[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dat feel when the future is now. There's no need to lea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6
File: greasyfingernail.jpg (41 KB, 900x643) Image search: [Google]
greasyfingernail.jpg
41 KB, 900x643
Dat feel when the future is now. There's no need to learn Japanese anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6ngM0LHxuU
>>
Neat. I wonder what power source they run on.
>>
Also, the video probably should've noted it allows for Japanese to English as well.
>>
File: FFFUUUCCKKKK.jpg (21 KB, 329x329) Image search: [Google]
FFFUUUCCKKKK.jpg
21 KB, 329x329
>all those cuties giggling at his compliments
>>
>>14602443
Well....IT IS an amazing piece of technology.
If it actually works the way it is being promoted that is.

But, I dunno. Its a fun gimmick for tourists at best. Get on your ass and learn japanese properly.
>>
Fucking Chads.
>>
>>14602443
How did he not get arrested for being a creepy rapist?
>>
>>14602521

>/r9k/
>>
>>14602522
Because the entire thing is staged, obviously.
>>
Didn't their last invention just plain not work? The ring thing?
>>
>>14602443
every Japanese will tell you to fuck off, taking how they treasure learning their language.
Janny pls clean this trash
>>
>>14602547
I imagine this must be a scam, because I don't see how this could work better than a smartphone app running the same algorithms and databases,
>>
>>14602493
More like nervous giggling because they're scared.
>>
>>14602556

Yeah I'm going to wait and see until it comes out and how well it works for people first. It does several languages not just Japanese so it can come in handy if it actually works.
>>
This is staged and it's still cringe. Even if it was real and you go into the country using it you look like a retarded ape who didn't bother to learn the language.
>>
File: 1436952245_1ea8b853d7_b.jpg (182 KB, 1024x689) Image search: [Google]
1436952245_1ea8b853d7_b.jpg
182 KB, 1024x689
This is the best chance most of you losers have. You'll never be able to live the dream like pic related. Stay mad weebs.
>>
Am I supposed to believe that they out of nowhere, created a machine translator that somehow beats the accumulated efforts of every other machine translator over the ages. Several times over?
That's just impossible. If they had the technology to make an accurate machine translator of this level, they would be able to make advanced AIs and they wouldn't be making shitty little neckstrap things to sell to tourists. They would be making deals with governments all over the world and take computing to the next level.
>>
Embarrassing retards in this thread that shit on something that can remove barriers and help create communication and exchange of culture and instead want people to learn the dozens of languages spoken around the world instead of helping to unify them instead

Just shameful
>>
>>14603936
It is pre-recorded messages anon
>>
That's the fakest thing I've ever seen.
>>
>>14604039
He'll sell it and only later will people realise it is terrible.
>>
>>14602443
It probably wont work for me at all because bad mexicunt accent.
>>
They made this before:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBUWxROnqwA

They are in the business of making shitty products for people with big dreams
>>
>>14604066
eh, looks pointless in the first place but that guy is hamhanding it so hard to exaggerate
>>
It's not out of reach. But still some ways off.
Anyway I wouldn't trust this company to pull it off.

I don't like the ad but that's because I'm prude.
>>
>>14602443
What an awful was to promote a product. Might as well have put "GONE SEXUAL" in the title
>>
>>14602598
>tfw you will never have a rich father who supports your autistic hobbies
>>
File: 1428558091524.jpg (104 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
1428558091524.jpg
104 KB, 1440x810
>>14602443
Why not just make it into an app?
Did they make the entire device so that they can overpriced it?
>>
>>14605975
(Social Experiment)
>>
>>14602443
Enjoy your shitty worse-than-google-translate actual product after having fallen for a viral campaign with highly likely pre-recorded messages, OP.

>>14604028
If you want to unify the world, make people learn a global language (like the one you're using right now, or an attempt like Esperanto), or actually make an advanced AI that can do the things the literal Babel fish can do (protip: we're not there yet).
Don't sell scammy products through viral marketing to gullible retards lazy enough to believe and eat this shit up.

>>14606147
If it were an app people would demand a demo for review, etc. If you put up the silly excuse of having it "entwined" with the hardware then you can avoid such reviews because you know your product sucks until product release and people have to buy it.
>>
>>14606212
>If you want to unify the world, make people learn a global language (like the one you're using right now

We tried, people like to cling to their own languages even when English is the international business language.
>>
>>14606278
m-muh culture
>>
>>14606316
Well, it is kind of nice to be able to go to some 2000 year old monument in bum-fuck China and mostly understand what it is talking about.

