[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom (touhou) Chang'e's Official Design
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: Chang'e.png (1 MB, 2000x2071) Image search: [Google]
Chang'e.png
1 MB, 2000x2071
Leaked artwork of Chang'e found in the game files of Touhou Project's Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.

Officially confirmed by many touhou fans also claiming to find this file in their Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom hidden files. It was titled "Change"
>>
>>14473466
0/10, off you go
>>
I know it's fake but I really want another character with gradient hair. Byakuren is not enough.
>>
ZUN isn't even that bad at hands/legs/feet anymore. Poor bait.
>>
>>14473466
It makes me laugh every time that people call that character Chang'e instead of Jouga like it is officially supposed to be read.

I never understood why the Chinese pronunciation was kept in English translations, even if every time the name appeared, there was furigana that read as Jouga.
>>
This appeals to my giantess fetish
>>
>>14482210
Why is Meiling's name written with her surname first when all the other characters have their names switched to Western order?
>>
>>14482210
Just wait until you get to those 'yin-yang' orbs, because -that's- totally how it's pronounced in Japanese.
>>
>>14482682
>all the other characters have their names switched to Western orde
Where? In the games?
Standard practice in English is to use surname-given name for Chinese names (Mao Zedong) but not Japanese names for some reason.
>>
>>14473466
The only thing that can be said for that picture is that it's only a little sillier than LOLK's other designs.

>>14482210
WEEBS GET OUT REEEEEEEE

THE DIAOYU ISLANDS ARE CHINESE
>>
File: CHANGE.gif (18 KB, 423x524) Image search: [Google]
CHANGE.gif
18 KB, 423x524
>>14473466
>It was titled "Change"
>>
File: 1445067738734.png (356 KB, 556x324) Image search: [Google]
1445067738734.png
356 KB, 556x324
>>14483130
>>
>>14482786
One thing is the name of an object. 陰陽玉 (onmyou dama) is translatable as Yin Yang Orb. At least the concept of Yin Yang is know in the western.

Why would you translate the name of a character that ZUN explicitly wrote as 嫦娥 (じょうが) ? It is like the classic joke of Hong Meiling/Kurenai Misuzu or calling Seiga as Qing'e.

Jouga is based on Chang'e, no doubt. But, it is like every instance of Son Goku in any manga/anime should be renamed Sun Wukong.
>>
File: 1448233550950.jpg (38 KB, 327x319) Image search: [Google]
1448233550950.jpg
38 KB, 327x319
>>14483130
ha
>>
>>14473466
listen, i know you want to imitate zun's art style, but cmon, he's not THAT bad at drawing hands
>>
>breasts that are able to be distinguished at all
not zun

nice try
>>
>>14485000
Seeing as Jouga is a shitty reading of Chang'e to begin with, I don't see any problems calling her Chang'e.

Also, Tei.

>>14485312
Whoa! Chang'e is a crab!
>>
>>14473466
I reversed google searched this and the second result was literally "Fan interpretation of what Chang'e would look like if ZUN drew her."
>>
>>14485401
But Tei is how you pronounce her name, since the "wi" isn't used anymore.

Anyways, this isn't the Flandre/Frandre/Frandle cases that not even ZUN knows how to properly romanize her name. Jouga was always Jouga, actually, her name isn't really Jouga/Chang'e, but something unpronounceable by normal people.

For example, if a mexican called "Juan Martinez" goes to the USA, people aren't going to started calling him "John Martinson". But if he says it is fine to be called John, then it is all good.
>>
>>14486559
In this case Jouga is the 'John Martinson'. Why would we use a romanization of the Japanese reading of a Chinese name?
>>
>>14475598
Yeah, his "style" is very exaggerayed here.
>>
>>14486655
Then I don't understand why Seiran, Ringo and Junko from LoLK have the Japanese reading, even if they are supposed to have Chinese sounding names according to ZUN.
Actually Junko is based on a Chinese character Chún Hú, but nobody is using that name to refer her.

The only reason I can see is that they have official romanization while "Chang'e" doesn't.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.