[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's vote, /jp/! http://tohovote12.b12.coreserver.jp /form/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 57
Let's vote, /jp/!

http://tohovote12.b12.coreserver.jp/form/
>>
Like ZUN, at first I cared a lot about these polls, now I just don't give a fuck.
>>
voted
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-10+at+11.06.37).png (19 KB, 845x789) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-10+at+11.06.37).png
19 KB, 845x789
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-10+at+02.21.57).png (17 KB, 398x638) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-10+at+02.21.57).png
17 KB, 398x638
>Not voting for Large Fairy, Flame Cat Phosphorus, Nameless of real reading specter, Nuclear heat concrete god, orange, or 4 seasons SA Grand Theft Auto Mod.
>>
>>14600515
Wayq?
>>
What happened, /jp/? You were always so active during these polls. Are you still butthurt that Reimu lost her first place?

Character votes:
● Komeiji Satori
● Reikarasu-ro sky
● Drizzle Marisa
● Alice Margatroid
● Remilia Scarlet
● Komeiji Koishi
● Rare God Sagume
To be honest Sagume doesn't make it into my top 7, but I still voted for her. She is new and maybe success in this popularity poll will make artists to pay more attention to her.

Music votes:
● Sakuya's EOSD theme
● U.N.Owen
● PCB stage 3 theme
● Border of Life
● Necrofantasia
● Love Coloured Master Spark
● 3rd eye
● Nuclear Fusion
● SA extra stage theme
● Tiny 2hu's theme
I wanted to vote for Marisa's extra theme from Seihou Project, but I was too afraid to accidentally vote for IaMP's arrangement (which is the worse arrangement ever).
>>
Reimu is going to be on top again

Clownpiece will be 8th place or higher
>>
Wait am I supposed to put in the ID?
>>
>>14602193
You need to register on http://tohovote12.b12.coreserver.jp/form/id_issue.php to get voting ID sent on your email.
>>
eh I don't have high hopes after Koishi got the first place last time, but hopefully someone else will(probably Reimu) win first place this year again.

I think that Koishi might even not make it to top 5 this time.
>>
>>14600515
>Nameless of real reading specter
Is that supposed to be Youmu?

Out-hipster me:
Seija
Junko
Miko
Sanae
Aya
Maribel and Renko

The Shining Needle Castle Sinking in the Air
Cheat Against the Impossible Danmaku
Thunderclouds of Magical Power
Loose Rain
Spring Lane ~ Colorful Path (PoFV)
The Gods Give Us Blessed Rain ~ Sylphid Dream
Days (LLS bad ending theme)
Izanagi Object
Eternal Shrine Maiden (DiPP)
Gathering the Mysterious from All Around Japan
I thought of adding some LoLK tracks, but wanted to give votes for unpopular tracks I like. Magician's Melancholy got left out, sadly.
>>
File: Vote.png (63 KB, 824x2184) Image search: [Google]
Vote.png
63 KB, 824x2184
How did I do?
>>
>>14602353
I'm guessing that would be Tokiko.
>>
how do you get your ID? I can't figure it out
>>
>>14603089
The top link.

Then you enter your email adress in the top column and the captcha in the bottom column. You can skip the middle one.
>>
>>14603105
Oh okay, I was stuck on what to put in the middle one, thanks
>>
>>14603120
You're going to need some help when you get to the voting page, too. Here's the result of a few seconds in google translate: http://pastie.org/10682768
>>
File: 1416798048142.jpg (132 KB, 1200x1000) Image search: [Google]
1416798048142.jpg
132 KB, 1200x1000
>>14603186
>Four Seasons Utsuhime-SA Grand Theft Auto San Andreas MOD
>>
>>14603089
English guide: http://imgur.com/a/icpc4
>>
File: CYWsMg8UoAAUgP8.png:large.png (57 KB, 882x750) Image search: [Google]
CYWsMg8UoAAUgP8.png:large.png
57 KB, 882x750
>>14602141
>She is new and maybe success in this popularity poll will make artists to pay more attention to her.

I don't think it works that way, but boy, we are sure going to find out.
>>
>>14602141
It's less Reimu didn't make first and more fucking Koishi of all people took first.
>>
https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,19185.0.html
Here are more translations and general information. Voter questionnaire is fully translated.
>>
File: Capturess.png (23 KB, 771x635) Image search: [Google]
Capturess.png
23 KB, 771x635
Forgot to take screenshot of music list.
● Master Spark
● Parsee theme
● Komachi theme
● MGMG theme
● Reimu theme
● IN stage 4
● Eirin theme
● Yamame theme
● Tenko theme
● Remillia theme
>>
File: 52318866_p0.jpg (3 MB, 2677x2515) Image search: [Google]
52318866_p0.jpg
3 MB, 2677x2515
>>14604414
>Sagume has more votes than Clownpiece
What is this, proxy magic?
>>
Is it possible to get multiple ID's by using different E-mails or do they have anything to prevent you from doing things like that? Like IP checks or such.
>>
reposting from the duplicate thread:

1. u~
2. youkai jesus
3. mc roll
4. my bones
5. 17 years old girl
6. hungry ghost
7. bumpkin yukari

Now, I like Mamizou more than Flandre, but I can't let the Scarlet sisters be apart. And voting for Mima is solely to keep the meme alive. The other votes are all legit.

As for music:
1. septette
2. u. n. owen
3. emotional skyscrapper
4. border of life (yuyuko's last spell)
5. heaven as seen through a child's mind (tenshi's last spell)
6. retribution for the eternal night
7. because princess inada is scolding me
8. dream express
9. romantic children
10. faint dream, inanimate dream

Voting for music sucks, there's so many good pieces.

By the current year, votes 1 and 2 are there for political and nostalgic reasons. I refuse to let the popularity of these themes to fall, which means I had to let some awesome themes (like Mamizou stage and boss themes, Raiko's and Kokoro's boss themes) without votes.
>>
File: 1448592088472.png (49 KB, 325x303) Image search: [Google]
1448592088472.png
49 KB, 325x303
I actually wrote in commentary for every character that I voted on. How autistic does that make me?
>>
>>14605703
No, nothing. Though they check votes if they see any kind of abnormal results.

>>14605897
I hope they are in english. I love reading all the english comments when results are posted.
>>
1. Cirno
2. Medicine
3. Sekibanki
4. Shizuha
5. Hatate
6. Suika
7. Marisa

My main problem with the character polls is I love everyone pretty much the same. I can pick 7 right now and if you asked me again in a few minutes it will change. I pretty much spent half my votes on characters I want to see more fan art of since the popularity poll bring so much art. I'd love to see Medicine get some love and not be forgotten. I kind of want to vote for both Aki sisters but the idea that 1 suddenly gets much more popularity makes me hard and it might as well be the least popular of the sisters. Cirno gets the two points since I tend to fap to her the most if I'm being honest
>>
>>14605902

That they were. Also, this is what I voted for, although perhaps not exact order, because the line gets pretty blurry after the first three.

1. Mokou
2. Meiling
3. Aya
4. Youmu
5. Parsee
6. Komachi
7. Kanako
>>
>>14603203
How does this even happen?
>>
Aya
Sanae
Satori
Patchouli
Kasen
Reisen
Keine

Wish there were just a couple more slots. Sorry, Tenshi.
>>
1. Yukari
2. Suwako
3. Yuuka
4. Mokou
5. Sakuya
6. Marisa
7. Reimu
>>
File: Kishin.Sagume.full.1917998.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Kishin.Sagume.full.1917998.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>14605288
why not sagume is best newhu
>>
File: 59df1dc65905523115491804fc26e518.jpg (421 KB, 1077x1413) Image search: [Google]
59df1dc65905523115491804fc26e518.jpg
421 KB, 1077x1413
1. Meira
2. Parsee
3. Seija
4. Junko
5. Sanae
5. Sariel
6. Futo

Disregard Koishi, acquire PC-98. The vote was easy for me this time since I used tohosort and had all of my votes on hand.

