with proprieties you want.
>>
osu isn't even jp. some australian made it.
>>
>>14620459
The original games for the DS were Japanese though.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.