[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What otakus eat at Christmas? And please, don't tell me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: panettone.jpg (16 KB, 252x237) Image search: [Google]
panettone.jpg
16 KB, 252x237
What otakus eat at Christmas? And please, don't tell me that grorious Japan doesn't have panettone! You know, I want to believe it's the best country of the world...
>>
>>14498887
Fried chicken.
>>
>>14498887

Chinese food and moonshine.
>>
>>14498887
Japan eats KFC due to marketing.
The rest of us eat whatever traditional food our countyr has aroudn Christmas. I'm british, so I will end up with a shitty sunday dinner, but instead of regular chciken/pork/lamb it will either be turkey or three bird roast. Lots of alcohol too.
>>
>>14498887
Japan can't into actual christmas food mate, i'm sorry.
>>
>>14498887
>What otakus eat at Christmas?
The ones with living families. Alternatively, those who can cook.
>>
File: typical_xmas_table.jpg (424 KB, 1500x844) Image search: [Google]
typical_xmas_table.jpg
424 KB, 1500x844
- Salt-cured salmon with dill and lemon (gravlax)
- Smoked salmon
- Ryemeal bread with pâté
- Carrot, potato, turnip casseroli
- Ham, coated with mustard and ground pistachios
- Herrings
- Potatoes
- Meatballs
- Maybe some salad idk
>>
>>14498887
I wanted to send one to my favorite celebrity in japan, but I already sent her a bouquet of roses for her birthday and I don't want to make her feel bad thinking I'm a stalker.
>>
>>14499126
>I don't want to make her feel bad thinking I'm a stalker.
Isnt that a little late now?
I have never heard of anyone sending celebrities gifts for their birthday. You havent met her, and she is probably richer than you will ever be.
The former is creepier, but the latter is more confusing. Why are you spending money on a person richer than you?
>>
Why yes OP, I love panettone as well.
>>
Chinese food

>not even a merchant
>>
>>14499250
I doubt she's richer than me. well, I'm actually a parasyte, but my father could buy me a porsche if he wanted without breaking a sweat
you're making me feel really bad man. I just wanted to show her my appreciation.
>>
>>14499339
>my father could buy me a porsche if he wanted without breaking a sweat
Fucking Saudi oil sheikhs.
>>
>>14499351
No, just a lucky pizzalander
>>
>>14499360
Not sure if that means American or Italian at this point.
If Italian.
>Lucky
Nah, if you're that rich daddy is probably in the Mafia.
>>
>>14499374
Yeah I'm italian.
>daddy is probably in the Mafia
yep. everyone with an above average income is in the mafia here. average ones are in the mafia at 60%. I'm not even joking, its just how economy works here
the funny part is that if you pay mafia instead of legal taxes you spend less and you're treated better
>>
>>14499331

It is the only way to go. Scorpion bowls and crab rangoons and moo goo gai pan.
>>
>>14499395
>the funny part is that if you pay mafia instead of legal taxes you spend less and you're treated better

See? The free market does fix everything after all
>>
>>14498887
Are you an italianfag?
Fuck off
>>
>>14499573
Disgusting southern cuisine. It's north or go home.
>>
File: a best A BIG ONE A GRAT ONE.jpg (32 KB, 550x412) Image search: [Google]
a best A BIG ONE A GRAT ONE.jpg
32 KB, 550x412
>>14499696

Fuck no. Pu Pu platters where even the little cauldron looking thing that they set on fire on the table is deep fried. Also, cook your hands and melt your phone by mistake when trying to deep fry the glass full of whiskey next to the egg rolls.

This is what Almighty Baby Jesus The Christ wants all of mankind to be doing on his birthday.
>>
>>14499772
I'll be probably eating christmas hot pockets again this year.
alone.
>>
>>14499907

At least go for those horrible 7-11 cold cut subs with the brown lettuce from sitting out all day.
>>
>>14499925
Can I give up the food for spending christmas with someone instead?
>>
>>14499942

NO! You must embrace the lack of someone to Christmas with and the lack of love. It is the only way forward.
>>
>>14499942
Go to your local Church or something. I'm sure a priest will pity you and befriend you for a day.
Or meet up with old people in the same boat, they all get forgotten around Christmas, so you can just go to one of their Christmas parties.

Or stay on /jp/, you arent alone then.
>tfw Christmas/new year is the time of year I get hit hardest by depression
>>
>>14499942
Get your daki and go out with her on Christmas.
Prepare the exit bag for when you get home.
>>
I'm an 80's otaku so I'm having some canned soup that tastes like its from the 80's
>>
>>14499942

you can dig a hole, really, nobody will notice:

http://www.tokyoreporter.com/2015/10/29/ibaraki-cops-man-cuts-hole-in-apartment-floor-to-rape-female-neighbor/
>>
>>14499907
last year I made myself a christmas ham to eat all by myself while I watched animes. this year I had to move into a smaller apartment without a kitchen so I'm going to have to eat microwave pizza or something. I would kill myself but I don't want to miss my animes.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.