Getting seven character votes is handy.
>>
>>14610998

>5. Sanae
>5. Sariel
>6. Futo

because apparently I have unlearned how to count.
>>
1. Seiga Nyan-Nyan
2. Rumia
3. Kyouko
4. Ringo
5. Reimu (purely an anti-Koishi vote)
>>
File: 1310947156391.png (677 KB, 713x793) Image search: [Google]
1310947156391.png
677 KB, 713x793
Yukari
Raiko
Parsee
Hecatia
Yuugi
Yatsuhashi
Suwako
>>
>>14597249
It's been years since I stopped voting, I don't see the point in it anymore.
>>
File: 54625214_p1.png (412 KB, 670x970) Image search: [Google]
54625214_p1.png
412 KB, 670x970
1. Tenshi
2. Utsuho
3. Patchouli
4. Mokou
5. Suika
6. Kokoro
7. Youmu
>>
File: Capture2.jpg (47 KB, 547x758) Image search: [Google]
Capture2.jpg
47 KB, 547x758
Bear witness to my garbage taste in music.
>>
>>14609955
>>14605288
Where are my doujins of her mindbreaking herself by saying things like "No, I don't want this!" and "It doesn't feel good at all!"?
>>
Will Kisume be the worst Windows 2hu again or will someone claim her crown of shit?
>>
>>14611627
Does anyone actually dislike Kisume? I think she's just the lowest because of obscurity and unimportance.
>>
#IStandWithSeiga
>>
1. Patchouli
2. Giant Catfish

That's all I voted for.
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-13+at+05.16.39).png (21 KB, 654x917) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-13+at+05.16.39).png
21 KB, 654x917
>>
>>14611453
Nowhere, luckily.
Also that's not how her power works, but whatever.
>>
>>14612258
I dislike her. Mostly because of that ZUN's trolling in SoPM. She's like the only 2hu who is a confirmed human killing monster. Even Flandre with her dreadful character profile doesn't harm humans for a very simple reason that she doesn't have direct contact with them (and you can extract blood without killing a person).
>>
Seeing medicine in top 20 is enough for me
>>
>>14604414
>Scarlet sandwich another year
Seriously, how does this even happen?
>>
>>14613222
with votes like >>14605886
>>
>>14612948
Yukari is confirmed as kidnapping and almost certainly killing humans too. Do you hate her?

And let's not forget Byakuren "I slaughtered an entire ship of humans to help one Youkai" Hijiri.

And Unzan tried to kill Ichirin before she countered his attack, which implies that he often did kill humans before pairing up with Ichirin.

And of course both Meiling and Patchouli talk about eating humans.

And it's heavily implied, if not outright stated, that Mokou killed a guy to get her immortality elixir. Furthermore, she went made and became "like a youkai" during the years before Kaguya resurfaced, implying that she was also a man killer at one point.

Oh yeah, and Futo murdered Soga.
>>
>>14617199
Is this trolling? Or are you really perverse everything in canon to satisfy your grimdark fantasies?

>Yukari is confirmed as almost certainly killing humans
Where does this "almost certainly" come from? It's indirectly implied that she's the one involved into luring criminals/suiciders/etc into Gensokyo. But there is no even an implication about Yukari killing people.

>I slaughtered an entire ship of humans to help one Youkai
Except she didn't kill a single human

>Unzan
Who cares about it?

>Meiling and Patchouli talk about eating humans
Except they both do not eat humans.

>Oh yeah, and Futo murdered Soga.
Except she didn't
>>
>>14617199
Patchouli was clearly just joking around with Marisa.
>>
File: 2z3pevq.jpg (45 KB, 634x861) Image search: [Google]
2z3pevq.jpg
45 KB, 634x861
>>14612971
You and I have the same goal anon. I wish she gets more art. With ke-ta's circle name being 劇毒少女 you'd think that he would draw more seraphic works of her.
>>
>>14617341
>but muh cute girls
>but muh headcanon
>>
>>14617199

>meiling
>eat humans

that's not what PMiSS says
>>
>>14617341
denial

>>14617199
You forgot to mention, Yamame in SoPM.
>>
File: ye.png (11 KB, 340x296) Image search: [Google]
ye.png
11 KB, 340x296
representing /jp/!
>>
>>14617199
>>14617341
>slaughtered an entire ship of humans
We don't know if the other people were on board the new ship or not. Byakuren specifically says "the ship that brought us here [...]" while addressing Murasa afterwards. Didn't anyone ask ZUN about this?

>Where does this "almost certainly" come from?
Her dialogue with Marisa in PCB. Something like "what kinda food were you stocking? [food name]?" "no, humans" "yeah, ok"

>And Unzan tried to kill Ichirin before she countered his attack, which implies that he often did kill humans before pairing up with Ichirin.
Unzan's entire point rests on him being changed by Ichirin, of course he killed people before if he got the chance.

>And it's heavily implied, if not outright stated, that Mokou [...] implying that she was also a man killer at one point.
The part about her murder to get the Hourai Elixir is well known, but for the rest let's remember IN's profile text: "[...] the Hourai Elixir... That was the last time she was seen in the human world.
Humans who never age can't fit into the human world, so Mokou was forced to live as a wanderer... [...] Eventually, she chose to live like a forgotten youkai in a desolate place..."
>>
>>14618195
>denial
How is it denial when everything he said is wrong. How could Byakuren slaughter everyone on ship? It was Murasa who sank it and it doesn't even imply that people died. They could easily survive on wreckages and get to the land. Or for example how Futo could murder Soga when they both committed sudoku?
>>
>>14619595
>>14617341
>Her dialogue with Marisa in PCB. Something like "what kinda food were you stocking? [food name]?" "no, humans" "yeah, ok"
More or less.
http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Perfect_Cherry_Blossom/Story/Marisa%27s_Extra

>Except she didn't kill a single human
http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Minamitsu_Murasa/Game_Profiles
>A few days later, the ship bearing the monk who'd come to defeat her approached.
>There were a few other humans besides the monk on that ship.
>She thought she'd use all her strength to threaten them.
>She thought she'd use all her strength to destroy the monk's Buddhist powers.

>But, contrary to her expectations, the monk was completely defenseless.
>She got no response from her beyond that of a normal human.
>Before she knew it, the ship was sunk, and all of the people on it were flung into the sea.

Byakuren allowed several humans to die to get Murasa on her side.

>Except they both do not eat humans.
We obviously don't see them eat humans because this isn't that sort of franchise, but
http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Perfect_Memento:_Encyclopedia:_Presence
>Just about the only thing in common between youkai is that they attack and eat humans.
Taking into consideration Occam's laser, it's safe to assume that if a youkai's diet is not mentioned, it probably consists of the norm. That said, Patchouli might not eat humans, depending on if she's performed the right magic on herself. But Meiling almost certainly does eat humans.

>Except she didn't
http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Symposium_of_Post-mysticism:_Soga_no_Tojiko
>The temporary body that she's using is a jar. She wanted to move to a new body that would never decay, but Futo switched it with an unbaked jar. After Tojiko attached her soul to it, it melted away quickly. Due to that, she remained a bourei without a physical body.
Basically Futo sabotaged her reincarnation, causing her to become a vengeful spirit. Not exactly murder, but close enough.

>Or are you really perverse everything in canon to satisfy your grimdark fantasies?
Touhou is not a grimdark setting. Almost everything dark about the series is subtle, and not in the forefront. People who exaggerate the darker elements of the series are pure cancer.
That said, people who do the opposite, pretending that Touhou is a squeaky clean series that has no darker connotations are just as bad.

It's a series about man eating monsters, of course it'll be a little dark at times.

>>14618074
>that's not what PMiSS says
>Since her meals are provided by the Scarlet Devil Mansion, she isn't a youkai to be leery of at all.
It simply says that she doesn't typically attack humans because she gets food from other sources, it doesn't state what she consumes.
>>
>>14619794
>Byakuren allowed several humans to die
allow to die =/= slaughter. She just wanted to resolve this peacefully without killing Murasa. Also flung into the sea =/= killed, people still can survive that and be picked up later. So it was a an exaggeration.

>Just about the only thing in common between youkai is that they attack and eat humans.
Have you tried to read the very next sentence about exceptions? It also says that "youkai steal crops and livestock". If you use your Occam's razor it means that Patchouli steals crops too. And that you can offer her a cow to her to save your life. It's not entirely correct to use this kind of generalisation on named 2hus, because they are only a small percentage of youkai population Gensokyo and as wee see they extremely often fall into the "exception" category.
Also in case of Pathcouli it's explicitly stated that magicians do not eat humans. At all. In case of Meiling her human eating status is unknown.

>Not exactly murder, but close enough.
Nope, not even close, that was an exaggeration. In the end Futo didn't event prevent reincarnation, Soja just didn't get a body.

>People who exaggerate the darker elements of the series are pure cancer. That said, people who do the opposite, pretending that Touhou is a squeaky clean series that has no darker connotations are just as bad.
The problem is that /jp/ divides everyone only in these two categories. So if for example someone goes into full grimdark and someone else tries to reason he is automatically considered to be a "cutefag".
>>
>>14619762
This is something about Murasa that needs to be clarified, namely in what way exactly does she sink ships. Or drowns people, for that matter. For all of A9's talk about implications of her still drowning people, we get some shit about "accidents" involving small amounts of water that might easily have been caused by the people's own incompetence (literally how "remote control stealing youkai" came to be) and a picture of her being a cheeky cunt while pouring water into a sleeping Komachi's boat.

