[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Jpop peak in the early - mid 00s?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: jpoptrend.jpg (24 KB, 843x311) Image search: [Google]
jpoptrend.jpg
24 KB, 843x311
Why did Jpop peak in the early - mid 00s?
>>
I was going to shitpost your thread, but then I wondered

What actually qualifies as Jpop? Do anime openings count, or are those denpa? Does denpa count? What's the difference between Jpop with rock music and Jrock? Is idol music Jpop? What about untz with lyrics?
>>
Kpop took over in 2008~2009.
>>
>>14511787
What graph is that?
>>
>>14512323
It's a graph of the percentage of Touhou doujinshi featuring futanari.
>>
>>14512357

Should have been more specific, where does the graph come from? Google trends?
>>
>>14512357
we live in dark times
>>
Friendly reminder that Google Trends does not calculate how popular is X, but how many people don't know what the fuck X is to the point they have to google the name to find it out.
>>
gooks
>>
Is Ayumi Hamasaki still a thing nowadays? She's the queen of J-Pop in that era.
>>
>>14511787
Kpop is popular because the Korean Government investing a lot of money in it for tourism purposes and to raise Koreas cultural profile also Kpop often uses western producers which is why it has such a modern EDM sound.

Japan did the same thing in the 90s and early 00s. There was a push of Jpop in the west in the early 00s with artists like Yamasaki, Amuro and Hikaru which crashed and burned so they gave up and the country has become much more stagnant and domestically focused.

This is why modern Jpop is filled with teenage idol groups and mediocre at best girl groups/artists that don't really know what they are aimed at like Meg, Kyary and Perfume who have decent production, but are still way to "Japanese" with eurobeat/bubblegum pop focus on genre.

Also since Utada and Hamasaki are basically retired, there isn't really anybody left to raise the profile for Jpop.
>>
>>14514885
Not much of one. Last I saw her she dragged her ass in to be so unimportant at Kouhaku she was before Nana Mizuki.
>>
>>14516723
>Utada

She is coming back isn't she?

After her mixed race baby.
>>
interest in DDR over time.jpg
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.