Like, the people living there now actually share a cultural link going back at least a few hundred years, while New Worlders and Modernists just don't have it.
>>
>>14606212
The problem with global language is that certain languages are better at certain things. Japanese for instance has god-tier phonetics.
>>
>>14606316
>>14606971

No one said they had to unlearn their language. But if all international trade is done in english, it's in your best interest to learn it
>>
>>14606278
They just need to do with English whatever the metric system guys did to force their system on the world.
>>
>>14607282

Be French?
>>
>>14604039
For you.
>>
English sounds like ass, I don't mind writing and reading it but I hate listening to it. Get a better international language if you want to replace other languages.
>>
>>14610639
I don't think it's about replacing. but having something ib common.

I've said it before, bilingual world. Local language to maintain culture, and global like esperanto to do away the language barrier. It's utopia, but anyone can learn two languages so long ad you start early.
>>
>>14610639
>English sounds like ass
I do not agree.
I think it sounds very cool, and so do many others.
>>
>>14605980
>you will never be melonpan
>>
>>14611441
Well, quite a lot of people have no taste unfortunately.
Majority knows that English is a pretty ugly bastard language.
>>
All those buttblasted weebs and women, my god.
>>
>>14602443
>believe in this scam
No, you still need go to learn Japanese, you little bastard.
>>
File: 1440147116238.png (66 KB, 299x390) Image search: [Google]
1440147116238.png
66 KB, 299x390
>UPDATE: In light of viewer feedback, we would like to clarify that the women in this video are all actresses; no one was forced to act against their will in any way.
>>
>>14617251
They want controversy to drive the advertisement of the product.
Basically they get outrage from social media and all the free publicity at very little cost.

I have no idea if it has worked because I don't give a fuck about normalfags crying on their blogs and twitters.
>>
While this particular device is a scam, 'universal translators' are currently within current technological possibilities.
They will not fit inside a little thing though.

Take siri or other voice recognition software found in phones, they work by sending the audio to be processed in a hugeass server slash supercomputer, then send the results back.
There's no reason why you can't get a device that records the audio, sends it to be processed, translates it and then sends it back.

Speech parsing is current tech.

That said, the automatic translations are likely to be awful, but they're better than nothing.
>>
kuso thread
>>
>>14613168
>>14610639
What's a good one? Not those shitty romance languages, I hope. Far eastern and middle eastern ones can piss right off too.
>>
>>14606278
English is a restrictive newspeak piece of shit language.

>>14606316
Clapistanese people don't have one, you wouldn't understand.
>>
>>14618655
English isn't an invention of, nor solely spoken by USAns.
>>
Google has stupid amounts of money and man power that they can just throw at anything, and it's translations suck for anything more than single words. This thing isn't any better.

Get off your lazy ass and learn a damn language. If you actually try for at least a year you won't be fluent but you can become conversational. I and many others have, and it's fine. I'm just barely conversational, and actually trying yourself will have more charm and impact than using google or anything else.

The idea of using technology over yourself for communication is trash.
>>
>>14619198
How do you become conversational? I can read a lot but I can't form sentences well myself.
>>
>>14622189
You have to talk with people and actually study the vocabulary and grammar, then try to use it. If you don't have the opportunity for a conversation partner, just try talking out loud, and listening to drama or whatever to get the listening practice.
>>
>>14618655

Last I checked the USA isn't the reason English is the internation business language, because we're not the ones who used to control half the world.
>>
File: 1433998289983.jpg (14 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1433998289983.jpg
14 KB, 250x250
>>14602443
EPIC KISSING PRANK GONE WRONG GONE SEXUAL! {IN JAPAN]!!!1!1

t. Sam Pepper
>>
>>14606209
2016 (real, must see!)
>>
>>14602443
I don't feel like watching the video, but how accurate are these?
>>
>>14624623
According to the video, which they've outright said was entirely made with actors, it's an incredibly accurate, professional-level translation that also detects the gender and rough age of your voice to add appropriate grammar not present in the original soundbite on the fly.

Alternatively, in the fake video filled with fake people and a fake pre-prototype device, they just faked the translations, which would be incredibly easy to do.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.