>>14619794
>Byakuren allowed several humans to die to get Murasa on her side.
Like I said above there is no confirmation on the fate of those people. Byakuren's comment about the ship can be taken both ways (either as a mafia style "here's what happened: due to an accident the ship sank and all the other people died, you did not do it" or conciliatory "we are all fine, so your previous action will be overlooked as an 'accident'").
Thinking about the consequences of both ways of seeing the matter, we still don't get a clear picture: pacifying a youkai instead of exterminating it and giving it a boat might not sit well with everybody else involved, however there's no conceivable way for her to return alone from the middle of the sea, say "it's ok guys everyone is ded but the youkai is also ded, i survived tho lel" and still continue to be a revered person reputed to bring safety around her (how the fuck did you survive, and if you used your powers to survive then how come you didn't save anyone else? Hello, you're a Bodhisattva! You should have died a thousand deaths before letting the others die).
However the former seems more likely to me, because the Japanese term used for "extermination" in Byakuren's history (not sure if the same is used for Reimu and co) does not necessarily imply death; the word itself runs a gamut from destruction to taming (in the Buddhist sense) and it is used for example in The Journey to the West to refer to Sun Wukong's imprisonment as well as the demons rekted by Wukong. Such things as "if Byakuren did not destroy youkai, she'd be labeled evil" are baseless, but she was expected to subdue them at the very least. In Murasa's case she did not actually subdue her but granted her freedom, or tamed her. It'd be easy to pretend that a boat-driving Murasa had been subdued, however.
A9's writing should not be taken as solid fact, else you'll have to accept that aside from a very few exceptions every 2hu is a monster deep down that would like nothing better than eating or maiming you. Some of them do eat people ("eating" might also sometimes simply mean drinking some blood), but from what I gather by all the reading I did is that most fundamentally subsist on the psychological effect they exert.
>>
>>14619794
>It simply says that she doesn't typically attack humans because she gets food from other sources, it doesn't state what she consumes.

Yes, but since it's provided from the SDM, it has to be assumed that humans have to be provided one way or another, which I think Sakuya would be the only one capable of. It's never mentioned about any hostility towards in her article though.
>>
>>14619863
>It also says that "youkai steal crops and livestock".
>They do not eat only humans, but animals and birds, fish, vegetables, fruits, sake, and other things humans normally eat.
Your assuming that youkai can't or won't eat multiple things, or don't need multiple types of food to survive. That's like saying that humans can eat ice cream, so they can obviously live off an exclusive ice cream diet.

>allow to die =/= slaughter
See, that's where we disagree. I think it amounts to slaughter, more or less, since it was easily in her power to not take humans on a mission where she had planned for everyone to be thrown over board.
>Also flung into the sea =/= killed, people still can survive that and be picked up later.
That requires a ton of assumptions for a group of humans that are never mentioned again.

>Soga just didn't get a body
And she's technically dead. Unless being a spirit doesn't count as being dead for some reason.

>The problem is that /jp/ divides everyone only in these two categories. So if for example someone goes into full grimdark and someone else tries to reason he is automatically considered to be a "cutefag".
I think you're being a little bit presumptuous with that statement. Just because I'm arguing with you over how dark certain aspects of the series are, doesn't mean I'm full grimdark when it comes to Touhou. I've had arguments with people in the past over the exact opposite, even, where people claim that everything about Touhou is dark and dreadful. Touhou is a relatively light series on the surface with some dark undertones, which I think is perfect.
>>
>>14619931
Youkai do not need to eat humans to survive, they can eat any meat. So SDM can easily provide Meiling just with chicken, ham and bacon.
>>
>>14619904
>A9's writing should not be taken as solid fact
Obviously not. However, she's still knowledgeable on the subject, and to completely dismiss her opinions is just as foolish.

>else you'll have to accept that aside from a very few exceptions every 2hu is a monster deep down that would like nothing better than eating or maiming you.
Well, many of her articles explain that a good chunk of 2hus are good people who won't attack you typically (Meiling, Alice, Keine and Reisen all being good examples), and she even mentions a few youkai that are beneficial to meet (Tewi and Hina being the two examples that immediately come to mind). That said, youkai are still youkai, and generally (but not always) they eat humans. If the diet of a youkai is not specifically mentioned, it's safe to assume that they eat a typical youkai diet, including humans. Of course, that said, humans in gensokyo are protected by various rules, mostly because, as her article states, youkai need humans to survive.

>>14619931
I never said that Meiling was hostile, just that she eats human.

Also, the food is probably provided by the youkai of gensokyo, as part of the Vampire Treaty.

http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Perfect_Memento:_Encyclopedia:_Vampire
>The details of this contract are that the youkai will offer them humans from which to feed; in return, the vampires will not attack humans living in Gensokyo.
>>
>>14619958

No, I meant the hostility of Sakuya. I did not know about the treaty however, good to know.
>>
>>14619938
>youkai can't or won't eat multiple things, or don't need multiple types of food to survive
No, I was not talking about youkai and what they eat or not. I was trying to show that moving from general to specific doesn't always work. My point was that if youkai eat humans and steal crops it doesn't mean that Patchouli/Meiling eat humans and steal crops.

>where she had planned for everyone to be thrown over board
Not necessarily. Maybe she believed she can reason with Murasa before she ruins the ship. Murasa's profile say that "She got no response from her beyond that of a normal human." Which doesn't deny a possibility that Byakuren tried to stop Murasa with words.

>And she's technically dead
Futo and Miko committed sudoku so technically they are dead too.
>>
>>14612948
>Even Flandre with her dreadful character profile doesn't harm humans
Her profile that says whenever she attacked humans, she would blow them into bits without even leaving any blood behind?
>>
>>14619998
>for a very simple reason that she doesn't have direct contact with them
>>
Could you guys please stick with the thread?

Just create a new thread if you want to discuss OT stuff like that, it has nothing to do with this thread.
>>
>>14620005
>doesn't harm humans
>>
>>14620026
It's like the difference between a tiger in the jungle and a tiger in the zoo. That later one doesn't harm humans.
>>
>>14620013
My personal theory is that nobody takes the poll seriously anymore after Koishi's victory last year.
>>
>>14620058
Stay mad. Koishi deserved that win.
>>
>>14620062
Case in point.
>>
>>14619958
>If the diet of a youkai is not specifically mentioned, it's safe to assume that they eat a typical youkai diet, including humans.
There pretty much are no diet-specified youkai. And yet it has been often stated, or at least it has been stated in SoPM, that youkai in general subsist via the mutual antagonizing feelings between them and humans. Diet is never even touched upon once, and since a billion more youkai that we know nothing about than our cute girls exist, it would mean that Yukari's meat spiriting away operations should be very considerable in size, or that one guro doujin guy's Soylent Green story must be real.
Furthermore, the word youkai does not and never did designate "man-eating monsters". For example the diet of a Yamabiko is not stated, yet they sure as hell don't eat humans because they were always seen to be harmless youkai. We have important species like Tanuki who don't eat humans. And then we have all those babby tier youkai appearing in FS, as well as the modern youkai Kanako talks about, all of which also don't eat humans but feed off the mental interactions they have with them; a youkai's mind is basically its body after all.

>>14620013
TOO LATE
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate
>Japan 18.5 per 100,000 people per year

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan
>Population
>2015 estimate 126,919,659 [5] (10th)

126,191,959 / 100,000 * 18.5 = 23,480 suicides per year

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_body_weight#By_region
>Asia 57.7 kg (127.2 lb)

23,480 * 57.7 = 1,354,796 kg per year

Assuming that an average youkai needs the same amount of meat as an average Japanese person
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_meat_consumption
>Japan 45.9 kg per year

1,354,796 / 45.9 = 29,516 youkai can be fed each year without any harm to living people. And if you consider that youkai also eat animal meat this number can double or even triple. And don't forget that majority of youkai population are non-human-eating fairies. How can you say that Gensokyo has dark side when it's more peaceful when our real world?
>>
>>14620058
I stopped taking it seriously after years and years of Reimu winning.
>>
>>14620819
>It's ok to kill them because they were going to commit suicide anyway!
>>
>>14620819
You're making the funny assumption that suicidal people end up disappearing. People who are spirited away to Gensokyo and get eaten don't go on to reappear in the outside world as corpses so that people can count them. You should rather bring up a list of disappearances and people declared dead in absentia, and among them filter people whose disappearances definitively have motives tied to crime or politics.

>29,516 youkai can be fed each year without any harm to living people.
Suicidals are also living people. Thing is, it's implied that youkai that need to eat humans also need to attack them to feed both physically and mentally, so simply transporting corpses into Gensokyo is probably not what's being done. Whatever the case though no Youkai can go ahead and actively harm a Gensokyan human anyway since it's forbidden, discussions about this never concern those inside Gensokyo but those who are thrown there as bait.
>>
How do again /jp?
Participated last time but forgot how
>>
The humans on that boat were enemies of youkai.
Byakuren helping youkai is the betrayal of humanity.

The fact that Murasa and Byakuren were able to return with their boat/ship is proof enough that none of the humans survived, because if they did, word of Byakuren's betrayal would've spread and she'd be sealed a lot earlier than she was.
>>
>>14622270
Did you read >>14619904
?
>>
Sanae, Miko, Ichirin, Meiling, Hecatia, Yorihime, Rinnosuke

Forgot about Hatate...
>>
Ratio resident Tenshi
Remilia
Saint Byakuren
Shinki
Shinmyoumaru Sukuna
Hekatia
Doremi Suite
>>
>>14621717
>it's implied that youkai that need to eat humans also need to attack them to feed both physically and mentally
It's not entirely correct. According to PMiSS youkai do not need to eat humans to survive. And youkai probably won't be able to receive any "spiritual" food from outsiders.
SoPM has a big discussion about it. For youkai to exist people need to believe in it and by attacking humans youkai can maintain this belief. The whole Human Village exists just to keep myths and fairy tales about youkai. Even though youkai do not kill people from Human Village they still cause troubles to them (like for example Mystia making people blind at night).
And the problem is that if suicidal is lured into Gensokyo and attacked by youkai he will generate zero belief. Gensokyo is sealed so no one in outside world would know that someone was attacked. No one would know in Human Village too, since youkai carefully hide their possible human eating activities to not cause uproar.

