[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this guys serious, trolling or does it really take no ski
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8
File: Wat.jpg (76 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Wat.jpg
76 KB, 1280x720
Is this guys serious, trolling or does it really take no skill in being an English teacher in Japan?

https://youtu.be/w65BxB-NoA0
>>
>>14581711
Someone slap his hand please, so he calms down.
>>
is it weird that i want to see a video of this guy getting robbed?
>>
>how to destroy any non-American foreigner's chances of learning English properly

If you want to hold anyone responsible for engrish, look no further than trash foreign English teachers.
>>
>>14581962
The Japanese were failing at English long before JETs got their filthy paws on it.
>>
>>14581711
>Is this guys serious, trolling or does it really take no skill in being an English teacher in Japan?

Why don't you listen to the testimonial of one of his students?
>>
>>14582682
Forgot link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZToqqdBx1zU
>>
>>14582729
Not him but the woman's pronunciation is really good. His "confrontational approach" seems to be working well even if it only helps their pronunciation.
>>
>>14581711
This is how hard it is for Japanese people to speak English properly.
>>
File: 1368433825204.jpg (86 KB, 230x320) Image search: [Google]
1368433825204.jpg
86 KB, 230x320
>he created a new teaching methodology known as the "PRON method"
>>
>>14582729
I wonder if this is what "fluent Japanese speakers" sound like in Japanese when they complain about Japanese staring at them like they can't believe they speak Japanese.
>>
>>14581711
> does it really take no skill in being an English teacher in Japan?
yes
why do you think japs are so bad at english
>>
>>14581711
Why do you think pretty much all of the foreigners in Japan are English teachers? It's the only way for them to find actual work. The guys cleaning the toilets in the next door office building? Even those guys are more qualified than your average gaijin teaching English.

And since no one in Japan speaks actual English, they don't even realize what morons they're facing.
>>
File: Bueno TF.png (175 KB, 293x346) Image search: [Google]
Bueno TF.png
175 KB, 293x346
>Mouth training with intensive correction
>Pure energy
Oh my
On a more serious note, I don´t think this guy´s method is bad for pronunciation and such. when learning a new language with very different sounds from your native one you have a shitton of work to do if you want to sound half-decent.
Thad doesn´t mean that he doesn´t sound autistic
>>
>>14583453
Yes true, I'm going to finish my university degree in Illustration soon and I'll be ready to hop into the classroom.
>>
My friends make fun of me for dreaming of being an ALT in Japan but I honestly think it'd be a great experience. Fuck it, I know I'm a privileged white male with a bit of yellow fever but a few years in Japan would enrich my life experience so much - why stop yourself from doing something bewildering and exciting.
>>
File: 143745645645.png (293 KB, 392x464) Image search: [Google]
143745645645.png
293 KB, 392x464
>>14587154
I hope you have no regrets, Anon.
>>
>>14582729
cant argue with those results. He's still a fag tho
>>
>>14587154
>I'm a privileged white male
reddit pls go
>>
>>14587175
It's part of the indoctrination that comes along with going to an art school - but also I am definitely privileged because of how much more likely you are to get an ALT job if you're white.
>>
Multiple times I've been offered jobs teaching English. Once it was Cambodia and Japan a few times. Each time I say I don't speak the native language at all and each time I'm told it doesn't matter.

God help those poor kids learning from whoever they did end up sending.
>>
>>14587186
The privilege doesn't come from being white, it comes from not being a nigger. First-world asians get around just as well if not better.
>>
>>14587302
Being a nigger must be pretty hard on them. No wonder they always seem to be chimping out everywhere, they're simply to stressed out from their environment.
>>
All the English teachers I've seen in Japan have been complete and utter retards with an incredibly poor grasp on their native language, take that as you will.
>>
>>14587317
If it was their environment doing that then civilized environments wouldn't be so reluctant to accept them.
>>
>>14587383
A race hated by every other race since times immemorial? Yup, surely it's the environment making them act like chimpanzees.
>>
>>14587392
>A race hated by every other race since times immemorial?
Jews?
>>
>>14587423
Jews killed Jesus. Plus Adolf Hitler. Ample reasons to dislike them.
>>
>>14587430
I bet jews would destroy gensokyo if they got the chance.
>>
>>14587154
Being aware of your autism doesn't make your condition any better.
>>
>>14582729
>Learning english to work in australia
Why?? You just need different intonations of the word "cunt" and "mate", no?
>>
>>14587154
>I know I'm a privileged white male
Kill yourself.

>>14587186
>It's part of the indoctrination that comes along with going to an art school
Resist it, you beta faggot. Most university programs drop shit like that on you because they're all hippies, commies or a combination. But you should have easily learned how to resist this just by browsing 4chan. Shitposting is great for this - these views are just like real life shitposting.
>I am definitely privileged because of how much more likely you are to get an ALT job if you're white.
Bullshit. English was invented by white people, and is a language for white people, and white people only. Period. If someone else wants to learn it, that's up to them. The reason you don't want niggers or others teaching english, is because they can't fucking speak it, and even when they can, they don't understand it. If they were capable of truly understanding something as advanced as a germanic language, they'd invented something similar themselves. But they didn't. They kept clicking and shit. Fucking hell, most african languages didn't even have a written form until recently, and even then it's so incredibly simplistic that you're basically speaking like a retarded child, even when you do it right.

In short, stop being a faggot. I'm not talking about this alpha/beta bullshit either, that was just to jolt you. Just stop being a weak willed faggot, and walk to your own drum.
>>
Foreigners teaching english in Japan are doing only the pronunciation part. They don't teach grammar or spelling. And it seems to be working. I have been in Japan 10 years ago and I'm in Japan again now and seems like the fluency level of the Japanese improved considerably and the number of Japanese capable of speaking English improved as well.
>>
>>14588404
>But you should have easily learned how to resist this just by browsing 4chan.
There isn't a point in resisting things unless you genuinely think they're untrue. If anything what makes him a faggot is his half-assed lip service to 4chan social norms.
>>
File: 46014060.jpg (172 KB, 800x532) Image search: [Google]
46014060.jpg
172 KB, 800x532
>>14588404
>walk to your own drum.
That was kind of the whole point of my post. That I won't let the bullshit in my social circle impede me from doing what I want to do.

>>14588456
This is accurate though, whenever I post on 4chan I seem to unconsciously slip in try-hard buzzwordy language

Furthermore
>>14588427
Really illustrates how this kind of job really isn't for real teachers who would crave a certain amount of control over their students learning. I think this kind of job really suits people like me who are artistic and just want an excuse to get into Japan so we can paint all the beautiful/whacky shit.
>>
>>14588669
Are you one of these self-diagnosed autists that explain all their failings at life with their made-up condition? Of course it's not your own fault, right? You never had a chance to begin with with such a serious mental illness!!

Pls die.
>>
File: 1451100868346.jpg (210 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
1451100868346.jpg
210 KB, 1024x683
>>14588791
No way man, I'm just trying to be transparent about my thoughts. Fuck is anyone even human on this board?
>>
>>14588386
https://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/F2015L00563
>>
File: 41YvrNBNWrL.jpg (32 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
41YvrNBNWrL.jpg
32 KB, 333x500
>>14588871
if you're still human you should leave while you can
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.