So if youkai just want human meat then transporting freshly dead body should work fine.
>>
>>14623638
What you said makes sense but we don't really know if it's belief or simply reactions like fear that are important for youkai's eating. In the latter case eating outsiders that don't believe in youkai would work.
Also IIRC living outsiders being attacked by youkai had been confirmed somewhere, I don't remember where. Something to do with the road leading to Higan or something.
>>
>>14619762
You're in deep denial. While >>14617199 grimderped in some points, it still stands that Yukari "spirits away" people the world won't miss (mostly people with suicidal thoughts) to Gensokyo, and rarely these people survive until they arrive to the human village or the Hakurei Shrine, because youkai eat most of them.

The Scarlets eat humans constantly. The "vampire contract" ensures that the powerful youkai that defeated them give the vampires humans from time to time. Flandre didn't see humans because Sakuya turns human flesh into cakes and the like, and feed her like this. This is 100% canon.

Byakuren didn't "slaughter an entire ship", but pretty much ignored the humans Murasa tried to murder to concentrate on saving the youkai. The youkai that, by the way, still has constant urges to drown people and indulges on it when Byakuren is not looking.

Futo and Tojiko didn't kill themselves: They did some advanced taoist ritual to store their souls on jars, so they could go immortal and wait for Miko's awakening. But Futo is an asshole and purposefully messed with Tojiko's soul jar so it broke and she died. It takes zero derping to see that Futo murdered her rival.

Mokou not only totally murdered an innocent man (who had saved her life) but the hourai made her crazy for like three centuries, during which she killed humans and youkai that crossed her path.

The youngest-looking youkai seem to be the most dangerous. Rumia or Medicine dialogues imply they think on little else but to kill. SopM shows that Kisume is from the same category. Yamame too, once came to the surface essentially to check if Byakuren was running a human catering service.
>>
>>14624548
Just few notes

>The Scarlets eat humans constantly.
Dude, they do not eat humans. They are vampires, they drink blood. It's possible to extract blood without killing a human. And don't forget about "light eater" stuff.

>Futo and Tojiko didn't kill themselves:
No, all 3 of them literally killed themselves. Their profiles explicitly say that they died and resurrected (except for Soga who became a spirit due to reasons explained by you). Technically it's indeed not a murder.

Don't want to defend Byakuren because she's shit.
>>
>>14624548
>pretty much ignored the humans Murasa tried to murder to concentrate on saving the youkai
You completely made that up.

>Rumia or Medicine dialogues imply they think on little else but to kill.
I don't think you ever read Rumia's dialogue.
>>
>>14624548
>Sakuya turns human flesh into cakes and the like, and feed her like this. This is 100% canon.
The part about Sakuya doing the job is 0% canon. And so is missing the statement made about Remilia that even as a blood drinker she drinks just a little.

>Byakuren didn't "slaughter an entire ship", but pretty much ignored the humans Murasa tried to murder to concentrate on saving the youkai.
I addressed the hastiness of this conclusion multiple times ITT, maybe you could try responding to my arguments.
>The youkai that, by the way, still has constant urges to drown people and indulges on it when Byakuren is not looking.
I also addressed this, but let's state again that what we have concretely on this indulgence is accidents happening in baths, and Komachi's boat being filled with water.

>But Futo is an asshole and purposefully messed with Tojiko's soul jar so it broke and she died. It takes zero derping to see that Futo murdered her rival.
More accurately Futo prevented Tojiko's regeneration. She'd have killed herself all the same regardless.

>three centuries, during which she killed humans and youkai that crossed her path.
Another bullshit point that I addressed.

>Rumia or Medicine dialogues imply they think on little else but to kill. SopM shows that Kisume is from the same category. Yamame too, once came to the surface essentially to check if Byakuren was running a human catering service.
Medicine and Kisume are established as dangerous, alongside Yamame (but her main thing is to induce disease). However none of them "think on little else but to kill". Same goes for Rumia outside of her EoSD dialogue.
>>
>>14624736
>>14624842
>>14625237
>futo and tojiko
Saying that they "killed themselves" completely miss the point. They are three taoist wizards who knew what they were doing. The real life (well, science fiction) equivalent is 3 scientists entering cryogenic sleep chambers, after agreeing to revive 1000 years later. Only that one of the scientists is an asshole and sabotages her rival's chamber. You're fixating on the "entering the chamber" bit, when it's clear that they weren't expecting that their deaths would be final (because wizardry).
>>
>>14625822
You'd be right if Tojiko felt like Futo betrayed her and hated her ghost form. But she doesn't.
In the terms of your SF example, it'd be as if the sabotaged scientist, unable to wake up in human form, becomes digitized and loves it.
>>
File: CY2TMltUkAUUoNN.png (115 KB, 886x801) Image search: [Google]
CY2TMltUkAUUoNN.png
115 KB, 886x801
Meanwhile voting is over. Results will be available on January 21st.

Updated twitter chart.
>>
I FORGOT TO VOTE FOR SAGUME
>>
>>14627125
What kind of numbers does that chart represent?
>>
File: 1345259994694.jpg (128 KB, 850x772) Image search: [Google]
1345259994694.jpg
128 KB, 850x772
>>14627125
>implying Renko's not 2hu
Nigger, I will fight you. What's next, people can't vote for Zun music that's not 2hu game OST?
Kogasa too high
Seija too low(but she'd be fine with it)
Cirno surprisingly low
Sagume this high is just LoLK boom
Kosuzu is there, but Mamizou isn't, poor Zun
And neither is Kanako ;_;
>>
File: 1415795847911.jpg (3 MB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1415795847911.jpg
3 MB, 2000x1333
>>14627125
I felt bad about not voting for Renko, since she would have been the next one in if I'd had room, but seeing her higher than anyone else I voted for (except Alice) makes it okay.
>>
File: BroccoliMomiji.png (247 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
BroccoliMomiji.png
247 KB, 600x600
>>14627125
>Momiji 414
More like Memeji right
>>
>>14627321
>What's next, people can't vote for Zun music that's not 2hu game OST?
That's actually a good idea.
Also majority of Renko's votes probably belong to Sumishit. Their names differ only in one kanji so it's easy to make a mistake (especially if you're not japanese). Just check Renko's vote comments from the last year popularity poll. There is a surprisingly large group of people who were talking about how they love this "new character".

Also
Kogasa is cute.
Sagume is new Satori.
>>
File: 1411124647479.png (60 KB, 414x275) Image search: [Google]
1411124647479.png
60 KB, 414x275
>>14627125

So only 3 of the ones I vote for are in the top 20.
>>
>>14627380
>Sagume is new Satori.
Old Satori was interesting because she had mildly sarcastic and confident personality which made her dialogues in SA very amusing. Aside from being shut-in, mind-reader, loli and other things that make her attractive for weebs. Sagume doesn't really have any interesting character traits in comparision to Satori other than "super amanojaku goddess" and being nice and smart in general. Her design is nice and you can fetishize her ability, I guess.
I'm not Satori fan, by the way.

>Also majority of Renko's votes probably belong to Sumishit
This sucks, but then again, this poll is full of niwakas who most likely vote based on character design and memes.
>>
>>14627125
Hot damn. I suspected Sagume could be a dark horse this poll, but being able to break straight into top 10 would be an unprecedented result for a complete newhu.
CP not doing particularly strong. The hype is clearly over. Unless supplementary materials and spinoffs give her additional opportunities to show off she's going to be slowly fading into obscurity like Orin.
Junko is a great classic villain type this franchise needed, but her rushed bossfight is clearly hurting her popularity, moreso than the rest of LoLK's cast. I don't see her doing any better in the future.
Doremy nowhere to be seen. Shame.
>>
>>14627495
>I don't see her doing any better in the future.
Zun could make another spellcard game and give her some memetic spells like Camera-shy rose or that Kaguya rape time whatever it's called. I'd rather prefer him making a music CD though.
>>
>>14627125
>mfw the Raymoo-Marisa duo and the Flün-Remi-Sakuya-Patche quad will never, ever budge
kinda shit to be honest
>>
>>14626015
That's still murder, even if it ended for the best.
Murder is in part defined by intent, and Futo had intent to end Tojiko's life (or prevent her from coming back, it's the same thing really). There's a reason that intent helps to determine how much legal trouble you get in for that sort of thing.
>>
>>14627495
>The hype is clearly over
The hype was always America-centric for obvious reasons.
>>
>>14628213
You still insist on how Tojiko was prevented from coming back when she is right there. She lacks a solid body, but she came back.
It's pointless to argue more about this since it's a difference of opinion but if I were to judge Futo I'd do it on other grounds than murder.
>>
So reading this thread has taught me that barely any of the 2hus are pure and have/had murderous intent.
At least I can justify fapping to their rape doujins now.
>>
>Japan loves sephiroth
Color me surprised.
>>
>>14629491
She's dead, Jim.
>>
I still don't get why koishit is so popular
>>
File: 1378803207234.jpg (40 KB, 340x319) Image search: [Google]
1378803207234.jpg
40 KB, 340x319
>>14635257

Probably because some people like "random" personalities.
>>
>>14635257
autism
>>
the poll closes today
>>
>>14643178
It closed almost four days ago. What.
>>
>>14643600
He's probably referring to the fact that the results should be published any minute now.
>>
Are the results going to be announced on the same website?
>>
Results are out.
http://tohovote12.b12.coreserver.jp/result_list_character.php
>>
>>14648136
Reimu back at first place? Well that's a relief.

I really wish Koishi would fuck off though.
>>
The results are kind of like the last time.

Reimu won by a large margin, probably because people did not want to see Koishi win again.

What I'm happy to see is that Koishi didn't win this time, hopefully she will be under the top 5 next time.
Also glad that Sagume got a better result than Americahu. Sagume best newhu!

My waifu got the expected results.
>>
>>14648136
As long as Tenko is in the top 20 and Marisa not in front of Reimu I'm fine.
>>
>>14620062
>2015
>poll organizers deliberately move the poll into into May instead of the usual January/February
>they claim it's because no new characters even though that never stopped them before
>said May date happens to be a bit after Koishi day so everyone still has her fresh in their minds
>2 days before the poll closes they claim all votes were gone and everyone has to vote again, meaning a lot of people missed their votes like me cause we didn't exactly check the site for news everyday

>2016
>no bullshit poll
>Reimu and Marisa beat Koishi
>gee whiz I wonder why
>>
>>14627816
>Raymoo-Marisa duo
??
Marisa's been lower in the past, there's times where even a Scarlet was above her.
>>
koishi was a fad after all.
>>
>Sanae at #12
The fuck? What happened?
>>
File: scarlet sandwich 2016.jpg (45 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
scarlet sandwich 2016.jpg
45 KB, 400x400
>>
>>14648151
She's the new Flandre
>>
>>14648362
At least Flandre isn't the lolsorandumb type character, more so if you read her article on BAiJR where it's shown that she's calm and composed and that her sister lies about her for bragging rights.
>>
>14. Sagume

Why? She doesn't even have any memes or fanart.
>>
>>14648421
she's seen as the cool-but-often-embarassed type, those are hella popular plus newcomer bonus.
>>
File: cute serdućka.jpg (164 KB, 540x779) Image search: [Google]
cute serdućka.jpg
164 KB, 540x779
high place
Im glad
>>
They didn't put in any of my comments though.

Maybe I should have written in poorly translated japanese after all.
>>
>>14627125
How come Tenshi always rates so high in these polls? She's still 13th even though she's practically irrelevant at this point. Wish ZUN would fix that.
>>
>>14648509
Character relevancy in canon doesn't matter much besides maybe the MCs, look at Flandre. Tenshi's popular because she's seen as struggling, easily annoyed and flat.
>>
>>14648421
She'll be 38ish as soon as the new game comes out.
Same with almost every LoLK character.
>>
>All those faggots who showed up just to vote Koishi out.
>Having more than 100 Rank 1s over Marisa but still losing by a few points.
Fucking ReiMari faggots. This is a conspiracy.
>>
>>14648767
Koishi's just a fad, like when Meiling won that 2005 poll. Shitty abscent-minded-moe character pls go.
>>
>>14648767
>Koishi's just a fad.
This. I don't know why Koishifags are surprised that she's not at the very top again. After this she's gonna drop like a rock in the next polls.
>>
Does /jp/ actually hate Koishi, or do they hate her popularity?
>>
>>14648847
It's certainly baffling that she'd outrank the rest in last year's popularity poll, which an earlier post explained why.
>>
File: 905255045842184482.png (474 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
905255045842184482.png
474 KB, 600x800
>>14648847
It's just dumb people hating popularity because they think it will make them cool.

Hope that Hecatia would have been in the top 20 but she got 43rd. Such a shame too. I've always secretly liked her design ever since the first time I saw her. Maybe she'll get a huge boost next year. I also feel bad for Doremi, Ringo, Seiran. 68th, 87th and 93rd is a rough debut.
>>
>>14648847
I don't hate her or her popularity, in fact i quite like her. I just hate Koishifags.
>>
>>14648874
Yeah they're pretty obnoxious.
>>
>>14648293
I assume the novelty of her being playable was the reason of her hitting #2 back in 2010 in the first place.
Her loyal following is still strong though. Hope that she at least returns to top 10 someday.
>>
>>14648925
But now she's playable again after missing out on DDC and yet she's not even in the top 10 anymore.
>>
>>14648929
As I said, it was the novelty that pushed her upwards. She has no memes to back her up in the eyes of newcomers, so all she can do is to stay fun in canon.
>>
>>14648958
If she had novelty in 2010 then why did she keep getting high in later years, only for another playable role to make her go DOWN? These ''newcomers'' that you speak of would vote for her due to her being playable in the latest entry, the same reason for her popularity in the 2010 poll. Meaning she's not popular with them as well as having lost popularity with veterans by a large margin.
>>
File: FS_Jinyou.jpg (229 KB, 653x520) Image search: [Google]
FS_Jinyou.jpg
229 KB, 653x520
>Unnamed Jinyou (Fortune Teller), points: 1083, first: 96, rank up: 100>77.
[*] Based Count. Our faith will revive you, ambitious one!
>>
>>14648980
90% of those votes are probably Tvtropes' Touhou community.

they would vote for Satsuki Rin.
>>
>>14648976
The newcomers/secondaries don't even know that she was playable recently. And she has been 11 twice in a row, so accounting for more characters, I think she's been sitting quite comfortably on that level for a while already.
>>
>>14648274
>they claim it's because no new characters even though that never stopped them before
Except for that one time when they skipped THE WHOLE FUCKING YEAR because there were no new characters.
>meaning a lot of people missed their votes
Yet it has more votes than in 2014.

You should go back to /pol/ with your green stories and retarded conspiracies.
>>
File: prediction.png (14 KB, 381x219) Image search: [Google]
prediction.png
14 KB, 381x219
Warosu is down, but I managed to find my prediction >>13933840 in google's cache from August 15th (next day after release).

And it's pretty close. I correctly guessed order and almost nailed it with Hecatia and Doremy. I just didn't expect that Sagume would become this popular. Also I underestimated Clownpiece. Community is hungry for memes, we didn't any have good ones since 2009.
>>
>>14648997
>Except for that one time when they skipped THE WHOLE FUCKING YEAR because there were no new characters.
but there were, manga always shows up new minor characters and this poll shows that they do include them, they even include the ones without a portrait like the ones from Cage in Lunatic Runagate.
>Yet it has more votes than in 2014.
??
What's your point? That has nothing to do with the fact that people missed their votes and who knows how many, including me.
>conspiracies
You didn't even debunk the rest, especially the most important one: poll happening a few days after Koishi day.

It's not that it's a conspiracy, it's the fact that those reasons are why Koishi won rather than a clean slate poll, like this year's and prior polls prove.
>>
I just want her to be poplar.
>>
>>14649053
literally who.
>>
where I vote?
>>
File: 1452580935720.jpg (110 KB, 607x884) Image search: [Google]
1452580935720.jpg
110 KB, 607x884
>>14649056
#51, don't mind her.
>>
>>14649059
in a time machine
>>
>>14648980
>Based
Based on what?
>>
File: was.png (3 KB, 110x226) Image search: [Google]
was.png
3 KB, 110x226
>>14648980
watafak jp
>>
File: screaming birb.png (45 KB, 180x250) Image search: [Google]
screaming birb.png
45 KB, 180x250
>>14649061
mystia is cute!
>>
>>14649051
>but there were, manga always shows up new minor characters
Who would never score in top 100.

>That has nothing to do with the fact that people missed their votes and who knows how many, including me.
It just show that probably not many people missed it. If you don't check email, /jp/, pixiv, nico for 5 days or just live under a rock then you're pretty inuque. Also how does it correlate to the fact that Koishi won? Or are you implying that all people who missed votes were Reimufags, and majority of "re-voters" were Koishi-fags? At least read an article about statistics and samples from wikipedia before posting here.

>You didn't even debunk the rest, especially the most important one: poll happening a few days after Koishi day.
Because it's so fucking retarded it fucking hurts me. Vote happened two weeks after new games were released. They didn't want to have a poll without new characters, so they made it two fucking weeks after new characters were released. Two fucking weeks.
>>
>>14649110
>Who would never score in top 100.
so?
>It just show that probably not many people missed it.
Why? You don't know how many voted.
>If you don't check email, /jp/, pixiv, nico for 5 days or just live under a rock then you're pretty inuque
I didn't see that cause I was checking other things unrelated to the poll, especially with the shitflinging that the poll threads had over people shitting on each other's picks.
> Also how does it correlate to the fact that Koishi won?
The fact that we don't have an accurate number of the people whose votes should have counted, Koishi could have lost.
>Because it's so fucking retarded it fucking hurts me.
Good job ignoring it again, I said Koishi day, you know, the day where all of Pixiv turns Koishi-tastic.

Also how is it retarded when it's 100% true? Are you still thinking I'm talking about conspiracies when it's just reasons as to why Koishi won? Did you not notice the complete sweep Reimu had over her this year where it was a normal poll?
>>
Never realised the Prismrivers were that unpopular.
>>
>>14649130
>so?
The fucking original post says that absence of new [major] characters never stopped them except it did stop them and I gave you an example - missing poll in 2013. I don't even understand what you are trying to prove here by mentioning minor manga characters.

>You don't know how many voted.
I know how many votes were counted. And it's more than in 2014 (which didn't have any server issues).

>The fact that we don't have an accurate number of the people whose votes should have counted, Koishi could have lost.
And that's why I said you should read about statistics and samples, you fucking imbecile.

>the day where all of Pixiv turns Koishi-tastic.
That would indeed make a difference if voters were goldfishes.

>Did you not notice the complete sweep Reimu had over her this year where it was a normal poll?
Yeap, Koishi didn't have another new game since the last poll.
>>
Clownpiece wrecked, Sagume over her, Aya in the top ten...Sanae could and should be higher, but I guess this is fine.
>>
>>14649195
>new [major]
No, just regularly new.
>I know how many votes were counted. And it's more than in 2014
Again, it doesn't matter because for all you know there could have been thousands of votes gone.
>And that's why I said you should read about statistics and samples
That's not an argument, honey, what did I miss? From this >>14604414 pic alone people were already deducting results, and in the end not only did Marisa top Satori and Koishi but Reimu had a gigantic difference in votes compared to Koishi, whereas that pic showed that they were close. Estimates were also done last year and who knows how they could have ended.
>That would indeed make a difference if voters were goldfishes.
Are you serious? You seriously think that an event that encourages all of Pixiv to draw Koishi (which lasts the whole month as shown by the tag getting new entries even weeks afterwards) didn't influence the sudden victory of Koishi? ULiL wasn't even her popularity boom, it was HM where she was closely tied to the main story and featured character.
>Yeap, Koishi didn't have another new game since the last poll.
You really think ULiL did that for her?

It sounds like you're really desperate to just discard everything that points as to why Koishi won, especially when this clean slate poll shows how much Reimu trounced her.
>>
File: 24279229.jpg (364 KB, 980x770) Image search: [Google]
24279229.jpg
364 KB, 980x770
>>14649165
That's pretty sad indeed, other than Lunasa they're doing worst than the Tsukumos (which everyone thought would be the new Prismrivers). Hell, if my moon is doing well enough Merlin was the Windows 2hu with the worst rank.
Please stop bullying the cute musicians.
>>
>>14649231
>an event that encourages all of Pixiv to draw Koishi (which lasts the whole month as shown by the tag getting new entries even weeks afterwards)
659 images, 643 of which (97.6%) were posted in the first two days.
>which lasts the whole month
>whole month

No seriously, you should stop.
>>
>>14649277
The latest pic in the 3794-hit tag is from July, a whopping 3 months later.

Regardless, her popularity lasted a ton of time afterwards as evidenced by the poll that happened a few days later showing an abrupt victory. You think that artists who have been encouraged to draw Koishi a few days prior's votes aren't going to be affected by that?
>>
>>14649306
659 images, 643 of which (97.6%) were posted in the first two days
>>
>>14649311
Are you just gonna ignore what I said completely?
>>
Glad Tenshi is still high.
>>
>>14649315
You just appealed to one image out of fucking 659. How can I have any meaningful discussion with you if you're this retarded?
>>
>>14649315
You're arguing with a fanboi.
Just remember that.
>>
>>14649324
It means that the lasting impresion of the event is far longer than that, not that the first two days didn't somehow influence people. The tag also spread over twitter and seiga.nico.

Also again why did you ignore the rest of the post?
>>
File: 50775788_p0.jpg (2 MB, 1514x1514) Image search: [Google]
50775788_p0.jpg
2 MB, 1514x1514
Koishi is cute and that's it. Good to know that the crown is back to the miko.
>>
>>14649341
Yeah as said earlier it's just the particularly obnoxious fans of her that piss others off, rather than the character itself.
>>
>>14649329
>It means that the lasting impresion of the event is far longer than that
How the fuck did you conclude that from a single image posted 4 months after event?

>You think that artists who have been encouraged to draw Koishi a few days prior's votes aren't going to be affected by that?
Yes. They drew Koishi because it was Koishi day, it was a trend. You should be completely unfamiliar with all pixiv/nico community if you don't understand how it works. It doesn't change which character they like.
>>
>>14649359
>How the fuck did you conclude that from a single image posted 4 months after event?
It's not just the image, it's the poll a few days later that somehow made Koishi win out of the blue. Also you make it seem like the viewers of each pic don't count as well.
>They drew Koishi because it was Koishi day, it was a trend
Meaning everyone had Koishi on their mind, especially since the poll was just a few days later. With more results than just the one on Pixiv and thus more viewers and potentially influenced people.

Again, you're really desperate to be in such denial, why did you ignore the rest of >>14649231? You're telling me that not only did ULiL somehow make her more popular than she was in HM where she actually mattered but that it just so happens that the Koishi celebratory event made a few days prior totally didn't matter in getting her all the way to the #1 spot whereas in a normal poll like this year she was trounced by a whopping 6 thousand points of difference?

Listen to yourself, jesus.
>>
>>14649375
>it's the poll a few days later that somehow made Koishi win out of the blue.
Or maybe she won because she appeared in two games in a row? And the latter one was released just 2 weeks before the poll?

>getting her all the way to the #1 spot
...from #3 (2014 poll) and #2 (nico poll). She was always extremely close. ULiL was a huge trampoline. And Koishi day in 2015 has got so many images (much more than in 2014 and 2013) due to ULiL hype and impressions and not the other way.
>>
Few english comments from top 10. Some are interesting, some have memes and some are just bizarre.

Reimu:
>She is my wife(カラちゃん)
>Reimu is pretty cool, but she especially shines in the Manga. What a lovable lazy smartass.(Alzack13)

Marisa
>She's like a cheeky nandos friend, there are times where I wonder why I like her but then she'll do somthing amazing and you'll be like "Marisa! you're a right ledge!"
>TOUHOU Hijack lol.(BF-Miko)

Koishi
>Couldn't afford not to put her on this list; she's right behind me.

Sakuya
>Knife-throwing time-stopping killer illusionist ninja meido = best meido(praise ZUN)

Flandre
>One of my favourites characters because of her sad past. And her colorful wings.(Solarius)

Youmu
>Light of my life, fire of my loins, my sin, my soul. So cute!! How can I not love her?
>Still the perfect half-baked badass moe swordswoman.(Splashman)
>very soft(jdzaza)

Remi
>she is so cute that i love her
>dirty deeds done dirt cheep!(drugist)
>English Empire Lady Waifu(Gerard)

Satori
>Mind-reading youkai that fights you with *your* past? Awesome.
>I want to know how it feels to cum inside Satori
>FEZ 64-cube ending (209.7%)(HertzDevil)
>Like Koishi, I find her story very sad. Satoris are rejected because they can see liars. And people want to say liars.(Solarius)

Alice
>Alice is still my girlfriend. She taught me that i have a heart.(alisters)
>She is very autistic, just like me(ミクロ)
>My father says "Alice Margatroid is my wife."(Emily Walker)

Aya
>GOTTA GO FAST(N-Forza)
>Aya is god ,I am dust
>>
>>14649396
>Or maybe she won because she appeared in two games in a row?
Really? That's your reason for her suddenly reaching #1? Shit I guess Sanae should have been #1 many times.
>...from #3 (2014 poll) and #2 (nico poll). She was always extremely close
No, you don't get close to #1 in these polls, look at the latest poll, again, where she's trounced by 6 thousands points, would you seriously call that ''extremely close''?
>ULiL was a huge trampoline
How the shit was it a huge trampoline when she has nowhere near the relevancy she had in HM?

Again, you're seriously pretending that a game where pretty much the only reason she's in was because she was in the prior game ala SWR to Soku with no relevancy to the final boss now is what made her get more popular than she was during HM which was her big boom? You're seriously pretending that the poll being so close to a day where all of Pixiv has Koishi slapped on their faces didn't matter? You're seriously pretending that votes being lost meaning the outcome could be different didn't matter? You're seriously ignoring how a clean slate poll after her getting tons of fanart since still ended up with her losing by a whopping 6k points?

What's wrong with you? You're covering your ears and ignoring the elephant in the room. The poll being so close to Koishi day and the votes being lost is what made her win. Look at Sanae, she got her playable status back in the latest game yet she only dropped in popularity. Social events like Koishi day affect popularity far more than just playable status.
>>
File: angry.jpg (73 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
angry.jpg
73 KB, 1280x720
>>14649418

So comments like these are in there, but mine aren't. Not that mine weren't pretty autistic as well, but still.
>>
>>14649465
>she's trounced by 6 thousands points
That's actually an abnormal result for Reimu. She is waay to ahead compared to all previous polls. And again Koishi was already extremely close in 2014 and in nico polls.

>How the shit was it a huge trampoline when she has nowhere near the relevancy she had in HM?
Are you really that stupid that you think "plot relevancy" matters in a popularity poll? Her urban legend (which suits her personality so well) was playing the biggest role in all of that.
And I agree that HM was indeed her biggest boom. So big she jumped from #14 to #3 and #2. But as I said earlier one game wasn't just enough.

>>14649477
You probably wrote something with sexual undertones. Even though some of those comments are autistic they do not have anything dirty.
>>
File: 1447015799724.png (346 KB, 859x932) Image search: [Google]
1447015799724.png
346 KB, 859x932
>>14649501

I'm sure that I didn't. Maybe there was something wrong with my voting.
>>
>>14649501
>I want to know how it feels to cum inside Satori
>>
>>14649501
>That's actually an abnormal result for Reimu.
She's always ahead by thousands of points.
>Are you really that stupid that you think "plot relevancy" matters in a popularity poll?
Why else do you think that she got a shitton of pics with Kokoro? That's her popularity boom.
>But as I said earlier one game wasn't just enough.
You're saying that ULiL made her more popular than HM did when she didn't even get any popularity booms out of it, tell me that the number of Koishi pics that involve Kokoro is comparable to the number of pics of Koishi holding a phone or a knife.

Why did you ignore my Sanae example which showed that being playable doesn't automatically mean a popularity boost, especially when said playable role is less relevant than the prior one which is the one that made you really popular in the first place?

Come on, you very well know that the poll being so close to Koishi day is the one responsible. What about all the other characters who were also in HM and ULiL? I mean, according to you Koishi got #1 because she was playable 2 times in a row yet the other characters who also fit the bill don't count? You don't see them getting a huge popularity boost at all.
>>
File: kuso.png (26 KB, 419x296) Image search: [Google]
kuso.png
26 KB, 419x296
I truly don't get all this autism about a poll, who fucking cares.
>>
>>14649531
ahahaha Ran got #35.

what a pathetic memehu.
>>
>>14649528
>She's always ahead by thousands of points.
That's the third time you tell something which is not true at all. "thousands" usually mean more than one. But Reimu was ahead of second place by 800 points in 2014, 400 points in nico poll, 300 points in 2012. But in this poll she suddenly got 4500 point advantage over Marisa.
Also I just noticed that Reimu is only 4500 points ahead of Koishi and not 6k. That's the 4th time you lied. Or maybe you're just indeed retarded and can't count.
>>
>>14649554
Yes, my bad, I miscounted. Not that 4500 isn't a trouncing.
>>
This Koishi victim complex is hilarious. I'm glad Koishi lost, if only for all the salt this guy is spewing.
>>
>>14649601
>salt
And I would be happy with Kisume getting the first place if that could prevent /v/shitters from coming to this board.
>>
>>14649531
Behold the horror that are character fanboys.
>>
What? Koishi is not even in my top 10
>>
File: 1390773276820.jpg (331 KB, 850x1132) Image search: [Google]
1390773276820.jpg
331 KB, 850x1132
>>14649615
Kisume is a nice girl, I don't get what you're trying to imply here.
>>
>>14649630
>Kisume is a nice girl
How would you know that? Hell SoPM said that she's a decapitating murderer.
>>
File: Kisume.gif (10 KB, 66x69) Image search: [Google]
Kisume.gif
10 KB, 66x69
>>14649632
She's a nice murderous girl.
>>
>>14649165
I don't think people have them, I think people just sort of don't care much about them. At least, not individually. They come as a set and don't really stand out on their own, so if you're choosing your favorite character, that trio may come to mind, but any specific one of them won't stand out.
>>
File: kisume being cute as usual.jpg (837 KB, 800x1132) Image search: [Google]
kisume being cute as usual.jpg
837 KB, 800x1132
>She's no longer the least popular windows 2hu

Best bucket
>>
>>14649601
I like how 3rd place apparently counts as a loss.
>>
>>14649753
Apparently it is, the way that guy keeps talking about it.
>>
Crying Koishits, she couldn't do shit against Reimu power! Now is your turn fuckers...
>>
>>14649786
trying too hard there.

this is not your first post in this thread either.
>>
Rumia's been slowly moving up in the polls these past few years I've noticed. Wonder why that is.
>>
>>14649821
Pretty much everything related to EoSD has been slowly crawling up over the years.
>>
Wow, that's pretty ridiculous. Looks like Reimu fags were taking no chances after the last time.

I don't think it's even possible take the poll seriously after this.
>>
>>14649990
Over the contrary, Meiling and Patchouli had been falling by a miniscule pace while Cirno fell off more and more until this year where she went up a bit.
Rumia's been continuously gaining steam over the year.
>>
>>14650040
Nah, it's just Koishi being a fad due to the poll being a few days after Koishi day (May 14th). It's like when Meiling won a character poll back in 2005.
>I don't think it's even possible take the poll seriously after this.
Why not? It accurately shows character popularity. What problem could there be?
>>
>>14650062
Oh please. Reimu just literally got a half of her votes out of thin air. And let's be serious here, all it takes is one dedicated autist with thousand mail accounts.
>>
>>14650183
>Reimu just literally got a half of her votes out of thin air
How? She's always been the most popular so it makes sense, and every year has more votes than the last, the difference in votes compared to last year would be even smaller if the votes hadn't been lost last year a few days before the results. It's pretty much people taking no chances even though the reason for Koishi winning last year is pretty obvious.

Even Marisa beat Koishi, albeit for a small amount.
>all it takes is one dedicated autist with thousand mail accounts.
Do you seriously think nobody has ever tried that before?
>>
>>14650183
Ok, so let's ignore all the reimu votes as they aren't valid.
Congratulations for being the most popular 2hu, Marisa!
>>
File: 1389480136482.gif (82 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1389480136482.gif
82 KB, 300x300
>>14650183
Hey anon I found a picture of you!
>>
>3 With Greatest Increase (inc/rank)
Fortune Teller (+23/77), Koakuma (+8/62), Kikuri (+8/139)

>3 With Greatest Decrease [among former top 50] (inc/rank)
Byakuren (-14/40), Shinmyoumaru (-12/44), Mamizou (-13/61)

>Miko actually beating Byakuren
fugin taoists
>>
File: 1422500055772.jpg (135 KB, 1750x1250) Image search: [Google]
1422500055772.jpg
135 KB, 1750x1250
>>14650183
>Reimu just literally got a half of her votes out of thin air
>>
>>14650306
Shame that Utsuho was so low, she used to be #14.
>>
>>14650201
Look at the previous results. Look at the twitter exit poll (it's never been so much off, and say what you will about selection bias, at least you can be sure it's real people, nobody made fake twitter accounts just to post their vote). It makes zero sense, there's just no precedent for this shit. 11-12k points would "make sense", but there's 4k more seemingly out of nowhere, and if you have better ideas than a spam vote gone wrong, I'm all ears.
>>
>>14650339
>Look at the twitter exit poll
The one that said Marisa would lose to Koishi and Satori?
> but there's 4k more seemingly out of nowhere
No, it's just that this time there's no Koishi day bias or votes gone at the last minute like it happened last year. Reimu's always won before in the normal polls so it's no surprise, again, if anything it's probably people taking no chances with their votes.
>>
>>14650339
That ''exit poll'' didn't even have a thousand votes for a character yet.
>>
>>14650201
2009: 14,1% of partcipants voted for Reimu
2010: 13,3% of partcipants voted for Reimu
2011 : 12,5% of partcipants voted for Reimu
2012: 12,8% of partcipants voted for Reimu
2014: 13,9% of partcipants voted for Reimu
2015: 14,4% of partcipants voted for Reimu
2016: 21,0% of partcipants voted for Reimu

Those number are pretty consistent except for 2016. I wonder what has changed? Actually I know the answer, but I'll give you 10 minutes to figure it out.

>>14650350
>votes gone at the last minute
It started with "lost votes for the first day", then it became "few days before the results" and now it's "at the last minute". Great
>>
>>14650368
>Those number are pretty consistent except for 2016
Why did you ignore the last part of the post yet again? People just weren't taking any chances, not that Reimu would have lost since even the estimates placed her at first.

Also with 2015 there's missing votes, like mine, and as said before, there's more votes every year. Each characters' fan amount percentage who voted doesn't have to be consistent each year.
>It started with "lost votes for the first day"
Who said that?
>then it became "few days before the results" and now it's "at the last minute". Great
Don't act petty, you very well know they meant the same thing here.
>>
>people so upset by Reimu winning as usual that they think someone cheated
this is hilarious.
>>
File: fufufu.jpg (143 KB, 633x800) Image search: [Google]
fufufu.jpg
143 KB, 633x800
>>
>>14650382
>People just weren't taking any chances
Nope, completely wrong. Think harder, answer should be pretty obvious just by looking on those numbers.

>2015 there's missing votes
2015 has the same vote count as 2014, 2011 and 2010.

>there's more votes every year
Wrong again. 2012 had more votes than any year.
>>
>>14650425
>Nope, completely wrong.
>no ur wrong because I say so
Nice. It totally doesn't make sense that people wouldn't be taking their chances and vote Reimu as their #1 rather than #2-7. Again, do you seriously think that nobody has ever tried that before? What's more likely, your retarded assumption of someone making tons of emails that doesn't mean anything anyway because Reimu would have won anyhow or people simply voting for Reimu more to avoid taking any chances?

>2015 has the same vote count as 2014, 2011 and 2010.
This is the second time this stupid answer is given to that question. What does that have to do with the fact that votes were lost? If anything you just showed how 2015 would have had even more votes than prior years.

>2012 had more votes than any year.
Reimu still won that one though. Meaning even with the highest number of votes people still picked Reimu.
>>
>>14650382
>Each characters' fan amount percentage who voted doesn't have to be consistent each year.

Yes, after 20 years, Reimu suddenly got 7% more fans in the last 8 months.

It's actually even more ridiculous when you count the new votes. There's been ~10k new participants compared to last poll - and it somehow translated to ~6.5k new votes for Reimu. 65% percent. Totally plausible.
>>
>>14650465
Are you just going to ignore each time I say ''people voted for her to avoid taking any chances after Koishi won last year''.
>There's been ~10k new participants compared to last poll
The poll that lost all votes and asked people to vote again? How many times does that have to be said? If the last poll had gone clean the difference between the number of voters this year and prior would have been smaller.
>>
>>14650461
>your retarded assumption of someone making tons of emails
More like your retarded assumption that I'm the same person as >>14650183

>What does that have to do with the fact that votes were lost?
It means that amount of people who didn't manage to vote again is probably very very small.

>Reimu still won that one though
And? You said there's more votes every year and it's not true

>>14650481
It also had 10k more votes than in 2014, 2011 and 2010. How many votes were lost in those years?
>>
>>14650489
>More like your retarded assumption that I'm the same person as >>14650183
Then what's your excuse?
>It means that amount of people who didn't manage to vote again is probably very very small.
Wrong, check 2012's number of voters, there's a whopping 10k who have voted before but didn't. That just so happens to be the number of newcomers this year.
>And? You said there's more votes every year and it's not true
Okay, is that all?
>It also had 10k more votes than in 2014, 2011 and 2010.
Funny how you skipped 2012 since it proves that there were 10k voters who didn't vote in the next 3 years, add to that any newcomers to the poll since.
>>
>人里の民が誰も知らないような、霊夢が告げる掟(無政府地帯たる幻想郷における事実上の法)によって処刑されたのが不憫に思えて。小鈴を利用した事が霊夢の心象を損ねたとしても。昨年よりコスプレイヤーや同人誌も見かけ、彼を悼む者が増える事を願います。(あるたりあ)
His execution, in accordance to the law that was announced by Reimu, seemingly unknown to any of the human villagers (the actual law regarding the anarchy zone that is Gensokyo), made me feel compassion. Using Kosuzu like that has also wrecked my mental image of Reimu. Whether it is cosplayers or doujin artists, I wish since last year that they also take notice and that the number of people mourning him increase. (Altaria)

>真実を知り幻想郷というディストピアに波紋を投げかけ界隈を揺るがした、確かな実力と大胆さを兼ね備えた傑物。フイウチミコキタナイ(Riki)
Shaking the vicinity and causing a stir in the dystopia called Gensokyo of which he knew the truth of, he was certainly a great man who combined true strength with audacity. Dastardly, sneaky shrine maiden.

>易者さん・・・なんでしんでしまうん(Islynv)
Fortune Teller... Why did you have to die?

>博麗の巫女許すまじ(パンパース)
I'll never forgive the Hakurei shrine maiden.

>革命児(アカザ)
A revolutionary.

>易者は僕たちの心の中で生き続けているんだ・・・!!(oberon)
Fortune Teller lives on in our hearts...!!

>易者の「人間を辞めようと思ったんだよ」この言葉、切ないなぁ…悲しいなぁ…(history)
Fortune Teller's words "So I decided to relinquish my humanity", aren't they heart rending?... aren't they sorrowful?...
>>
>>14650533
>the anarchy zone that is Gensokyo
Did this commenter never read PMiSS?
>>
>>14650533
seems like none of em know that the count was a coward who comitted suicide when he was a human, he also didn't know that you have to do youkai-like things as a youkai or you straight up stop existing.
>>
>>14650512
I still don't get it, what exactly happened with 10k people in 2014?

>>14650539
Next time read the real wiki before trying to look smart: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarchy
>>
>>14650539
Pretty sure he means that this rule is what actually governs the "anarchy zone".

>>14650550
>coward who comitted suicide when he was a human,
Just like the Taoist trio!
>didn't know that you have to do youkai-like things as a youkai or you straight up stop existing.
Define "youkai-like things". (>he still thinks that youkai are necessarily malevolent and have to spook people)
>>
>>14650557
>Next time read the real wiki before trying to look smart
What did I miss?
>>
>>14650533
A true hero.
>>
>>14650564
>Just like the Taoist trio!
indeed.
>Define "youkai-like things".
things youkai do, doesn't even have to be the type of youkai you're supposed to be if you can tap into someone else like Kogasa did with the one-eyed smith, he said he wouldn't do any of it and just lie peaceful all the time.
>(>he still thinks that youkai are necessarily malevolent and have to spook people)
but I don't.
>>
>>14650565
>Anarchy is the condition of a society, entity, group of people or a single person which does not recognize authority.[1] It originally meant leaderlessness, but in 1840, Pierre-Joseph Proudhon adopted the term in his treatise What Is Property? to refer to a new political philosophy, anarchism, which advocates stateless societies based on voluntary associations. In practical terms, anarchy can refer to the curtailment or abolition of government.
That's like definition of Gensokyo.
>>
>>14650585
>things youkai do, doesn't even have to be the type of youkai you're supposed to be if you can tap into someone else like Kogasa did with the one-eyed smith, he said he wouldn't do any of it and just lie peaceful all the time.
Try making a sentence that makes sense.
>>
>>14650588
Uh no, Gensokyo has laws and authority, like the Hakurei shrine maiden and the youkai sages, this is proven by the fact that they wrote the spellcard rules that everyone follows, even people in Hell. The Hieda family seemingly has some authority as well if not a ton of respect and protection.

Also the gods could count, particularly Dragon whom everyone fears.
>>
>>14650461
It's funny because your response to outright rigging is "no, it's just tactical voting". That wouldn't have been much better, all things considered. It still means the poll does not represent genuine sentiment of the participants.

>Again, do you seriously think that nobody has ever tried that before?

No, actually, I think they did and do (it's just never been this blatant before), which is precisely why it's hard to trust the results, period.
>>
>>14650591
what didn't you understand?
>>
>>14650603
>It's funny because your response to outright rigging is "no, it's just tactical voting"
Really? Something as basic as ''gonna vote for Reimu as #1 in case Koishi is gonna win again'' is ''tactical voting''? Not just having given more opportunities to their other picks because prior to 2015 they thought Reimu would win anyhow?

Also, you may have missed the fact that 2016 isn't even the year with the most votes, but rather 2012, a year where it just so happens to have 10k more voters than 2015, and again, add to that any newcomers since.
>>
how is tactical voting rigging and election
>>
>>14650591
Youkai do youkai things, the newly-turned youkai said he wouldn't do youkai things.
>>
>>14650601
>authority, like the Hakurei shrine maiden and the youkai sages
Reimu and mysterious sage youkai do not rule people in Human Village.
Neither Reimu nor sage youkai rule ordinary youkai in Gensokyo too.

There is no government, there is no concentration of authority. Having few enforceable rules doesn't mean that it's not an anarchy anymore.
>>
>>14650623
>Something as basic as ''gonna vote for Reimu as #1 in case Koishi is gonna win again'' is ''tactical voting''?

That's pretty much the definition of tactical voting.
>>
>>14650623
>add to that any newcomers since
Because there is a constant flow of newcomers, but people never get bored of 2hu and stay with it until they die.
>>
>Budist Waifu with watermelons(Gerard)
wew lad
Shame Byakuren's place fell so much, there's certainly no logical reason why a character like Rumia should place higher. Just goes to show that EoSD really is a classic, I guess.

As a side note, the 5 highest placing characters with 1 "supporting work" are Mokou, Patchouli, Clownpiece, Byakuren, Kaguya.
There are 3 characters with 10+ supporting works and they are Reimu (1st place, 18 works), Yuuka (19th, 13 works) and Cirno (35th, 12 works).
Characters with 5-9 supporting works dominate the top 10 (Flandre as an exception has 4).

I don't really get this "supporting work" thing though, Suwako has 0 in that department for example. Did Yuuka really appear in 13 works?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 57

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.